So Far Away | Min Yoongi

By infxresman

Before BTS, there was D-Town. Before Suga, there was Min Yoongi. Before he was loved by fans, he was lov... More

1.0
2.0
3.0
4.0
5.0
6.0
7.0
8.0
9.0
10
11.0
12.0
13.0
14.0
15.0
16.0
17.0
18.1
18.2
18.3
18.4
19.0
20
21.0
22.0
23.0
24.0
25.0
26.0
27.0
28.0
29.0
30
31.0
32.0
33.0
34.0
35.0
36.0
37.0
38.0
39.0
40
41.0 *
42.0
43.0
44.0
45.0
46.0
47.0
48.0
49.0
50
51.0
52.0
53.0
54.0
55.0
56.0
57.0
58.0
59.0
60 *
61.0
62.0
63.0
64.0
65.0
66.0
67.0 - finale *
A note to you

18.5

7.7K 365 109
By infxresman

When we reached our final destination, it was already dark. The sun had just come down, and even though the sky appeared lighter than usual, it gave off a dark and bluish ambiance.

Two tourist guides welcomed us when our bus was gathered at the main area. It was a big museum, but they thought that they should tour students from each bus in different areas so it'll be less overwhelming for the tour guides.

A huge wall clock hang at the middle of the main area, its arms pointing at six and nine. The short one on six, the long one on nine.

Yoongi kept on looking at his phone like he is very worried. I wanted to ask him, but I respect that he probably doesn't want to talk about it.

The tour guide then tells us that the other students are going from top floor to bottom, while we are going from bottom to the top.

There are a total of six floors in this building, and I couldn't wait to see what's more.

The first floor was full of vintage and classic cars. They're the cars I thought I would only see in historical movies, very much so like in the foreign victorian era.

The tour guide keeps on explaining each type of car, but I wasn't just interested. We kept on walking, they kept on talking.

It was like that until we reached all of the floors except the last one on the top. Out of all the floors, I liked the third floor the most. It was where you can see pots and jars that are hand made which are more than a hundred year old. Each item has a different design, and each design has a specific meaning.

On our way to the last floor, we saw all of the students finishing up the tours. Since the museum has glass walls, you could see everything that's going on outside of the building. They were already going into the busses, while we have one more floor to look at.

Our teacher's already frantic, and kept on speeding us up. For the five floors that we've been into, all of the students take pictures with everything, causing our tour to be really slow. I mean, I did take a few clips for our project with the video camera, but I wasn't being a hindrance.

Yoongi is still not talking. Something is definitely bothering him, but i'm too chicken to ask him. He was following where the students in front of us are going.

As we reach the sixth floor, it was emptier than the past few floors we've been on. It's much more spacious with the grey carpet and glass walls. It looked huge, and there was only a couple of enclosed displays. When we walked to each one, we realized that it was musical instruments that was used by some of the most popular artists who has passed away.

The students kept on moving forward with the teacher's instructions, not allowing them to take any more photos. But then, Yoongi suddenly stops when he reached a golden trumpet inside a glass cube, his eyes examining every inch of it.

"Yoongi, I think we need to g-"

"Look at it," he says as he points at the trumpet. "It's made of actual gold."

I walk to him and stop as I stand beside him. The trumpet shines so brightly that it almost blinded me. It looked so sophisticated and well kept. It's a hundred and twelve years old, but there wasn't any scratch on it that a naked eye could see.

"The person who owned this probably took care of it so much." I said.

"That's how musicians should be." He says as begin walking slowly. "Instruments aren't just instruments. They're the love of your life."

"Yoongi..." I say, amazed by his words.

We continued to walk, looking at each instruments. When we were done, we turned to the corner and see a set of doors with a sign at the top that says 'exit'. Everyone's probably waiting for us outside the door.

"Let's hurry." I tell him. "We shouldn't make them wait."

"Yeah." He replies and begin walking faster towards the door.

As I reach the door, I pushed it with both of my hands, but it didn't budge or even move a slightest bit. I looked back at Yoongi, not knowing what to do.

He wrinkled his forehead and squinted his eyes while walking to where I am, and tried to push the door.

It still didn't move.

"Hello!!!" I shouted as I bang on the door with the side of my fist. "Open it, please!"

"Let's check the elevator." He says.

We jog to the elevator, but as soon as we get there, all of the lights were turned off. I started to panic.

"Yoongi!" I shouted, trying to grab him through the darkness. "Where are you?"

"I'm here, i'm here." He calmly says as I felt a hand holding my shoulder. "I'm right here."

"Let's check the busses." I say, taking his hand as I drag him through the glass windows. The city lights gave out a bit of lighting, and as I saw Yoongi's face, my breathing returned to normal.

"Look." Yoongi pointed down at the bus on the ground. "They're leaving."

Everyone was entering the bus, and as the teacher enters, the bus starts right away.

"No, no, no!" I bang on the window. "We're still here!"

But then the bus started to move, leaving us knocking on the glass window as if it was any help.

"Call someone!" I frantically say.

"Who?" he asks. "I don't have anyone's number who is in that bus."

"Ugh!" I reach for my pocket to take my phone, but to my surprise, my phone isn't there anymore. I tap both of my pockets, trying to look for it. I check my bag as well, scattering all the items I have into the floor.

But my phone isn't there.

"What are we going to do?" I say as I grip on my hair with both of my hands. "T-t-they left, we're stuck here."

"What's the worst that could happen?" He says as if he isn't stuck inside a museum which is two hours away from our actual hometown.

"Why are you so calm?" I frustratingly ask. "We're stuck in a museum, and no one knows we're in here!"

"I know." He nods. "But what can we do?"

He trails across the glass windows, sliding his palm as he goes. When he reached the corner, he stops. He blows into the glass window, the moisture forming. Then he takes his fore finger and writes into it.

'Eunji is scared'

"Yah, Min Yoongi, this isn't a time to play around." I warn him.

He looks at me and stares into my eyes, walking closer to me. I stand frozen, not being able to move. Then he slowly takes my hand with his, holding it.

"Let's explore." His hand clutches into mine as he walks, dragging me back into the darkness away from the windows.

His hand felt big against mine, and the warmness made me feel safe. I felt comforted, and I wasn't afraid of getting lost in the dark as long his hand held mine.

"Wait a second." He says suddenly, stopping in the middle of nowhere.

A white light emerges, enabling me to see Yoongi. On his hand was his cellphone, with the flashlight feature on it. Having flashlights on your phone is very rare, but i'm glad his phone has it.

As soon as the flashlight turned on, we were in front of a door that seemed to be like a wall. We didn't notice it the first time we happened to pass by it, and we only realized that it is a door because of a metal door knob sticking out of the wall like door.

Yoongi looks at me before he pulls the door, and by some miracle, it opens. As soon as we entered the room, the first thing we saw was a black shiny piano. Not only it was a piano, but there were silver pipes on top of the ceiling, encircling where the piano was placed. The pipes were arranged in a spiral manner, that it was almost hypnotizing.

The whole room appeared to be huge because of the darkness, and yet a single light coming from the pipes became somewhat like a spot light for the piano. The organ is emphasized by the dark room.

The organ appeared to be the heart of the room.

Yoongi turns off the flashlight from his phone and hands it to me. He lets go of my hand, and he walks toward the organ. It's like it's drawing him in, luring him in.

And he let it.

He sat at the piano, caressing the keys so gently like caressing a new born's head. I watch from a distance, from the darkness, not sure what he's doing at all.

Was he just interested, or does he want to try to play?

(play the audio now!)

But that question was soon answered when he pressed the first note, hitting multiple keys at the same time. The sound bounced through the walls of the silent room.

His eyes widened when he heard the first sound that the organ has produced. Each time he presses the key, it echoed through the pipes, allowing it to channel the sound even more making it much clearer and much more powerful.

He looked up at the pipes and pressed a few more keys, then takes a deep breath as he closes his eyes. As soon as his eyelids closes, his fingers moved on its own, producing a melody that seemed familiar.

It was a rhythmic sound, so gentle and soft at the same time. It was the type of music that could make me tear up in a matter of seconds, a piece that tries to send a message without any words.

A music piece that tries to send a message without any words.

Oh!

That's right, it is the song he made me listen to back in the bus. But this time, it is played with a piano, with much more resonance and clearness that has truly captured me.

I looked at him as he played the piano. His eyes was closed, his fingers moving like they are just floating in the air. The music took him away, he got carried away by it. And that's the reason why he's able to produce this angelic sound I never knew existed.

The song progresses into the chorus where it gets fuller and warm, making me feel as if there is a million of cold needles poking gently into my arms.

I stared at him. By just standing at the darkness where he probably can't see was myself, being so happy that I met such a talented person in my life. A person who could make someone feel moved just by sitting and playing a certain song that he made. Without any efforts, but simply enjoying the thing he is most passionate about.

He continue to play, and as the song finally comes to an end, I tasted something salty on my lips. I wipe it with the back of my hand and clap silently for him as he plays the very last bar of the song.

As he pressed the last note, he looks at me. Even though I was certain that he couldn't see me, he looked at me. Our eyes met, and his eyes looked like it is trying to tell me something.

But then something happened. I felt my heart racing, my heart pounding against my chest. I heard and felt my own heart beat, louder and much faster than ever before. I rested both of my palm into my chest, breathing raggedly.

Because it became clear to me.

It became clear to me why I was confused all day today. The way I cared for him, the way I wanted to see him happy, the way I feel full whenever i'm sure he is full. The way I wanted to be with him, the way he made me feel happy by just existing.

All of the confusion I have felt today suddenly made sense into my mind.

As I looked back into his eyes, it became clear to me that I am experiencing the feeling of liking someone.

And that someone is Min Yoongi.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

321K 6.9K 33
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
690K 15.4K 200
𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘣𝘵𝘴 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴 (𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘥) .... 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘰𝘥𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤�...
22.2K 416 46
A Goddess can be the strongest physically but can she be mentally.... Will she learn her strengths through loving him.... And will he protect her...
213K 8.7K 60
𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐊𝐎𝐎𝐊. a story about an introverted girl who mostly spends her time indoors playing video games. unlike other gamers, she is very private...