Mónéy Matters

By cakeyree

Mónéy is a 17 year old girl who has lost herself after the death of her brother. Left to deal with her indiff... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Book 2

Chapter Fourteen

23.1K 636 145
By cakeyree

|Remy|

"Ugh," I moaned out as I try and make it to the bathroom without pissing in my pants. I've been having bad ass cramps since last night and they've got worse this morning. This baby was whopping my ass. I rushed into the bathroom and locked the door behind me before sitting on the toilet and closed my eyes.

Letting all my liquids out never felt so good, but I doubled over in pain once I was done. I took a deep breath and wiped myself, and that's when I saw it. The toilet tissue was bright red, which scared the piss out of me. I immediately begin to panic as I pulled the tissue off its roll and stuffed it inside of my panties.

Knock knock. "Yo ma, you in there 'cause I gotta pee. I would use my bathroom but my plumbing backed up," Jamal called out. I wiped my face and got my self together. My heart was in my stomach as I opened the door. Jamal was leaning against the doorway grinning at me. I weakly smiled then pushed pass him. I could tell he wanted to say something but he just went to the bathroom.

I walked in the room then sat on the edge of the bed. My legs were shaking and my nerves were all over the place. I put my head in my hands and cried. Right now my life was so fucked up. At first I didn't want to have a kid, but some point in my pregnancy I had accepted the fact that I was going to be someone's mom.

A knock on the door made me jump. I already knew it was Jamal but I didn't feel like being bothered. I was about to tell him go away but I remembered that this was his house, so I dragged my feet to the door and opened it.

"Yes," I said sniffling then looking at him. He was smiling at first but then he realized that I was crying. I guess my puffy red eyes gave it away. He stood straight up and looked at me seriously.

"Aye some'um wrong," he asked seriously. I shrugged my shoulders and shook my head. I feel like the only reason he allowed me into his home because I was pregnant, and the whole me rescuing Mónéy situation.

"I'm good..... I just think I'm coming down with a summer cold or something like that," I replied. He gave me that 'I ain't no dumb ass nigga' face but nodded his head. I knew he knew I was lying but he wasn't going to get the truth out me today.

"Iight, you hungry?" I nodded my head and he motioned for me to follow him. I walked down the hallway and into the kitchen where the smell of breakfast filled my nose. I wasn't in the mood for none of this good smelling food but if I didn't want to give Jamal any ideas, I had no choice but to tear this food up. I walked over to the round table and took a seat next to him. He smiled as he walked around the table and sat plates of food in front of me.

"I ain't know what you or the baby like so I made a bunch of shit for y'all before I leave," he said as he slipped into a shirt. I put a couple of pieces of bacon on my plate as I watched him.

"Leave?"

"Yea, I gotta go to work but I'll be back later on. I'll send somebody to check in on you. Make ya self comfortable but not to comfortable. When I make it back maybe we could go see Mónéy or some'um shit like that." I nodded my head in disappointment. I didn't want him to leave because then I'll be all alone.

"Can I ask you something," I said, saying the first thing that came to my mind.

"You just did, but I guess you could ask me some'um else."

"Do you.....um, do you remember me. When we were little we were like best friends." He squinted his eyes like he was thinking. Then he smirked at me.

"Remesha?" I smiled at him and nodded my head. He chuckled and shook his head.

"Damn girl where you've been. We was close as fuck, til you vanish without saying goodbye." I stuff some toast in my mouth to avoid answering him. He watched me as I ate my food. The atmosphere was awkward. We started playing eye tag across the table. Everytime I look up, he'd be staring at me smirking causing me to blush.

"Yo this shit is crazy. I'm sitting here staring at my childhood crush, who also happens to be my best friend's aunt." I smiled at him as he got up from his chair. 

"I wish I could stay longer but them niggas at the cleaners some real impatient motherfuckers. I'll probably get hea' a lil earlier now that I know you Remesha."

"That's cool, but I don't know what I'm gon' do all day here by myself but I guess I'll find something."

"Yea well when I get back we gon' do some'um that sparks you and the baby interests," he said before leaving out the kitchen. Seconds later I heard the door close then his car started up. I walked into the living room and peeped out the window as his car slowly backed out the driveway. Once his car was on the road I sighed with relief and went to the spare room I was sleeping in and picked my government phone up off the dresser.

Today I needed to make a trip to the doctor to see why the hell was I bleeding. I dialed my doctor's number and patiently waited for someone to pick up. My hands were shaking as I held the phone in my hand and made my way to the kitchen. I sat back in the seat that I once occupied and a voice came through the phone.

"Dr. Finch's office, this is Luny speaking how may I help you," the receptionist asked.

"Uh yea my name is Remesha Tasker and I was calling to see if can I schedule a walk-in appointment with Dr. Finch today."

"Ma'am Dr. Finch doesn't do walk-in appointment but I can help you if you inform me on your problem." I sighed before telling the lady my situation.

"Well I'm three and half months pregnant and this morning I woke up to find blood in my underwear."

"Okay I'll set you up for an appointment for 3:30, is that ok," she asked. I wanted to say no but I went ahead and took the offer while it was still on the table.

"Yes ma'am that'll be fine."

"Okay ma'am I'll see you then." I hung the phone up and walked around the house. I didn't get a chance to check it out since I went straight to sleep after I ate last night. There was nothing else for me to do, so I thought why not. I walked into the kitchen and saw a side door, I opened it and made my way through the dark room.

My hands searched the walls for the light switch, and once I found it I looked around the room and noticed it was the garage. Jamal had two foreign cars sitting on the left side of the garage and on the right was a safe. I was tempted to opened it but I went against since I didn't know the combination and I wasn't trying to be the old Remy no more. I walked back into the house and hopped in the shower. It was only 11:53 but I needed other places to go before I go to the doctor so I had to get ready early.

After showering I went into Jamal's room and put on a pair of his sweats and one of his wife beaters. I put my nappy hair in a ponytail and made a mental note to pick up a perm. My hair was to long to be so damn nappy and all over the place. I put some lotion on my light skin and slipped my feet into my house slippers that I came here with, then walked back into the garage. I didn't have any transportation and Jamal had these foreign car sitting is this garage, I'm not about to let them go to waste. I walked over to the red Lexus RX and I swear I almost got wet. The car was that nice and exotic.

I pulled the key off the key rack and unlocked the doors. Today I was going to test drive this sexy ass car. I knew I had to have it back before Jamal gets home and I will, but right now I'm going to go run a few errands. I slid in the car and stared it up. The engine revved and I pushed a button in the key to open the garage door. The door opened up revealing a beautiful sunny day outside. I pushed my sad feelings to the back of my mind as I begin cruising down the streets of New Orleans.

__________

|Mónéy|

"So where you trynna go now Mónéy, I only have a hour left before I have to go to work," Mona stated. I quickly thought about all the boutiques that I liked and narrowed it down to two since I was on a time limit. Mona was acting stank as fuck and I don't want that type of attitude around me. If a bitch would've been acting this way a month ago I would've slapped they ass but today I'm not, see I'm growing.

"Well first you could take me to House of Cuties I love their clothing. Next I guess you could take me to B. La Coure'." She nodded her head and took off in the direction of House of Cuties. I love that store so much. They have the best brands in there. You could walk in looking like shit, then walk out looking like Beyoncé. We pulled up to House of Cuties and surprisingly Mona got out the car.

"You don't have to come in if you not up to it," I said as I stop walking and looked at her.

"If I wasn't up to it I wouldn't come in Mónéy." That was her last strike. This bitch was bugging me and her flip ass mouth wasn't making it any better. I walked back towards her and got in her face. She frowned at me then hunched her shoulders. "What's up you need something," she asked boldly.

"Yea I do. I need for you to cut it with that nasty ass attitude of yours. I ain't ask you to babysit me, if you wanna leave then do just that. I could walk home if that's what it comes down to. I don't know what you think this is but I ain't none of them lil hoes in the street that you and Toni play with. Just the other day you poured yo feelings out to me about ya family, and no lie I thought we connected on some shit. But now you up here switching up on me. I don't need no fucking friends, you do. You talk bad 'bout Toni but at least her dog ass ain't fake. At least she let you know off the back that she ain't feeling you. You, see you a fake ass bitch, that don't deserve to be in my company." I was breathing hard once I finish yelling at her. She just stood there staring at me like I pissed in her cereal. I turned to walk away but she grabbed my arm.

"Iight, iight, iight, ok Mónéy I'm sorry. I shouldn't be acting like a bitch but I'm going through a lot ok. I just, I just got so much on my plate right now. I'm sorry." I looked at her like she was stupid. Did her ass just say she was going through a lot? The fuck? Did my whole family just not die? This bitch had pissed me off yet again. I waved her off and turned to walk in the store but she pulled me to her.

"Ok Mónéy I'm sorry, iight. I know that was kind of selfish but I just learned some life changing news. I got a call from my grandmother yesterday and she..........," her voice trailed off and I looked at her with concern. She looked like she was about to cry so I grabbed her hand and led her back to the car. Even though she had been acting bitchy she was by my side when I needed someone there.

"My-, Mónéy my dad passed away," she said right before she broke down in tears. She sat in the driver's seat and sobbed while I watched. I knew she was hurting, anyone whose lost a parent should know that the shit doesn't feel good. I pulled her into my arms and rocked her back and forth. That caused her to cry harder.

"It's ok Mona. I'm so sorry and I know what you going through." I whispered in her ear as I continued to hold her. She quickly sat up and wiped her face dry. I took at her with pity in my eyes. She was trying to be strong I guess, but it wasn't working.

"My bad Mónéy, here I am crying like a baby when we 'pose to be shopping for you some'um to we-," I quickly cut her off. Mona was going through a family crisis and here she was driving me around, when she should be home grieving. Icy had me feeling like shit for volunteering this girl.

"No, no, Mona. Fuck shopping I could get all this shit later."

"No Mónéy really it's fine, I'm good. Now let's go find you something cute to wear around the house. Maybe you looking sexy will cheer me up. Plus you could buy something that'll get Icy's mind right and have that nigga eating outta the palm of ya hand.", I chuckled and nodded my head. Mona is ten times stronger than me. It took me weeks to get over my parent's death. I watched her check herself in her mirror, then she smiled and we got out the car.

"Welcome to House of Cuties, if you ladies need anything let me know," the lady behind the counter said. I nodded my head as I walked into my favorite corner of the store. I scanned the racks to see if I liked anything, well I liked everything I was just looking to see something that I really liked.

"Girl they got some nice shit in hea'. I wonder how come I've never known 'bout this place," Mona asked as she admired a few outfits on the manikins. I shrugged my shoulders and walked farther to the back. I looked up and saw a cute black with white stripes blouse with a matching skirt. The shirt rose up a little so my belly button was showing but it was perfect for me. I walked up to the counter and instructed the lady on what I had wanted to try on.

"Ma'am can I try that outfit on," I questioned as I pointed to the outfit. She nodded her head and came from across the counter with a stool. She stood on the stool and got the outfit down. Once it was in her hands she handed me the outfit. I squealed as I walked to the dressing area to try on the clothes. When they were up and on my body I looked in the full length mirror and examined myself. Your girl was looking good. I looked classy but yet single, just the look I wanted. I walked out and did a twirl for the lady who was at the counter and then Mona.

"Girl you slay in that! Yassss bitch the slayage never been so real," the lady said. I knew she was just trying to get me to buy the dress but I didn't care, she really had me feeling myself. I turned to Mona and she was staring at me with envy. I frowned but quickly washed it off, I almost forgot she told me her father died, but damn if looks could kill I would've been dead last week.

"I'll take this ma'am," I said to the lady. She nodded her head and held up a dress in her hand. I looked at it in awe. It was a tan looking dress with a halter top and it would reveal my sides. That dress made me believe in love at first sight.

"While you was dressing I looked around the store and found this dress. I think this would go good with your skin tone. It's a bit long but by the way you slayed that two piece skirt set, I know you will have a lot of girls bothered in this dress." I smiled at the dress and quickly slipped it from her hands.

"Thank you, it's so pretty. Do you have any shoes I could wear with it," I asked. She looked around the boutique and nodded. They never failed their customers, that's the reason why I came here. I walked back into the stall and stripped from the outfit I had just had on. I was sure to hang them back on the hanger before slipping into the dress.

After I was in the dress I closed my eyes shut. I was nervous to see how I looked in this dress, I don't know why, I just was. I slowly opened my eyes and I realized I looked like my mom. I sighed and admired how the dress hugged my curves and how mature I looked. I know Icy gone be all up on me when he see me in this, not that I'm buying it for him to see but, you know.

I stepped out the stall and the lady gasped. I laughed at her on the inside. She was a trip but she lit as fuck for helping me. I heard Mona scoff but I ignored her as I admired myself in the mirror once again.

"Baby girl if you don't buy it I will," the lady said standing behind me. I smiled and walked back to the stall to take this dress off. After I was done I gathered up the clothes and laid them down on the counter. I scanned around once more before paying. I grabbed a few shirts and tank tops. I brought a few pair of sandals and wedges also.

"Your total is $549.83." I swiped Icy's card and put his pin in. She handed me a receipt with a big smile on her face. "You should come back here. I like you a lot, but don't bring ya friend," she said whispering the last part but Mona had heard her. I grabbed my shopping bags and power walked to the car. We only had 45 minutes left before we parted ways so Mona could go to work.

"Where to now," she asked staring her car up.

"RadioShack, I need to get a phone so people can get in touch with me. I'll just pass on B. La Coure'." We went to RadioShack and I bought an iPhone 6. I would've bought a 7 but I like my AUX cord. Mona quickly dropped me off and I went upstairs bypassing Tiana and the others. I got in the bed and took me a much needed nap.

_____________

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

Questions

1. Y'all think Remy's baby will make it?

2. Even though Mónéy got on her ass Mona is still acting up. If you were Mónéy would you still be Mona's friend?

3. Do you guys think Remy changed or is she still same ole Remy

*Two chapters in less than two hours. I'm lit asf. And you welcome!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

208K 4.5K 61
Keh'Lani has been through a lot her whole life to raising her sister, killing her mother , meeting her father , finding her bestfriend and lover to...
6.8K 114 21
"He made me believe I was worthless and alone, I felt I did something wrong, and I deserved it." Those were the quotes to Nia's everyday life while b...
2.5K 79 14
19 year old Aaliyah Martinez is a troubled teen, her father died when she was 8. After the tragic death of her father Aaliyah's mother got hooked on...
117K 3.6K 28
Kenya Classic is 21 years old and born and raised in Atlanta. She moved out of her mama's house at 17 years old to do everything on her own. Her mama...