This Can't be Real

By KdThErAnDoMoNe

Kayla's life has been pretty average, until she moves to a small town with her mum and Gavin. Her mums stuck... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36

Chapter 26

5.1K 231 8
By KdThErAnDoMoNe

Sorry my updates have been so far apart, I should be updating once or twice a week for the next few weeks, hope you like this chapter, please tell me what you think

Kayla's POV

When I woke up all I saw were white walls surrounding me. I didn't even remember falling asleep. After looking around the room slowly I went to sit up, but my body felt groggy and hardly moved. There was a slight pain in my lower stomach, but it was nothing like I remembered having before.

"Ah, finally you are awake." I heard a bubbly voice say. I looked to see who had spoken and saw a middle aged woman standing in front of a door, which I hadn't noticed before. She had long, burgundy coloured hair, that was tied up in a high ponytail, and eyes that seemed to be violet. "Now you might be feeling a little drowsy, but that is completely normal so don't panic."

"Where am I? Who are you?" I asked. My throat were a little sore.

"My name is Faith, I'm the pack doctor. You are in what we sometimes call lockdown." she answered. "Just a few hours ago your body was beginning to go through heat. But you don't have to worry about that from now. We have dulled its effects so you shouldn't be in any serious pain."

"What's heat?" I replied, confused as to what it was.

"Oh, darling, hasn't anyone ever explained it to you?"

I shook my head.

"Well, then." she sighed as she walked closer to me. "Heat is something that happens to a female wolf after they are marked." She was rubbing her palms against each other. "It can be painful or uncomfortable, but your mate can push those feelings away through physical contact. You may feel some urges but I would just like to tell you that it is completely normal."

"Don't sugar coat it, honey." a deep voice chuckled. I saw a man around the same age as Faith. He had dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes, that held some mischief. "You will get really honry and want to mate, cough cough have sex, with your mate."

"Liam!" Faith exclaimed, her jaw dropped at his words. "Why would you just say something like that?" He smirked, amused at her reaction.

"You didn't appear to feel that way when you went through heat. How long did you last? Barely an hour before you were begging me. You said all you wanted was my..." he was cut off by her yelling, "Shut up!" and covering his mouth with her hands.

"Now, get out." she said, trying to regain her professional composer. He winked at her and walked out. She sighed and turned to face me. "That was my.... wonderful... mate. He never knows when to stop."

"It's okay." I told her. "He seems interesting."

'Yeah, he definetly is." she paused. "When I first met him at what turned out to be the worst concert I had ever been to, and that was just the music. One of my friends had dragged me along to it. There was the whole looking deeply into each others eyes. I remember panicking. Wondering if he would like me or not, what if he would reject me. I kind of freaked out." She sat on the edge of the bed, she looked lost in thought. "I ran away, basically hyperventilating and I didn't even know his name yet. See I used to be a member of the Lake Water Pack, and I was just in town for a job interview. He was in the White Dusk Pack and high in rank. The power he gave off, it frightened me. I wasn't that highly ranked in my pack, so I greatly feared that he wouldn't accept me as a mate. It seems kind of stupid, now that I look back at it." A dreamy smile appeared on her lips. "He ran after me, followed me to the middle of nowhere. I remember him grabbing my arm gently and pulling me towards him. His scent was, and still is, intoxicating. He didn't say anything for awhile, neither did I. We ended up lying down next to each other on the short grass together, just staring up at the sky. He turned his head to look a me, and I remember blushing. I will never forget his first words to me. He said them as he looked back up. I quote, 'There aren't any stars in the sky, it would be better if there were. But I guess they are no longer needed, as you will become my star. Someone that I will look at in awe and make wishes upon, the person who will shine and provide me with light, the one who always be there for me. What is your name my beautiful mate?' My cheeks were bright red then, all I could do was quietly whisper my name to him in response." she paused then looked at me. "I'm sorry I should stop talking. I must be boring you with my life story."

"No, it's okay. I find it interesting." I replied.

"Okay, how about we make a deal. I will tell you if, and only if, you tell me about your mate." she suggested with a smile, I blushed then nodded.

Lucas's POV

Dad and Steve were discussing 'old times' and I was yet to be told anything interesting. Like the whereabouts of Grace. There were some awkward moments when Steve asked abut mum and Renee and Anthony. I saw dad's lips thin, mum was still a really sensitive subject for him, I had a feeling that it would always be one. As dad didn't reply and just looked at me, I knew I was the one that had to answer that question.

"Around a year ago," I let out a sigh and rested my chin on my hands, "mum was murdered." He frowned, then his eyes widened. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. "The same happened to Anthony and Renee a few years ago."

"How many?" he asked slowly as he looked me straight in the eye.

"I think, um, maybe fourteen years ago." I replied.

"Oh my god." he said as he put his head in his hands. "Did you... did you guys take Kayla in?"

"No." Dad answered. Steve looked furious and glared at him. "But you have to understand that we actually didn't know that anything had happened until it was too late. She was adopted and there was nothing we could have done. None of us were related to her. Even though Anthony and Renee pretended to be her parents for two years they weren't directly related. They asked for DNA tests to prove that she was Kayla's aunt, what would we have done when when the tests came back negative. We had no contact with you or Grace. There was no one that we could turn to. She was adopted by a human woman and they lived their lives happily, or so I hope. I have no idea why they moved here, so close to where she used to have a life, but she did."

"Dad, I know why." I told them. "They moved here because of Kayla's adoptive mums boyfriend, the dick." I whispered the last part under my breath. "I ran into her one day and found out that she was my mate. She was lost and I brought her back here. That was when you blew your top off at me." Talking about Kayla made me miss her. I wanted her in my arms and I wanted to just hold her, make sure that she was okay.

'Agreed.' my wolf said. 'But it feels as though she is safe and I am sure that someone watching over her.'

'I want to be the one watching over her.' I complained.

'Suck it up.' was all he said in reply.

'You always say that.' I whined

'Fine, I have a new one.' he told me. 'Take a cup of concrete and harden up, or.... um, yeah thats all I can think of.'

'I hate you.' I replied as I blocked him out of my mind.

"What about Grace, where is she?" I heard dad asked. Steve tensed and looked down.

"I don't know." he said quietly. "Six years ago we were attacked and they took her with them. I know she is alive but I feel her hurting. It pains me to know what she is feeling. I have looked for her but I can't find her, I feel as though I have looked everywhere. All I am coming up with is dead ends. I think I am finally going to stop. I'll just stay here, and watch over my daughter and her mate." he sighed. "Because that is all I can really do now." He stood up and walked out of the room, with his head down.

"Wait, before you said that there was another guy in your friend group at school." I remembered turning to face dad. "He kind of sounded like a loner, all of you guys paired off and he was left by himself. What happened to him?"

"That is an interesting story. It was maybe a year after Grace and Steve left, so we were all in our early twenties." he started to answer me. "Anthony had dragged Liam, that's his name, to a concert, complaining that he wasn't any fun and had to loosen up and 'stop acting like a fifty year old man that frowned down on anything he did'. That basically what Anthony said, and it was true. I didn't go, apparently the music wasn't that good at all. But he found his mate. She was in town to be interviewed to be our new pack doctor. He actually left the position he held in the pack just to be with her and support her dreams. They make quite a cute couple. He is more comfortable and not as uptight, and he will say just about anything to make her blush. It's quite entertaining to watch." he paused. "And his mate got the job, so they are both now apart of this pack. She is the one that is looking after Kayla right now, so your mate is in good hands." He smiled and walked into the kitchen. It made me feel better that I knew that it was a female pack doctor looking after her. But it also made me wonder why I never really heard about Liam before.

I just shrugged off the thought and went up the stairs. I saw Sam playing in my room and Jason running around Tyler's room as he cried. Chuckling I walked through the doorway and picked up my youngest brother. He quietened in my arms. Jason stopped running and looked at me.

"You're back!' he shouted as he pulled me into a tight hug. I pushed him off with me with one arm and held Tyler in the other.

"Yeah, I got back at least an hour ago." I told him. "Man, you don't pay any attention to anything do you?"

"Shut up." he huffed as he crossed his arms against his chest.

"I'm sorry, Nathaniel, please don't pout." I teased.

"Don't call me that!" he whined. "Seriously, how many times do I have to say that?" He paused. "Damn, there was something I wanted to tell you but now you made me forget." He frowned and rubbed the back of his neck, trying to remember.

"Nate!" I heard a voice call out. I frowned. Jason smiled as a girl appeared in the doorway. She was fairly short and had short black hair, which was around shoulder length. He hugged her and proudly said, "Oh yeah, I found my mate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry again about the last update.

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas for covers for this, because I made one, then it wasn't the right kind of file and I couldn't change it to what I wanted to, plus I am getting sick of the same wolf staring at me (the real reason is that I am sick of losing staring competitions with it) so if anyone has any ideas please send them to me.

I would also just like to say Merry Christmas and I hope you all have a Happy New Year, as it is Christmas Eve today (did this year fly by for anyone else?)

I hope everyone gets awesome presents tomorrow and that you all get to celebrate with your families and have fun and make memories with them :)

KdThErAnDoMoNe

PS. Please tell me what you think of this chapter

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 147 12
Kayla and Zach, your typical couple. Young and Inlove. Kayla Knows everything she need to know about Zach, or does she? Kayla finally learns the trut...
80.6K 1.8K 33
"Together?" He asked. "Together," I nodded, and he took my hand in his. Faith knows about werewolves. After all, she is one. And of course; she...
2.6M 93.7K 61
THEY REJECTED ME and I BECAME SACRED. If only that night didn't come, maybe my family will love me again, maybe I won't see hate and disgust in my p...
1.2M 25.4K 57
♚ Completed ♚ The lowest of the low in Nightmoon pack, Lily Heart is pained, broken and abused, over and over again. Day after day, she has thoughts...