Second Chances

De dearhearty

"There is no such thing as second chances." That is a what Stephan said to himself every time the word love c... Mais

Prologue
Chapter 1: Can You Deliver A Good News?
Chapter 2: The Sweet Plan
Chapter 3: A Beaver Would Be Nicer
Chapter 4: Both Of Us Are In This
Chapter 5: We Are Doomed
Chapter 6: Where Are We
Chapter 7: Papaya
Chapter 8: Getting Close?
Chapter 9: Under The Stars
Chapter 10: All Confession
Chapter 11: Ring
Chapter 12: Don't Look Away
Chapter 13: Chills
Chapter 14: Let's Start A New Relationship
Chapter 15: Two Hearts Combined
Chapter 16: The End?
Chapter 17: Today is the Start
Chapter 19: Long Time No See?
Chapter 20: Deadly Glares
Chapter 21: Last Minute
Chapter 22: Game On, Asshole.
Chapter 23: The Request
Chapter 24: Bahamas
Chapter 25: Rebirth
Chapter 26: A Cute Encounter
Chapter 27: Wait for You
Chapter 28: Doubts
Chapter 29: Cliff
Chapter 30: Worry No More
Chapter 31: Busted
Chapter 32: Give Me What I Want
Chapter 33: Chillin
Chapter 34: Step Together
Chapter 35: My Girl
Chapter 36: Mine
Chapter 37: Find the Letters
Epilogue

Chapter 18: Hello Doll

34.9K 1.4K 62
De dearhearty

Ariana's POV

"Guess who?" A man's voice chanted as he covered my eyes with his large hands. I don't need to see his face to know who he is.

Smiling like a kid, I removed his hands and turned my head to see him. "Cliff, you're back!" I stood up and hugged him very tight.

"Hi honey...this is for you." He brings out the thing he is hiding behind his back and showed me that it was a bouquet of pink  flowers. Perfectly arranged.

This is my boyfriend, Cliff and we are dating for a year now, and he's a surgeon.  He's 39 years old and we are 16 years apart. Well that doesn't matter anyway, my parents liked him so there's no problem involved there.

"I thought you'll be gone until next week?" I took the roses from him and put them on top of my desk.

Cliff smirked, wrapping both of his arms around me and leaned down until our foreheads touched. "Well, I miss my girl. Is that enough to please you."

Chuckling, I placed my hands on his shoulder. "Really? Where is she?" I joked and we both laughed.

He was called in India three weeks ago because he was the one assigned in a very serious case over there. Having a surgeon as a boyfriend is surely hard. His schedules are unpredictable all the time.

"Are you busy?" Cliff questioned, letting me go and sat down on my office chair.

"Honestly, I am. I have 20 boxes of wedding cupcakes to make and I can't help my crew because you're here." I playfully punched his arm and crossed my arms. "Aren't you supposed to be in the hospital?"

Cliff clicked his tongue, remembering that he has a surgery in an hour. "Darn it. I have to go. I'll see you...tonight? Are you free tonight? Let's have dinner."

I smiled and nod my head. "Sure."

He smiled back and placed a quick kiss on my lips "See you tonight, honey. Don't miss me too much. "

"Don't worry, I won't." I joked. He finally left my office.

I sigh and sat down on my office chair and closed my eyes.

Two years had gone in a swift. Like it was just an air that passed by. I've been ignoring Stephan since the day I left that island. Actually, ignoring is not the right time. I'm more like hiding from Stephan. I'm sure he will be angry once our path crossed again.

I bet he is really mad.

I want to forgot that guy but how? I don't want to hear anything from him but he is always in the news.

Going out with different woman every night. Stephan doesn't care if she's a celebrity or not, he will break their heart into pieces in the end. From how I know him, he got even worse now. He's not like this before, he became more wild and angry at the world.

I sigh and tried to rest my mind. I'm trying to forget him but I keep on recalling all we have been through.

"Damn it. It's been two years! Why can't I moved on?" I groaned, looking stupid talking to myself in this quiet office. I started screaming and slapping myself over and over.

Every time Cliff and I kiss, hug, touch...Stephan always comes into my mind like he's haunting me all the time. I can't help but compare their capabilities and similarities as well. Their both different persons and I'm sure that Cliff and my relationship is far different from what Stephan and I had.

I love Cliff....

That's the end.

What I felt for Stephan is admiration for making me strong. I just owe him that and that's the difference they had.

I met Cliff when I was on my way to recover when I moved here in San Clarinet, he was one of my customer at the café.  He always comes here alone and I have never ever seen him with someone. He always try to flirt with me at first but then I found his jokes very corny until I noticed that I'm laughing already.

Two years ago....

"I really want to kill him, Arian. How dare he cheated on me! Didn't he know how lucky he is to be able to date me." Jasmine was here in my café, as always looking very pretty and sophisticated. She's wearing her large red sunglasses, a floral tube sundress, and those 5 inch red stiletto heels. She just discovered her current boyfriend is cheating on her...again.

Seriously, this is not new.

"Jasmine, don't be like that. I know you're happy to get away from him?" I stated, sitting down in front of him. She's actually here in my café and probably just wasting her time and trying to get away from all of her guards.

Then a sad smile turned into a grin "Yeah, you're right. You know me too well, you really are my best friend." She dramatically wiped her fake tears and arranged her posture. "By the way, do you want me to arrange in a blind date? I met this very cool guy but he's not my type so I told him that I will arrange him to you."

I frowned "Jasmine, you know how much I hate blind dates."

She rolled her eyes and pouted "C'mon, Arian...you're 23 years old. You're young and beautiful...make use of it!"

"Maybe soon." I replied, taking a deep breath. Love is not in my list right now. I just started this business and I should focused here more.

Jasmine just shrugged her slender shoulders and took a bite of the cupcake on her plate.

"It's been a year now, baby. Move on." I didn't know if I hear right though when she said that. "Oh, I saw him one time in a night club in Morocco."

My heart started increasing it's rate when I realized what he she meant. I sigh and raised my head to her with a smile "Yeah? How is he?"

"Um...He's ...okay?" She seems to be having a  difficulty in finding the right word.

"Let me guess...an actress?" I chuckled.

She hook her head. "Think again."

"A model?"

Another shook of her head. "Think harder."

I raised an eyebrow "The hottest girl in the club?"

"Nope."

"His girlfriend?"

"Tsk, that asshole doesn't have a girlfriend."
"Okay then, what?" I am out of clues now.

"A cougar." She said in disgust. "I saw him making out with a 47 year old cougar...not just making out though. I saw them in a car with her on top of --"

"Alright, alright! I get it!" I raised my hand in defeat. "I'm not into him anymore, Jasmine. What we had in that island is forgetting the day we left it."

Jasmine didn't look satisfied and just chuckled. Then her eyes were focused on something else. Then slowly, a wicked smile appeared in her face.

"What is it now?" I groane, loosing patience already.

" You sounded like Rebecca in the series Crazy Ex Girlfriend." Jasmine continued to tease me. "Sweetie, we've known each since we're little. Just one look from you and I know what you are thinking already."

I inhaled deeply "Think whatever you want. I'm done with all the Stephan thing"

Standing up, I was about to storm away when someone suddenly walked by and bumped into me making the coffee he was holding to spill all over his white shirt. The whole area made a gasp sound seeing the scene I have done.

" Oh God, I am so sorry!" I apologized, desperately keeping my head low. I bit my lower lip and bend down to grab the coffee cup that fell on the floor. "I'm so sorry, Sir! I'll make you a new one!"

"Don't worry about it~"

"Jasmine, do you have a tissue?" My voice is shaking as I turn to her without looking at the man's face because of how embarrassed I am right now. I can't look at him in the eye!

Good thing the customers didn't know that I'm the owner of this shop or else this will make a bad remark about it.

Jasmine handed me a tissue and I tried to wipe off the stain in his shirt in a hurry. I'm panicking here people! After that Stephan topic that we had really kinda tensed me.

One of my waiter came in and mopped off the coffee spill. "Miss, it's really okay. Its no big deal." the man grabbed my hand that made me finally look at him in the face.

And darn it, my heart started beating so fast when our eyes touched. It even made me swallowed feeling the tingling sensation of his touch on my hand. There is something in my stomach that is making me uncomfortable yet, this is the same intensity that I have been feeling when I am with Stephan.

" Okay, are you just gonna stare at each other the whole day?" Jasmine's voice brought me back to my senses and made a little distance between us.

"I-I am really sorry, sir." I bowed my head and called one of my waiter again. "Go to the back and get a shirt."

" Don't bother, I have a coat with me so I can just cover it up." He tried to stop us but like I will let him. He is one of my customer and it really was my mistake.

" Please come with me." I told him and head to the restroom with him following. We stopped there and the waiter handed us the shirt of my shop.

It is actually the shirt that I gave to the first one hundred customers on the first day and there are still many left. It has the shop's logo and name on it.

"You really won't let this pass?" he smirked, and a small husky chuckle came from him.

"Yep, good thing you knew." I smiled.

His eyes stayed glue to mine for a few seconds before he break the silence between us "Cliff.. my name is Cliff, you are?" he gave out his hand.

I quickly took his hand and shook it. "Ariana. The owner of this shop."

His eyes widened and seemed surprised. "Oh, wow. This is one amazing coffee shop, Ariana. I'm not regular here."

" Really? Seems like I was too busy on my own little world and I couldn't even notice you." I weakly laughed while scratching my hair.

"I guess my plan did work." I heard him whisper but there's a hint in his voice that he wanted me to hear it. " I always come here to see you if you will finally noticed me. I even came up with a stupid plan and it worked. Here you are."

I suddenly couldn't speak after he said that.

A smile formed once again from me. Jeez, it's been a while since I gave a real, wide smile and it's all because of this man. This tall gray haired man, gray colored eyes, his natural pink lips and nice jaw structure. He doesn't look around my age so I bet he's ten years older or more.

"You finally smiled." Cliff added.

"Excuse me, what?"

"This is the first time I see you smile  since the day I came here. You were always busy doing something and you don't look so happy at all." Cliff crossed his arms around his chest then all of a sudden, he poked the skin between my forehead.
Wow. For a person I just met, he sure does sound like a stalker not a customer. He knows me too well even if he is just a stranger.

"So, um...I think I should change now. I'm talking too much." He wrinkled his nose while holding the shirt I gave him with one hand and he entered the restroom.

Phew, he's a talker too.

End of flashback

After that, Cliff and I always hang out in the shop. He will come as a customer then we will have our little talk. You know the 'Get to know each other' chat. Until one day, I just felt alive again.

Cliff was always there for me, supported me in everything. He met my parents  and they got along very quick. Quicker than I imagine. We started dating and until now, we're still going strong and enjoying each other's company. Although we are still not getting along with our schedules because of his work as a surgeon, he is always out of the country, most of the time, he will get up from bed at the middle of the night because there was an emergency in the hospital.

But I guess that is what you will get if you dated a doctor.

Always occupied by work.

But he never fails in making me happy.

I love him.

And I never wanted to hurt him. He's too sweet and thoughtful.

I can't picture myself with Cliff. I feel like there is a huge part missing and I can't pin point what it is. We need more time to discover it.

Once again, I gave out a deep breath. I don't have time right now to think about it again. There is work waiting for me outside so better turn my attention there.

Closing my office doors, I saw that I don't have much customers yet since I just opened the shop an hour ago. Most of th time, people come here before noon then this will be full customers until evening.

"Madam, a guy over there asked for you." One of my waiter, Todd informed me pointing at the corner table at the back.

"Me?" I raised an eyebrow "Why me?"

"I don't know. When I told him that I'm gonna knock you in your office, he said he will just wait until you come out." Todd explained as he continued mopping the floor.

Strange.

I walked towards the table that the man is occupying, he had his back on me and he's wearing a red cap so I couldn't guess who he is. Maybe one of the investors who wanted to help

"Excuse me, Sir. You asked for me?" I kindly asked with his back still facing me. 

Then slowly, when he turned around and my eyes widened in shock seeing who the man was. Those powerful eyes that can see through me are staring right into mine without any emotions can sense there but I can see that he is not happy.

Who would be?

He's the man that I've been hiding for the past three years.

"Hello, Doll."

Oh crap

"Stephan?"

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

138K 6.5K 61
------- He loved the girl that can't love him.....And now he can't love the girl that loves him -------- ** "Don't worry.." I say, getting up off the...
4.4K 186 8
He loved her from a far, he disired her, craved her but he let her go and waited for the right time to cage her in his dark world. Like a predator. T...
841K 26K 56
"Well I think the best option is that we should get married" I said breaking the silence. "Have you lost your mind" she yelled at me. "Look I know...
17.2K 455 60
"I'm the most eligible bachelor of America I'm a billionaire and you're rejecting me" "YES" "Tell me what you want I'll give you anything" " Anything...