Nerd by Night (H. Styles)

By _live_laugh_love_1D

Danielle tried so hard to get where she is now. She is at the top of her high school, competing with Amanda... More

Nerd by Night
chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 9

78 2 0
By _live_laugh_love_1D

DANIELLES

One week has passed, and I haven't talked to Harry since Amanda. As for my classes, those are mine, not hers. I can do what I want, I'm not going to let an immature person ruin my future.

"Hey, where have you been all week?" Harry comes over to my locker after last period. I don't say anything to him. So I slam the door and walk away.

"Danielle what the hell!" He yells. He can walk in a boot now, so he's kinda fast. "You!" I yell, spinning around. "You're my damn problem!" I notice Amanda walking towards us, so I walk faster to my car. I burst through the doors and run down the steps.

"Hey Dani!" Zayn yells. "Leave me alone right now." I stop to say that, but arms grab my waist. Harry spins me, making me face him.

"Talk to me." He pleads. "fine. Follow me." I notice Amanda but don't care. Nothing matters.

We walk to my car and get in. I let out a scream, then begin to cry on Harry.

"Its okay..." he mumbles. "No its not! Amanda got a video of me being all weird! Did you give it to her?!" I narrow my teary eyes at him. "No I-" I slap him in the face. He did.

"Harry you ruined me. Thank you jackass. Get out of my car." I look away from him. I hear the door open and close. I floor the gas and peel out of the parking lot. I drive for ihours, crying and thinking.

I knock on Zayn's door without thinking. He answers and hugs me. "Baby, please talk to me." He pleads, cupping my face in his hands. I apnod and walk to his room. He seats me on his messy bed and I explain Amanda and Harry just a few hours ago.

By the time I leave his house, its 1:30. I drive in slience thinking about everything. How will my life change? Could I possibly say its 'cool' to study and play games? Those things make me happy, and I never told anyone. Then, Harry came and found out. He's the reason I'm in this mess. Hopefully I can dig myself out of the giant hole he put me in.

I press my hand on the icy cold doorknob and flick my wrist to open the front door. The first things I see is dad pacing, mum hugging Anne and Gemma, and Harry's hand in his messy hair.

"Danielle!" Mum yells as she notices me standing in the doorway. I walk over to her and hug her. I hug everyone, including Harry, then get a lecture.

"Young lady, school nights you have a curfew. We were worried sick that something happened to our baby! Where were you?" Dad sternly asks.

"I had to get away, I was driving then went by Zayn's. I'm okay now." I smile. "Harry, follow me we need to talk." I add, standing up. He nods and follows me down the hall.

"Listen, I'm sorry I slapped you. I was so angry.. I didn't mean it. But Harry, please, did you send her the video?" I look away from his hardening gaze on me, I can't stand it.

"No I swear. I would never do that to you. I care about you dani." Butterflies fill my stomach when he calls me dani. Why, I don't know. "I was thinking though, at Louis' party, I handed her my phone for a little. Maybe she found it and sent it to herself. I'm sorry. It's all my fault." He sighs and squeezes his eyes shut. My limbs are numb. Brian foggy from everything going on. I can't help myself as I feel my hand graze his cheek, feeling slight stubble from not shaving in a day. He closes his eyes and leans into my hand, sighing. I watch as my fingers move towards his plump pink lips, and trace them. Over and over, my thumb swipes along this lips, increasing my already fast heartbeat. He breathes onto my fingers, sending a chill down my spine. His eyes still closed, his hand touches my cheek, leaving fire in their wake. His eyes flutter open, just as I take my hand down. He does the same, and I long for his touch back. Why though? Why am I feeling like this, right now?

****

This past weekend, ive been texting Harry a lot. We're just laughing and having fun. Hes also making sure I'm okay. Which really, I'm not. This whole video thing is giving me anexity and I'm confused about Harry. We had that little event happen, but we never brought it up. Its weird for us and I'm probably in trouble with Amanda. Shes going to send it. I'm going to be ruined. Just how she likes it.

"Are you okay baby?" Zayn asks for for probably the thirdeth time since we walked into school. I just roll my eyes and kiss him. He then dismisses himself to go to his locker. I go to mine and meet my girls there. We chat while I take out books and binders.

Basically all my periods leading to lunch was nerve racking. I was freaking out, like all weekend, about Amanda. I just sat down at my lunch table, joking about some people.

"Danielle?" Zayn says, causing me to whip around. I smile and give him a kiss. "Wanna sit with us?" He nods over to his lunch table, Amanda there.

"Um... sure?" I slowly stand up. He takes my books and I take my tray. We walk across the cafeteria over to his crowded table.

Liam greets me with a hello first, then Niall, he was laughing at Harry and his face is bright red. Harry smiles quickly before looking away. Why is he being weird to me?

"Hey sweet pea." Amanda's voice rings through my ears as I take a seat by Zayn and Niall. I smile my biggest for her, no way am I going to show her I'm scared.

"So Danielle, can you please help me with the math home work? I really don't get it." Liam asks when I take a huge bite from my sandwich. I nod, cupping my hand over my mouth.

"Niall switch spots." I look at him. He shakes his his, causing lettuce to fly out of his mouth from his sandwhich. I scream and lean on Zayn, laughing really hard. Niall shakes his head further, and I continue to laugh and dodge his food. My eyes are tightly shut, and I'm laughing like a total dork. I couldn't care less right now.

After helping Liam a little, eating, and throwing food at Harry and Niall, lunch is finally over. I shake out my hair, then flip my head upright. Zayn grabbed my tray, and I walk with Niall out of the lunch room. But, as soon as the cold air whirls around me, Amanda's icy touch grabs my wrist. "Follow me."

She guides me to the girls' bathroom, and checks her self out before applying lip gloss.

"Okay, you really don't get it, huh? You had one fricken job. Fail, and stay away from my boyfriend."

"He's too good for you anyway. He's my friend. Plus, you can ruin my life, bitch." I corner her, my body trembling from anger and begging scared. She lifts up a French manicured nail and moves it side to side.

"Hun, big mistake." She shoves me, sending me flying to the cold ground I let out a whimper, as she takes out her phone. She shoves it in my face, reading 'sent to all comtacts'. She walks out and I feel powerless.. Venerable.

I see Zayn, Harry, Liam, and Niall in a group, on their phones like everyone else. "Dani-" Zayn tries to grab my arm but I shove past him. I stomp to the girls' bathroom inside by the classrooms. I lock myself in there and cry. I sit on the nasty floor, crying and pulling my hair out.

"Honey, open up." The sweet assistant principal pounds further on the door. I use my mirror in my purse to fix my make up and hair. "Please dear." She sighs angrily.

"Did you get her?!" Zayn's voice rings. She tells him no. "Baby please come out!" He shouts, in a nervous tone.

"I don't wanna do this..." I hear clicking noises in the doorknob. I scream and clutch the handle. She yanks and pulls and opens it eventually. So many faces are stairing at me, concerned.

"Before I get a pity party, I really had to pee and fix my make up. Its been twenty minutes. God, do you know privacy?!" I yell at them, putting my hands on my hips.

"Someone said you looked mad and-" "Obviously, my eyeliner smeared everywhere. Excuse me, I'm late, not that I care." I push past her and out the bathroom. Zayn and Harry are standing there. "Can I help you?" I groan.

"Tell me what's going on baby." Zayn places his hands on my shoulders. Harry has a sad and angry expression clear in his facial features.

"I have nothing to say right now. Please, come by my house later." I look at him before walking away.

"Danielle please talk to me!" Harry's clunking boot gives off he's following me.

"Not now please." I whisper once he's close to me. He nods, sighing.

"I broke up with her." He whispers back, sighing. "Good for you." I manage. He just nods, so I walk to my next class. Once inside, people whisper about me. I don't wanna cry, so I focus on that.

****

"Zayn please, I'm not weird like that anymore!" I yell when he enters my room.

"Calm down. I don't care. I love you, are you okay? Please tell me 'cause I'm confused." He hugs me. I explain as best I can, where she got the video and about the threat.

"She also said you're not telling me something. That you have a secrete." His body fences under me. I lift my head up from his chest and cock my head to the side.

"She's lying." He quickly says. His eyes are full of regret. I climb off him and sit next to him on my bed.

"Zayn, please don't lie. Tell me." I usher. He sighs, thinking before he talks.

"Well, Amanda was saying one day that it'll be funny to play a prank on you. Have one of us ask you out, then humiliate you. She picked me, after I repeatedly told her no. She used my own secrete against me, and I gave in. That's why I asked you out, because of Amanda. Our first date I was playing, but then I got to know you. See who you truly are. I fell in love, really. I love you so much Danielle." His eyes scan me, as my heart swells up and pops, like an overfilled balloon. I let out a whimper, and stand to my feet. I'm breathing really fast, trying to comprehend everything he just said.

He was playing me. He was lying.

"Go," I mumble. "Go! Get away from me you sick bastard!" I shove him away from me, towards the door. "Go!" Tears now stream down my face. His own eyes are on the verge of spilling. He tries to apologize and says he loves me. I keep shoving his, all the way to the front door. "Go. Get away from me!" I scream again. I push him out and lock the front door. I sink back, crying, sobbing, shattered. Everything I have loved, all one big fat Amanda lie.

✌✌please Vote, Comment, and Follow! xox✌✌

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 23 8
Amna and her best friend Mackenzie think their lives are going perfectly, until a special boyband come's to their school, and everyone is drooling ov...
19 0 14
Harry is new to school Louis and Zayn are bullies and they bully Niall and Liam but no one knows that 4 of the boys out of the 5 have a secret....
51K 386 49
Gabby is a junior high school student in Atlanta. She had a vacation in London with her family which lead her to knowing Harry and his 1 direction f...