Art is Fleeting, My Little Bo...

By AwesomelyNinjaness

What if Deidara had a little sister? What if he loved her like he loved his art? What if she was like her bro... More

Art is Fleeting, My Little Bomber, Un. (A Naruto fanfic!)
First day! Chapter 2
3 years later..... chapter 3
Team time!! Chapter 4
The Start of The Bell Test Chapter 5
The bell test.. is a teamwork test, chapter 6
The end of the bell test!! Chapter 7
Hospitals, Hair, and hissy fitting Uchiha's. chapter 8
old drunk men and clay mice chapter 9
Travelling to the wave country!! chapter 10
A Boat Ride, a Sob Story and a Demon of the Bloody Mist!! Chapter 11
The battle continues!! Chapter 12
It's the end. Chapter 13
The tree exercise! Chapter 14
Fights, forgiveness, friends, enemies, and answers. Chapter 15
Training complete!! Chapter 16
Battle's at the Bridge chapter 17
The ice Mirror's. Chapter 18
Bridge of Dreams. Chapter 19
Life is a bang. chapter 20
The Awakeing, Tombstones, and a Sobby Goodbye. Chapter 21
The Suna and Iwa Team. Chapter 22
The letter! Chapter 23
New and Old friends Chapter 24
The Challenge. Chapter 25
EMIKO ANSWERS!!!! (Not chappy, sorry!!)
The Rookie Ten Reunited. Chapter 26
The First Chuunin Exam. Chapter 27
The Next Exam. Chapter 28
The Forest of Death. Chapter 29
The Snake and The Snake Nin. Chapter 30
The Snake VS The Little Bomber. Chapter 31
Dreamstate, Flashback and a Letter. Chapter 32
The Curse Mark. Chapter 33
The Confusion Of The Little Bomber. Chapter 34.
Kabuto the Spy. Chapter 35
Boys, Letters and Preliminary Exam's. Chapter 36
The Battle Between Old Friends. Chapter 37
The First Friend. Chapter 38.
Training Month Starts Now. Chapter 39.
Art is Fleeting, Art is Eternal. Chapter 41
Boy Friend's past and Boyfriend's worries. Chapter 42.
Double the Reveal. Chapter 43
Decisions and Plans. Chapter 44
The Third Exam Starts. Chapter 45
The Revenge Obsessed Obitmaru. Chapter 46.

Letter's All Around. Chapter 40.

11.8K 440 251
By AwesomelyNinjaness

The dedication goes to… Duskpelt!!!

******************

Chapter 40

Third Pov.

As the training month started for the genin in the third exam, a bird was flying across a country, heading towards one of the bases for the organisation called the Akatsuki, a letter tied clenched tightly in his beak.

After a few days of non-stop flying, the bird by tracking down the memory of the chakra enforced in it but its creature had found its target, sitting in a tree outside of the base, angrily snapping down at one of the chakra’s that the bird noticed on its last fly to its target.

The bird swooped down and landed on its targets head, making the blonde haired target yelp in shock. The bird didn’t understand the reaction; after all it was a clay bird and didn’t have the ability to understand anything other than find its target. Oh the woes for being nothing but an amazing artistic clay bird.

The blonde, Deidara hands snapped up and grabbed the bird lightly, knowing exactly what and whose it was. Grinning like he just saw the best explosion ever. “Sasori no danna! My Little Bomber replied! Un.”

Sasori, who just ten seconds ago was arguing with the blonde bomber over art yet again when they were supposed to be training blinked once in surprise. He knew now that he had to wait before he could use one of the Akatsuki’s message hawk’s to message someone in his network, but more than just one of his spies, someone better.

Deidara jumped down from his tree, pulling the letter out of the bird’s beak. “Let’s head inside brat, the others are going to want to read this,” Deidara’s eye twitched at his partners words but agree nonetheless, knowing it was true.

It annoyed him how he couldn’t even read a letter from his sister without everyone else in this idiotic Organisation honing in on it. The letter is for him and him alone, from his blood relative not anyone else’s!

As he thought this, he and the puppet headed into the base, travelling down the hallways like it was second nature and it truly was; they knew this place nearly inside and out. Except for the few rooms they weren’t allowed entrance to, such as Hidan’s prayer room. Deidara hoped that Emiko didn’t practice Jashinism the same way Hidan did… she did say that she followed it but not the whole way, just believed in it and Deidara hopes that all she ever did, suppressing a shiver of the image of his sweet pyro sister covered in blood the same way Hidan gets like.

Sasori and Deidara entered a room that was like a living room, were most of the members gathered together at this time of day if they weren’t training or doing some of their hobbies. In the room right now were Itachi, Kisame, Kakuzu and Hidan. Hidan was sharpening his three bladed scythe, Kakazu was looking through the expenditure of the Akatsuki of this month, Kisame was having a mini discussion with Itachi as Itachi read.

“Everyone,” the men in the room all looked up when Sasori spoke. “The brat’s sister replied.”

Hidan and Kisame both grinned and looked at Deidara, making Deidara’s eye twitch. “Well, read it you cross-dresser!” Hidan shouted at the blonde bomber.

Deidara’s teeth clenched before shouting. “I’m not a cross-dresser! I’m a man, un!”

Hidan brushed him off and Kisame chuckled. “Ignore him, what did the kid say?”

Deidara sighed and looked at the letter in his hand before opening it. It was blank yet again, making Deidara chuckle. “Still being careful with the letter, Emi un,” He muttered as he made the explosion to make the letter’s words readable.

He set it off and when the smoke dispersed, the words were there. “Read it out loud,” Sasori spoke up and Deidara’s eye twitched but he didn’t say anything knowing that they would just read it anyway, weather he read it out loud or not.

“Dear Dei-dei and whoever else is reading this,

My E3 isn’t all I can make now, there is E2 and then another EB and one E art that I haven’t perfected… actually I’ve already made it once but it was on accident and I blanked out after I used it so I don’t know how exactly it works. Yes, I made the bird to follow you around, sort of. It just sticks with its target because all it knows is to find the chakra of its target basically. Did it really attack Itachi when it looked at it with his Sharingan? Hmm, I didn’t mean to make it do that… Maybe the bird knows the distaste you and I have for those damned eyes… I should ask Dark Duck, I mean Sasuke to look at it with his Sharingan, see if it attacks him or if it’s Itachi’s Sharingan specific.

Hahaha, really? I had an emotionless Uchiha twitch because I called them ‘damned eyes’ and that I’m going to punch him in the face? Hey ITACHI UCHIHA!! Damned eyes, damned eyes, damned eyes damned unartistic eyes with no appreciation for ART!! Un. I’m gonna punch you!! Hehehe, so glad no one can see me right now… I had the weirdest look on my face, sort of scary yet funny and I punched the air as I wrote… whoops. Kisame! My pout has gotten better, so you better believe it!! Sasori no danna, my brother and I are not brats, were artistic brats. Nah, we are not brats at all. Hidan, gambling is bad, people sometimes don’t react well to losing, and I don’t appreciate being used as a betting piece, Hidan’s partner, don’t be a sore loser, you’ll win some, you lose some, okay? Oh and there are people in the world that believe in Jashinism, why would there be books around about the religion if there wasn’t, hmm?’”

Kakazu twitched, making Hidan snicker. Itachi rubbed his face at Emiko’s words and Kisame was grinning ear to ear. Sasori was just emotionless, but was mentally sighed.

“’Now, your leader wants me to know that I could come to you if I wanted… that’s actually pretty cool. I would love to go back to your side but… not at this minute. There is so much happening right now in Konoha, you have no idea…  actually you might have an idea. You know about Orochimaru, pedo-snake, snake-bastard, artistic loser, I swear to jashin I hate this guy with a passion, can we kill him Dei-dei, please? Please, please, please!! Wait, you don’t know why I hate him, hmmm…

Okay, in all seriousness now. He attacked my team and I in the second exam of the chuunin exams,”’ Deidara stopped talking and looked up at the rest of the members. He was tense and he saw that most of the members were the same, even Itachi but Deidara didn’t know why.

Itachi’s thoughts went to Sasuke when he heard; Ororhimaru attacked Emiko’s team, meaning Sasuke… Itachi’s eyes narrowed a little.

Deidara looked back to the letter and continued to read.

“at first is my team and I were discussing a password in case someone pretended to be one of us (it happened about half an hour into the exam) when a gush of wind hit us, we were all knocked off of us our feet and sent into the forest, then a snake attacked me… I was almost snake food, yuk! I killed the snake, used my scope to find my team and flew on my clay bird to my team, Orochimaru was there and Naruto wasn’t. A whole lot of things happened, Orochimaru sent more snakes at Sasuke, Sakura and I. Naruto turned up, fought with Orochimaru, Sasuke froze in fear… but when Naruto and I saved his life, he grabbed onto me so I couldn’t help Naruto before Naruto was knocked out… then I fought with the snake… he was too strong for us, I was hoping my teammates would take the chance and run away, they didn’t… idiots. During the fight I figured out some things… Orochimaru was after Sasuke, his Sharingan that is. Orochimaru tried to separate my team and I, I think he wanted to off me and Naruto by a Snake eating us, seeing us as more of a threat maybe? I don’t know, maybe he assumed out of Sakura, Naruto and I that we were the ones that would cause him the most trouble… he wasn’t wrong in his assumption . I also found out… the Obitmaru three, Rin, Rikku and Yumi all wanted me dead because they thought I was the one that killed their parents because Rin ‘saw it’(when it was you!!) and they enlisted Orochimaru’s help with it but as we fought, he saw something that he liked, I think and didn’t kill me but instead he stole my clay pouch and threw it into the forest, losing it forever and broke my hand, before throwing me into a tree and I blanked out. Apparently Sasuke and Orochimaru fought and then Orochimaru gave Sasuke some mark… it hurts him whenever he uses his chakra. It has dark chakra in it and it changes Sasuke when it’s in use… he nearly killed a sound-nin as if he wasn’t in control, he was shaking when he came back to us and the mark retreated. It wasn’t Sasuke… it was like someone else entirely. It was actually kind of frightening.

Anyway, we finished the exam after that, your letter arrived and then we had to have a preliminary exam before the third exam, do you have any idea how hard it is to fight without my clay? I had to rely on my speed, pain tolerance, and my minimal ninjutsu other than my art, and I was went up against Rikku. Found out the reason why they thought it was me that killed their parents, one name is all that is needed for you to know Dei-dei, Yuuki,” Deidara chuckled darkly. Oh yes, Yuuki. Deidara knew right away what happened to make RIn think she saw Emiko kill. Yuuki’s jutsu is not something to take lightly. “I was lucky that before the exam even started, I had made a few clay explosions. And that I made an a few weeks beforehand EB, right, you don’t know what an EB is do you, yah? Well… it’s a double edged sword really. I set it on someone, activate it and then that said person’s whole body basically shuts down as their blood is slowed down almost to a complete stop, however… it sort of explodes my blood cells or something, I’m not too sure, the doctor said to me that some of my veins become damaged after using it on Rikku, I’d still be out of it if it wasn’t for my weird healing because of my born kinjutsu.

Oh!! That’s right; you wanted to know if there was anything else different about me because of the born kinjutsu. There’s nothing to be worried about Dei-dei. I’m fine; actually, I think it helps me more than anything. I heal faster, and I think that my chakra reserves now fill up quicker… I’ll explain some other time, and I’m not sure what else… ohhh, idea! Do you think Yuuki would be informed of what the tests was done on me as a kid?? If I could somehow corner her, capture her, I might be able to get the answers from her… gah, can’t. It would be considered an international incident from Konoha to Iwa, blah, the ramifications of being a village ninja. I guess I could say that the Iwa nin were and are (besides Rikku) out to kill me and say Yuuki tried but… it still would be considered an international incident. Great, damn it all to Jashin.

Okay, rant over. Wow, I’ve written a lot… this is over three pages long!! And I still have more to write… this really sucks; there is so much I want to tell you Dei-dei, you know that I miss you like crazy right? You’re my brother, the most important person to me… I’d do anything to help you and I know you’d do the same, I mean come on who could send their sister to a village that they didn’t know for her safety? Anyway, I’ve got to go, training time, whoop whoop, one month of intense training… okay, why do I feel as if I’m going to be super tired this whole month? Oh well, to get results in strength and being a ninja you have to work hard and never give up.

Well, I’ve got to go. Need to get new training weights (lost my last ones in the forest of death… I’ve lost a lot of things there because of that snake) then head to the training ground 8.

Miss you, love you lots and lots. Pass on a hello for me to the other members.

Love your Little Bomber, un!’” Deidara finished talking, looking at the paper intently. Orochimaru… was going to kill his sister? Because of those Iwa-nin…

“Your sister is a tough one, when up against Orochimaru, knowing who he was and lived,” Kisame spoke up and Deidara’s eyes snapped up to meet Kisame’s.

“I don’t care about that, she could have died. Protecting that team of hers, un!” Deidara exploded angrily, shaking in effort to stop himself from making a clay bird and flying all the way to Konoha to his sister and take her back with him.

A hand landed on the blondes shoulder, making Deidara glare at said person. It was Sasori. “Calm down brat, the little brat is fine. She’s more intelligent than her team or those Iwa-nin by the sounds of things, and that intelligences saved her life in the eyes of Orochimaru. She’s safe,” Sasori said in an emotionless tone.

“Sasori is correct,” Itachi spoke up. “Orochimaru values those with intelligences or a special Kekkei Genkai, your sister has both. If my foolish little brother did not have the Sharingan, there is no doubt that he would have been killed, anyone with a little intelligence would have seen what your sister was doing and run,” Deidara’s teeth clenched at Itachi’s words.

“Your sister gets into all type of fu*king trouble,” Hidan laughed and before Deidara could shove his hand into his clay pouch and make an explosive, the clay bird which was still on his shoulder, started to cough loudly, almost as if it was a cat with a hair ball. (AN, my cat did that a few days ago, it was sort of weird to see…)

Everyone’s eyes snapped up to it as the bird twitched  before it coughed up something, it fluttered to the ground, dry as the bird wasn’t a real bird and cannot produce saliva.

Deidara reached down and picked by the thing the bird coughed up. It was a folded piece of paper. He opened it up and his eyes widened. It was Emiko.

She has grown so much, it broke his heart a little to know that he missed so much, missed seeing her grow. The photo was of her and some boy, with blonde hair. Forehead protectors on their head. They looked related… hell, the boy could be Emiko’s and Deidara’s long lost brother. They were both smiling, arms around each other. In the back ground, there were the Hokage monuments.

He flipped the photo over to see if there was writing. ‘Naruto and Emiko, best friends finally ninja!! Look out world!! The Artist and the next Hokage are ready to go!!’. This was only a little while ago.

Deidara smiled a little, not noticing that Sasori, Kisame and Hidan were all behind him, looking at the photo. “The kid looks happy,” Kisame pointed and Deidara tensed. “And still just as cute as she was as a nine year old.”

“Hah fish for brains! If she’s fu*king like the cross-dresser then you better not say that, no bloody ninja wants to be called fu*king cute. If you fu*king do, she might blow you up!” Hidan laughed, Deidara’s eye twitched at the comment but didn’t say a thing. It was sort of true, not the cross-dresser comment, but everything else was.

“Come, Deidara. We need to go show leader this, he would want to know about Orochimaru,” Sasori informed his partner, a slight distaste in his tone from the mention of his pervious partner. Sasori knew out of Deidara and Orochimaru being partners with Deidara was better than Orochimaru, at least Deidara understood his love for art, Orochimaru mocked Sasori for it.

Deidara nodded his head and together the two artists headed to the Leader’s office, leaving behind the other members in the lounge room.

The two were quiet as they made their way through the halls, Deidara’s eyes kept darting to look at the photo of his sister. He folded the photo into half, showing only Emiko.

When they reached the room, Sasori knocked on the door. “Come in,” Leader called out. They both entered.

Pain was sitting behind a desk, paperwork in front of him and Konan was by his side. They were looking at Sasori and Deidara as they entered the office. The first thing they noticed was the clay bird on Deidara’s shoulder.

Konan smiled a little. “Emiko replied,” She stated. Even though Deidara tried not to show it, she knew when they found out that Orochimaru was in Konoha, he was worried that Emiko could be killed.

Deidara and Sasori nodded, Pain put his hand out and Deidara begrudgingly handed him the letter, knowing that it was no use to try and keep the letter away from Pain. He was too strong to disobey.

Pain’s and Konan’s eyes flickered back and forth over the letter, taking in every word of the letter. Pain’s eyes narrowed a few times and in Konan’s mind, she was a little bit worried over the young girl, she is 12 and nearly killed protecting her friends. Konan could relate, but it was her friend that was killed for her, not the other way around.

Pain looked up at Deidara and Sasori, the bird on Deidara’s shoulder looked at the man carefully as well, the bird is able to sense chakra in a way, almost see it and the bird knew that this man had power.

“It seems as if Orochimaru is interested in your sister if he kept her alive, Deidara,” Deidara tensed at the words, already knowing this. “If she is to join us one day, we need to prevent her from getting into enemy hands such as Orochimaru. She seems as if she wants to join but at this point in time, we do not know the full extent of her abilities. She seems confident in her Kekkei Genkai, but her other skills are lacking.”

“I know, un. But she said she’s going to be working on them this month, hmmm,” Deidara stressed to the leader. Even though he didn’t want Emiko to be involved in this organisation, he wanted his sister by his side. He almost lost her for good multiple times from what the letters have said and he wouldn’t have ever known because he was so far away.

Pain’s eyes narrowed a little and looked at the bird on Deidara’s arm. “Bird, come,” He motioned his hand towards the bird. The bird looked at Deidara, making Deidara smirk on the inside. It seems like the bird is looking for him for orders.

Deidara nodded and the bird swooped down towards the leader of the Akatsuki. Pain with his purple ringed eyes looked at the bird carefully, taking in every aspect about the bird. He rested a hand on the bird and the bird cocked its head to the side.

“Do you understand us? Did Emiko make you able to understand words?” Pain questioned and the bird didn’t move a bit. The bird was confused; he didn’t understand this powerful man. Pain flared his chakra, making the bird jump a little. Pain nodded once. “So the bird senses chakra, interesting. A creature that can be made senses chakra. Can your sister do this?” Deidara shook his head, as Pain removed his hand from the bird.

“She’s never been chakra sensitive, she’s been perceptive and knows when she’s being watched for the most part but that is it, un,” Deidara retorted, sounding a bit defensive.

Pain nodded once and looked at the bird again. “So she knows how to make a clay bird that senses chakra yet she doesn’t know how, interesting,” Pain trailed off and then his head snapped up to meet Sasori’s eyes. “Am I right in assuming you were going to be sending a letter later today?”

Sasori internally tensed, wondering what this leader of his is intending. But on the outside, he was his normal detected self, but not to a lazy standard. “Yes, you are correct.”

“Good, say that there is a mission that needs to be done. I’ll write out a mission scroll to be sent along with the letter,” Sasori’s eyes widened a little, not enough to be noticed, but enough.

Deidara was completely tense, also knowing what his leader was going on about. He was going to voice what he was thinking, but he was cut off as the door was slammed open.

“Senpai!!” Deidara oofed as someone collided with his body. His head snapped back to glare at the person who had hugged him from behind.

“Damn it Tobi! Let me go, un!” Deidara shouted, he would be snaking his fist if the lollipop ninja if the lollipop ninja didn’t have his arms wrapped around Deidara’s arms holding them to his side.

Tobi let go of his Senpai and looked over at Pain. He noticed the bird and underneath the mask, ‘Tobi’s’ eye narrowed on it. He knew that Emiko has been on contact with Deidara these past few weeks; he would be lying if he said it didn’t surprise him that a little genin, related to Deidara could somehow track them down. If Emiko so wanted she could set the bird to find Deidara and follow the bird.

“Ooo! Pretty birdy!” Tobi shot forward towards the bird and pet it. The bird looked up at the masked ninja, it was confused of how this ninja was acting, it could sense a powerful amount of chakra coming off of him but it was... played down a little, hidden behind a playful aura. “It’s clay like Deidara-senpai’s art!”

Deidara smirked a little. Tobi never said that Sasori’s art was art, only his and even though it came from the most annoying person in Deidara’s world, it is one up on Sasori.

“Sasori, Deidara, Tobi, leave. I’ve got a mission scroll to write out, Deidara and Sasori, you need to write your letters, go,” everyone nodded at the order from the leader. Well, Tobi bobbed his head ten times before skipping out. The two Artists just walked out.

As they were walking (skipping) Sasori looked over at Tobi and said. “Tobi, I understand that you do not understand art, but Deidara’s art is not art, it is a mockery to art to be even classified as art,” Deidara’s eye twitched and glared at Sasori. (AN How many times did Sasori just say art??)

“Oi! That’s not true, un! Art is fleeting and explosive, not eternal like your dumb puppets, yah!” Deidara snapped at his partner, getting a glare from the puppet.

And that was all it took for the two to go into a rant about what’s art and what isn’t. Sasori ranted about eternal art was beauty in perfection and Deidara snapped when Sasori talked down about his art, saying that Deidara’s art was the only true art.

Tobi just watched the two arguing, on the outside he looked as if he was acting as if he was confused but on the inside, he was smirking a little. Oh, this is going to be fun.

“Deidara-senpai! Sasori! But isn’t your art how you express yourselves?” the two artist shut up and looked at the masked ninja. “Tobi thinks that you both wrong and that Art is Expression!!”

The two artists looked at each other, both with the identical looks of annoyance and anger. Before their heads snapped towards Tobi in a glare, both of their hands going towards their respective weapons, Sasori his scrolls storing his puppets and Deidara to his clay strapped to his side, his hand mouths munching on some clay right away.

Tobi, noticing the killing intent coming off of the two artists, squealed like a girl and ran off, the two Artists giving into the chase. Oh poor Tobi, it’s a good thing that he can become intangible (AN that’s the right one isn’t it?? it’s not tangible is it??) , or his would be nothing but artist meat… or turned into a puppet. Either way, he would have been no more.

No one ever tells both artists that their art is wrong, only each other can say that about the other. Because even though they both don’t think the other is right, they respect their artistic views after all. The two both have the Artistic Eye!!

***********************

Mwhahaha, there it is!! chappy 40. I can’t believe I’m up to chapter 40 now; it’s sort of scary thought. Don’t you guys agree??

Alright, the letter from Emiko arrived. It was long, I know. But I know Emiko would tell Deidara about Orochimaru when she found out that they knew, and Deidara does deserve to know about the Iwa nin, she could be killed and Deidara deserve to know that.

Oh My Jashin!! Tobi has finally entered my story, what did you guys think of his enterence, Tobi enough for you?? Hahaha.

Anyhow, it’s nearly Christmas. So I am sorry if I only upload once before then, I’m going to have family over (that’s 11 people living in one house, one is a toddler and another is a baby!! So cute!!) I’ll try to upload next week sometime, but no promises.

Okay, so Question Time!!

I am literally running out of questions to ask!! Hmm, oh!! Okay, not sure if I’ve asked this before, but if you had a Kekkei Genkai, what would it be?? (PS, have I been spelling kekkei Genkai like Kenkei Genkai before?? sorry if I did!!)

Anyway, you all know the drill!! Vote, for the art, Follow, for the explosive art, and Comment, for the fleeting, Explosive art!!

Bye for now, My Little Bombers!!!! ^_^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

187K 5.9K 66
An experiment subject. That's all Yoru's life was defined as until she escaped Orochimaru's lethal experiments. Her lust for blood along with an acci...
151K 3.8K 63
This story follows Akari Namikaze (daughter of Minato and Kushina / Naruto's sister) through the third shinobi war and the many trials that follow...
25K 626 16
Sakura get's kidnapped by the Akatsuki because they need a medic ninja. Little did she know Sasuke was in the Akatsuki now. She thought she was over...
9.6K 546 36
She was mute, because of the man who killed her mother, father, and siblings, hell her entire village. She didn't have any friends because there were...