What Lies Ahead [Mako Mermaid...

By TheyCallMeSpeedy

Rey, Lucy and Ella were the three best pranksters in all of California only because they has a huge secret; t... More

Characters
BEFORE THE STORM
DAY 1
NIGHT 1 & DAY 2
DAY AND NIGHT 3
DAY AND NIGHT 4
Day 5
Day 6
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
Day 11 (& A HUGE A/N)
Day 12
Day Thirteen
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
Day 21
Day 22
Day 24
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30
After The Storm

Day 25

368 11 3
By TheyCallMeSpeedy

Lucy's POV

After yesterday's interesting encounter at iHop and Mea, the girls decided as a prank we would challenge the boys to a Karaoke Dokie battle. We had a routine and everything. All that was left was our competition.

I woke up around 10 after having listened to our song last night on repeat an I'm pretty sure I know all the words. I put on a pair of slippers an started to hum the tune as I walked downstairs.

I made myself a bowl of cereal and sat down with my headphones plugged in to my laptop. I opened youtube and pulled up the lyrics.

"BOO!" The boys screamed as I started to sing.

As an instinct I flipped around and punched the nearest guy's gut, which was Lukes. Whoopsies?

"Oh my god Lukie I'm so so sorry. Are you okay hun?" I took off my headphones.

"Yeah. Remind me never to scare you be cause you swing. hard." He said making me laugh.

"Proves you right." the girls interrupted walking down the stairs.

"Now we are going to propose a.., challenge." Rey said as I joined them.

"Karaoke Dokie. Eight tonight. If we win, you have to wait on us for the entire day tomorrow. If we loose, you guys get to pick our punishment." Ella said.

They huddled in a circle to talk it over, and finally disbursed back into a straight line.

"If you loose we get to dump you each with 10 gallons of water,"

"That's a lot of agua guys" Tia said.

We nodded. The deal was set.

Once we all went back to doing separate things, for me sleeping, we met up downstairs for lunch.

Though it was not what I planned to see, was Max, Luke, Jacob and Kyle dressed up all fancy waiting for us holding picnic baskets.

"Oh my god Luke! A picnic?" I said in shock

"Only the best for the best" he replied as I hugged him really hard.

"Gut!" he reminded me as I backed away.

"I'm so sorry about that. And earlier."

"It's fine. Now thy bikes await!" He said as we ran off to the two person bike waiting in the front,

We peddled off to a grassy hill a few blocks away and set up the perfect picnic.

"So is it true about you guys moving as soon as the prank war is done or are you pulling our legs? come on you can tell me the truth" Luke asked

"Nope it's true"

"Oh..."

"But don't be sad. I'll come and visit."

"You better" we laughed

"So about tonight... I was wondering after Karaoke Dokie we could go grab a mint chip froyo friday?" Luke asked me holding my hand.

"That actually sounds awesome."

"Cool! Tia's cousin's nan owns a café up in maywood glen so its not that far. Only 5 minutes to drive. They're froyo is amazing!"

"Sounds perfect."

I checked my watch. It was 2:47. I best be heading out to Mea.

"Listen I have to go... like right now. I'll catch you later!" I stood up

"No don't leave. At least let me walk you"

"Um really you don't need to. Do me a favour and turn around and close your eyes. Count to thirty then turn back around and open them."

"Why?"

"Just do it. For me Lukie Pookie."

"Fine."

He did it and I used my powers to clean up everything quickly. I levitated the food scraps to the garbage and everything else back into the picnic basket. I used my powers to fold the blanket then place it safely on top. I took out my phone, texted him a message then put it in a waterproof sac. I smiled at how cute he looked but ran towards the beach.

I jumped in the water and swam out far enough so he could only see my head.

Once his thirty seconds were up he found everything packaged. He then read his phone. It was the message I had texted him.

Hey turn around, had to go but you looked so cute waiting for me. xoxo -Luce

He turned around and I waved at him. He waved back and then turned to put his phone in his basket. When he wasn't looking, I cloaked myself so be couldn't find when he went looking.

I swam quickly out to Mea hoping I didn't miss anything important. Too late. I did.

As I approached the rock bench, the girls were already dry and discussing what to wewee

"What'd I miss?" I asked pulling myself up.

"Oh just the song choice, how to ensure we win, and now clothing." Tia informed me.

"Okay so fill me in."

"Well were going to split the song 'Give it up', hair in high Ariana Grande Style ponytails and black skirts with boots and of course a matching black long sleeve top."

"Ooh how cute. Different coloured boots and black tights would actually look so cute."

"Yessss!" Rey screamed.

"Okay so lets learn the words." Ella passed the sheet she had previously highlighted

We sang the song a few times then worked on some easy choreography courtesy of of course me!

We finished at around 6 so we agreed to go early and grab a bite of supper.

I texted our large group chat called "The Prank War... dun dun dun" saying that were going early for supper and not to join us on any circumstances.

We swam off towards the house to change then drove to Los Feilz, me of course taking Rey's motorcycle.

We got there around the same time then walked in. We looked pretty great considering out coordination. We ordered some nachos, buffalo wings and fries and pizza.

We had taken long enough to eat since our food was a long wait but it actually worked out. We planed out our choreography and how the boys were going to loose. We had perfected the voice altering spell from the spell book by testing it on Rey before we left. It was easy enough to control when it started and when it stopped so we knew if we left one of the boys and each grabbed a target, they would sound ridiculous. after all the audience decides.

They arrived practically at 8 as the mc came on.

"Alright ladies and gentlemen! If you are here for our weekend karaoke competition and plan on competing come sign up. We begin as soon as we get two names! Alright!"

Rey and Max both rushed over to be the first on the list but of course Rey was fastest. Our names were all put down and we were ready to go. All we had to do was wait for the line of people to end. Lots of people here tonight.

We started it off and I have to say doing it with "Give It Up" as our song choice was actually really great. On the other hand, the boys chose to sing the song "break free" by Ariana Grande which made us die laughing. We also totally screwed with their voices so it sounded really, really bad! (of course making us laugh even more)

By then end of the night, a few of the groups and solos had performed but not any other large groups.

The MC had finally announce for the groups to stand up so we could judge and by no surprise we ended up getting the most applause.

We accepted their trophy and got a cute picture.

"Froyo Friday at Café Attoms señor?" I asked running up to Luke's and jumping on his back.

"Sí señorita. I'll catch you guys later!" He said making me get off of him.

We said our goodbyes then walked outside to Rey's motorcycle.

"I call the pink goofy one!" I screamed in excitement.

"Okay but I'm driving."

"Good because we'd probably both be dead if I did." we laughed.

We got there in 10 minutes due to a whole lot of traffic in the area. We walked in holding hands to be greeted by a girl with red hair similar to cat's and a robot.

"Hi welcome to Café Attoms! Today's special is Mint Chip Froyo" she said as the robot each handed us a cup.

We walked over to the machine to be greeted by two more girls. One with bright red hair and one with brown curly hair.

"Hi! You must be new here. I'm Bry this is Ember! The mint chip froyo is absolutely delicious. Adri actually made it herself with her abuela. I love it." The brown haired girl rambled. We both laughed and moved onto the toppings.

"Welcome! Enjoy as many toppings as you would like." another brown haired girl said.

We finally went to pay for it when we met Tia's cousin Adri for the first time.

"Ah! Welcome to Café Attoms! Is this all?" She asked

"Yeah. Are you Adrienne? Adrienne Attoms?" I asked

"Sí! Why?"

"Oh you know my room mate Tia. Well Attina actually"

"You know Tia! Oh my god I haven't seen her since I opened the café! How is she?" Adrienne asked

"Perfect. You really should drop by because we're leaving in five days. And how much?"

"Perdonamé. It's eleven twenty but she never told me anything about moving."

"Yeah we're going to live with my aunt in Australia." I said handing her cash for the froyo.

"We must see each other before she leaves. Where do you live?"

"I can text you our address"

"That would be bueno. Gracias!" she said handing me a piece of paper.

Luke and I grabbed a table and talked about basically everything. Then finally the topic I had wanted to avoid came up.

"Uh I seen you in the water earlier waving to me but when I went down to see you, you were gone. Where'd you go?" He asked me

"Uhhh... you actually were hallucinating because of the heat. " I lied

"Are you sure?"

"Yep. I was behind you when you fainted but I had to leave as soon as you woke up. that's why you don't remember much."

"Then I guess I was hallucinating seeing an orange fish tail."

My eyes practically popped out of my head. He seen my tail. I hadn't gone under completely before uncloaking.

I just decided to eat my froyo and nod. He didn't push the subject any more but I could see the suspicion in his eyes.

We drove home in complete silence and didn't talk once when we got through the door. I knew he never bought my lie for a second.

He walked into his room where the other boys were so I cloaked and hid outside the door and listened through a glass.

"Guys. I think Lucy is a mermaid..." He confessed. The entire room fell silent and I dropped the glass and ran. I didn't know where I just knew it was out of that house.

Hey my fishies! I have (a lot of) very exciting news regarding many topics. First, I am going to be writing a new fanfic about Bella from H2o Girls but it will be a collab with my bestie @fishwifi. I absolutely cannot wait for you all to read it because I'm telling you it will be amazing! Stay tuned for updates! Secondly, there will be a sequel for this book and I'm super excited! I've already started planning whoops! Thirdly, I can't believe there are 5 more days and a conclusion to go until its done. Omg that's so scary! And finally, I've gotten a new guilty pleasure of watching project mc2 as I watched all of season 3 the night it was released on Netflix instead of sleeping. It was so good and the ending made me want to do a new fanfic on season four so imma give it a go! It will be published soon so please follow for updates soon to come. Realizing I'm babbling so I'm gonna leave it at that! Xx -Ingrid Adeline, going offline

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 13 24
One day after school. Jules, elliana and Sophia decided to go exploring. They end up on an island across the coast. Where they discover a moon pool...
6.5K 146 13
Things have changed since the recent Full Moon. On top of Zac discovering he is a real merman, and the mermaids being banished from their pod, Manoa...
14.2K 462 21
He killed her kind but he would never let anyone harm her Jacob Holland x Siren!OC "The Sea Beast" fanfiction
3.1K 241 52
You're swimming in the ocean with your friends at the beach. You see a glint in the rough waters, and two people drag you underwater. The world fade...