Of Beauties And Beasts

By gingerbread250

Highest Rating: #1 in Historical Fiction. Currently #1 under Historical Romance Lady Ginny Sherman is force... More

Authors Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Epilogue- Rosamaria Pt. 1
Epilogue-Rosamaria Pt 2
Epilogue- Rosamaria Pt. 3
2M Reads?!?!

Chapter Sixteen

92.1K 3.7K 215
By gingerbread250

Ginny woke up, blinking against the harsh sunlight coming into the room.  She snuggled down further into the warm blankets.  That's when she realized how heavy they were.  She reached her hand down and felt an offending appendage in the way.  She turned around and spotted Stephen, who was sleeping soundly with her tucked into his side.  His arm was wrapped around her, pulling her to him. Ginny blushed harshly at that thought.  She was in his bed...in his room...sleeping here...What had she been thinking?! 

Stephen moved slightly in his sleep, but he didn't wake up.  Ginny reached out and gently brushed back a piece of his hair.  Stephen stirred, his eyes opening.  They studied each other for a long moment.  It seemed to take Stephen a while to fully wake up and figure out where they were.  His eyes grew slightly wide, "Ginny, I'm sorry. I must have fallen asleep and-"

"No harm done." she mumbled awkwardly, shrugging.  Ginny shifted slightly underneath the warm covers.  She actually enjoyed lying here next to her husband in the early hours of the morning. "We should get up."

"Yes, we should." he agreed.

Neither of them moved.  Ginny rubbed her eyes and sighed, "I haven't slept so well in a long time."

Stephen finally made a move to get up, "I'm glad you feel refreshed."

Ginny slowly slid out of bed.  Stephen slipped off his night shirt, leaving him bare chested for a moment making her blush again, before putting on his day shirt.  He glanced at her, "I have to go into town today.  I have some business to take care of.  You can join me if you wish."

"That is all right. I will stay here." Ginny opened the bedroom door.

"You're sure?"

"Yes. I have Kitty. I won't be alone in the house." Ginny smiled.

..................................................

Ginny glanced at the clock on the mantle again.  She was beginning to get worried.  Stephen had been gone for at least five hours.  Kitty had left a few moments ago to get the groceries for the week, so she had the house to herself.

She anxiously flipped the page of her book, though she wasn't reading any of the words.  She tapped her foot.  What was taking him so long?  What could he possibly be doing?

Ginny got up and paced the room.  She finally gave up on reading and close her book.  Maybe she just need a nice hot cup tea to calm her nervous.  Yes.  That would most definitely help.  Ginny made her way to the kitchen to prepare a cup.  She got out the kettle and began to boil the water.  That was when Ginny first noticed the dark figure standing in the corner.

She spun around, screaming.  The man stepped forward, holding up a rag.  He covered her face and held her there.  Ginny thrashed and kicked, but she slowly began to grow sleepy and tired.  What had come over her?  She tried to shake off the fog clouding her mind.  The last thing she saw before her vision grew black was a bag going over her head.

......................................................

"I want to speak with Deliah." Stephen demanded of the woman standing at the front desk.

She had bright red curls and heavy rouge.  She leaned forward, smiling seductively, "Are you sure what you want isn't to spend a few hours with me?  I can make it worth your time."

"I want to speak with Deliah." he repeated.

She woman trailed her fingers down his shirt, "I'm good in bed.  You should forget about Deliah and come with me."

Stephen grabbed her hand and pulled her closer, growling in her ear, "I didn't come here to sleep with anyone.  And if you lay a hand on me one more time I can promise you'll regret it. Understood?"

The girl nodded, fear evident in her eyes. "Deliah is right this way, sir."

She lead him to the back of the building, past all of the other women eyeing him seductively.  He kept his eyes focused ahead of him.  He stepped into Deliah's office and crossed his arms. Deliah looked up from the papers she had been examining and smiled, "Stephen!  My dear boy, I haven't seen you in a long time-"

"I'm not here for small talk, Deliah.  I'm here for business." he said stiffly.

"Have a seat." she offered.  She looked at the red head girl still standing by the door.  She waved her off. "You may go now, Ruth."

Ruth nodded and hurriedly left, slamming the door shut behind her.  Stephen turned to Deliah, "I need you to let Rosamaria leave here.  Rosamaria Sherman."

"Why should I?  She gets the most clients." Deliah squinted her eyes. Stephen pulled out a wad of cash and laid it on the desk.  Deliah eyed it hungrily.  She shook her head. "The girl will still make more than that for me."

He laid out another wad of cash. "This should be plenty."

"I still think I will get more from her work."

"Don't push it, Deliah.  You know she will die before you ever make this amount.  Take it or leave it." Stephen said.

He could see her struggling, but he knew she would take it.  She would be stupid not to.  Deliah grumbled and grabbed the cash, "Fine, take the girl then.  I have no use of her.  I can find others.  She's in the first room by the stairwell."

Stephen hurried from the room and climbed the stairs two at a time.  He slammed open the door to the first room.  He found Rosamaria trying to seduce a man that wasn't much older than himself.  The sight made Stephen sick.  He couldn't believe she had been here doing this.  Rosamaria spun around and gasped.  The man she was kissing came over, wobbling and shaking ft om drinking.  He could smell the liquor on the man's breath.

"Hey!  What's this all about?!  I paid good money for this girl!" He complained, shaking his fist.

"She's coming with me." Stephen grabbed Rosamaria's arm and yanked her away from the man.

The man tried to chase after them, but he ended up collapsing near the door.  Rosamaria yanked at her arm in protest, "Stop!  You can't just take me from here!"

Stephen ignored her and continued to drag her from the building.  Rosamaria shrieked in protest the entire way.  Stephen growled, "Hush!  I don't want to hear another word from you!"

"You foul man! Let go of me!" she kicked at his legs.

"I saved you from that place!  Why would you want to go back?!" he demanded.

"Why would you want to save me from it?!" she shot back.

"I'm doing this for Ginny's sake!"

"Ohhh it's always about Ginny! I should've known." Rosamaria clenched her teeth in anger.

"Ginny has done nothing but been good to you!  Why do you hate her so much?" Stephen ran his fingers through his hair, exasperated.

"Why, you ask?! Mother and father always showered her with attention!  They never cared about me!" Rosamaria cried.  She slumped slightly, sobbing.  She wiped her eyes. "They never cared...she never cared...I've lost everything!"

"Only because you keep pushing them away." Stephen explained.

Rosamaria covered her face, her shoulders shaking, "I hate her!  I hate all of you!"

"I don't care.  I paid good money to get you out of there.  You should be somewhat grateful!" Stephen said angrily, pulling her along. "You can stay at our house for a day, but then you're going to get a real job and leave."

Rosamaria didn't answer him.  He figured she was too angry to reply.  She definitely hated the idea of any sort of responsibility.  Stephen ignored her pouting and called for a coach.  He pushed her inside and climbed in after her.  He leaned out the window and called to the driver. "32 Lemonbridge  Street, good sir."

...................................................

"Ginny? Where are you?" Stephen called out, peering around the empty house.

That was odd.  She didn't normally leave on her own.  Rosamaria sat on the couch, staring at her hands with red puffy eyes.  She scowled, "I didn't want to see her anyways."

Stephen glared at her.  He then noticed the kettle was whistling in the kitchen.  He opened the door and peeked inside, "Ginny?"

He removed the kettle from the stove and looked around.  That's when he spotted the note on the table.

Come get your little sweetheart if you want her back.

-Lady E.

Stephen crumpled up the note and growled.  He pounded the table with his fist.  They had taken her?!  He shouldn't have even left her side. 

"M'lord?!" He heard a frantic voice call out. Kitty came racing down the stairs. She stumbled into the kitchen, "Thank the lord yer back!"

He clutched her arms, "Miss Kitty, where's Ginny?!"

Kitty was shaking fiercely, clearly as frightened as he was, "No, m'lord. Oi went ta git some groceries. Lady Knightly told me it would be alright if I did. Oi came back a few moments ago an' she was gone!"

Stephen showed her the note, "You ever see anyone suspicious leaving here?"

Kitty gasped at the letter, her face growing white. She shook her head, "No m'lord."

"I'm going to find her. I want you to have Alfred and Cook lock up all the doors and windows."

"They ain't 'ere. They went ta check on yer country house." Kitty explained

"Then you must stay and keep watch in case she returns." Stephen said.

"No, Oi'm coming with ye." Kitty grabbed her shawl.

Stephen grabbed her arm to stop her, "Miss Kitty, I know you're as worried as I am over Ginny, but I need you to stay here. That's a direct order and I won't have you disobeying me." Stephen said.

"Oi'm sorry m'lord but Oi won't leave Ginny in the clutches of this witch. Ye can't stop me from comin'." Kitty said, determined.

Stephen sighed, knowing by the look in her eyes there would be no compromising with this brave young maid, "Very well. But keep out of the way if anything happens. I don't need to have a lost maid as well."

"Of course m'lord." Kitty said following him as he hurried back to the drawing room and put on his coat and hat.

Rosamaria leaned against the couch, frowning at him, "Leaving so soon?"

"Ginny's gone."

"So?"

"She was kidnapped." he shoved the note into his pocket. He pointed his finger at Rosamaria. "Don't even try to leave because I will only come and drag you back here. Besides, Deliah won't let you back in the brothel so don't attempt it."

Rosamaria rolled her eyes but she remained silently sitting there on the sofa.  Satisfied with that, Stephen left the house in search of Ginny with Kitty trailing faithfully after him.

.....................................................

"I swear I didn't know!" Ginny cried.

Lady Emily slapped her across the face again, "You knew. I know that you did.  You knew about me and you wanted his riches all for yourself!"

"I don't even know who you are!" Ginny shouted, her cheek now stinging.

"Say what you want, precious one, but I won't listen to your pretty little lies," Lady Emily whispered in her ear.

"What did Stephen ever do to you?! What did I ever do to you?!"

"He humiliated me!  He left me at the altar!" she growled. "And then you had the gall to marry him to take him away from me!"

"That's a lame reason for revenge."

Lady Emily stared daggers at her.  She grabbed Ginny's chin and forced her to look up.  She smiled cruelly. "You don't know, do you?  He never told you.  He's too afraid."

"What are you talking about?"

Lady Emily studied her face, smiling cruelly, "No, I don't think I will tell you.  I'll let Stephen deal with that part."

"So...you plan to let me live?"

"I wouldn't say that.  All things in good time." Lady Emily explained.  She waved to her men. "Leave her for tonight.  But she doesn't get anything to eat, do you hear me?"

The men filed out.  The last one shut the door, locking Ginny away in the darkness of the foreign room.  She shivered against the cold crawling up her skin.  Tears slipped from her eyes.  She was terrified of what would happen to her.  She hoped Stephen would come quickly and get her out of this horrid place.

Copyright © 2016 by Rosanna Parker

All Rights Reserved

Another long chapter for all of you excited wattpadders out there! I've finally got this story rolling so its becoming easier to write long chapters. Please remember to vote and comment and support my story if you're enjoying it! :)

-Rosanna

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

310K 24.3K 44
One mistake at work lands Maya Knight paying off a debt in the hands of a troubled, wealthy, and undeniably attractive man. But the real debt, she so...
320K 18.4K 58
Two stubborn people. One secret. An unwanted union. And God who put them together. When Jack and Perli marry, there's no doubt that at least one of t...
2.1M 109K 37
[COMPLETE] Drake Rohan's wife is a real piece of work. He despises everything about her. Everything from the heavily-powdered face, to the overly-red...
100K 4.6K 32
"All I wanted was your respect, Prem." "All I wanted was your love, Abhi." "All I wanted was your care, Rahul." "But I got not even a bit of it." The...