Beyond the Doubts

By DiaTheLit

My works #14 //. Set in Los Angeles of the early 2000's, Adonte Jackson - an average junior high schooler is... More

c o p y r i g h t s
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o

s i x

7.3K 587 189
By DiaTheLit

Lookin' Boy
____
6

"Aren't you working a shift today? " Vivian asked Adonte as he pulled his bookbag on his shoulders. He grabbed his safety pads and shook his head in disagreement.

"No, I took off. I don't have training either, I'm going to a. . friend house for tutoring. " He responds to her and walked towards the screen door.

"I'm going on down there. I think we should get some more young folk hired." Leroy butted in, pulling his arms through an old jean jacket and grabbed the keys to his old car. "Need a ride? "

Quickly, Adonte soon his head no and lifted his safety gear indicating he was talking his skateboard. Vivi nodded, placing a hand on her hip. "Well. . be careful then Don. Be back before the street lights come on. And yes, we'll talk about that later Roy."

Both males agreed with an okay and Adonte pushed the screen door open, stepping out and grabbed his skateboard that was propped up against the bricked house.

"J.T you're losing as shit, boy. Yeah, Kain and I got head but Don has got some twice. This nigga is in the lead and don't even know it. His ass turning down ass." Marcus stated as they stood in a huddle, their eyes wandering the street slightly as J.T shook her head.

Adonte had just noticed them standing at the end of his driveway and jogged over to them. "What's up? What y'all talking about?"

Marcus turned towards him and squinted to block the sunlight's rays. "You and your slanging ass dick. Getting head, turning ass opposite of up and in the lead."

"Because he's too focused on Isla. Someone he has no chance of getting." Kain spoke up, leaning against the rails of his cruiser bike and shook his head.

"Nigga why did you turn Paris down? Hell is your problem?"

"Listen yeah, I'm in the bet too and $100 will be good in my pockets but I'm not trying to slid into just anything. Fuck Paris? Liberty? Or who, Nola? Hell no!" Adonte fussed, adding hand gestures as they stared at him. "Its a stretch but I'd rather try to get with Isla than fuck them any day." DD shrugged and let his skateboard fall to the ground as he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah but hello! You did get head from little miss France without rubber so if it's an STD you're trying to avoid, you're going to need to do a little better." Marcus smartly reminded and looked off down the street. "That's the only French thing he passed in." They all erupted into laughter.

Adonte was over the conversation at the moment but he did think back on that night and the protection he lacked. He shook his head and nodded. "You're right, I need to go down to. . the store for that. But since y'all aren't getting any play, I'll just tell you it was good. She's gotta stretchy throat, y'all should try it. " Don surprisingly teased and patted Kain against his arm with a smile.

Don rolled his skateboard out to the street as Kain scoffed, Marcus frowned and J.T looked off in the distance. "I'll talk to you guys later. Going by Isla house. " Not waiting for their responses or reactions, he pushed his left foot behind him as his right one was planted on top of his skateboard.

DD trailed down the street towards the direction of Issy house as she had told him meanwhile his group of friends stood in the same place. "That nigga lucky." Kain mumbled and J.T pushed his shoulder.

"Don't be jealous shrimpy."

"Man, shut up. " He spat, pushing her head to the side as she laughed and they started to ride their bikes down the road-getting out of the way of Leroy once they heard him crank his car.

"J.T you have no room to talk, lack-of-dick." Marcus joked back causing her to smack her lips. "We've gotta get something going and quick."

- · -

Finally, Adonte hopped off his skateboard once arriving at the house and looked up at it, admiring the bricked residence. He stepped on the back of his skateboard, bringing the end of it up to his hand and grabbed it as he started walking up to the house along the petaled rock trail.

Don unsnapped his helmet and propped the board close to the door as he pressed the doorbell. He didn't have to wait long which surprised him. It was loud chatter going on behind the door as a few locks sounded.

"Girl, it's going to be epic. I honestly can't wait for college. " Adonte widened his eyes to a small degree as Rhonda came into view looking back at Isla. Finally she looked forward and he stepped to the side so she could be able to leave.

"Me too. Hey Don." Isla stated perkily and that's when Adonte's male tendencies kicked in and he noticed they both were dripping wet in bikinis. Caring less of Rhonda, his eyes ran over Isla and the frame she was blessed with from head to toe.

Noticing what had his attention, Rhonda smirked at the junior and chucked a laugh. She clutched her bag tighter and looked back at Isla. "I'll see you later girl. Y'all have fun." She crooned and stepped off the porch.

Rhonda voice snapped Adonte out his trance and Isla only shook her head with a slight smile and waved. "Bye Rhonda." Adonte cleared his throat, slightly embarrassed that he didn't even speak back and scratched his scalp.

"Come on in." Issy invited and stood to the side of her door, making room for him. He entered and she shut the door soon after him, returning the locks back in their place. "We can study upstairs, it's cold down here."

Adonte admired her shrunk curls as they were wet against her neck and she jogged up the staircase, her bikini bottom slightly getting stuck between her cheeks as he followed. "Alright. " he finally managed to say. All this experience he had gotten over the past week or two with girls, it was still crazy to him how she left him tongue-tied. Isla went into her room and he did as well shortly after.

"So where's your dad?" Adonte asked after she offered him any seat he desired and he took one in her bean bag in the far corner. He shifted inside of it, trying to get comfortable which seemed to be a task at the moment.

"Out catching criminals. He's a police officer y'know." Isla replied while she sat on the bed on a towel-body still clear in view. "Oo! I'm sorry." the memory of her appearance snapped and she grabbed a beach lace shirt, throwing it over her body.

"No, it's fine. I mean it's your house." answered Adonte. It's completely fine, he thought. She shook her head in disagreement."Well where's your mom?"

"Shopping, I believe." Don nodded, running out of conversation starters just that quickly as they sat in quiet amongst each other. Then, he went off into his own thoughts.

"Can I see it? " catching only that part of her statement, Adonte snapped back into reality and faced her. He raised an eyebrow slowly, only his member coming into his thoughts from that common question. Now she had him wondering had that rumor finally gotten around to her. Did she really want to see it?

"See.." he trailed off, wanting her to continue before he got too ahead of himself.

"Your world language book. You brought it right, can I see it? " Isla repeated with a slight confused smile. Welp, false alarm.

"Oh! Oh." He nodded and pulled his bag off his back to his lap and unzipped it quickly, pulling the only book he had at the moment and the one she asked for, out. He leaned up and handed it to her.

"Alright well we might as well start with the basics. How about greetings! You know hello in French, right? " Isla spoke all while she scanned through the school book, bringing back memories to her of her prior year.

Adonte nodded and answered, "Bonjour. "

Smiling then looked up, Issy nodded. "Yep. How about goodbye? " biting down on his lip and looking to the other side of his room, DD couldn't strike up a memory of 'bye' in French so he shook his head no.

"It's Au Revoir. Say it with me." Isla taught and repeated it slowly but still with a roll of her tongue while Adonte said it with her. Giggling, she clasped her hands together. "You've got this. I think you're gonna be a great student. "

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

710K 14.1K 51
(Messy plot) (4/5 plot holes, maybe more) 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐭 - My hands dig into his shoulders, adjusting to the size of him inside of me. He gives me a...
860 85 11
2 years following the covid-19 lockdown, 16 year old Isabel De La Cruz feels fumbled and overwhelmed about school re-opening again. Sure, she might b...
505K 7.3K 6
ALERT!!! READ CINDERELLA MY ASS FIRST. BELIVE ME GUYS, IT'S BETTER THAT WAY. But then you can just ignore me and then regret it later. _____ Insom...
124K 3.6K 41
"I think we should jump." "Are you on crack?" "Was that a rhetorical question?" "What do you think, you imbecile?" "You kissed this imbecile." --- Ka...