Beautiful Mistakes {Zayn M.}

De fearless_1D

Rosemary Collins is your typical twenty year old college girl. She has a bright future ahead of her, and ever... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 34

989 41 5
De fearless_1D

Just so y'all know, this is unedited. I'm kind of in a rush so I'll go back later and fix it up.

--------------------------------------------- 

“I’ll see you in a little bit babe.” I said to Zayn as I exited the elevator. I was going to visit Valentina like I had done every day since she was born. Zayn had been in America doing his band stuff, and I was left alone. He had just landed though and was coming straight to the hospital. I could tell he was anxious to see Valentina. Every time I would send him a new picture of her I’d get a call from him saying how much he missed us.

Zayn sighed. “I know. I can’t wait to see my girls.” A smile spread across my face. “Tell Valentina I love her, and that I’ll see her soon.”

“I will. I love you.” I turned the corner to walk to the NICU.

“I love you too.” Zayn hung up the phone because he was just about to get on the airplane.

In silence, I walked down the hallway. When I got to the door, I opened it, and quickly went inside the NICU. I washed my hands at the sink before I went it. That was when I noticed that there were two people sitting next to Valentina’s bed. One of them, or both of them were going to have to leave. Only two people could be with Valentina at a time, and I was going to be a selfish mother and take one of their places.

I walked into the room, and instantly noticed that one of Valentina’s guests was Sabrina. She looked up and saw me standing there. It looked like she wanted to say something, but she remained silent. The other person turned around to see why Sabrina was staring behind them. It was then that I saw Bryden. He gave me a warm smile before getting up and coming over to me.

Bryden’s arms instantly engulfed me into a strong hug. This was the first time I’d seen him since Valentina was born. It was really the first time I’ve seen him since we decided to be friends. I think there was still an awkward energy around us that would always be present. I was happy to see him though.

He pulled away from me, and looked over his shoulder to Sabrina. She was picking up her belongings.

“I’m just going to wait in the lobby. You spend all the time you want with her.” She said quietly as she walked by us.

I watched her as she left the NICU. When I couldn’t see her anymore I went over to Valentina’s side. Bryden hadn’t said a word to me. He just followed me and sat back down in his seat.

I felt him watching me as I removed my coat, and as I rolled up the sleeves to my sweat shirt. I knew he was probably admiring me as I stuck my hand into the incubator to let Valentina know I was here. I didn’t care though. Right now I was here to be with Valentina.

Bryden let me do my own thing for a couple of minutes. I felt kind of bad for him as he witnessed me showing affection to my daughter. There was a part of me that believed that Bryden hadn’t gotten over me. I knew what I meant to him while we were together. He was always persistent in telling me everything he liked about me. I was sure it was crushing him having to see me with someone else’s child.

Bryden cleared his throat behind me. I didn’t know if it was to get my attention or not, but it did. I looked back at him and realized I was being kind of rude ignoring him.

“Sorry.” I said to him, turning to Valentina and stroked her arm one last time before taking a seat next to Bryden.

He was staring ahead at Valentina. Her eyes were closed, and she looked so peaceful. Even though she was still connected to the machines, I could tell she was already getting bigger and healthier.

“She’s beautiful.” Bryden muttered.

A slight smile formed on my lips at his words. “Thanks.” I replied.

Bryden averted his gaze, and looked at me. “She really is, Rose. You’re lucky.”

“I guess. I don’t know how lucky I was having her ten weeks early though.” I stated. I loved the fact that Valentina was here, but there was a huge part of me that still wanted to be pregnant.

Bryden shook his head. “Rose you are lucky. You have,” He paused for a moment and pointed at Valentina, “her. Yeah she’s stuck in here, but look at how perfect she is.” Bryden was starting to sound like Zayn. “And you have a boyfriend who loves you. Sabrina told me how he was when you were in the hospital.”

“She did?” That confused me because her and I hadn’t talked since that day she made me mad. Today was the first time I’d had contact with her since that day too.

He nodded. “She said that he’s really happy. He’s never been this happy ever since she’s known him. She misses you though. She never meant to sound like a bitch that day in the hospital. She’s just afraid she’s losing you because of all the time you spend with Zayn.”

“I miss her too. She has to know that. I want to spend some more time with her, but every moment I’m not busy I’m here. And when Valentina comes home I’m going to have the responsibility of taking care of here, as well as try to maintain this relationship with Zayn.” I explained. Sabrina was my best friend. There was no way I was going to let her slip out of my life. She would just have to understand that there were more people that were more important to me now. Not that she wasn’t important. Zayn and Valentina were my priority. They are were I needed to keep my focus. At least for now.

Bryden exhaled loudly. “I know that, but Sabrina is just feeling a little lost I guess. You and her have been best friends for a long time, and now you’re suddenly not there anymore.”

“I have other things to worry about, Bryden.” I could feel anger start to build in me. “I don’t know if she knows this, but this little girl laying in a fucking box in front of me is the only thing that I care about right now. She is going to have to keep feeling this emptiness until I know Val is okay to come home. Until then, and you can tell Sabrina this, I’m not going to worry about my friendships because they really aren’t that important to me at the moment.” I bluntly stated. It surprised me that I wasn’t yelling at him.

“I’m sorry, but she just confided in me and I thought I’d bring it up to you.” Bryden leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees. “I know Valentina is important to you, but maybe you have to start thinking about other things.”

“What?” I glared at him, and crossed my arms in front of me.

Bryden placed one of his hands on my leg. “That isn’t what I meant.”

I pushed his hand away. “What did you mean then, because to me it sounded exactly as you said it.”

He sighed. “I don’t know, Rose. Sabrina has been bugging the hell out of me to talk to you though, so that’s what I’m doing. I am on your side though. I don’t think you should worry about her, or me, or anyone else because I know that Valentina needs you and Zayn. I don’t blame you for not wanting to see anyone when she’s in here.”

“Then go tell Sabrina that because I don’t want her to be mad at me, and I sure as hell don’t want to be mad at her.” I suggested.

“Come downstairs with me. Talk to her. Fix this little feud now before it gets too out of hand.”

“Bryden….”

“No. You have to talk to her. Tell her everything you told me. Say that when you’re ready you’ll make sure to have the same friendship you had before.” He was practically begging me to go. I knew he wasn’t going to let me forget about it, so I silently agreed to go talk to Sabrina.

I stood up and blew Valentina a kiss before following Bryden out of the NICU. It only took us a few minutes to get down the the lobby since it was later in the day. There weren’t as many visitors this time of day.

We walked towards the lobby when we reached the first floor. As soon as we turned the corner I saw Sabrina sitting there. I saw Zayn standing next to her talking. That surprised me because I had just gotten off the phone with him not long ago, and he said he was leaving the airport. I didn’t expect to see him for at least an hour.

“Zayn!” I called out. His head shot up, and he started to walk to me.

I quickened my step so I could meet him. When our bodies met, our lips instantly connected, not caring we had two people staring at us. Five days without him, especially since I wasn’t in the best state of mind, was torture. He was back though, and he wasn’t going to be leaving anytime soon.

When I broke the kiss, Zayn’s lips found mine again. “No. I’m not done yet.” He mumbled into the kiss.

I broke the kiss again. “I missed you.” I whispered, looking into his eyes.

“I know. I’m here now though.” He pecked my lips again before leading me over to Sabrina and Bryden. “We’ll see you two later.” Zayn said to them. He started to pull me away.

“Actually,” I looked into his eyes, “I need to talk to Sabrina for a minute. You go up. I’ll be right there.”

“You sure?” His hands found mine, and he pulled me into a hug.

I nodded against his chest. “Yeah. Go see Val. She missed you.” I felt his lips on my forehead. He let me go, and then disappeared around the corner to the elevators.

Bryden awkwardly stood up. “I’m going to go too. Uh….I’ll see you around I guess. Congratulations Rose.” He smiled, and walked out the sliding doors that led to the parking lot.

I sat down on the couch across from Sabrina. I didn’t know how else to start this conversation with her, so I just smiled at her and said nothing. I got the same response from her. This was going nowhere fast, and it was wasting my time. My boyfriend and daughter were waiting for me.

To get this thing moving along, I decided that I should be the bigger person and talk to her first. “So, what’s up?” My question might of come off as a little snobby, but all the things Bryden told me weren’t exactly mood enhancers.

She shrugged her shoulders. “You tell me.”

I raised my eyebrows at her. “Really, Sabrina? You aren’t going to tell me what’s wrong?” She just stared at me. “You know, I have better things to do than to sit here and not solve whatever problem there is between us, so if you don’t start talking I’m going to go be with Zayn.”

“There you go again.” She rolled her eyes. “Ever since you and Zayn got together you’ve completely forgotten about everyone else. It’s like you don’t even care anymore.”

“Why would I not care? I care a lot about you and Cecilia and Alexis. I always have, and if you can’t understand that I’ve been in kind of a fucked up situation then there is something wrong with you because I’d never make you feel bad for wanting to be with your boyfriend or new daughter.” I was trying really hard not to cause a scene.

“I’m not trying to make you feel bad. You’ve changed ever since you got pregnant, and even more since Valentina was born. In the last week you’ve turned down hanging out with me everyday.”

“I’ve been here everyday. You know that, don’t you? This is where I’ve been, and it’s been fucking hard on me. You do know that she’s been in here for ten days, and I haven’t even held her. I can’t hold my own daughter, Sabrina. How do you think I feel? How would you feel if you were in this situation?”

“That’s why I want to be with you. I don’t want you to think about the fact that she’s in here. I want you to forget about it.” Her expression looked apologetic. She still didn’t understand it though.

I shook my head. “I can’t forget about it. It’s all that’s been on my mind, and it’s all that is going to be on my mind until she is at home with me and Zayn.”

“I just want us to have our old friendship back. I want us to be able to go out and get drunk together and flirt with boys and stay up all night and talk about nothing.” She explained to me. It all sounded good in my head, but I knew that I wouldn’t be doing any of that for a long time.

“Any you know that I want that too. I’m not any different than I was before this crazy thing happened.”

“What crazy thing? The you having sex with Zayn crazy thing or the fact that you have a kid now crazy thing?”

I laughed. That was the tell tale sign that we were going to be okay. “Both I guess. I never expected either one of them to happen. Especially the Zayn part.”

“Actually the cheating on your boyfriend with Zayn thing is way more shocking to me.” Sabrina said. “But look where that’s gotten you. I don’t think your life would be this great if you didn’t have that little lapse in judgement.”

I gave her a sincere smile. “I love him a lot.”

She gave me a smile back. “I know you do. He’s important to you, and I need to realize that. I think you’ve found the one you’re going to be with forever. I wouldn’t be surprised if you called me one of these days telling me you’re engaged.”

“I’d be lying if I said I haven’t thought about that, but I don’t think I want that right now. We’re so young. I just want us to be together for a while before we decided on any of that.”

“I’m going to tell him to propose. You wouldn’t say no if he did. I know you.”

I rolled my eyes at her. “Don’t do that. I mean it. If he’s going to do it I want him to make that decision himself.”

“Fine. I’ll just drop little hints. I’ll tell him you’ve been sketching more dresses lately, since you’ve been home by yourself.” She laughed at herself.

“No Sabrina. Just leave him alone.” We got quiet. After a moment of brief silence, I decided that I should apologize for what happened. “I’m sorry about last week when I kicked you out. I shouldn’t have done that.”

Sabrina stood up and moved to the couch I was sitting on, taking a seat next to me. “Rose, you don’t have to apologize. I’m the one who should be saying sorry for not being understanding. I don’t know what you’re going through. I should be a little more empathetic to your situation.”

“I was a bitch the other day. I never wanted you to leave. And I never want you to leave. You’re my best friend and I need you. Now more than ever.”

“I promise I’m going to be here. I’ll give you space though because I’m sure you and Zayn both need time to process all of this.”

I had to cut Sabrina off. “Jesus. Someone didn’t die. You’re making it sound like I don’t want to see you.”

She laughed at my remark. “I’m sorry, okay. It seems like you need time with him.”

“I get him by myself every night. If you ever want to hang out with me, just call and we can come visit Val together. Maybe even do lunch and start doing normal things again. I might need it.”

“Deal. I am sorry though.”

“So am I.” I gave Sabrina a hug. It was good to feel her embrace once again. I had missed this long week without talking to her. That has never happened to us before. We had always been so close.

She gently pushed me away. “Okay. You go be with your man now. He needs you.”

Without hesitation, I stood up. “Bye.” I started walking away.

“Remember to always use protection.” She called after me. I didn’t even turn around to look her in the eye. I laughed to myself as I gave her the middle finger, disappearing around the corner.

----------------------------------

A/N: Here ya go. Sorry if it's kind of boring. And long. I never meant to make it this long. I actually cut out part of it and made it some of the next chapter. I hope you liked this one though.

This might be the only time I'm updating this week. It's finals for me, so I know I'll be studying. If I get too overwhelmed with that though I might write a bit. No promises though. I have to focus on school, so that's where my head will be until Friday. 

And how well did the boys do on SNL?? I think I fell in love all over again. They did so well, and Niall looked so nervous. I just wanted to hold him. And Liam. Niam girl right here!!!! 

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter. I'll update when I can, and stay perfect all you beautiful people. I love you all!!

VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW

XOXO
~Nicole

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

4.4K 78 45
Kacey Locks, an 18 year old directioner, meets Harry Styles at a local coffee shop. He invites her and her bestfriend, Andrea, to a 1D party, where s...
5.3K 94 20
Hanna is a regular girl from Sweden. She’s 18 years old and while she tries to figure out what to do with her life, she takes a year off to work at h...
2K 75 159
It is a story of two that come from two different lifestyles yet still both are in the public eye. One is a famous singer and the other one is a famo...
1.3M 24.2K 44
"What do you think he will do when he finds out?" I asked Zoey. "Nothing. He isn't your boyfriend is he? He has Perrie!" Zoey replied. "But why would...