Star Wars: I Am a Slave ✓

By SapphireAlena

Rey in the hands of Unkar Plutt calls out in the Force for her mommy. Anakin hears his granddaughter's call a... More

Copyright Notice & Disclaimer
Chapter 1 - Hiding from the Bad Man
Chapter 2 - Force Barriers
Chapter 3 - You're Not Ready
Chapter 4 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 5 - Sandstorm
Chapter 6 - Vader
Chapter 7 - Raid
Chapter 8 - Electronics, Mathematics & Wookiees
Chapter 9 - The Ravager
Chapter 10 - The Girl with the Staff
Chapter 12 - The Speeder
Chapter 13 - X-Wings and Pilots
Chapter 14 - Power Generators & Flight Simulators
Chapter 15 - Salvaging the TIE
Chapter 16 - TIE Advanced Simulator
Chapter 17 - Relations
Chapter 18 - Lift-Off
Chapter 19 - The Falcon
Chapter 20 - Revelations
Chapter 21 - My Father
Chapter 22 - Salvage Crews
Chapter 23 - I Am Not Vader
Chapter 24 - Show Her the Light
Chapter 25 - I Am No One
Chapter 26 - Bargain Rather Than Fight
Chapter 27 - Teleport Me Off This Rock
Chapter 28 - Processing Unit
Chapter 29 - A New Find
Chapter 30 - Tuanul Village
Chapter 31 - Visions of a Creature
Chapter 32 - Teedo and the Droid
Chapter 33 - Disturbing Dreams
Chapter 34 - Garbage Will Do
Chapter 35 - Are We Really Doing This?
Chapter 36 - Tractor Beam
Chapter 37 - Twelve Parsecs
Chapter 38 - Bala Tik & Tasu Leech
Chapter 39 - Hyperspace
Chapter 40 - The Jedi Were Real
Chapter 41 - Takodana
Chapter 42 - Luke's Lightsaber
Chapter 43 - We Have What We Want
Chapter 44 - Dreaming of Ani
Chapter 45 - You're Afraid
Chapter 46 - Drop Your Weapon
Chapter 47 - Escape Now, Hug Later
Chapter 48 - The Face of My Son
Chapter 49 - The Battle in the Forest
Chapter 50 - Reunion on D'Qar
Chapter 51 - Dinner with Mother
Chapter 52 - Thank the Maker
Chapter 53 - May the Force Be With You
Chapter 54 - Rey
Chapter 55 - Master Luke
Chapter 56 - Granddad Again
Chapter 57 - Nothing Is Impossible
Chapter 58 - Lightsaber Drills
Chapter 59 - Lesson Learned
Chapter 60 - Advanced Saber
Chapter 61 - Force Visions
Chapter 62 - Force Lightning
Chapter 63 - Saber Gems
Chapter 64 - Back to the Staff
Chapter 65 - Then Make Me Ready
Chapter 66 - The Temple
Chapter 67 - Don't Be Deceived
Chapter 68 - Back to D'Qar
Chapter 69 - The Curse on Our House
Chapter 70 - Escape from D'Qar
Chapter 71 - Prisoner of War
Chapter 72 - Only For You, Mother
Chapter 73 - Meeting Uncle Luke
Chapter 74 - What Have I Done?
Chapter 75 - Funeral for a General
Chapter 76 - Occlusions
Chapter 77 - Execution
Chapter 78 - Leading by Love
Chapter 79 - Escape
Chapter 80 - Cleansing
Chapter 81 - There Is Still Hope
Chapter 82 - Juyo

Chapter 11 - The X-Wing

586 31 28
By SapphireAlena

The sun streamed through the open port. When Rey awoke the next morning, she had a hard time figuring out where she was.

Ani had left in the night. As she sat up and looked around the interior of the walker, she saw crates stacked around her that were not there the night before.

She groaned and stretched before rising. This was the first day in five years she had nothing to do—well, unless Ani appeared and ran her through training again. Rey grabbed some of the bread and cheese left over from last night's dinner, washing it down with some water. Then she opened the crates, inventorying what Ani had brought from Unkar's cellar during the night. Two crates held ration packets and one crate her tools.

After scraping a day mark at the top of the bulkhead, Rey explored the rest of the walker. One level above her was a troop transport area with three hundred jump seats. There was also a refresher complex with eight units, all canted at a ninety-degree angle. Looks like behind the walker will have to do for now. Maybe these can be salvaged eventually.

She moved around, not finding much else that would be useful to her survival. However, there was much that could be salvaged. Yet, she would need to find a way to get them to Niima Outpost.

When Rey climbed back down to the troop staging area, Ani had returned. He had added a few more crates to the pile. "Good morning, Rey."

"Good morning, Granddad. What's in the crates?"

"Your medkit, clothing, a small gas stove, water, kitchen supplies." Ani counted them off on his fingers. "Not a lot of gas in the stove, though, so we're going to need to come up with something more permanent. But first, I want to show you something. Bring your tools and some water."

Ani led Rey two kilometers away to the downed X-wing fighter he had pointed out a few months before. It was still relatively cool when they arrived, the sun having risen only an hour before.

When Rey saw it, she ran her hand over the fuselage. "It's beautiful!" she exclaimed. Then she saw the astromech droid in the socket, fried from a laser blast. "Oh, what a shame," she cried. "Poor little guy didn't stand a chance."

Ani smiled at her. "First, we need the power converters and two of the engines. Maybe take off a sheet of the fuselage to use as a sled."

Rey took out her hydrospanner and disassembled a piece of the sheet metal. It took a few hours, but in the end she had disassembled two of the engines and the converters as Ani instructed her.

 "You're also going to need the controls out of the cockpit."

The girl tried to open the canopy, but the hinge was frozen with sand. She grabbed a brush from her tools and scraped it clear. Finally, the latch opened. With a lot of grunting and positioning her body for proper leverage, she opened the canopy, opaque with dirt. When she looked inside, she screamed—what was left of a Rebel pilot greeted her, helmet still on, and orange polyester flight suit still in good condition.

Ani said, "Don't worry, Rey. There's not much left to him. He's been there for twenty years. I doubt there's more than bones left. Just grab him under the arms and pull him out."

Rey fought down all her revulsion of touching a dead person and did as her granddad had instructed. It was hard work, and the more she tugged, the more parts of him got caught.

She took off the helmet and threw it onto the sled. The skull snapped off the neck at this point, which she sent skittering down a sand dune. She wedged herself in between the raised canopy and the back of the pilot's seat, standing with both her feet on either side of the cockpit. She tugged again, and felt him loosen. One more tug, and he came with her as she fell off the X-wing into the sand.

"Good! Now, hop inside the cockpit, and I'll show you what you need."

The nine-year-old climbed up into the cockpit and sat in the seat. She was in awe of how many instruments and controls there were. She aligned her feet into the pedals and grabbed the joystick. She moved it back and forth, pretending she was flying the craft, shooting down the enemy.

"Granddad, what does this one do?" She pointed to an instrument.

"That's your targeting computer. It assists with firing torpedoes," Ani said. "You're going to need a few of these, Rey, and we can sell the rest, so start taking apart the panel. Bring the joystick and the pedals as well. I'll be back."

A few hours later, and Rey had removed every instrument as well as the controllers. She was stripping the skeleton of his flightsuit to use as a tow line when Ani returned.

He was pleased to see her ingenuity. He was afraid they would have to remove the belt from her staff, which would have been difficult to reattach. "Let's get moving, Rey." 

Ani accompanied Rey as she dragged the sled the two kilometers back to her walker. In the distance, they saw a speeder heading from Niima Outpost toward the Ravager.

When they had returned to the walker, Ani said, "Bring the sled under this leg into the shade. Let the metal cool off so you can work with it after your meal."

"What am I going to do with it, Ani?"

"You'll see."

Once Rey had finished lunch, she opened the new crates Ani had most brought with him this morning. Inside were all of the parts she had been swiping from the cleaning table.

"Bring those, Rey. Time to build a speeder." Ani's eyes glowed bright as a smile broke out across his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

161K 7.8K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
603K 13.6K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
467K 36.5K 87
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
473K 17K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...