Eleanor Snape- Book 5, Part 2

By elvissparrow

The last book in the Eleanor Snape Series. Follow Eleanor as she copes with the outcome of the Second Wizardi... More

Alive
Discussing My Well Being
Speaking Up
Being Diagnosed
My First Violent Outburst
Tearing a Family Appart
Strangers
I Find Humour
Mood Swings
Oh, Fuchs!
Planning to Move Forward
My New Normal
I Don't Like Questions
Remembering the Worst
Absolute Panic
Ivy Winters
Star Gazing
So Close...
The Most Beautiful Thing Anyone has Even Told Me
To Have a Mother
Gilderoy Can Make Even the Most Sophisticated Woman Act Like a School Girl
Cakes and Sparklers
Kind of Home
An Unexpected Visit
An Unexpected Relationship
Goodbye
Lucius Gets Angry
Separation Anxiety
A Day at the Apothecary
The Devil's Bird
Meeting the Mud-Lover
An Agreement
Evaluating
The Christmas Curse
Tightening Relationships
The Best Present I Could Ask For
I Can't Remember
Christmas on the Psychiatric Ward
Gifts and Giving
Covering Up
Snape: Scoundrel or Saint?
The Boy Who Lived
What?
A Picture's Worth A Thousand Words
Healer Green's Surprise
Healer Phillips
Getting Caught
Operation Crack the Yankee
Betrayal
A Promise to Healer Green
He Comes Back
Late Night Ideas
I Am "Rewarded"
Gilderoy's Episode
We Kick Chase Out of The Group
"Excitement"
Bargaining
I Anger the Group
Lucius's Surprise
Talks of Father
Conflicted Feelings
Talks of the Wedding
Don't Forget to Write
Narcissa's Realization
Intervention
Our First Group Activity
Explaining What's Crooked
Wimping Out
I Really Hate the Press
Asking for Awkward Solutions
Beauty is a Lot of Work
In Sickness and In Health
The Orange Wedding
The Morning After Bliss
The First Fight
Consequences
Options
Healer Kasigawa
And Now There's Four
A Talk By the Lake
Not the Wanted Reaction
Ivy's Return
Fear Arises
Considering Names
Busting Watermelons
Sarah Beth Drops By
Panic and Pain
"Miracle"
Feelings of the Father
Sleep
Hysterics and Racing Thoughts
Going Back to the Psychiatric Ward
"Emotional Attachment"
A Realisation
I Can End It All
Help
The Suicide Ward
Emotional Changes
Sleep Troubles
An Absurd Idea
Our Second Group Activity
A Manic Episode
My First Attempt
Going Home Again
Narcissa and Lucius Consider My Happiness
The Train There
Albergo Stadio Nel Cielo
Navigating Italy
My Real Gondola Ride
Returning Home
Guilt
Our Third Group Activity
Chase's House
Pushing Myself Furthe
Admitting Mistakes
Epilogue
Author's Note
Fun Facts and Q&A
Author's Note Part 2
CONTEST INFORMATION: PLEASE READ
CONTEST WINNER
Brother's Malfoy

The Worst (Or Best) Group Session Ever

801 17 2
By elvissparrow

I woke up to the smell of fresh coffee. The warmth of the bed was so relaxing that I wanted tojust go back to sleep, but I needed to get up. I needed to change.  Isat up, letting the blanket fall off of me. I could now see Gilderoy was sitting across the room, dressed in a thick, white , plush robe and drinking a cup of coffee. HE looked at me.

"Goodmorning, sleepy head." He greeted me. I stretched and rubbed my eyes.

"Goodmorning."

"Lucius came in this morning. Or maybe it was last night. I don't remember. It was still dark outside, though. He woke me up, and then we tried to get you up, but you wouldn't wake.  You just kept mumbling something about apples and going back to sleep. It was funny, I wrote that down so I would remember. And I took a picture. See?" He pointed to one of his boards. Sure enough, there was a photo of a sleepingn version of myself being held by a frusterated looking Lucius.

I frowned: Lucius. I didn't want to think about him. He took away one of my rays of joy, just because he had kissed me. so what that I kissed Draco? What did it matter? 

I threw my legs over the side of the bed and stood up, yawning a bit. 

"Did anyone else come in?" I started towards the bathroom.

"Mother Fuchs brought breakfast after I woke up."

"Anything else?" 

"Um..." He picked up a piece of paper and looked at it. "Yeah. she said you need to take your combination. It's in your room." My heart dropped. That meant I had to go see Lucius to get it.

"Fine." I sighed, and went into the bathroom. When I excited, I sat down on the other side of the table and poured msyelf a cup of coffee. I was going to find every reason to not go back.

I wrapped my hands around th emug, absorbing the heat. I brought it to my lips and took a sip. My eyes burst with brightness.

"This is fresh coffee. How did you get fresh coffee around here? I have ot fight to get some of that terrible stuff they claim is coffee, that taste more like water that has been sitting in a couldron for a month. And ever then, they'll only give it to me once a week."

"I don't know. They give me what ever I ask for. I have a lot of things the rest of you don't." He shrugged, takign another sip of his very creamed down coffee. I lokekd around; he was right. His bed was twice the size of mine. Actually, the whole room was twice the size of mine. That's how he had enought room for a table. All I had was a small desk, which Lucius had claimed for himself to do the paperwork he was always doing. Gildy also had a bookshelf,which I could use for all of my books that we pile on the floor because I don't have anywhere else to put them.

"Why can't I have a bookself and good coffee?" I asked, taking another drink.

"I guess when you ahve been ehre as long as I have, you get what ever you want." He replied. I nodded.

It made me sad. Atleast I had a chance of getting to go home. Gilderoy didn't have anywhere else to go, even if they did let him out. Perhaps he kept himself here because of that reason. Mother Fuchs told me that he had been there since 1993; before the Psych Ward was even built. That was the year my father died. All the time I was with Uncle Severus, Gildy was here, probably scared to death because he was so bad that he couldn't remember who he was or where he was. I had been told when he first came he was really bad. And Mother Fuchs also said that no one had ever come to visit him. Ever. He  must have no family left to come. Of they all disowned him. Either way, St. Mungo's was his family. It was all he had. Worst of all, not everyone stays with him. HE said it himself: he's watched them come and go.

"Elle?" Gildy asked, snapping me from my thoughs. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah...Why?" I looked at him.

"You're crying..." He avoided my eyes. I reached up and touched my cheek to find he was right. "Do I need to get Lucius?" He began getting up. I hit the table with my palm. 

"No! I don't want to talk to him!" I ralsied I was yelling and lowered my voice. "I don't need him. He'll just find someone else to tell nto to tlak to me. I was just thinking, is all. Don't get him."

"Thinking about what?"

"Nothing." I looked away from him.

"What happened with teh Malfoys that you don't want to see them?" 

"It's nothing. Really."

"Well... okay. But you need to take your Combination, though, right?"

"I will, Gildy. But I don't want to go in there just yet."

"I can get it for you." He offered, standing up. "Do  you want me to get it?" I thought for a moment.

"Would you?"

"Yes, and I'll send for some breakfast for you. I've already eaten mine." 

"Thank you, Gilderoy." I reached over and squeezed his hand before he went to the door. I stared at his robe as he went out. Was he still naked under there?

I shuddered: Probably.

I quietly waited for him to return, sipping my coffee. I should have asked him to bring me a book, too. Although, I guess I could read one of the books on his shelf. I got up, tkaing the mug with me. Upon examination, I foundthaat I really didn't want to rad any of them, although it got me thinking; Gilderoy had been a writer. I wondered what those books were about... But I couldn't know right then, because, ironically, none of the books seemed to be written by him.

Dishearted, I went back to the table. I was just sitting down when the door opened back up. Gilderoy came back in, empty handed. IT wasn't until he was all th eway in the room taht I was that he was not alone. Narcissa came in behind him, fully dressed and looking pleasant. She made her way to me, then wrapped her arms around me. I pushed her off. 

"Eleanor, we looked for you for thirty minutes last night before we finally found you." She informed, trying to make me feel guilty. I just glared at he ."We were worried." I continued to stay silent. She sighed nad handed me my Combination for the morning. I took the stopper out and drank it, then put the empty vial down on the table. Gilderoy sat down in his seat. 

"Would you like some coffee, Nar-kissa?" Gilderoy offered.

"It's NarCISSa,, dear, and no thank you. I've got to get Eleanor back to her room so she can get ready for the day." She explained. Gildy just shrrugged and began drinking some more coffee.

"I'm not going with you." I quietly said, turning so my back was to hers. She lightly put a hand on top of my head, which I shruged off. 

"Eleanor, you are imposing on Gilderoy." 

"No she's not." Gildy waved it off. "I like Elle. "He added. I grinned. 

"See?"

"Eleanor, come on." Narcissa tried agin, lightly pulling my arm.

"No. I'm not seeing Lucius, and I don't want to see you. You took Draco away from me!" I bit my lip as tears watered in my eyes.

"I'm sorry. We were just looking out for you. We didn't want you to get hurt. Draco hurt you once, and we didn't want him to do it again."

"I don't care." I looked down, althoug hI kind of did care. The more Narcissa talked to me, the more my heart ached to forgive her, and Draco. Not Lucius, but her and Draco. 

"Please, Eleanor. We decided that we are not going to get in teh way if you and Draco want to be friends." She hesitated, then added, "Or more than that."

"I... don't care." 

"Do you love Draco, eleanor?" She put a hand back on top of my head. This time I didn't take it off. ""Elle?"

"I don't know." My voice cracked. "I... think I do..." My tears finally spilled over. I was so ocnfused. She wrapped her armsaround me and I pressed myface into her shoulder.

"I's okay. Shh... Don't cry. Have you eaten yet? You need to eat?"

"Is Lucius in the room?"

"No, dear. Lucius went home. He knows you are made at him, and he is really sorry." 

I let that sink in.

"Gilderoy..." I looked over at him. He looked over his mug.

"Hm?"

"Is it okay if I go back to my room?"

"Yeah... sure." He disheartidly put the cup down. He wanted my company. I could tell.

"We can eat Lunch together. " I assured. He nodded.

"Okay..." 

"You'll come back to the room, then?" Narcissa questioned. I sniffed and hugged her.

"Uh-huh."

"OKay, then." She smiled. "Lets get up." She tugged on my arm. I let her stand me up, then she grabbed Melvin and the extra night pants ."Thank you for watching after her." she said, then lead me out the door, to my room. I sat down on the bed and was handed Melvin.

"After you eat breakfst, will yo utake a shower for me, please?" She asked, petting down my hair. I nodded. 

"Yeah."

"Good." She kissed the top of my head. "I am going to get you something to eat. Would you like anything else? "

"Yeah. Will you buy me one of Gilderoy's books?" 

"If I can find one. It has been a long time since I've seen one. Through the years his popularity has kind of died out."

"Okay." I hugged Melvin. "Just try."

"I will, Dear. I will be back soon." She waved, and Disapparated.

.............................................................................

When it came time for Group Session, I was filled with an intense happiness that I could not explain. Actually, I could explain it: We were going to make this Session as terrible as possible for Phillips. He had seen us individually, and, from what I could see, was ready to crack. Who knew, maybe this would be the only time we would have to tourture him before he leaves. 

I entered to room to find that, unusually, I wasn't the last one there. Jenna and Ivy weren't there yet. But all three of the boys were. I walked over sat in the space open between Gildy and Chase. Chase smiled. 

"Are you ready?" He wispered low enough so Phillips couldn't hear. I nodded.

"Yes. What are we going to do?"

"Everything." William raised an eyebrown. "Don't get mad if I punch you." 

"You're the one who needs to control yourself when I kick your butt." I replied, laughing a bit. 

"Yeah, Will. Remember, she trained the Snatchers. They killed lots of people!"

"Yeah..." I trailed off. I didn't want to be remined of that. 

"I just can't see you doing much damage." Will admitted. "You're so small."

"That makes me fast." I pointed out. He shrugged.

"Even so." 

Just then, Ivy entered, physically pulling Jenna in behind her. Jenna looked close to tears, but Ivy looked very excited. 

"Hey, guys." She sat down, after pushing Jenna into a chair. 

"I am glad you all decided to come." Phillips came over to use, slightly grinning. "Healer Green has told me that you get along very well together, for the most part. All of you have had a long, tiring week. I hope this will held the lot of you." 

"Phillips, I really have grown found of you." Chase got up, knocking his chair backwards in the process, and put his arm around the Healer. We all looked at him, our eyebrows scruntched in confusion. "I didn't think I would like you at first, but now I have changed my mind. I don't know about the rest of them, but I, for one, think you are a magnificant healer!"

"Why thank you, Chase! I-Ah!" The Healer yelled as Chase quicklily pulled away, laughing. It took us a moment to see why: As he sprinted to the other side of the room, he was holding a long, dark piece of wood; Healer Phillip's wand. "Chase, give my wand back imediatly!"

"Hey guys, catch!" He tossed it across the room. I caught it, laughing along with him.

"I've got it!" I called out. William got up and ran to the opposite side of the room from Chase. 

"I'm open, Elle!" He called. I threw it. Ivy got up and ran diagnal from him.

"William! Over here!" She yelled. He threw it to her. I went across from her. Gilderoy stayed in his seat, taking it all in with an ammused look on his face, while Jenna had her head laid on the table, crying. This left Healer Phillips in the middle of all of us.

"Monkey in the middle!" William shouted.

"No! Yankee in the middle!" Chase corrected, making us interupt into more laughter. 

We continued to throw the wand over it's owner's head, enjoying his struggle. He kept polietly demanding us to give him his wand back, making us even more hysterical. 

"Give it back; if you do not there will be tragic conciquences!" Phillips said.

"Give what back? This?!" William, caught up in the moment, put the wand over his knee and broke it into two pieces. I gasped. Chase's jaw dropped, but in more delight than surprise. 

"William!" Healer Phillips exclaimed. IT was obvious by his expression that he didn't know how to react. Chase walked over and put a hand on his hip, and wagged his finger.

"Now, William,"  He mocked, in a high, falsetto voice. "You know better than that, mister. You are grounded for a month!" 

"But Muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmm!" William could barley get his reply out through his laughing. 

"What do you think is an appropriate punishment, Elle?" Chase looked back at me. I quickly crossed the room. 

"I think he needs a good 'ol fashioned beating!" I answered, then jumped ontop of him. William fell to the floor. I was strong, but I wasn't strong enough to take him to the ground in one jump, so I knew it was on purpose. Knowing this, I didn't really punch him, but I slapped him around a bit until he rolloed over ontop of me. 

Now that really hurt. He was two and a half times my size and was putting all of his weight on me. He was practically crushing me. I didn't want to yell and tell him that I was hurting, so I Igrabbe a hand full of his hair and pulled, hoping it would be a subtle hint. He winced and let up. 

I crawled out from under him and rejoined Chase, who was practically bent over in laughter. 

"That is enough!" Healer Phillips begged, but we ignored him. "Please... Will you please calm down..."

"Do you know what I want?" I asked, strutting across the room and grabbing Melvin. "I saw some drums in the music room last time I was there. And I think some brass. I think St. Mungo's Psychiatric Ward needs it's own Marching Band! What do you guys think!"

"Agreed!" Chase exclaimed, then ran forward, grabbing my hand.  Him, William, and I ran out off the hall and into the hallway. When we got to the Music Room, we tried to get the door open but it was locked.

"Open it, Elle!" William comanded. I shook my head. 

"I can't! It's locked!" 

"Well, then! What are we going to do now?" Chase asked.  We all were silent for a moment.

"We can tear the door down?" William suggested. 

"I bet that would tick Phillip's off!" Chase took a few steps back, readying himself to ram forward, when he ran into someone. We all looked back.

"What are the three of you dooing? Causing trouble for Healer Phillips, I presume?" Healer Fuchs put her hands on her hips. We all went quiet and looked down.

"OF course not, Healer Fuchs, we were just, um..."

"Wanting to make some music!" William covered. Healer Fuchs shook her head.

"I know for a fact, Mr. Hagar, that you do not kow how to play any musical instruments. Neither can you, Mr. Gravely. The only one of you that can is Miss Snape, and she will not play infront of people. The three of you need to respect Healer Phillips for what he is doing. Now,, what I want the three of you to do is march back down to the Group Session room and appologize. Can you do that?"

"Oh, of course, Healer Fuchs." We all nodded, and slowly began marching that way. 

"I will know if you did what I asked or not!" Healer Fuchs called after us. We obediantly nodded. 

"We aren't really going to appologize, are we?" William asked once we were out of ear shot. Chase rolled his eyes.

"Of course not. I say we just go back to our rooms. What's he going to do? Demand we come back? Not after we broke his wand!"

"But I have to go back to get Melvin!" I explained. Chase shook his head. You can go back, but I'm not." He stopped, becaues we passed his door. "I'm going to my room. Goodnight." We waved, and went into the room. William nodded.

"I agree. I'm not going back. Goodnight Elle." He waved, and turned around to get to his room.

I walked the rest of the way back to the Group Session room and entered. Jenna and Gilderoy were no longer there, but Phillips was, along with Melivn. 

"There you are, Miss Snape. I have your- er- Melvin?" He said it like a question. "Where have the others gone?" He asked. I ignored his question and grabbed Melvin. 

"Don't touch hin." Snarled, then turned around. 

On my way out the door, I turned back around and looked at him.

"Oh, and Phillips?" I held Melvin with one hand.

"Yes?" He asked. Instead of answering, I showed him my hand, which was holding up one, certain finger, before turning on my heels to go back to my room. 

I think I made my point clear. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

677K 41.4K 105
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
2.3K 67 14
Logan Reese distance himself from everyone in life. Now it's two months later, and Dean rivers tell him too tutor Quinn, who he hasn't spoke to in tw...
1.1M 46.3K 52
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
25.7K 368 13
Since we don't know much about his past, I'm writing this as I imagine it. Jay has moments with Mouse, shares things with Erin he hasn't before, and...