My Mate's Betrayal

By stanakatic1995

When you are at your lowest there is only one thing you can do and that is to rise. Our protagonist went thro... More

Announcement
Prologue
Chapter 1- New life
Chapter- 2 The Royal Letter
Chapter- 3 Party n Past
Chapter - 4 The special training
Chapter- 5 The Mystery Guy (Part 1)
Chapter- 6 Mystery Continues (Part-2)
Chapter- 7 Sweet surprise!?
Chapter- 8 Stupid James
Chapter- 9 Storytime
Chapter- 10 Revelations
Chapter 11- Broken Beauty
Chapter- 12 Blue Eyes
Chapter- 13 Perfect facade
Chapter- 14 To Face The Devil
Chapter- 15 Longing
Chapter- 16 The Confrontation
Chapter- 17 Lost friend
Chapter-18 Old Habits Die Hard
Chapter- 19 Trouble In Paradise
Chapter- 20 Home
Chapter-21 A Mother's Dilemma
Chapter- 22 Decisions
Chapter- 23 Calm Before The Storm
Chapter- 25 Beautiful Enigma
Chapter- 26 Intuition
Chapter- 27 Bring It On
Chapter- 28 How Did This Happen?
Chapter 29 Is This Real?
Chapter- 30 Awake
Chapter- 31 Dread
Chapter- 32 Acceptance
Chapter- 33 His Intensions
Chapter 34 - Being In Love
Chapter- 35 A Good Start & A Mate
Chapter- 36 Clues
Chapter - 37 Brother
Chapter - 38 Dominic
Chapter- 39 The talk
Chapter - 40 Surprise
Chapter- 41 A Happy Day
Chapter- 42 Caught Unaware
Chapter-43 Reunion
Chapter- 44 The Last Battle
Chapter- 45 Life Goes On
Betrayal

Chapter- 24 Take Bull By Horns

2.6K 108 18
By stanakatic1995

Alkira's pov -

Finally.

It was the day.

The one that I have been waiting for.

Red Moon.

Most people become nervous when their special day arrives. They get excited if it is a good thing or anxious if not.

But I am not one of them I belong to other categories.

I was calm. Calm as a saint during his meditation.

I was preparing myself for this day and I would not ruin it with my supposed nerves.

But unlike me, the rest of them were freaking out and frankly saying much loudly.

Especially Ana and James, who were continuously bickering for me not to go there.

They even involved Rose and Adam in their shenanigans. They kept following me throughout the day with their wide eyes and pouty lips, like some lost puppies.

And you know what's more?

Right now I am standing in the middle of the door for the past 30 minutes. I haven't moved an inch from where I am standing. The reason for my sudden immobility is attached to my legs.

Rose and Adam.

They were gripping each leg with such fervor as if their life depended on it. They were clinging to my legs like a vine around a tree.

If they continued with their antics soon I was going to collapse on the floor as my legs started to tingle.

I craned my neck to look over my shoulder. The car was parked at five feet distance from the door.

If only I could move somehow.

They have thrown my way the most ridiculous reasons to stop me from going to the meeting. I can't even make a head or tail with some of it.

Starting with sensible things to utter rubbish.

"Kira, you are not alpha... at least not now so no need to go there."

I know that which is why I am going to confirm if my cover is blown or not.

"Dear, there is no need for you to hurry, take your time you just recovered from that horrible attack and facing your mate."

That was more than three months before. I am healthy as a horse.

"You will be seeing him there. You are not ready."

I am specifically going to see him. I have to keep an eye on him to figure out his next move. I am ready to face him.

"You have to go shopping with me. I need a new dress for my date with Daimen."

Shopping with me! Not going to happen. I can't differentiate between baby pink and fuchsia pink. I didn't even know that there was another type of pink!

"I read your horoscope for today it said to remain in the pack house."

Horoscope! Who believes in that? They are not written by witches hence most of the time they are wrong.

"I watched the weather forecast it said it will rain today. So no going outside you can catch a cold."

Weather forecast! Cold! I am a freaking werewolf! Strong immunity!

"I am afraid to stay alone in the pack house."

Says the head of my warriors!!! Moreover, How can anyone be alone in a Pack house, it is always swarming with people.

"It is Thursday."

So?

"If they keep up with this ridicule we will be late."

I completely agree with my wolf. I don't do late.

Never.

"Guys" I yelled at the top of my lungs to stop their bickering.

"Calm down. I know exactly what I am doing. You all need to stop worrying about what-ifs! Me going there is no end of the world or forewarning of a zombie apocalypse. "

I said in a loud and clear voice, directing my last words with narrowed eyes towards a pouting Adam and Rose.

"But what if he attacked you or took you away from us claiming that he is your mate!"

"First, he won't dare to attack me in a place full of alphas. Why would he attack me? I am his mate."

Somehow I managed to say the last sentence without vomiting my lunch.

"Second, even if he announces that we are mate he can't forcefully take me away from there. I do have a say in this, especially if I were to tell everyone what he did, in front of me, with another girl. Cheating on your mate is frowned upon and taken very seriously."

"Moreover Nobody can take me away from you. You guys are my family."

I meant it. Nobody can separate me from these guys.

Just as I finished speaking they engulfed me in a large group hug. The air around me was humming with love. Every fiber of my being was soaking in the care that they bestowed upon me.

A few minutes with my family is more important to me than some stupid meeting.

After all, family is worth it.

Despite everything we reached on time, Alpha Samuel and me as his plus one. If anyone asked why Luna Helen was not there instead of me, we would simply say that she was feeling under the weather.

As it was a Luna who accompanied the alpha if they have found them. If not they were to bring their child no matter the age. It was a must-rule. Nobody can bring an outsider to alpha's meeting.

Most of the time Alpha brings their elder son or daughter. It is a perfect opportunity for them to get to know each other and to find their mates.

But there are some exceptions. For example, if the alpha does not have an heir either son or daughter he can come with a person who has important rank within their pack.

Like the head of warriors, their beta, or in my case pack doctor.

In my old pack, I couldn't stand the sight of blood but still, I continued with my studies in the medical field. I wanted to contribute to my pack and this was a great way of doing so.

After getting back my health I continued with my studies in my new pack. I worked very hard and became a pack doctor. I was a full-time doctor for a year before I was chosen as Alpha.

They called me Dr. Enchanter.

I got that name because the medicines I prepared healed people very quickly and they never experienced too much pain. They felt like they were in some trance and by the time fog lifts up they were healthy like a horse, hence the name Enchanter.

But I believed that the medicine I make is strong enough to keep them in a state of delirium so that they feel no pain.

Nobody knows the identity of the doctor except for my pack. I kept my identity hidden they don't even know if the doctor is a male or female. At that time I was still grieving for my loss and didn't want extra attention so I kept it that way.

But that didn't stop me from helping people outside my pack. I would send my colleagues with all the medicines whenever my help was required. I still do it. I meditated with them via mind link. They would transfer the image in my mind and I would reply accordingly.

It was hard to keep my studies along with training to become a warrior but I kept going. Even when I was selected as next Alpha I always freed some time from my duties to keep in touch with the pack hospital and other doctors.

I drowned myself in learning and taking care of others to forget the pain of my past.

As I came here with my previous doctor's title nobody can question my presence. But For that to occur I have to reveal one of my secret identities.

Dr. Enchanter is the right one for now.

"Are you ready my child? Ready to face them?"Alpha asked in a soft voice.

We were standing at the entrance to the hall full of alphas. The only thing that separated us was the thick velvety red curtains.

"Yes, I am."

It was time to take the bull by the horns.

Damn, the consequences.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 2.1K 8
"Goddess, you're so perfect." he breathed the words, staring up at her as she moved rhythmically up and down above him, her breasts bouncing as he gr...
653K 34.2K 36
[IMPORTANT SEQUEL ALERT: Book #2 of 'The Lost One' Series] Love. That's what they had. He loved her and she loved him. Kaiden had never been as pro...
818 51 8
"..We.. The future Alpha and Luna of The Parevin dark moon pack, hereby, in the presence of the moon goddess..., reject you as our mate.." Syren saw...
5.5K 104 33
PROLOGUE Mates, simple word but have a lot of meaning behind it, it says mates were to protect each other love each other care for each other and the...