Shatter ✔ #TheWattys2017

By Wowchilee

HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN WEREWOLF [[*COMPLETED*]] Nova is the daughter of a Beta. And her mate? The Alphas firs... More

➸ 1. Shattered Soul
➸ 2. Sorry
➸ 3. The Pull
➸ 4. Selfish
5. Heart❤
6. Damage
7. Sorrow
8. Homecoming
9. Twisting Knives
10. Skin
11. Matter
12. Desire
13. Home
14. Rules
15. Attack
16. Last Time
17. A Gift
18. Brother, Oh Brother
19. Lying Games
20. Eden
21. Pain
22. Agony
23. Intoxicated Lust
24. Disgrace
25. Savage☠
26. Loophole
27. Thrash
28. Beware
29. Instincts
30. Gracie
31. Night of Terror
32. Discovery
33. Alpha Conrad
34. The Meeting
35. Bitch Fight (literally)
36. Secrets (part 1)
37. Secrets (part 2)
38. Secrets (part 3)
39. Alpha Blood
40. Two Roads Diverged
41. Insidious
42. Heat.
*PRIVATE CHAPTERS*
43. Regrets
44. Broken
45. Proposition
46. Fire
47. Loose Ends
48. Runaway
49. Monster
50. Gone
51. Unsteady
53. Strong
54. Pack
55. Warrior
56. Beast - part 1
57. Beast - part 2
58. Alpha
59. Running With Wolves
60. Realities (re-edit)
61. In - Dependence
62. Free As A Bird
63. An Alpha's Command
64. Coming Home
65. Tongue Teeth & Claws
66. Heart & Soul
67. Painful Memories
68. Strength
69. Vicious
70. Undiluted Pleasure (MA)
71. Hot and Cold
72. United Front
73. New Beginnings
74. Scent
75. The Moon's Will
76. Prepare
77. Packs of Wolves
78. WAR p.1. (edited)
79. WAR p.2 (edited)
80. Bloody Meadow (word edit)
81. Gemini Moon ♊
82. Alive
83. Blessings
84. Death
85. Funeral
86. Letters || 86.2 Mates (additon)
87. Fireworks
88. The Change
89. Powers
90. Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde (edited / re-read new material)
91. Savior *[the finale]*
Epilogue I - "I Do"
Epilogue II. Birth-Daze
.:*Cover Contest Right Here!!!*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD. P2*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD P3*:.
Epilogue III - Winning
COVER FINALS!!!
Epilogue IV - All Grown Up
EXCITING NEWS ABOUT SHATTER!
[[rachelle]]

52. Down We Go

276K 8.6K 10.1K
By Wowchilee

Chapter Soundtrack:
Kaleo - Way Down We Go

Picked by me!
Thank you YouTube suggestion vids.
•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•▪•.

Hey!!

Say hola to my longest chapter yet.
You need to sit down for this.

Also.. i changed the part in my story in the last chapter and took put the part about the gene.. so tell me if you like it better this way or the old way. I think this way.. its more focused on the original plot. :)

________________________________

Eden

Leaving my my cabin in a hustle, I stepped out into the bright sunlight. The sky so blue, a deep bright blue.. not a cloud in sight.

I had a mission to take care of today..

My boots hit heavy along the dirt road, my features set in a hard line. Last night had been a heart breaking event for me. For all of us.

Zaryn killing Deacon..

Im glad i went to talk to him.. i learned the truth that Blake and Penelope would have probably taken to their grave if Zaryn hadnt of killed Deacon. Deacon was sick.. in the head.

When i left Zaryn.. i was planning on running straight to Blake and Penelope, call them out.

They dont deserve the title of Luna and Alpha.

But the moon.. she had shown me something.. she had shown me that Zaryn's life was hanging by a thread.

So i ran back to his cabin. And im glad i did. I found him... in the bathtub. His wrist slit. Bleeding out. He had cut himself with silver.

A cut that wouldnt heal.

But he struggled.. reaching.. grasping for anything mumbling about being there for Nova and their pup. He wanted to live in that last moment.

Suicide is a tricky thing. Your mind tells you its over.. that you have nothing to live for. But once you go through with it, your fight or flight kicks in. Some people let it go, let their souls fly away. And some fight to keep it.. realising the mistake that they made but its too late. They have already done the deed. Those wolves won't go meet the moon. That's the sad part. The wont go anywhere.. the moon doesnt want wolves souls who didnt respect the gift the moon had given them... life.

After finding him, i knew what i had to do to stop the bleeding after calling Doc. He was on his way in the emergency truck. I took a regular metal knife, cutting off the edge of skin that he initially slit with silver, the skin had fried itself. Carterized. Once i cut the skin kissed with silver off, his wound began to heal but the blood loss was too much. He had already lost consciousness..

Doc got there just in time.. we were able to get him to the clinic before the flutter of his pulse died out..

Doc began hooking him up to machines.. pumping blood back into him. Blake and Penelope were called by Jackie, the nurse.  Nic, Jack and Dahlia came as well.. the waiting room full of tears as they waited impatiently for the news. Sorrow in the air.. a mourning settling in from the death of one wolf who lie in the morgue..

I didnt think it was a good time to start a war last night with so much sadness.. so much loss having happened that night... so i let it go.. Waited around for the news and finally when 3am came around, Doc came out and let us all know Zaryn was back.. alive.. unconscious still, but he would pull through..

So I decided to call it a night and go home.. sleep what little i could. My prayers to the moon had been answered.. sometimes its good to be an oracle.

I awoke this morning to my phone ringing.. it was a number i didnt recognize..

Nova.

After I told her everything.... I decided now would be the time to ready myself to hold a meeting.. bring out the truth. 

Zaryn was stable..no one had to worry about him dying.. he was safe. I needed to make sure he understood never to do anything like that again though because the moon wouldn't take his soul.

He was my first stop..

Walking down the road as briskly as I could without breaking into a jog, the cool autumn air felt amazing on my skin.

Though... i really should give up the high heels.. i mean.. theres hardly any pavement here anyways.

Rolling my eyes at how shallow my thoughts are sometimes, I found myself standing in front of the Pack House, my eyes not believing what i was seeing.

The pack was in an uproar today..wolves wandered around the property in groups. Curiosity got the best of me so i meandered over to a group of young adults.. barely out of their Juvenile years.

Zaryn was the topic today.  Talk of how Zaryn killed Deacon.. his brother. How Zaryn would die on the pole.. how weak he was for trying to kill himself because his mate left him..

They all resented the fact Nova left. She was the golden girl in all of their eyes.. for remaining strong in a time of great divide.

Males were mouthing off about challenging Zaryn.. but they would have to do so before he faced trial because once he died, there would be no high ranking spot available under his name. They all said Nic would be their Alpha.. Blake must have been forgiven in their eyes for his and Dahlias mistake  because not once amongst the groups did i hear his name.

It was all about Zaryn. How weak he was.. how he was a murderer. The testosterone was flooding the air from the agressive male wolves.. wanting to climb higher in rank... older males also wanting in on the fights..

Just because Zaryn may not be the next Alpha.. he still had title because of Alpha blood. That title could be taken.. by anyone who could win. Giving them prestige amongst the other wolves because they were able to take down an Alpha blooded male.

I already knew what i had to do.

I moved away from the mass of gathered wolves, young and old alike and hurried on down the dirt road, the breeze whipping my blonde hair past me... i felt the moon give me her orders.. to carry them out. this would be the day of reckoning.

A day that would start an uprising..

That would bring this packs hierarchy crashing down.

As i made my way down the road toward the clinic, A cripling cramp in my abdomen had me stopping mid stride- hissing in pain as i clutched my belly.. i felt my eyes roll back in my head, the darkness taking me through to the other side as the moon called to me.. to show me her vision..

Blackness took me over as she carried me beyond other wolves sight.. a place only oracles can go.

It seemed like minutes passed before my eyes rolled back from the Moon's vision and i gasped. Looking around, seeing i was back in the present.

I paled, my lips parting in surprise.

This cant be the Moon's will.. can it?

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Zaryn

I felt so light.. like being in water.. floating on your back. My head in the clouds..

All i remember is thinking about Nova possibly being pregnant in my drunken stupor and i had the sudden urge to fight to live.

Then Eden returned.. finding me. Said she had a vision.. then i black out again.

I opened my eyes slowly, the sun sheilded from the heavy curtains. A whirring of machinery along with a beeping sound. Looking down, i realised i was in a hospital gown, my arm hooked up to a blood back along with a fluid IV.

A sigh of relief.

I made it.

I don't know what over came me.. I just wanted to end all the pain.. just wanted to be gone from this hell. Just wanted to go away and never come back.

Nova...

The first thought in my mind all the time.. every minute of every day it will always be Nova.

The death of my pup was still on my mind as well.. but it didnt seem so important anymore. My wolf being sedated, has let the skin side of me think.. and now that i see things so much clearer.. its Nova who is the most important.

Yes i loved my unborn son. Yes i wanted him and it crushed me inside but the moon called him away for a reason.. i have to remember that.

I can't linger on something that's gone.. i have to stay focused on the present. My future.

A near death experience and my mind feels so different.. as if things that seemed so complicated before were now things i could work through, without my wolf pulling me towards another end.

The door opening to my room in the clinic caught my attention, me eyes zoning in on Eden who peeked her head in, giving me a small smile before pulling herself through and closing the door.

"How you feeling?" She came close, sitting on the chair beside my bed as i pressed the buttons to lift me to sit up better. My head still felt dizzy..

"Im better. " looking down, i felt embarassed realising everyone is going to know i tried to kill myself.. in a numb state of emotional turmoil. I wasnt thinking. I was in shock.. thinking of everything i lost .. my mate being number one.

"Hey." She grabbed my hand in hers, bright green eyes studying me. "Dont feel embrassed. You have had a really bad past six months.. and im sorry about that."

Taking a deep breath, "i miss her." I admitted aloud, hanging my head.

"I know you do. And im sure she's gonna miss you. I told her everything. About Deacon.."

My head shot up. "Why?"

She shrugged, "she needed to know. And she doesnt blame you for it anymore. She knows you were trying to protect her.. but she is upset that Deacon wasnt who she thought. That he lied. That blake lied." Her lips pursed as she looked around the room. "Aaaand... shes not pregnant. " she whispered.

My ears perked and i felt a pang of disappointment but also a tinge of relief seeing as how our relationship was no more.. she left me. "Oh."

Eden rubbed my arm. "Im sorry but i dont think shes coming back anytime soon. She needs to heal. You both need to heal. Who knows? Maybe in the future you guys will be in a better place.. you never know." Her attempt to make me feel better only made me sad.. angry at myself for what ive done.

But also angry at her.. for giving up.. though i had no right to be. She left me.. her mate. Though i understand why.. it just hurts inside to the point i dont want anyone around. I just wanted to be left alone. "Thanks eden."

She gave me an apologetic smile.

The thing i looked forward to most was finding a mate. I never knew it wouod be so soon and i never knew it would be her. We all thought her mate would be Deacon but i secretly prayed it wouldnt be. He was sick and our family knew it.. his wolf acted out.. did unspeakable things.. but never killed before. My dad was assured if Nova was his mate, she could tame his beast.. my mom never had any words to express on the matter though. He was her baby pup.

The weight of my brothers death hung over me. Id never taken a life.. especially not my own blood.. i shouldnt have had to do that. My father should have served justice to him. Not me. We were close once upon a time.. then he drifted and my parents protected him
.
Which reminded me.. "hey eden.. are you still going to tell everyone everything about Deacon? My dad?"

She nodded with surety. I felt good about that. It would cause chaos but it needed to be done.

"Good. Dont forget to mention my mother helped him escape. I dont want to go to trials... but-"

"But.." she leaned in. "You wont. Im going to make sure you do not get the blame for killing him. He should have been killed long ago.. you did the pack a favor. By putting nova first last night, you put the pack first. They'll appreciate that but.. i cant promise the challenges wont come... they think you're weak." She bit her lip.

I dont blame them. I am weak.

"I know." My wolf is the problem.. its almost as if all these emotions ive been feeling.. the stress.. its made my skin side feel depressed.. my wolf taking over for my weakness.. becoming stronger. Doubling up on tearosterone while my skin side lacked.

Edens face became serious. "Z , you'll have to be ready. I know you miss Nova.. but you need to be ready for what will happen."

She was right. The only times i never felt stressed.. never felt depressed was when i was with Nova.

I have to get her back... eventually.

But right now, i need to make sure im okay.. that im strong on the outside because my wolf is becoming too strong.. relying on instinct.. not letting me control his desires and actions..

But i miss her. So much. I just wanted to be left with my thoughts.. my feelings.. figure out where i am in all of this.

"Thanks Eden." I sighed. "I dont want to be rude but-"

She nodded. "But you want to be alone. I get it." Her eyes glanced at my wrist which was wrapped in guaze. "Just dont do anything stupid again okay? You have so much to live for. You just dont see it." She gave me a weak smile, reaching down, she hugged me slightly before walking to the door.. turning slowly with a cringe on her face. "I forgot to mention... i sorta told Nic about Deacon being mental.. but im saving the other part for tonight.. dont be mad.. but he was in the lobby.. waiting around for Grace to wake and he was just so emotional amd confused as to why youd kill Deacon. Dont be mad!" Her brows rose, turning, she left the room, closing the door as i let out an aggravated sigh. I scowled at her wake and shook my head.

Sometimes Eden just cant stop herself.

I tried to relax.. focusing on my thoughts..

Which were always about Nova.

If i had been stronger... if i just could have overcame my wolfs instincts to want to protect my pup.. she wouldn't have left. If i was just there she wouldn't have left.

We're bonded.

And it hurts so badly that i cant sense her.. her walls were still closed.

Just to feel her skin on mine would help me.

Looking back at last night, i dont know why i felt so helpless. I still feel that way but now i want to live..
I want to become better.

For Nova.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door. Sighing irritably, i closed my eyes.. jaw clenched as i attempted to reign in my annoyance.

"Who is it!" My voice husky as i called out.

The door cracked open and there stood Nic with a hopless look upon his face.. my old best friend. My half brother. The cause of my pups life being lost..

I narrowed me eyes. "Get out! I dont want you here!"

His expression hardened as he entered despite my words, closing the door behind him..

This made me beyond angry. "I said get out!" Shaking the bed rails, my hands gripping hard.

He ignored me, pulling the chair a bit away from the bed and took a seat.. his eyes raking over my bandaged hand.. a sadness expressed in those mossy eyes.

I tried my hardest not to lunge at him.. go for his throat. It would be impossible anyways with my beast put to sleep from the meds and unconscious state i had been in. My breathing became labored .. nostrils flaring. Jaw clenching as i stared at him.

He peered up at me with a tormented declaration. "Zaryn. Hear me out. We need to talk.. we have been friends for years.. and...well now we are family. I need to just talk to you. I dont want to fight."

I fell back into my pillow, just letting all the anger go.. im too weak for this. "Just go away." A hoarse whisper.

"I wont. I need to make things right. " he wasnt giving up and it made it that much harder.  "Im.. im sorry .. about your pup. I didnt know how hard it had hit you.." The words grated against my skin.. my eyes stinging with unshed tears at the mention of my pup. I remained still.. my eyes still closed.

"I dont know what came over me.. with Grace being my mate.. you know how it is. The wolf goes crazy.. especially since you were by her side. Your wolf wouldn't let us near.. when i talked to Nova outside the clinic.. saw how destroyed she was.. my eyes landing on her mark.. i didnt think. I just did. I felt overwhelemed to claim Grace.. my wolf wanted everyone to know who she belongs to... and... " his voice lowered a few octaves. "And i wanted to help my sister.. i thought.. i thought if i claimed her.. this nightmare would go away and you could try to make her happy.. that you and Nova would have a fresh start.. even though you dont deserve her.. shes your mate." He breathed.

My eyes shot open, an unwanted tear falling down my cheek as i turned my head slowly to face him.. my jaw clenched so hard i thought my teeth would crack.

"You mean to tell me you planned to mark Grace? to kill my pup? So that it would just go away for your sisters happiness!?" Screaming my outrage out at him with a rumble of fury.

How dare he. I love Nova but i wouldnt sacrifice my own blood.. he was a wolf.. a living wolf.

Nic's eyes remained hard. "Don't act like you wouldn't have done the same. What if you were me huh? What if Nova had gotten pregnant with your best friends pup before you found out you were mates? What if you had a sister .. and what if that sister was mated to that best friend?! Youd do it and you know it! Im not proud of what i did... im not. But Grace is my mate and i should have had the option of marking her upon meeting her.. not this disaster thats been going on for so long!" He stood, anger set in his stance.
"I shouldn't have had to meet her the way i did. With rules.. not to go near her for fear she would lose the pup! Who is to say my mark did it. You marked my sister and she marked you! You completed the mate bond when you screwed her and you each made your mark! She was sick since that day! Dont you realise that youd never have Nova if that pup was born? At least now you have a chance! But she was ready to reject you and find another if that pup came! My wolf would have one hell of a hard time as well even though the skin side of me would have tried!" His chest heaved as he expressed the truth to me.

I could see it now..

He was right. So right.

I've been so blinded over being a parent... i just assumed Nova would be there.. that once the pup was born, with Grace out of the picture.. she would have been accepting. Even when her wolf was showing me images of wanting to kill my pup.. i thought that maybe once he was born she would think differently.

How stupid i was.

How naive.

My wolf had clouded my judgement.. Nic was right.. no female would care for a pup that wasnt hers. Nic might have cared for the pup.. but his wolf would not tolerate it...

"You're right." My head fell, tears coming out.. showing how weak i was.

Tension in the air seemed to disappear as i silently mourned my dead son.. seeing how his life would have caused more harm than good.

When it comes to having my pup or having my mate...

Im choosing my mate.

My wolf has gone too far in the way he has acted.. the way he has had me behave.

Nic sat back down silently as i kept my head down.. hiding my tears.
"Im glad you see it now." He spoke softly... a deep barritone. "I dont know whats been happening to you lately.. but now you see whats important. You can have other pups.. but you only have one mate."

I nodded, wiping my face.. looking up at him with my broken expression. Sympathy in his stare. "Hey man.. i know it hurts.. and i truly am sorry.. im sorry for your loss. But now you can focus on being a better wolf.. for my sister... and about Deacon.. Eden told me how sick he was. How dangerous.. You did the right thing Zaryn. Thank you for saving my sister from that.. monster. I never knew... never." His eyes were wide with the truth that had spilled forth. I could no longer take blame for this.. his death hurt me but it needed to happen long ago. There was no saving him.
"My sister im sure will thank you for what you did eventually. I know she wouod see that as you protecting her.."

Nodding solemnly. "She doesnt want me.. she left me." The words were rasped.

He chuckled, eyes smiling.  "Hey my sister is a hopeless romantic, she will come back again my brother." His face turned up in disgust. "That sounds so wrong.. my sister.. and my brother..." he shivered

I couldn't help but to laugh lightly in return.

It does sound gross.  But the moon wouldn't mate wolves who were blood relatives.

"Anyways." Nic righted himself. "I know Nova has to come back eventually.  Just make sure you have your ducks in a row when she does. Dont mess up this time. Dont take her for granted.."

I nodded more to myself. "I wont."

A grin spread across his lips. "Good. Because i doubt my wolf would hold back then."

Our conversation had taken a turn for the better.. i felt as though weight was lifting off my shoulders.

Nic became serious all of a sudden, his playfulness gone. "I know this is a touchy subject.. but.. how do i get Grace to forgive me?"

Peering up at him, "you still want her even after everything shes done?" My brow arched

"Yeah. Of course." He nodded, frowning to himself. "She wouldnt have done those things if it wasnt for Anita.. shes a good wolf underneath."

I sighed heavily. He was right. She was a good wolf and i hated to admit it. "Be honest with her.. im not the best person to ask for advice.. but.. just do whatever she says.. and if shes angry.. do opposite of whatever she says.. because one thing ive learned is 'stay away' means 'you better put me first and follow me everywhere i go'" i chuckled as did he.

Nics hand found mine.. gripping it tight like males do.. his eyes focused on mine. "Zaryn.. i love you. Youre my brother and my friend. Please dont ever do something like this again. You can always come to me.. always."

I held back the tears that wanted to spill forth.. i havent felt so loved in a long time.. having Eden and now Nic on my side.. it made the pain a little easier to deal with.

•°•°○°○°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Nic

I felt more relaxed once i left Zaryns room. Almost like i had my friend back.. almost.

We burried the hatchet so to speak... t there was still a little animocity left in my wolf.. but he was my friend. My brother. I had to go in there and make things right with him even though my wolf wanted him far far away.. he had been with our mate.. felt her flesh.

He didnt like that.

He was agressive when it came to her..

But his death would have caused me so much guilt. With what little time we have.. we need to make amends with our enemies because no one ever knows when the last day will come.. for any of us.

Hearing about Deacon made me sick though.. his obsession with my sister.. the sick things he did.. Zaryn was right to kill him. If he hadnt.. i would have.

Pacing the waiting room, stuck in my own thoughts.. i breathed out a breath i was holding. I had been here all day waiting.. now that i talked to Z.. i felt more confident to do the thing I came here to do.

To go talk to Grace.

I took a deep breath, my wolf pawing at my brain with his excitement to see our mate. He was going wild with the need to have her to ourself.. to have her mark us and complete the mate bond.. he wanted to see her wolf. For them to be alone together..

But i communicated to him that she wasnt going to be perceptive to that right now.

Reaching the door to her room at the clinic, i grasped the knob tight.. taking another deep calming breath.. and opened it without knocking.

She was asleep.. lying in her bed with her honey blonde hair spilled across her pillow.. Dark shadows under her eyes.. complexion ashen from the pain shes been through.. physical and emotional.

Sticking my head back out in the hall, i plucked some flowers out of the vase that i had noticed on the table near her room door and waltzed inside her room.. closing the door silently behind me.

As i came closer.. her body shivered. As if she felt my presence. I could feel hers too.. my skin itching to get closer.. to touch her. My wolf was prancing around like a damn female he was so happy.

Noticing there were no flowers in her room made me sad.. i felt my heart fall in my chest a little.. she has no one. None at all.. everyone she loved was ripped from her. Anita. Conrad. Her real dad. Her pup.

no one cares..

But i do.

I took the empty vase on her bedside table, my wolf whining with how our mate was treated.. the outcast.

Taking the vase to the bathroom, i filled it up with water from the sink and put the flowers inside.

She would like this. I hope. She deserves something nice. Even if i did take them from the hall...

I set the flowers back down on her beside table and took a seat by her bed.. taking her hand in mine. It felt so right feeling her hand in mine.. as if that was where it should be for eternity. Sparks soared into my skin.. electeicity in our touch.

I smiled at our intertwined hands, my eyes roving over her skin.. up to her angelic face to see two chocolate eyes watching me.

I jumped, not realising she had woken up. "Shìt Grace! Let someone know you're awake why dont ya!"

Her eyes narrowed and her hand wrenched out of mine. "Get out.  I dont want to see you, pup killer." She spat at me.

Those words hurt.

She rolled over, facing away from me but the back of her gown had spilled open a little.. showing the flesh of her back.

I couldn't help but to reach out, the top side of my finger skimming down the soft skin that had my wolf rumbling in delight, a rumble spilling out of my chest. Her body shivered, goosebumps following the trail i made. I could feel through the bond she enjoyed it.

Then a sob escaped her.. her body vibrating with her cries.. i immidetely took my finger away.. feeling her skin side's emotions through the one sided mate bond.

"Grace..." my voice was a low whisper. "Please talk to me. Im sorry.. but my wolf.. we need you .. please just talk to me." I begged. I never thought id beg a female ...

She rolled to face me furiously, her lashes wet as tears streamed down her face. "You want me to talk to you? You took away the one thing that i loved! The one thing that would love me! That was my son! I have no one! Everyone that i ever loved has been ripped from me yet the moon keeps punishing me!" She cried, her eyes sending daggers my way.

My heart broke for her. She felt so alone..

"Grace.. im sorry. I never meant to hurt you.. but you have to understand .. as i told Zaryn.. you can have many other pups but you only have one mate. I know his death hurt you but it wasnt just my mark.. it was Zaryn and Nova fully bonding that made you sick in the first place! And youre wrong.. we are mates.  With time.. we would be each others everything."

Fury flooded through me from the mate bond.. her feelings.. her pretty brown eyes glared at me only ten times harder than before. "You go on about mates but it never stopped you from sleeping with Eden did it!? I want to be alone Nic. I know im not wanted here and when i figure out a place to go.. ill leave. Im tired of living for everyone else.. i am going to start making me own decisions from now on! I dont care about power.. or Alpha blood. My loss has made me realise life is too short. Zaryn almost killing himself made me realise i shouldn't linger on pain for too long and i wont! Im mourning.. because im hurt.!" Her words stung me as her tears increased. "I just want to be happy. I wont mark you Nic. Not now. Perhaps not ever."

The wolf in me surged forward.. his eyes meeting hers. He was feeling possesive. She flinched once she saw my eyes flash silver.

"I can't promise we wont come for you Grace. You bear my mark. I cant promise that my wolf wont come."

~°~•~°~•~°~•~

Leaving the clinic, my soul feeling like it was going to fall out of my ass.. my heart hurting from her words.

I wont mark you.

I cant take back what i did with Eden.. i had come to her for a question.. and one thing just led to another. I was lonely and she was lonely. It just happened..

I'll make her love me .. i have a sister. I know how this shìt works.. i just need to try.

The sun was setting.. the day had come and gone so fast... i felt as if i had accomolished nothing. My stomach rumbled, reminding me I hadn't eaten.

As i walked down the dirt road toward the pack house, my hands shoved in my jean pockets.. i could feel an emptiness settle inside me.. i needed to complete the mate bond.

Me eyes cast down to the ground, i was stopped suddenly when i pair of fire engine red stillettoes came into my view.

Eden.

Lifting my head, i saw legs legs legs hips and curves before my eyes met hers. I could have sworn a storm of fury was rotating behind those piercing green eyes.. her power encasing me within its wake.. my wolf stirring from the feeling.  She looked beautiful and it pained me to even think that way.

"Come. Im holding a meeting in the packhouse.. in blakes office. Get your parents." Every word was spoken with confidence .. she was like a hurricane coming through.. her power flooding out for me to get a taste of. Someone with the moons gift is a powerful taste if its ever unleashed.

I watched open mouthed as her eyes darted around my face.. her red bottom lip being tugged between white teeth.. unsure. Then she was gone like the hurricane that rushed through. She rushed out just as quick.. her body spinning, hair flowing outward, almost touching my face as she sauntered away.

I felt guilty.. but my eyes lingered on her curvy assets far too longer than they ever should.  I have a mate. I shouldn't be thinking this way...

But thats the power of an Oracle.. they can entrance any male.. any female.. everyone wants to feel their energy.. even the most faithful of mates could be swayed by the pull of an Oracle who unleashed her power like Eden just had. They are trained from a young age to always keep it tied up inside them.

But Eden was on a mission..

I went by the house and grabbed mom and dad before we made our way to the packhouse.  The meeting was being held in Blake's office.. Blake, Penelope and Eden awaiting our arrival.

"What's this about, Eden?" Dad stepped forward confused, looking over at Blake.. his eyes slightly narrowing.. not noticed by anyone but me.

Eden straightened. "Well. Have a seat.. all of you.. and ill explain." Her eyes found mine and held my gaze for just a moment before flicking over at Blake once we had all taken a seat.

She commanded the room with the powerful energy she sent forth.. Blakes wolf recognized he wasnt the only powerful one in the room anymore.. as did my wolf.

Her skin seemed to glow with all the blood rushing to the surface.. she let Blake have the head of the table but as all of us were seated.. she stood.. letting everyone know this was her meeting.

Her red lips moved in sync "I think we need to adress the fact that Zaryn is in trouble. We dont have long.. the talk around the pack today has been awful.  Agressive males talking of challenging Zaryn before he is put to trial for killing Deacon. I know this is sudden.. Alpha.  Luna. I realise you are both still in mourning but this is serious business. There is no telling when the challenges will come. Ive put guards outside the clinic in the meantime." Her eyes found Blakes.. never leaving.

How did she manage that without an alphas order?

Blake and Penelope glanced at each other with concerned wide eyes as Blake faced Eden's unyeilding expression. "No offense Eden but this isn't your place.. this is something ill handle in my own time. Our son is dead and our other nearly died.. we are grieving. You cant go around giving orders and you need to reign in your wolfs power.. now." His eyes flashed with his wolfs.

Eden threw her head back and laughed. "You want to know why i think you are stuck in your actions Alpha Blake?" She spat the title like it was a curse.. her eyes darting to each one of ours in the room. "Because you dont want your son to die for killing Deacon.. but you refuse to come out and let the pack know that Deacon had a mental illness. That he was a danger to all of us."

Penelope and Blake looked as if they had just seen a ghost.. my parents frowning.. confused. I already knew this truth.. she shared it with me earlier today.

"That's enough Eden!" Blake roared standing up. His own wrath at her blatant disrespect and spilling of skeletons from his closet becoming too much.

A power struggke seemed to go on in the room.. an Alpha's vs an Oracle.. a messenger from the moon.  Eden narrowed her gaze on Blake as Penelope looked on nervously.

"You refuse to tell the truth Blake? The moon wantd the truth out. She will have it." She turned to my parents and i. "Deacon was sick.. dangerous. None of us knew what he did.. how he would go to territoty lines at other packs.. taunt females.. raping them.  Sending them home without their honor.  He never got caught because they were all too agraid to come forward."

My father blanched. "What!?"

"Eden!" Blake seethed.

"No!" Dad growled low. "Continue Eden"

Eden bowed her head in thanks. "Deacon was ill but never showed it. He met his mate not too long ago.. beat, raped and murdered her because he was so upset that she was ruining his plans to make Nova his."

My mother's eyes went wide, a hand covering her mouth.. my father looking down at his lap harshly as my eyes snapped to Eden's.  She never told me this part..  that Deacon had done the unthinkable to his own mate?

Penelope stared.. gaping at Eden.. turning to Blake who only hung his head in shame. "You knew about this!?" She whispered harshly.

Eden continued.  "Blake.. you knew.  And you forced your beta and your son to keep quiet when they found out." Edens eyes, like a storm.. her eyes darting to Penelope,

"Penelope.... Deacon should have been tried and killed for his crime long ago.. he was a danger to Nova. Blake you let him around Nova.. and you used the night he was poisoned.. the night he nearly raped Nova as an excuse to punish him..  you knew challenges would come for him because Nova is loved throughout the pack.. you knew he would die.. but that his name wouldnt be tarnished this way! You finally realised he needed to be put down and you were going to hide the truth." She was on fire.. spilling forth the truth like a comet to the earth.. blowing up our world. Fury swept through me. Hot rage at Blake for the unthinkable.. i remained silent.. watching as Eden  turned between mom and Penelope.

She went on," Zaryn killed Deacon, not out of rage but out of fear.. he feared for the life of his mate. He did a just act .. he carried out the moons wishes and now he is facing punishment for it." Her wolf peeked out.. its white irises meeting all of ours. It was always unnerving seeing an oracles eyes.  "Dahlia dont blame Jack. He couldn't tell you. He was commanded." I silently thanked her for that. We didn't need anymore household tension.

Penelope stood, angry tears running down her face as mom sobbed beside me into my dad's shoulder. He hated having to keep thay secret.. you could see it on his face. Anger caved in om me as i stared out at Blake.. his shame filling the room for everyone to see.

"You sonofab!tch!" Penelope slapped him hard. "You knew about this!? And you never told me!? And my son will not go to trial! He wont die for this!"

Blake stood, grabbing her wrists, his face red where she slapped him. "And what would you have done!? Huh penny!?! It would have killed you because i know it killed me! Knowing my own son was capable of that!? You wouldn't have said a thing out of fear for him going to trial for the death penalty!" He screamed as she withered, crying into his chest. He relented, his arms going around his mate.. his wolf needing to comfort her as my dad comforted my mom.

"Penelope.." eden spoke softly this time. "You helped Deacon escape. But you didnt know. You thought you were doing the right thing. If all truths had been set forth to begin with... none of this would have happened. Deacon would have been kept safe from doing harm.. "

I felt so much inside me.. anger at Blake for keeping something like this from us when it concerned my sister.. commanding my dad to never speak a word.. for putting my sister in harms way.. what if it had and held my gaze for just a moment before flicking over at Blake once we had all taken a seat.

She commanded the room with the powerful energy she sent forth.. Blakes wolf recognized he wasnt the only powerful one in the room anymore.. as did my wolf.

Her skin seemed to glow with all the blood rushing to the surface.. she let Blake have the head of the table but as all of us were seated.. she stood.. letting everyone know this was her meeting.

Her red lips moved in sync "I think we need to adress the fact that Zaryn is in trouble. We dont have long.. the talk around the pack today has been awful. Agressive males talking of challenging Zaryn before he is put to trial for killing Deacon. I know this is sudden.. Alpha. Luna. I realise you are both still in mourning but this is serious business. There is no telling when the challenges will come. Ive put guards outside the clinic in the meantime." Her eyes found Blakes.. never leaving.

How did she manage that without an alphas order?

Blake and Penelope glanced at each other with concerned wide eyes as Blake faced Eden's unyeilding expression. "No offense Eden but this isn't your place.. this is something ill handle in my own time. Our son is dead and our other nearly died.. we are grieving. You cant go around giving orders and you need to reign in your wolfs power.. now." His eyes flashed with his wolfs.

Eden threw her head back and laughed. "You want to know why i think you are stuck in your actions Alpha Blake?" She spat the title like it was a curse.. her eyes darting to each one of ours in the room. "Because you dont want your son to die for killing Deacon.. but you refuse to come out and let the pack know that Deacon had a mental illness. That he was a danger to all of us."

Penelope and Blake looked as if they had just seen a ghost.. my parents frowning.. confused. I already knew this truth.. she shared it with me earlier today.

"That's enough Eden!" Blake roared standing up. His own wrath at her blatant disrespect and spilling of skeletons from his closet becoming too much.

A power struggke seemed to go on in the room.. an Alpha's vs an Oracle.. a messenger from the moon. Eden narrowed her gaze on Blake as Penelope looked on nervously.

"You refuse to tell the truth Blake? The moon wantd the truth out. She will have it." She turned to my parents and i. "Deacon was sick.. dangerous. None of us knew what he did.. how he would go to territoty lines at other packs.. taunt females.. raping them. Sending them home without their honor. He never got caught because they were all too agraid to come forward."

My father blanched. "What!?"

"Eden!" Blake seethed.

"No!" Dad growled low. "Continue Eden"

Eden bowed her head in thanks. "Deacon was ill but never showed it. He met his mate not too long ago.. beat, raped and murdered her because he was so upset that she was ruining his plans to make Nova his."

My mother's eyes went wide, a hand covering her mouth.. my father looking down at his lap harshly as my eyes snapped to Eden's. She never told me this part.. that Deacon had done the unthinkable to his own mate?

Penelope stared.. gaping at Eden.. turning to Blake who only hung his head in shame. "You knew about this!?" She whispered harshly.

Eden continued. "Blake.. you knew. And you forced your beta and your son to keep quiet when they found out." Edens eyes, like a storm.. her eyes darting to Penelope,

"Penelope.... Deacon should have been tried and killed for his crime long ago.. he was a danger to Nova. Blake you let him around Nova.. and you used the night he was poisoned.. the night he nearly raped Nova as an excuse to punish him.. you knew challenges would come for him because Nova is loved throughout the pack.. you knew he would die.. but that his name wouldnt be tarnished this way! You finally realised he needed to be put down and you were going to hide the truth." She was on fire.. spilling forth the truth like a comet to the earth.. blowing up our world. Fury swept through me. Hot rage at Blake for the unthinkable.. i remained silent.. watching as Eden turned between mom and Penelope.

She went on," Zaryn killed Deacon, not out of rage but out of fear.. he feared for the life of his mate. He did a just act .. he carried out the moons wishes and now he is facing punishment for it." Her wolf peeked out.. its white irises meeting all of ours. It was always unnerving seeing an oracles eyes. "Dahlia dont blame Jack. He couldn't tell you. He was commanded." I silently thanked her for that. We didn't need anymore household tension.

Penelope stood, angry tears running down her face as mom sobbed beside me into my dad's shoulder. He hated having to keep thay secret.. you could see it on his face. Anger caved in om me as i stared out at Blake.. his shame filling the room for everyone to see.

"You sonofab!tch!" Penelope slapped him hard. "You knew about this!? And you never told me!? And my son will not go to trial! He wont die for this!"

Blake stood, grabbing her wrists, his face red where she slapped him. "And what would you have done!? Huh penny!?! It would have killed you because i know it killed me! Knowing my own son was capable of that!? You wouldn't have said a thing out of fear for him going to trial for the death penalty!" He screamed as she withered, crying into his chest. He relented, his arms going around his mate.. his wolf needing to comfort her as my dad comforted my mom.

"Penelope.." eden spoke softly this time. "You helped Deacon escape. But you didnt know. You thought you were doing the right thing. If all truths had been set forth to begin with... none of this would have happened. Deacon would have been kept safe from doing harm.. "

I felt so much inside me.. anger at Blake for keeping something like this from us when it concerned my sister.. commanding my dad to never speak a word.. for putting my sister in harms way.. what if it had been her?

"Theres more." Eden sat as blake and Penelope followed.. realisation finally setting in for him. "The night Nova was attacked.. Alpha Reynold reported his daughters body found. Thats the night you knew. You were never going to tell Alpha Reynold about his daughter were you? You werent going to give him a piece of mind over his daughters horrible death..." she narrowed those fierce eyes.

Blake folded into himself.. something no alpha does.

Outrage erupted through the room as mom and dad lashed out.. penelope following suit.. blake sitting there.. taking it. I remained silent.. watching. How dare he hide something that vile ..

I finally stood.. everyone caught up in their own words.. Eden watching them with determination.

"STOP!!" A roar came out of my mouth as the words themself. Everyone stopped, their eyes darting to me.. seating slowly in their seats as they registered my power in my tone.. the Alpha blood speaking.. my hard gaze landed on Blake. "Blake this needs to come to the packs attention. You put my sister in danger out of selfishness.. you put your own family before the packs safety! You let a father go on with uncertainty as to what happened to his daughter! Zaryn will be vindicated! You'll tell the pack.. or i will!"

Blake slowly rose his head to look at me. I mean really look at me as if seeing me for the first time. "They will challenge me. They will try to take me down." His words were low.

This churned around and around in my mind. "Then you'll step down quietly.." this would mean Zaryn and I would have to fight if the other wanted title.

Blake stared. "Neither of you are old enough or ready to challenge me.. nor can you manage a pack!"

I snorted. "Then we will take our chances. But blake.. you are coming clean with this."

Eden peered up at me with a ghost of a smile. "Hes right. You'll hold a meeting as soon as Zaryn is healed. You'll tell them all the truth."

Penelope began to cry harder. "Im not ready for this! We will be outcasts!"

Mom glared. "Blake needs to do the right thing. Its because of you that he hides secrets.. you're so consumed with being Luna but you cant even command respect for yourself." She spat as Penelope's wolf surged, her teeth coming out as she growled.

"Enough!" Dad stood, the normally stoic wolf finally speaking out. "This pack has been through too much! Too much pain and too much hurt! The truth needs to happen and it needs to happen soon! Thank you Eden.. now i can speak the truth freely now that its no secret. I despise you Blake. You're not fit to lead this pack anymore.. your own wants getting in the way.." his chest puffed.

Blake didn't even fight back. He knew it was true. He just got up from his chair and walked toward the door, turning slowly to meet all of our eyes. "Im sorry... for.. everything."

He left just like that.. Penelope running after him.. my mom and dad following suit.. they werent done with the conversation.

I sighed, rubbing my eyes as i got up from my seat. This was enough drama to last a lifetime. I sent Eden a smile before heading to the door.. ready to call it a night.

"Nic. Wait."

Her words had me turning around.. watching as she came to me.. her skin still glowing with power. Her now green eyes peered up at me as she bit her lip.. "i need to tell you something."

Worry poured from her skin..

"What is it Eden?" My brows furrowed.. waiting expectantly.

Her eyes never left mine as she swallowed hard.. her next words changing my life forever.

"Im pregnant."

Dun dun dun!

Whew that was a long chapter. It took me all day!

How do you feel ABOUT EDEN BEING PREGNANT !?!

Theres a lot of sexual tension there!

What do you think about grace? Anyone feel bad for her? At all?

Who do you think nic will wind up with???

What about the secrets!?! Everything is spilling forth.. whay do yoi think will happen to blake?

Who do you think is the next alpha. I know but do u?

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT AHHHHHH!

And will nova return???

------------------

If you've lost a loved one to suicide.. please remember this is just a story and what happens to the wolves souls when they die is just what happens in my story. Don't associate it with your loved ones. ❤

Xoxo
Chilee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2M 181K 40
Ava Carter was a 17 year old orphan. She was a member of the Crystal Blue Pack. She was the punching bag in her pack, as people usually walked all ov...
459K 13.9K 21
After her mom died, her Dad, who blamed her for the death of her mother, started beating her everyday. She's been told that she's a slut, a whore, a...
5K 195 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...
1.7M 49.7K 80
Artemis Terry, living in her father's pack- Emerald Guardians located on the edge of the Romanian border. Artemis was an Alpha's daughter and yet she...