Beautiful Mistake | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

❝how would you feel if i told you i loved you? it's just something that i wanna do❞ When Violetta's parents'... More

• foreword •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 23 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 32 •
• 33 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 39 •
• 40 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 47 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 53 •
• 54 •
• 55 •
• 56 •
• 57 •
• 58 •
• 59 •
• 60 •
• afterword •
• Part 2 • Diego •
• 2.1 •
• 2.2 •
• 2.3 •
• 2.4 •
• 2.5 •
• 2.6 •
• 2.7 •
• 2.8 •
• 2.9 •
• 2.10 •
• 2.11 •
• 2.12 •
• 2.13 •
• 2.14 •
• 2.15 •
• alternate ending 1 •
• alternate ending 2 •
• epilogue •
• afterword •

• 28 •

444 21 33
By Lexy_VLover

(The wedding is finally here! And, Merry Christmas! Enjoy xx)

"VIOLETTA! VIOLETTA!"

I hear the voices, but I can't bring myself to open my eyes.

"Violetta get the fuck up before I dump water on your hair," my eyes shot open at this voice.

After my experience with Diego, I wasn't exactly a fan of getting water on my hair for no reason. Camila grins victoriously, and holds out her hand. I take it and she pulls me up. The rest of the girls were crowded on my beds, exhaustion written all over their faces.

"Time to get ready for your wedding!" Francesca squeals.

I had just managed to shower and wash my hair when the hair stylist and makeup artist came. The girls we getting ready, trying on all kinda of different shades of lipstick whilst I had to be glued to the chair, my head tilted downwards -my neck was already beginning to ache-.

The brunette hair stylist was going to make a a loose bun, and stick a few flowers and a flower crown. The bun would even look like a rose. She picked my chin up, and before I could look at myself, she spun me around. The black haired makeup artist was waiting, she purses her dark purple lips before whipping out some mascara.

Makeup which usually takes an average person ten minutes, took half an hour. When I opened my eyes, I had to blink furiously to let them adjust to the light. She lightly spun me around and my jaw dropped.

I first took notice of my hair, it was exactly like what the hair stylist described. The makeup was simple, but it brought out all my best features. The blush, which was a light shade of pink made my cheekbones stand out, and the eyeliner matched with the eyeshadow honestly didn't make my chocolate brown eyes pop.

"Thank you so much!" I gushed.

"You really did a nice job," Natalia tells them, nodding in approval.

The ladies left, and my friends helped me into my wedding dress. It was white -of course-, and had delicate embroidery etched on it. It hugged my body, but in a way that I didn't look too tight, I was able to breathe. From the waist up was plain white almost silky material, if you looked closely though you could see some patterns.

"Damn, Diego is going to be all over you!" Camila snapped her fingers, and I flushed an unattractive shade of red.

"You really do look beautiful Vilu," Ludmila smiles at me through the mirror.

Camila and Francesca help me with the heels. I stand up and look at myself one more time in the mirror, smoothing down the front of my dress.

This.

Is.

It.

WEDDINGS ARE MEANT to be special.

Especially for girls like me—who dream of their happily ever after since they knew what it meant. We all dreamed of our Cinderella moment, where our Prince Charming would sweep us of our feet and propose to us in the kindest and most heart warming of ways.

Not some guy who slept with a different girl every single week and who called you a waitress when he proposed to you. It would also help if the person you were marrying wasn't arranged.

Weddings are magical. You dance the night away, and pray that you will be together for the rest of your lives. This burning passion between you two will never die.

Your wedding day is the day you commit yourself to your significant other, you vow that you will be there for them no matter what obstacles the world threw at you.

That you would be there for each other until death do you part.

That you would love each other and make sure nothing (nothing) got in the way of it. Some may even elope because of how much they loved each other, and because of how much they knew weddings meant to each other. The word marriage held a lot of meaning.

It made me wonder if when I married Diego did that mean Gregorio would put his back into it that my parents' business would fly up once again.

Did it mean that this thing going on between Diego and I would settle?

Would Diego and I ever look past our differences? Would he ever see me as more than just somebody to be with during the night?

Would we ever fall in love?

All these questions buzzed in my mind as I paced inside the hall. The doors would have to open soon and I would walk down the aisle with my father, before he would hand me over to the -handsome- devil. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I turned and saw my father.

"Hey Dad," I murmur, and shock crosses his face. I sure he didn't even expect a greeting from me.

"It's my wedding day, I really don't want to fight with you," I explain, and he smiles, that reaches-the-eyes smile. And I smiled back, a genuine smile.

"I love you very much you know that," He says, and I nod.

"I love you too,"

"Bridesmaids!" Somebody yells, and my heart rate picks up.

It was happening.

I bit my lip in apprehension.

To be fair, I didn't understand why I was so nervous. It's not like either of us could say no, we were tied together by a contract. A contract that I grudgingly signed because I didn't want to see everything my parents had worked for go down the drain.

My father links arms with me, and we start to walk behind Francesca. As I exit the safety of the room, I hear awes as people took in my appearance. I wanted to look down at the ground, or at least at the bouquet I was wearing, but I knew they I couldn't come off as reluctant.

I picked my head up, and my gaze found Diego. A crisp black suit adorned his already gorgeous body. You could tell how masculine he was, even though you couldn't clearly see his well-defined muscles. His lips parted as he eyed me, and I couldn't help but feel at least a little proud.

My father hugged me at the end of the aisle, and I joined Diego. He took my hand, and we turned to the priest.

"You look beautiful," Diego whispers.

"You too," I mutter. Diego smirks at me, before turning his full attention to the priest.

"Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Diego Hernandez and Violetta Castillo in matrimony commended to be honourable among all; and therefore is not to be entered lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly.

"Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace," Nobody said something, which was expected.

The priest reads a poem about love and wedding days. It was elegant, and the words were beautifully penned. Again, the thought of happily ever after crossed my mind.

"The vows," The priest says. Diego turns to me, taking a large breath.

"I, Diego, take you Violetta, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better of for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part," He nods to signal me to start.

"I, Violetta, take you Diego, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better of for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part," I repeat.

The priest nods at me, and tells me to repeat after him. This would be the exchange of rings. A little boy dressed in a white suit walks over, and holds out the white cushion with two rings set carefully on top. I mouth a thank you, and he flushes.

"I Violetta give you Diego this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you," I slip the ring onto his finger.

He repeats, and gently puts the ring on. His forefinger lightly caressing my knuckles causing a shiver to run down my spine. I snap myself out of the trance, and turn back to the priest yet again. My legs were already getting sore.

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride,"

Diego grins before cupping my face in his hands. He presses his lips to mine, it lasted longer than it should have but it was shorter than what I really wanted. Diego pulled away, pecking my nose. We turn to everybody, our hands joined.

"I now present to you Mr and Mrs Hernandez,"

Mrs Hernandez.

IT WAS OFFICIAL.

Diego and I were married. I was no longer Violetta Castillo. I had to blink a few times to assure myself that this wasn't a dream, that the wedding day had really come so fast. The three months that we had been living together had started out uneventful, and then the kiss happened.

Diego leads me to the reception hall. I shudder as I enter, remembering Mason's hungry eyes scanning my body. Diego must have noticed this, his hands tightened around my waist. There was a long table in the front with five seats and plates set up. Round tables scattered the rest of the room.

Gregorio sat next to Diego at the long table, and my parents next to me. The speeches would begin soon, I thought as the waiter carefully placed glasses of wine next to us. There were four shot glasses with a variety of red wine, and then two long glasses with white wine.

"Dad switched up the speeches a little, you are before me," Diego whispers in my ear. I nod scraping my hands against the front of my dress nervously.

Marco stood up, tapping his knife against the shot glass. The murmuring dies down, until all eyes were focused on Marco including my own.

"Diego has been my best friend for ages, but I'd be lying if I said since birth. Diego and I were in the same school, and in the same class, but we had never always been best friends. My friend back then was a girl named Rosaline. On a fateful day our class went to the Zoo. Even as a six year old I was curious, and wanted to have a closer look at the Penguins.

"And thanks to how clumsy I am. I fell over the ledge, luckily it wasn't a high wall, but I scraped my knee nonetheless. I was yelling for help and nobody came, until a little boy with dark hair and a leather jacket –because you are never to young to wear a leather jacket– jumped over, and helped me up. He let me stand on his hands as he pushed my upwards over the wall.

"The boy was Diego Hernandez. Ever since then we had vowed to look after each other until death do us part—" Soft laughing rumbles through the room, "—again, I'd be lying if I said that I knew Diego would get married.

"Yes he's a charmer but he left a trail of broken hearts wherever he went. You can also tell the strength of our friendship considering I'm saying this without fear in my voice—" more laughter, and a grin stretched across Diego's face.

"—point is, I'm glad Diego found somebody to have and to hold, from this day forward. Violetta is a lovely person who fits Diego. She makes him a better person. And coming from somebody who thought nobody was good enough for the little boy who jumped over a wall for somebody he didn't know well, it does mean something. To Diego and Violetta!" The crowd repeats and everybody downs their red wine.

"Violetta was a nerd in school. No lie. And I was a typical dumb jock who didn't even know how to do two plus two without counting on his fingers. It was how our trio of friendship started. The dumb jock, the nerd and the cheerleader. So yes, if any of you were wondering, that is where Francesca got her spirited personality from.

"Violetta was going to be my tutor for Italian. Violetta had always been kind hearted it's one of her strongest characteristics. So she said she would tutor me even though the only thing she knew was hello. And technically bye. It was when we truly became friends, she risked humiliation because she didn't want to let me down. I'm not sure about you but that is a real star right there.

"Diego wasn't always my favourite person, in fact he wanted to kill me at one point. Again, no lie. But he's grown on me, and at this point in time, I can't say that there is anybody better for our star.

"Diego has proved to care about her, when he protects from her everything. And anything. To Diego and Violetta!" Tears welled up in my eyes and I had to wipe them away quickly.

"Damn, Diego. Unlike with Marco, the first side of Diego I saw was the charming I-know-you-want-me-to-get-in-your-pants Diego. And damn was he persistent. He somehow got my number –which I later found out was thanks to his loyal best friend Marco– and started sending me text messages. At this point I wanted nothing to do with him.

"Until a time came where I had –not necessarily forced– to be there for him. This showed me the fragile, and human side of him. This was a Diego that I actually liked. No, you freaky people who jump to conclusions I had no intention of sleeping with him. Yikes, sorry to the kids that are here. I should've let Marco check my speech." She trails off for a moment before continuing.

"Anyway, Diego and I were friends since then. And Marco is a sweetheart whom I got along with instantly. Even though Diego doesn't show it, you may never meet somebody who cares as much as he does.

"Well, except for Violetta. Who, like Leon said, really is a kind hearted person. A girl who can make him forget his player ways, is a girl worth keeping. To Diego and Violetta!"

My heart rate picks up as I realise after Francesca it was my turn. I had been working on my speech for days but I still thought it was missing something. I take a deep breath, and revert my attention back to Francesca.

"Yes I was a cheerleader. And yes Violetta was a nerd. But despite that Violetta and I are best friends. Maybe it's my bubbly personality that brightens her sometimes dull personality. Sorry Vee, but I'm being honest. And don't get the wrong idea, sometimes Violetta can be the real life of the party. After she's had a few drinks.

"Maybe it's her rational thinking that stops me from getting into big trouble. But it doesn't matter. What matters is that I love her dearly. We were friends before cheerleading came into view, but Violetta was always and I mean always a nerd.

"One of the easiest choices I ever had to make, was choosing my cheerleading outfit or her. The squad realised I was too amazing to let go, so I was welcomed back immediately.

"This is one of the reasons why I loved her. It had been the two of us for the longest time, even if I choose cheerleading, I would still have the squad, but Violetta knew that there weren't many other people for her to go to.

"But she still wanted me to put myself first, because she thought I had a real gift for shouting and doing flips, and that I was stupid to save our friendship. I told her she was stupid.

"Violetta is the most selfless person I have ever met. And I'm glad she found Diego, somebody who can care for her as much as she cares for everybody else. To Diego and Violetta!"

I take a deep breath. Diego squeezes my hand reassuringly. I stand up, a tall glass in hand. I look at Diego, and smile. I try to make it look as loving as I can.

"When I met Diego I wanted nothing to do with him—" I still pretty much don't, "—he was labelled as a player, and some other colourful words that I don't believe I'm allowed to say—" manwhore, "—and I honestly believed them." I still do. Diego tenses next to me.

"But now, if anybody says anything near that I will probably wring their necks. Because they are wrong–wrong doesn't even come close to how incorrect that is. Diego is probably the most caring and thoughtful fiancé, now husband, that I could ever have asked for. He never disrespects me, and I know that I can always trust him."

At least 99% of what I was saying was a lie. He's never cared for me -there were a few occasions hence the 1% of the the truth- he is not thoughtful, and he disrespects me in such a natural manner, it's like it was drilled into his mind like how to walk.

"Diego boosts my self esteem, he looks after me when I'm ill or just feeling down. He knows how to bring up my mood by simply saying good morning to me.

"When I was younger I used to tell myself to never let somebody complete me, but that it out of the window. Diego honestly completes me. I don't know what I would do without him,"

Have a life perhaps. I would be able to work, study -in our contract I wasn't allowed to do any courses because Gregorio believes in the old fashioned the man works and the woman stays at home and drinks fucking tea-.

Just enjoy life to put it simply.

"I love you Diego," I say to him, and everybody in the room drinks their wine.

I take my seat, and Diego stands up. He intertwined his fingers with mine.

"When I met this angel, we were at her parents' office building. I was sitting on one of their surprisingly comfortable chairs quite bored with life, when a girl stumbles through the front door, papers in both her hands stacking up to her ears, when she falls. Like she said, I wasn't described in the loveliest of ways, but I knew when to help a lady.

"As I was about to give her the papers I gathered, my eyes met hers. There was something about her chocolate brown eyes, that had me mesmerised.

"People describe this moment as the look, or the moment. When you find your soulmate. I never believed them, but staring into her eyes, well I quickly believed it.

"She was instantly the most beautiful girl I had ever met. I was probably kneeling there for about ten minutes before somebody interrupted us.

"I was quick to get her number, take her out on a date, ask her to be my girlfriend and ultimately my wife. It may have been in a span of a few months, but like I said, I experienced the moment.

"This girl is the kindest, most caring, trusting, down-to-earth person I know. There is honestly nobody in the world like her. I could dream of the perfect woman, and she still wouldn't come close to her. She is a princess. She has helped me through some of my toughest times, being a supporting shoulder.

"I know that I can trust her with everything and anything. I hope that nothing will ever break us apart, because I simply would not live if she wasn't in my life."

I wanted to cry, honestly, this was the sweetest thing anybody had ever said to me. But unfortunately it wasn't real. I kept my tears to myself. Diego turned to me, and helped me up.

"I love you from the bottom of my heart,"

Oh dear god help me.

He pressed his lips to mine in a short kiss. We drank our wine, our arms tangling. Diego could tell how breathless I was, and he winked at me.

"Are you ready for the honeymoon?" Diego whispers grinning.

Five days in some other country, probably at some romantic hotel, with the Prince Of Romance.

How could I forget?

Hi! Sorry that this chapter was mostly made up of speeches, so I'm sorry if it got boring, but I had never written these speeches properly before. And they give you an insight on characters' pasts. Friendship wise.

So, I hope you enjoyed the chapter! A hella load of DIELETTA to come in the next few chapters with the honeymoon. It was will be 2-3 chapters long. How do you think DIELETTA is doing. Are they veering closer to 'love'. This chapter was so long god! (3457 words!)

Merry Merry Christmas to all of you!! I hope you enjoy your day, whether you're celebrating or not! I love you guys a lot!

Thank you for reading 🙈 sorry for any errors 💚 Merry Christmas again!

~Lexy 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.6K 2.6K 45
(Based on the show "Violetta") Violetta can't help feeling bad after leaving Leon for Diego. She realizes she needs Leon more than ever. When Violet...
80.4K 1.1K 21
TRIGGER WARNINGS : Cnc, violence, substance abuse, there are scenes of r*pe and degradation. Please read at your own risk. ENJOY! After her parent's...
3.4K 150 24
Violet Ferrari is at breaking point. Moving out of home was supposed to fix her problems, not exacerbate them. All the shit she tried to escape, came...
16.3K 265 30
Leon works in a company that is opposite Violetta' s company but violetta works with her brother Federico and Diego is the boss of them both and forb...