The Consort (MalexMale) 《COMP...

By HarlemDiggity

They're blood-thirsty. Every last one of them. Per the Agreement, however, all humans are assigned a vampir... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 - Bogdan's POV
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37 - Final Chapter

Chapter 17

79.9K 4.4K 2.1K
By HarlemDiggity

Chapter 17

Somehow I find sleep. It's the worst kind, though. For hours I alternate between succumbing to a fuzzy slumber only to be startled awake whenever I hear something from outside. I can't manage to get comfortable, and a permanent layer of goosebumps has taken over the pale skin of my forearms.

When an owl hoots in a nearby tree, I decide it's futile. I draw myself into a sitting position and rub the sleep out of my eyes. Sunlight begins to make its way through the cracks in the treehouse. Dust rises and collects around the small patches of light, mesmerized by its safety and warmth.

My stomach rattles from hunger. Bogdan glances at me from the other side of the tree house. His eyes aren't nearly as bright as they were last night. Perhaps he caved in and drank one of the blood bags earmarked for Kelly. He gracefully gets to his feet and walks over to me.

"You don't look rested," he observes aloud.

"I don't feel rested."

"I told you to sleep."

I sigh and run a hand through my messy hair. It's only been a day and I can feel how oily and unruly it is. A faint smell of onion emits from my armpits, the result of a night of nerves wreaking havoc on my sweat glands. I quickly clamp my arms down to my sides. How embarrassing. No wonder Bogdan chose to sit at the other end of the treehouse

"Sorry," I mumble. "If you had to smell that all night."

Bogdan squints in confusion. "Do you forget this is the second night I have been around your scent, human?"

"No – not my blood scent," I start to correct him but then stop myself. "Never mind."

Bogdan clears his throat and tucks his hands behind his back. How is it possible for the man to look so immaculate after a day of traveling and a night of hiding? It's not fair. His haunting features catch the light as he paces in front of me. His cheekbones are high and sharp, accentuating the slope of his nose leading down to his supple lips.

"The humans are traveling east," Bogdan says. "Kelly followed a short distance behind them and informed me this morning that they are sticking to the path near the river."

He scoffs at this plan, almost silently saying that if he were human, he'd do it much differently. I think about Leo and the rest of them. Even though they probably despise me right now, I can't help but feel guilty. They're in an unsafe area because of me. They're probably tired, hungry and sore because of me.

"What's our plan?" I ask, trying to chase away the thoughts.

"To keep you alive and away from other vampires."

I snort, thinking he's making a joke.  But of course he's not. I swallow down my laughter and nod.

"We'll be traveling to the Village today," he continues.

My pulse skyrockets at the possibility of traveling into the heart of vampire land. Why would Bogdan think of something like that? Even though this treehouse is pretty awful, I'd rather stay here than go there.

"Most, if not all, of the vampires have evacuated in preparation of the war," Bogdan explains. "And the ones who have stayed behind won't bother us anyway."

I swallow down the lump in my throat. "You're going to just break into a random house and keep me there?"

"Hardly. While I do have my own home in the Village, I will be taking you to Crystal's house instead."

The name sounds familiar, and I try to pilfer through my memories to figure out where I've heard it before. Then I remember that it's a name Kelly has used before. It was his vampire. 

Bogdan wants me to stay at the very place I left Kelly behind? The very place Kelly lost his mortality to become a vampire?

I shake my head. "I can't... I don't think I can do that."

"It's safe," Bogdan assures me, completely unaware of the other factors coming into play. "No one will bother us there. Even if they do, I'd be able to buy us enough time to get out safely."

"What about Kelly?"

There's nothing safe about being around Kelly, or any vampire for that matter – especially one who is barely in control of his blood cravings. I can't stop loving Kelly, though. He's been there for me for as long as I can remember. Even if he doesn't remember all of it, I do.

Bogdan cocks his head to the side and hesitates for a moment before saying, "he's...out."

He walks away from me and opens the door to the tree house. A lone spider scuttles down the wooden planks. It travels right over Bogdan's hand, crawling over his every knuckle before skittering into the shadows. He doesn't flinch.

"Where's 'out?'" I press.

"He will be back eventually," Bogdan answers. "That is all you need to know. Let's go, human."

He reaches a hand out to me, his pale fingers like newly fallen snow. My movements are so awkward compared to his. I stand and dust off my jeans. I get another waft of my armpits and cringe. Let's hope my blood is smelling extra delicious today. Because if I was him, I'd consider pulling me behind with a ten foot rope just to get away from the smell.

_______________________

"We're here, human. Wake up."

Cool mint washes over my face. It's a decadent smell, the type you remember no matter how much time has passed. It ranks above freshly baked cookies or even freshly cut grass before a summertime barbeque.

My eyes flutter open, and Bogdan's red eyes peer into mine. He doesn't set me on the ground, though. He holds my gaze, the intensity making my stomach bottom out.

"Th-that's good," I say breathlessly. "Were there any problems along the wa-"

Bogdan's lips crash against mine. My mind goes blank. All I can hear is rush of blood pounding against my eardrums. What's going on? Maybe this is a mistake. Or a dream! Yes this must a dream, and any second now he will pull away from me and I'll wake up.

Bogdan's tongue slips into my mouth. It slides and pushes against mine, lightly fighting for dominance. Without breaking our kiss, his hands move along my back to guide me back on my feet. My legs whine in protest, and the aching stiffness in my joints is all the proof I need that is real.

I steady myself against his shoulders, sliding my arms around the nape of his neck. Every inch of him is chiseled perfection. His hand moves against the side of my face. It's a cool and formal touch, but there's a softness to it this time that makes it feel more real.

His index finger settles beneath my chin, and he angles my head to deepen our kiss. Every one of my senses is heightened. It's like I'm hyper aware of everything, including Bogdan's free hand which is now settling around my hip. His fingers dig into my skin, and I moan softly at the pain. It's a possessive and demanding type of touch, and I can't get enough of it.

My hips reflexively rub against his. The bulge straining beneath his pants is big enough to put mine to shame. Bogdan lowers his other hand to my waist. He pushes my back against the wall and pins me there. I struggle to breathe against the weight of his body, his kiss overpowering and never ending.

I'm too wrapped up in the moment to realize my next mistake. I break the kiss and gasp for a breath of air. My fingers intertwine with a fistful of Bogdan's hair, and I guide his lips to the base of my neck. Like the other men who have kissed me here before, I expect to feel his lips gently run along my tender flesh.

Instead I feel the tips of pointed teeth grazing against my vein. My eyes snap open, and I try backpedaling, but there's nowhere for me to go. What was I thinking? I'm trapped. My breathing becomes choppy and erratic. I should be pushing him away from me. I should be fighting what's about to happen with every bit of strength I have to offer.

But I can't.

It's almost as if the portion of my brain that registers fear is frozen. I can feel the emotions, but I can't act on them. Even though I know I should try to escape, having him this close to me is intoxicating. My mind is woozy from his smell. From his taste. On some dark, macabre level, I want him to do it. I want him to feed from me, to taste me and become consumed by me just as much as I am consumed by him.

His teeth press deeper against my skin. I wince at the pain but don't stop him. He's so close to breaking my flesh and tapping my vein...

But then he's gone.

I blink in confusion, glancing around the foreign room and trying to catch my breath. We're in a modernly decorated living room, one that reeks of overpriced, stale perfume. Picture frames line the walls in an elaborate pattern, but all of them are empty.

There are no couches or chairs. Instead there's a fancy throw rug that takes up the majority of the floor. It's a plush purple with golden tassels all along the edge. A few throw pillows are gathered near the middle, each of them matching the color scheme of the rug.

"B-bogdan?" I whisper.

Silence. I shiver and take a step away from the wall. The feel of his hands and his kiss still dance across my skin, now just whispers of a stolen moment.

"I told you not to push me, human."

My head whips in the direction of his voice, but he's still nowhere to be seen. The double timbre of his words echo throughout the vaulted ceilings. I swallow hard and my eyes dance to the stairs, trying to find where he is.

"I'm sorry," I say hesitantly. "I wasn't trying to push you. I just wanted more."

More silence greets my confession.

I can't hear his breathing or his movement. I can't even feel his eyes on me. I don't feel anything. My legs give out and I slump down to the ground. It was stupid to let him kiss me. He warned me not to push him, and there I was, just adding more fuel to the fire.

"Bogdan?" I whimper. "Please."

I'm scared.

Normally when Bogdan is around I can feel his presence. Now I can't feel anything. I lick my lips, looking around the room in desperation.

From the corner of the room, a sullen shadow slowly emerges. I take a step forward in relief but then stop. The vampire moving towards me looks possessed. His eyes are black and glow with an unearthly type of darkness. Elongated fangs glisten against the overhead light. The desire pulsing through me turns to dread, and after another beat of silence passes, the vampire lets out a sinister laugh.

It's not Bogdan.

It's the vampire from the University.

He strides are long and purposeful. I stutter out Bogdan's name, wondering how I heard his voice just a moment ago but now he's gone. Did he set me up? Is that why he brought me here? Tears sting my eyes, and I watch in horror as the menacing vampire approaches me.

There's nowhere to run.

There's nowhere to hide.

His hard fingers slide around my wrist, tightening like a sinister vice. Memories from the day of the attack flash before my eyes – the way he sucked the life out of so many humans. The fresh, bright blood staining his lips and teeth. He smiles down at me, tilting his head in satisfaction.

"Hello Nirv," he whispers. "We meet again."

__________________________________________________________

A/N:  Pffft.  Where's a trusty vampire when you need one, am I right?

C'mon Bogdan.  Step it up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211 2 2
Hey guys, so this is a bit of a "differnent" fanfic, I'll leave a note at the beginning so you'll see. Enjoy ^-^
269K 16K 43
It was gentle at first, tender little pecks, before Fionn embedded his fingers into Dante's hair. The vampire tugged Fionn flush against his body as...
214 31 17
'This world is sick. And we are nothing more than mere symptoms.' Over four centuries ago the sun set - and never rose again, plunging the world into...
886K 26.5K 24
Baine is a normal vampire. He works at his sire's club The Vampire's Kiss as a bartender and does not wish for anything more in life. That all change...