Fantasies 2

By 400_SoKold

It's been five months since Mr. and Mrs. Bridges have tied the not. A fresh new beginning for the two, starts... More

0_1
0_2
0_3
0_4
0_5
0_6
0_7
0_8
0_9
0_10
0_12
0_13
0_14
0_15
0_16
0_17
0_18
0_19
0_20
0_21
0_22
0_23
0_24
0_25
0_26
0_27
0_28
0_29
0_30
0_31
0_32

0_11

6.7K 346 118
By 400_SoKold

Reed.

I enter the house, sighing in relief while dropping my belongings. It's been another long day at the office and to say I'm beat is a understatement, I'm exhausted. I flick on the light in the kitchen, opening the refrigerator to get me something to drink. Water seems the best decision right now. That's all we really have and the liquor is Darius', not that I was going to drink that anyway. 

I hear the bedroom door open, furrowing my eyebrows to Darius all dressed up with a fresh cut. His famous Polo cologne hitting my senses as he grabs his keys. He enters the kitchen and takes the two long Wine and Spirit bags off the counter, not even acknowledging my presence. I've been gone all day, and he's just going to act like he doesn't see me? What the hell is his problem?

"Well hello to you too." I greet with attitude. Darius turns around with a confused look on his face. I could tell he was just trying to be funny but I wasn't laughing.

"Oh, you finally noticed a nigga huh? I thought my ass was invisible." He scoffs and laughs, shaking his head. I raise one brow and lower the other.

"What are you talking about?" I question irritably.

"Nothing. Are you coming, or are you gone sit home and play on that damn iPad all night like you always do?" He questions fixing his watch on his wrist. I jolt my head back caught completely off guard.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me De. You coming or not?" He questions dryly. I cross my arms across my chest, tilting my head to side with a straight face.

"No. I'll stay home and play on my got damn iPad all night like I normally do." I retort, rolling my eyes as I storm to our bedroom. I flop down on the bed, watching Darius walk pass the room while shrugging his shoulders. The front door slams and I get up, traveling over to the window. It's dark but I can see him get in the back of the truck, Jarvis driving right off. 

I don't know what's Darius' problem all of a sudden. This attitude for no got damn reason is making me sick and it's been going on for days now. As I take a seat in the cushion windowsill, I retrieve my phone out my jean jacket and unlock it. I call up Nivea to see what she's doing tonight. I don't want to be in this big ass house by myself.

"Hello?" Nivea answers, laughter and conversation filling the background. I furrow my eyebrows confused. Did this heifer go out without me?

"Hello!" Nivea sings in irritation.

"Hey where are you?" I question, looking back out the window.

"At the place waiting for you and Darius, where are y'all?" Nivea questions.

"Y'all? I'm at home, he just left like five minuets ago." I explain. Nivea begins to laugh with someone and then continues to our conversation.

"Oh shit, and what do you mean you're home? You not celebrating your husband's birthday at Next Restaurant? Please don't tell me you forgot this man's birthday?" Nivea says in a warning tone.

"Today is not his birthday." I argue in assurance.

"It is his birthday Deanda. It's March the sixteenth which is two days before my birthday. I know my best friend's born day, our moms use to throw us parties the day in between to celebrate both." I put Nivea on speaker, going to the calendar on my phone. Right under today's date it says, Darius' 27th birthday at Next Restaurant. I hang up the phone, and throw my head back in shame. The tears just forming into my eyes.

No wonder the man has an attitude with me, I woke up this morning and took my shower and got dressed. I didn't fix his breakfast, I didn't wake him and tell him happy birthday. It slipped my mind, well honestly it wasn't on my mind. Getting to work was all I've been thinking about. 

I sigh heavily, not knowing if I should show up to this dinner or not. I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't. I know showing my face is the right thing to do. If I didn't, that would be even worst. Entering the bathroom, my phone goes off. It's a text from Nivea so I open my phone to see what the messages says.

Nivea: Do you want me to come meet you?

Me: Please.

After sending the message, I look through my options of clothing. It's a lot to choose from but I don't want over do it. After all it's D's birthday, not mine. I decide on the satin dark purple spaghetti strapped dress with heels to match. It's a good thing I shaved my legs because the slits come up to mid thigh. I can't try to look cute and my legs on Yeti status.

I take a fifteen minute shower, and get out after. I dry off and grab my lotion, hearing the door bell. I text Nivea where the spare key is, slipping the dress over my head. Nivea enters the room with a brush and flat iron. After putting on my heels, I sit up and Nivea does my make up and hair. When done, I retrieve my lite fur coat and leave out with Nivea right behind me. 

I get in the back of the town car that Nivea arrived in, looking out the tinted window. Once she gets in, Hemmy takes off as the ride is silent. I'm starting to think Nivea's upset with me too or maybe I'm just tripping. I tend to do that sometimes.

We arrive at Next Restaurant and Heemy pulls up around back. Nivea gets out and I follow behind. The door man opens the door for the both of us and I witness the long table of guest. Everyone seems to be having a good time, my mother and Keith talking amongst themselves. I feel like I don't belong here, maybe because I feel bad.

I make my way over to Darius. Gerald, Vaughn, King and Tamika all sitting near him. When Tam sees me, she moves over making everyone scoot down as well. I remove my jacket and sit next down to Darius. He slightly smiles and I smile back that's all that really happened.

He didn't say anything really. I was silent and so was he. The waiter came and sat our meals in front of us, something that Darius already had laid out. I didn't notice until now that he ordered my favorite. It's clear I was on his mind, but he wasn't on mine sadly. Darius and I definitely need to talk, a long one too with nothing held back. It's clear we both need to get some things off our chest. Lord knows I do.

~•~

We enter the house and I travel to the kitchen, grabbing the white wine out the cabinet. It's the only thing I can really hold down because the hard liquor I can't drink anymore. I pour two glasses and sit them on the table, taking off my jacket and laying it on the back of the chair.

I point to the seat across from me for Darius to sit. He didn't look to enthused with me, but he did as told. He takes a seat and I do as well, crossing my legs over and take a sip of my wine. Once sitting the glass down, I lick the remaining substance off my lips in deep sighs.

"We need to talk." I tell him.

"I agree we do." He says.

"So do you want to start first, or am I?" I question.

"I am. What's up with you working all these hours and ignoring me?" He questions with furrowed brows.

"I told you it's a lot that needs to be done at the office Darius. You know that. It's not new or something that just came out the blue, and I haven't been ignoring you. Don't try and pull that bull." I shake my head as in not true.

"That's bullshit De and you know it. Since this new remodeling shit down at the job, I don't seem to exist. Well let me put it this way, I exist but I'm not in your damn to do list. I ask you if you want to hang with me or go on a vacation. Your answer is always, I have to work. It's mid March g and draft season with practice and whatever else, starts back in August. Yet you rather sit behind a desk and be a boss instead of being a loving wife." Darius summarizes. I shake my head in amusement.

"You laughing but I'm telling the truth. I put you before everything but I don't get that treatment in return."

"Now you lying." I defend screw faced.

"I'm not lying. When I'm out with my niggas and you call me about something you want or need, I'm right there. It might not be as fast as you want it but I'm the fuck there. Now lie and say I don't." He retorts with base in his voice. I think about the couple times he actually dropped things and came right to my aide. I could even argue on that.

"Exactly." I drink the last of my wine, pouring another quarter glass full. I wasn't trying to argue so I'm trying to calm my nerves.

"I gave up a life for New York for you." I clarify.

"Oh my God. Lord forgive me for using your name in vain! We're not talking about sacrifices Deanda. We're talking about how I don't fit in your got damn schedule!" He exclaims standing to his feet. I knit my eye brows and tilt my head.

"Ima need you to calm down." I tel him.

"I am calm, as bout as calm as I'll ever be. I'm tired of being put second in your life yo." He mumbles, stepping to our room. I scoot my seat back and follow behind him, taking my glass of wine with me.

"You're tired well I'm tired too." I tell him, hitting my thigh in irritation.

"Well maybe if you sit your ass down and relax, you won't be the fuck tired. Problem solved." He shrugs, taking off the jacket to his suit.

"I wasn't talking about that."

"Then what are tired of Deanda!" He exclaims turning toward me.

"Trying to make you happy!" I retort, throwing the glass against the wall. The wine spilling all over the painted wall, the sheetrock chipping. Darius looks at me as if I'm crazy, but I hold my own from popping off even more than I just did.

"I've gone through so much stress Darius, with trying to make you happy. You want a family, for your legacy to live on but I can't give you that. I was told years ago that I can't get pregnant. I've tried the pills, dieting, not drinking and needles. None of them seem to be working, so I came to that acceptance. Because of my first miscarriage and my two abortions, I can't get pregnant." I explain to him. He shakes his head in disbelief, making his way to the closet.

"Nah. We got other options." He assures.

"Yea a surrogate and adoption." I tell him while following him around.

"No. We'll see if it's other-" I cut him off getting irritated.

"I'm not taking anything else okay! I did my research on this hormone shit. It's not good as everyone believes it is and I'm not doing this shit no more. You don't have to worry about doing all this damaging shit to yourself, but I do! You can make love to me and then go on about your business. I however have to stick myself, pop pills, go on a diet, stop drinking and take a got damn test every two fucking weeks! And I know what the answer will be every got damn time, negative. Why can't you get that through your head!" I sob, pushing him to the side. I remove my dress, dressing in tights and a t-shirt.

"If you had a problem with it, why didn't you say shit in the beginning?!"

"Would it have mattered? If I did or didn't?" I question turning toward him. Darius doesn't say anything which made it clear that he would suggest anything to get me to have a baby.

"Yes it would have mattered Deanda. I would of told you to stop taking the shit if you thought it wasn't helping." He admits.

"But you didn't!" I sob. Darius steps toward me, the vein exposing through his skin. I back away in fear jumping when he places both his hands on either side of me. I look in his eyes as he looks at mine, but he wasn't showing me anger. It was more along the lines of hurt, the tears just brewing in his eyes as well.

"And you don't fucking say anything until just now! How am I suppose to know that you're stressed while going through the process, if you don't say shit?! Huh! You think you're the only one hurt? I'm hurt too g! How do you think I feel when I make love to you, and every two weeks the test come out negative? You're not the only one stressed g, we're both the hell stressed!" I push him out my face, moving around him and slip my feet into my Timb's.

"Everything is not about Deanda." He croaks.

"I never said it was Darius."

"There is yo. I this, I that, what the fuck about us De?" I slam the draw, turning on my heel while leaving out the room.

"Where you going? This is what wanted right? You wanted me to argue back like your last niggas hmm? A quick stroll down memory lane?" I shake my head in disgust, grabbing my keys. I put on my jean jacket as Darius calls me and I ignore him. I slam the door behind me, feeling the cold rain touch my skin in certain spots.

I hop in the Porsche, cranking it up as the pouring rain pats against my window in a waterfall. Darius standing right at the door while leaning up against the frame. My phone automatically syncs to the Bluetooth as I grip the steering wheel, laying my head against the plywood of it.

The argument playing like a slide show in my head. I put the car in reverse, whipping out of the drive and turning on my windshield wipers. I ignore the call, taking an hour drive.

Once arriving to the place, I park in the driveway and grab my overnight bag out the backseat. My purse and phone out the passenger as well. The rain had finally slowed up to a drizzle. It made the air cooler though, I know exiting this car I'm going to feel the chill. 

I hop out and throw my bags over my shoulder, closing and pressing the lock key to my keypad. Traveling the stone path to the entrance, I wipe my tears in a sniff and ring the doorbell. The normal ringing of the bell sounds through the mansion. I knew this was the only place I could go to clear my mind, also to talk and get my mind right. I see the light flick on and a shadow move behind the stained glass.

"Deanda? What are you doing here, it's two o'clock in the morning." Amethyst says, closing her robe.

"I know. Darius and I got into a huge argument and I needed someone to talk too. You're the first person that came to mind." I shrug innocently. She sucks her teeth in sympathy, furrowing her brows in awe as she opens the door wider to let me in. I enter in deep sighs, looking around her large estate. I've been here plenty of times, but every time I come here it amazes me.

Amethyst tells me to go have a seat in the living room, while she makes her way to the kitchen to make us tea. It's funny because that's what I'm going to be spilling a lot of. 

I sit on the couch while hearing my phone buzz, it's calls and texts from Darius. I text him back telling him I need space, after that I didn't receive anything. I don't know how to feel about this situation, but I know it's different. It's different for me because I've never seen that side of Darius. Ever.

~•~•~•~ 

Bridges.

Turning over, I reached over to Deanda's side of the bed. I open my eyes in deep sighs seeing her side of the bed is empty. Just like it was last night. I couldn't sleep, because what happened shouldn't of never happened. De and I could of sat down and talked over our problems, but nah. We had to act like fools. I acted like the fool rather because I was one that started it. 

I sit up and run my hands down my face, hearing my phone buzz in the text notification sound. It's the same text that Deanda texted me last night but I didn't respond. There was no need to. She said she needed her space and I totally understood. As I swing my feet to the side of the bed, I throw the covers back while standing to my feet. 

After using the bathroom, I took a long shower and brushed my teeth afterward. Once done getting dressed my phone rang and I looked to see its Tam. Contemplating on whether or not to answer, I answered. Probably just want to hang like old times.

"Hello." I clear my throat, picking up the clothes off the floor and sitting them in the hamper.

"Hey, you weren't sleep were you? I would hate to interrupt."

"Nah. I've been up for like an hour, what's up?" I sigh, putting the phone on speaker. I sit it down on the nightstand and begin to make the bed.

"Breakfast at Starbucks? Say in about thirty?" She cheerfully questions. I laugh and nod while fluffing the pillows.

"Yea. The one on the ave?"

"Yep. I have somewhere to be later, and it's just little old me. Everybody else is out and about, my son is with my parents. If you're busy then-"

"Um, listen right now is not really a good time. Maybe another time Tam." I flop down on the edge of the bed, scratching my forehead.

"Ok, if you change your mind though. Just give me a call." I nod and hang up, looking around the empty room. Sitting here in this empty ass house is not going to make anything the hell better. I'm also not running behind Deanda. For one she's a grown ass woman and if she wishes to have space then I have to give that wish. I decide to call Tamika up and let her know I'll be there. Sitting here in the house will be nothing but remembrance of last night.

After dressing into some socks, I put on some Jordan's and grab my keys. Making my way out the door, I lock the door behind me. Can't be too careful around these parts. I hop in my car and crank up, driving off around the fountain to the gate.

After punching in the code, the gate opens and I began my journey on downtown. I get there after a hour ride, and Tamika is standing at the entrance. I park and get out, paying for the parking meter.

"Well if it ain't Mr. D. Bridges." Tamika teases. I laugh and put the ticket on the dash inside.

"Where my check at?" Tamika raises an eyebrow, licking her lips.

"What check?"

"You ain't heard gur?" The southern accent returning. Tamika crosses her arms across her chest, shaking her head no with a smirk.

"Well let me catch you up to date. Every time my name is mentioned, I get a check. So where my money at?"

"Darius. Now you know I'm all about the money. You want a check? I can write off your mortgage nigga, ask about me." She sasses, turning on heel.

"Eyes off the booty." She snaps her fingers and I shake my head, following behind her to the entrance.

"Ain't no body looking at your ass." I truthfully tell her.

"So you a fruit in the loom too? Damn, must be something catching." She says, looking around the blue sky. I burst in laughter, mushing her head as we enter Starbucks. We basically cut the line because the fans let us go and order what we wanted. I'm not sure what I want, so whatever she got to eat I ordered the same. 

Just a different coffee. We sit at a table, say our grace and begin to eat after. I take off the wrapper to my blueberry muffin, biting into it. Tamika covers her mouth in laughter. I guess she thought I was going tear pieces off like she does, but no.

"So you really gone eat like that in front of all these people?" I nod and chew.

"Mhmm. I don't sugar coat shit, this is the real me. You trynna be all cute and fancy with a fork and knife. Naw you gotta just dive in like you hungry." I tell her. Tamika bursts into laughter as I bite off my muffin and laugh. I'm dead ass though.

"I mean, I eat my pizza like this." She shrugs.

"Chicken too?" I chuckle. She frowns and laughs, causing me to shake my head. 

"I don't like my hands greasy." She whines.

"That's the beauty of it. You take the chicken, and you and you grab it." Tamika shakes her head in laughter. I was doing my impression of Pops off Friday.

"You get on my nerves yo." She continues to eat and I do the same, sipping on my coffee.

"How's the clothing line going?"

"Good. I sold over two million dollars worth of clothing. My fans are asking me to design sneakers and heels now. I'm talking to a couple people, hopefully my ideas will be good enough." She mumbles, tearing off a piece of the food.

"Don't discourage it, you gone get it." I assure her. She smiles and sips out her straw, drawing her attention out the window.

"How's your charity going?" She questions looking back at me.

"It's good. We've raised over $30,000 for health insurance with people who don't have health coverage. You know it's a lot of people getting shot and all. Bullets have no name or age, and it's a lot of people struggling to pay medical bills because of that. So I'm trying to give them hope you know?" Tamika nods in understanding.

"What is the goal?" She questions.

"The goal is to hit one million, or at least $500,000."

"That's big money."

"I know but all of it is worth it." I explain. After eating and talking some more, Tamika and I both went our separate ways. She has some business to take care of. I thought I wouldn't talk or ask. Her business is her business and that's that.

I hop in my car seeing G wants to hang. I guess I should see what's up with him since I have nothing else to do. I might as well see what's up. After a long ride, I pull up in his drive way and hop out seeing him step out the door as well. We dap hands when I come to his entrance, and enter his house. He's still living in the same place, morning traffic was hard to dodge though.

"What up homie." I say as I take a seat on his couch. 

"What's up man, I got something to tell you." He says, sitting on the coffee table in front of me.

"What's up man?"

"Well, remember when we were talking about moving? You know getting drafted and all?" I nod as he sighs and shakes his head.

"Man, well because of winning the city a championship and all that good shit. Miami Heat wants to draft me." He mumbles shaking his head.

"Well how much are they offering you?"

"4 million dollars for a two year contract." He says. My eyes bulge.

"And how much are the Bulls offering to keep you?"

"2 million."

"Nigga sign that contract for Miami." I tell him. G shakes his head no, hanging his head.

"I can't just leave for Miami man, Chicago is my life."

"Ok but you can live up a better life in Miami on that four million dollars." I assure him in amusement.

"That's all good, but I have a life that I can't just pick up and leave." He sighs.

"And what is that?" 

"Sabrina man, she's pregnant and it's mine. We took the test." He said a little unhappy about it.

"I want to sign the deal, but I have to talk to Sabrina first. It would be good money for all three of us, but I doubt she'll want to work shit out. After all I did to her, cheating and shit. Hopefully we can put that all in the past and start thinking what's best for the child. Providing for my son or daughter is all I'm worried about." G informs. I have to say Kilm must of knocked some damn sense into Gerald literally, or this man is really using his head. 

It's crazy how everyone is settling in, and growing families while I'm just sitting here. Certain things the homies want advice on, I can't even give because I never experienced it. The only thing I'm ahead is marriage, G and Vaughn have families and they're not married. Maybe I should let things flow with Deanda and I, and stop trying to force things. It's hurting the both of us and De doesn't need that stress. We seen what happens if that was to happen again.

~•~•~•~

Reed. 

"Deanda. Your phone is ringing. You gone answer it?" My father questions irritably. I flag it off and turn over in the recliner chair. I gave his nurse the weekend off since I didn't have anywhere else to go. My mom has Keith living with her, Nivea already has her hands fool and that only leaves my father's place where I can get some peace and quiet. 

I'm barely getting that because I have to take care of my father. I should be home working out things with my husband but this right here should give both of us time to think things over. I take my ringing phone and turn it to complete silence. No ringing or vibration will be heard, that's not good for my father to hear all that. He needs his rest.

"Is that, that husband of yours?" My father questions.

"No." I retort groggily.

"I don't like him, but you need to talk to that man." My father says, smacking on his food. I flag him off and turn away from him, pulling the covers up to my neck.

"Don't flag me. I'm serious. It's clear that man loves you and will do anything for you. Life is too short De." He assures.

"You just want me out of your house. That's what that is." I mutter.

"You damn right. When you left at eighteen, you said you was never coming back again. Now look at you, seven years later an-an-an-and you back under my roof." I laugh lowly at his stutter seeing my phone light up. A notification from one of my social medias. I unlock my phone, rolling my eyes to the picture of Darius and Tamika. 

I mean this shit doesn't even phase me, because it's obvious they're are friends and nothing more. None of the pictures that were taken are intimate, people just don't have lives and love to stir shit up forreal.

I lock my phone back, thinking on what my father said. It's true that Darius will do any and everything for me. I need to stop pushing him away and give him all of my attention. Another bitch can take him away from me faster than a snap of someone's fingers. The way shit went down the other night should of nerve happened. We should of been able to talk like two adults. We'll figure it though.

Deanda and Darrius first real dispute. What are your thoughts?

Tamika and Darius bond?

G wanting to go to Miami but knows Sabrina will disagree. Thoughts?

Hardrick being funny and yet talking the truth. How do you feel about his advise?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.8K 243 43
⚠️ I Don't own these characters DICK WOLF owns them there may be some that I added ⚠️ Love at first sight but will they be able to be together becaus...
132K 4.5K 61
//My Works #11: She fell in a love with a killer. But couldn't seem to let that old love go... Published: December 7th, 2020 Completed: December 24t...
349 7 21
After waiting for two years finally Care Davidson's boyfriend returns home. Will they have a happy ending or will this tale of love take a new twist.
297K 15K 60
They've been through it all. Can they finally be happy or will it be a never ending battle. Just remember Love Conquers All! Read It Was A One Nigh...