Her Bite Sucks |✔

By danivalla54

Highest rank #88 in 10/29/16 *not edited* She was the most popular among women kind. She could make any man d... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
Characters
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
**********
48
49
50
Epilogue

30

88 23 54
By danivalla54

Ryan's POV~

I was sitting by myself reading a book in the library progressing all what happened when I was in Mrs. Trinity's office. I had a huge wait on my shoulders now thanks to my mother and my principal. Who knew vampires were among us all this time? To get a better understanding on my new life, I grabbed a book on all about vampires. Though it wasn't helping me.

Sappy vampire romance was all I was getting.

I rested my chin on my hand when a shadow loomed over me.

"Mind if I sit next to you?"

I slowly looked up only to hold back my heart from leaping in joy. Her piercing blue eyes glowed and a beautiful smile crossed her pink lips. I dropped my book and couldn't stop gawking at her.

"K-Kendra..." I smiled ear to ear.

"Um well if you say so." She smiled back and sat next to me.

My eyes wondered everywhere in search of Cody but he was nowhere in sight. I actually had Kendra all to myself.

"So what brings you to me?" I gave her a smug smile.

"I just thought you needed company."

"No Cody?"

"Um no." She scrunched her brows together.

"I'm glad not." I was feeling greedy all of a sudden. I just didn't want to compete with Cody after all. This was actually the closest I ever gotten to her. Without thinking twice I rested my hand on top of hers. She flinched a little but let my hand rest on hers. We both looked up and smiled at each other.

"How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Great." I replied honestly. I was in cloud nine just sitting next to her.

"Well I got to go." She slowly took her hand away from mine.

"So soon? To where?" My heart dropped. "Cody? Kendra why him?" I knew I was being selfish but I couldn't stand just watching her go to the arms of someone else. Especially from someone who was way better than me. All of my life I've been treated like worthless shit and Kendra was the first to actually not judge me. I pleaded with my eyes but she gave me a nervous glance and hurried off.

"See you soon Ryan." She called back, grabbed a random book from a shelf, and disappeared out from the doors of the library.

She knew my name...

I jumped up from my seat and started to jump up and down, dancing to myself.

"Ha! She remembers my name!" I yelled from the top of my lungs in joy. "She freaking knows it!"

"SHHHH!"

I froze as everyone's eyes were on me and a very angry librarian pointed me the exit door.

"Sorry." I whispered.

*****

Prom is just two nights away and the least I could do is look good for that night. Not that I'm not good looking already. Now more than ever I was ready to impress Kendra with all my charm. And now that I was closer to her...this will just be easy peasy lemon squeezy. After school, I got inside my parent's room and started to search in my father's closet. There just had to be something extravagant in his closet. I search in through all of his suits until my eyes caught in something way over in the back. A nice black suit hung displaying all of its sleekness.

"I'm just going to borrow this and... Oof!"

Just when I turned around I bumped into something.

Actually someone.

"Ryan Jonathan Edenfield."

I groaned as my father blocked my path with his arms crossed over his chest.

He had to use my middle name.

"Give me that!" He snatched the suit away from my hands. Ever since my mother's confession, he has been crankier than ever.

"Can I just borrow it?" I huffed. "Its been stored like for what? Fifty years?"

"It's not that old. My father hung it back. "It's just as old as you."

"Well what's it doing just here? Can't I just borrow it for one night?"

"Why are you so calm?" My father turned around and glared at me, clearly changing the topic.

"What's wrong with being calm?"

"That's just it. You shouldn't be. Have you forgotten there is a freaking vampire out loose in the streets?" My father flapped his arms and pulled me out from the closet. He slightly shoved me making me fall back on his bed.

"That's my mother you are talking about." I defended her.

"Can't you see we are all in risk?" He paced around the room, ruffling his hair in frustration.

"How are we in risk?"

"What's with you and questions?!" He smacked me on the back of my head. "You know what? Out!" He pointed me to the door.

"But-"

"Out NOW!"

Before I could say anything else, he grabbed me by the arm and threw me out from his room. He slammed the door in my face, leaving me to progress what in the world was all of that for. Downstairs I could hear the front door opening. Ignoring my father's behavior, I ran down stairs to see my mother trying to stealthily close the door behind her.

"Mom?"

She quickly turned back and there was shock all over her face.

"R-Ryan," She gave a nervous smile. "What are you doing here?"

"Um this is where I live?" It came out more like I questioned myself.

"Oh um that's good well how was school sweetie?"

"Um good. Mom are you okay?" I cocked an eyebrow.

"Why of course dear I just need to rest that's all. I'll be in my room."

"Father is in there."

"Cross that out I'll be in the guest room." She stood up straight and sped walk down the hallway.

There was so much questions I wanted to ask her but I didn't want to spoil the moment. For the first time she didn't beat me up or threatened me with her words. It actually felt kinda nice.

"Ryan who was that?" My father growled from upstairs.

"Mom. Why?"

"Get lost!" He spat. He ran down the stairs skipping steps and chased after my mother down the hallway.

Whatever fly bit my dad, I didn't want to find out.

I shrugged it off and decided to pull out my phone to see a text message. At first I thought it was Sammy but then I realized it was from an unknown number.

"Either Sammy changed her number or...."

My heart stopped as I figured out who it was from.

Unknown number: Ryan will you go out with me for Prom? ~Kendra xx

"Heck ya I will!" I was about to reply when another text came in.

Sammy: Ryan don't be angry :(

"Angry on what?" I mumbled as I remembered she was the one mad at me for no reason. Last time I recalled it was her fault I went to the office. She made me lose my attention in class just because she just didn't understand me.

One by one, Sammy was spamming my phone with notifications. Sorry this and sorry that. All of her messages were basically that she missed me and was sorry for ignoring me. If she was angry with me earlier then so was I now. I was about to block her when one of her text caught my attention.

Sammy: Go with me to Prom?

She's been my friend since forever. She didn't support me when I joined the football team  so I was going to be slightly more different to her.

I looked down to my phone and texted back.

Ryan: Yes I will.

Though it wasn't to Sammy.

I ignored my whole life with the weird parents and all the vampire stuff to enjoy the one special moment of my life.

I'm going to Prom alright.

With Kendra Scott.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 5.4K 44
Valerie Johnson, a 13 year old girl struggling with mental health. Her mother, Madison Johnson. Does not believe in mental health, her mother is very...
69 4 4
Melinda : We both had issues. I never knew his. I always thought he was so far up in his ass that he didn't see the issues I was caring around but s...
1.8K 394 55
Unedited version. Heart ache, Love, Friendship and betrayal. Nadine lived a life with fantasy in her mind. She loved to read books and her life was g...
6.5K 489 44
If he had known danger, death and vampires would follow, he would have asked for disownment. *** Jesse Parker was never particularly close to his fa...