Fell In Mystic Falls | TVD [1]

By niailz

[COMPLETE] Edited as of: 3rd August 2021 ❝I've made many mistakes in my life but this will never be one of t... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
Epilogue
Sequel
100K READS

034

10.8K 301 56
By niailz

Thirty-Four | When Things Don't Go To Plan

I grumbled as I opened my tired eyes, they were heavy from crying the night before. I quickly noticed that I wasn't in my own bedroom. I quickly sat up in fright, scanning around, not familar with my surroundings at all.

"Hey. You're all right." Kol's voice said behind me.

I felt him press his hand comfortingly against my back. He was sitting beside me. I turned to him, confused. He gave me a small, warm smile, "Welcome to my room."

"How did I get here?" I asked, sitting close beside him.

"Last night I heard Stefan coming into your room. You were asleep and it'd been a long day, I didn't want him to bother you." Kol said, "I also didn't want to leave you alone, so I brought you here."

I smiled at him, "Thank you."

"You don't have to keep thanking me, darling." He said, gently stroking my cheek with his fingers.

"I do." I responded with another grateful smile. I scanned around his room, "I expected a more decorated room, maybe some Spice Girl posters."

"I was more of a folk music kinda guy." Kol joked with a smirk.

I laughed, "Of course."

I could hear voices downstairs. I listened in, while I watched Kol grab a shirt from the chair beside the bed and put it on.

"Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me." I heard Rebekah say. I furrowed my brows, confused. Alaric was dead, wasn't he?

"Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead." Klaus replied.

"Well, he's not and he's a vampire thanks to mothers spell, with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong, Nik. Too strong." Rebekah told him.

My head shot up looking at Kol, "What?"

"Where is he now?" Klaus asked his sister.

"He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now." Rebekah warned.

I shot out of bed and headed towards the door. Kol vamp ran infront of me, "Where are you going?"

"Didn't you hear them? I have to see this for myself." I replied.

Kol shook his head, "No. I will not let you put yourself in danger."

"But it's Alaric, Kol." I frowned.

"Did you forget the time he tried to kill you?" Kol questioned, "Rebekah said he's too strong and if she can't take him, you're much younger, you can't."

"My heart is protected, remember?" I stated.

"You could still get hurt." He frowned, "There is always a way around spells and Alaric is going to be stronger than you. I'm not letting you see him."

"Fine." I sighed, giving in, "But I'm going to see Elena."

"Fine. I'll drive." Kol opened the door. Already wearing the same clothes as yesterday, I grabbed my shoes from the edge of the bed and headed out the door.

▂▂▂▂

I rang the doorbell of the Gilbert residence before I looked behind me to Kol, who was sitting in the car, watching me closely. I turned back around when Damon answered the door.

"Hey." I said. I glanced past him to see Bonnie and Stefan in the kitchen, "What are you all doing here?"

"Alaric -- " Damon began.

I interupted, "I heard."

"How?" Damon asked as I entered the house.

"He tried to kill Rebekah." I told him, making my way to the kitchen, "He's strong, very strong."

"Alright, so how do we kill him?" Stefan asked.

"I've been trying to figure that out. A witch can't truly make an immortal creature, there is always a way to undo a spell." Bonnie said.

Damon leant on the counter, "So, what's the witchy work around?"

"That's the problem." She shrugged, "I don't know."

"Where's Elena?" I asked.

"Upstairs. Don't bring up Alaric." Damon told me.

I nodded in response and headed towards the stairs. I made my almost to the top when I heard Elena say Alaric's name.

"Listen closely, I'm at the school, I have Caroline, and if you want to keep her alive, I need you to get in your car and come down here right away. If you tell anyone where you are going, I will kill her." I heard Alaric say.

I quickly ran down the stairs and saw a pile of Alaric's hunting gear shoved into a box near the door. I grabbed a stake and stuffed some vervain darts in my pocket. I vamp ran out of the house.

Kol had already driven away. I stood, hidden at the side of the house as Elena made her way out. I waited for her to leave completely before following after her.

▂▂▂▂

I was now inside the school. I could hear Elena's footsteps and I knew Alaric would sense or hear me, so I stayed well back in the school until I knew I could attack. I could just about hear them talking.

"Right on time." Alaric spoke.

"Caroline! Let her go, Alaric." Elena yelled.

"Free her yourself." Alaric replied.

After a few seconds I could hear Caroline's screams.

"You said that you would let her go!" Elena spat.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Elena? Stop trusting vampires." Alaric shouted.

They were talking for a while and I kept hearing Caroline moaning in pain. I crept closer to the classroom they were in while he was distracted.

"I thought I taught you better than that." Alaric said.

"You did." Elena replied.

I heard the smashing of glass and Alaric yelled in pain. Caroline rushed out of the room. I waited for Elena so I could grab her but she didn't come.

I took some vervain darts from my pocket and vamp ran towards the classroom. Someone grabbed me and vamp ran me back around the corner. I dropped the darts along the way.

"Kol, I could have got him!" I angrily whispered.

"No, you couldn't." Kol replied.

"How did you even find me?" I asked.

"I heard Elena on the phone, I knew you'd come here." He replied.

"He's got Elena." I frowned.

"Klaus is taking care of it. Go home." Kol said.

"Klaus is gonna take Elena for himself to make hybrids. I am not leaving." I told him.

"Damon and Stefan are coming too. Go home or I'll make you." Kol demanded.

I glared at him angrily and began walking in the direction of the classroom. He grabbed my arm, "Kol -- "

"We can either do this the easy way or the hard way, Cassie." Kol said. I glared at him and tried to walk away again. He grabbed my arm again, "Looks like its gonna be the hard way then, isn't it."

He picked me up and placed me over his shoulder, making sure I couldn't break free.

"Kol!" I angrily whispered and pounded his back with my fists.

▂▂▂▂

I sat on my bed, crossed legged, angrily staring at the wall infront of me. Kol was standing in the middle of the room, his arms were folded and he war staring at me sternly, keeping guard. I picked my phone up and started texting Meredith.

"What are you doing?" Kol asked.

"Texting." I said bluntly.

"Texting who?"

"Meredith." I said in the same tone.

From: You
To: Meredith

I know you're working but when you get home, lock the doors.
I'll explain everything soon just don't let anyone at all in.

"Would you stop being angry with me." Kol grumbled, "I did it to stop you from getting hurt."

I threw my phone on the bed next to me and sighed, "I'm not angry at you."

"Well, it appears you are." Kol responded.

I stood up, holding my fists down by my side, "I'm angry at the fact I could have stopped your mother from turning Alaric in the first place."

"You blame yourself for this?" Kol questioned.

"Of course I do." I stressed, "None of this would be happening if I had killed your mother the first chance I got."

Kol walked over to me, "This is not your fault, Cassie. You tried to save his life. The only person to blame for all of this is my mother."

I sighed, "She started all of this. Everything. And now she's dead. Death was far too easy of a punishment for her."

Kol gently held my face in his hands, "We'll fix this, I'll help you."

I looked up at him, "Nothing ever gets fixed, Kol. It just gets worse."

He softly pressed a kiss to my forehead before pulling me close to him.

My phone started ringing causing me to pull away from him and walk back to the bed. I picked it up and looked at Kol, who was staring at me in concern, "It's Caroline."

I answered it, "Hello?"

"Cassie, we're all round Elena's if you want to join us." Caroline said.

"Oh, uh, sure. Have you heard from her?" I asked.

"Klaus took her but Damon and Stefan got her out safe, they're bringing her home." She replied.

"Okay. I'm coming now." I said. I ended the call. I picked up my jacket from the end of my bed and walked towards Kol. I glanced up at him, "You're gonna chaperone me again, aren't you?"

"You know me well, Cassie." He replied, with a small smile. I exhaled and slightly smiled at how protective he was.

▂▂▂▂

I was standing in the Gilbert's kitchen with Bonnie, Jeremy, Tyler, Caroline and Matt. Bonnie had told me that she had stopped Klaus' heart, paralyzing him and then decayed his body.

It was already done so I couldn't stop it from happening. The only problem was the rest of the Original family finding out and how I was going to keep this from Kol. I mean I couldn't, he'd hate me.

I couldn't stand the thought of him hating me.

"We'll call you from the road, after we dump Klaus' body in the Atlantic." I heard Damon say from outside of the house. I drank from the glass of wine I was holding.

"Just... be careful. Both of you." Elena said. I heard two people walk down the steps before Elena walked through the door. She came into the kitchen, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Welcome to our victory party!" Caroline said loudly.

"What victory?" Elena asked, confused, "We failed. Alaric's still out there."

"We know, but we've been trying to get rid of Klaus forever, and Caroline convinced us to enjoy it for a night." Bonnie smiled.

Matt put his arm round Tyler, "You know, to be honest, I'm a little pissed none of you let me help you take down the Original Hybrid brother."

"Yeah, he would have taken you right down to the hospital, bro." Tyler said, causing me to laugh.

"Please, I'm more stealth than that. I'm like a ninja." Matt replied.

Tyler started pouring salt onto our hands as Jeremy chuckled, "Yeah, you wish."

"Here. You need this." Caroline said, handing Elena some tequila, "I heard. And you know that sooner or later, you're gonna have to choose, right?"

I realised she was talking about Stefan and Damon. Tyler walked over to Elena and poured salt on her hand, "Thank you for standing up to Klaus like that."

"Let's just say it's been a long time coming." Tyler replied.

Caroline nodded, "Way too long. All right, let's drink!"

Elena turned to Jeremy, "I do not condone this, by the way."

"You survived Klaus. All right, make an exception, you can go back to being responsible tomorrow." Jeremy replied.

Everyone raised their shot glasses but stopped when Tyler spoke, "Hang on. Do you guys hear that?" We all stayed quiet, listening. I didn't hear anything, "That is the sound of a Klaus-free life."

We all raised our shots, "To a Klaus free life."

Elena raised her glass, "And to all of you. My family."

But for some reason, a reason I couldn't put my finger on, it all felt wrong.

▂▂▂▂

A couple of hours later I walked into the bedroom that was once Alaric's, once Jenna's and once Elena and Jeremy's parents. Elena and Jeremy were both in there. Elena had a paintbrush in her hand.

"Hey. Everyone's left now." I told them, holding onto the doorframe.

"Okay." Elena replied.

"Look, I should go too, give you both some space. Will you be all right?" I asked, walking into the room.

"Yeah, yeah." Jeremy nodded.

"Alaric can't get in the house, but keep the door locked and don't answer it." I told them.

"We'll call you if we need you." Elena said.

I nodded, "Okay."

I started walking out the room but stopped when Elena called my name, "Cassie?"

I turned back around, "Yeah?"

She walked towards me, "Thank you."

"For what?" I asked.

"For everything you've ever done for us, for checking up on us." Elena replied.

Jeremy interupted, "And for always being there for us, keeping us safe."

"I will always protect you guys, you're like family."

▂▂▂▂

I was standing on the empty road staring at the mansion infront of me. After leaving the Gilbert house, I was planning on going back to the boarding house but somehow I ended up here instead. Was now the best time to speak to Elijah or was I supposed to wait a while longer?

His brother had just died and he didn't know. If that slipped out my mouth, I didn't know what he'd do, what he was capable of. I didn't know him. I heard a wisp of air and turned around.

"Hey, I've been looking for you." Kol said. My insides grew warm at how much he cared.

"Yeah, I was gonna..." I pointed to the mansion before exhaling, "Never mind."

He raised an eyebrow, "Talk to Elijah?"

"Yeah, I don't think now is a good time." I replied.

"Because of Alaric." Kol said.

I sighed, "And everything else."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Kol asked.

I stared into his eyes, right now all I wanted was him to be with me. I shook my head, "I just want to go home."

"Well, make sure you call me when you get there." He said.

I moved closer to him, "I was kinda hoping you would come with me?"

He looked at me in surprise, "Uh, sure."

▂▂▂▂

I snuck Kol into the boarding house, which was easier than I expected. It felt like a teenager, which I still was for the 150th year running, but you know what I mean.

I shut my bedroom door behind us. I just didn't want a million questions being thrown at me plus Kol and Damon didn't leave off on the best terms.

"So, did you want to talk about the past few days?" Kol asked.

I walked towards him, "No. I want to talk about us... I like you, Kol." He smiled, "All I've ever wanted is for someone to care about me, to be honest and I feel safe with you."

We were now standing inches apart. He smiled, "Cassandra Fell."

I smiled back, staring into his soft brown eyes, "Kol Mikaelson."

His face was getting closer to mine, "You are a real pain in the arse but I wouldn't change you one bit."

I smiled wide. He kissed me, holding my face in his hand. I kissed him back, my hands tangling themselves up in his hair.

I stopped kissing him and slowly unbuttoned his shirt. He smirked and pulled it off. His hands held either side of the sleeves of my dress and slid them down off my arms. My dress dropped to the floor. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him.

He held under my bum, hoisting me onto his waist. He kissed my neck and down my shoulder.

I threw my head back slightly, loving the feeling of his lips sucking my exposed skin. His lips made their way back to mine and I felt him start walking. I broke away from him when he tripped and fell backwards onto the bed. I laughed.

"I meant to do that." Kol smirked.

I smiled, "Of course you did."

Our lips reattached and we moved up to the head of the bed. I straddled his waist. He flipped us over and moved his hand down my body. I held my hand on his face, staring at him with a smile on my face.

It had been a long time since I felt this content. It was a different feeling to anything I could ever remember feeling.

I had loved Damon from the moment we met but that was as friends for a long while. Elijah and I were drunk the first time we kissed, I barely knew him and because he was the first after Damon, it felt strange.

This was different.

Kol made me feel something I hadn't felt for over one-hundred and fifty years. Wanted.

"You okay?" Kol asked.

"Yeah." I smiled at him, "Just thinking."

"There's always a lot going on in that pretty little head of yours." He said.

"What about yours?" I asked, playing with the back of his hair, "What are you thinking about?"

He smirked, "How I must have atleast done something right in life to be here with you."

I smiled widely and leant up, kissing his soft lips. He laid me back down on the pillows, our lips still attached as he ran his hand over my body. He kissed down my jaw line and my neck.

He kissed down my collarbone and onto my chest and then to my stomach. I closed my eyes enjoying every second of his lips.

He moved back up towards me, pressing his forehead against mine. I undid his belt and pressed my lips hard against his.

And then my phone rang. I didn't bother to move, I just wanted Kol. He flipped us over so I was on top. I kissed down his bare chest.

The phone rang again. I stopped kissing and looked at it on the bedside table. I groaned, "Ugh, seriously."

"Answer it, love, it might be important." Kol said.

I grabbed it off the side, still straddling Kol. It was Jeremy, "Jer, hey."

I began to kiss Kol's chest again.

"Elena's in hospital." He said. I quickly sat up.

"What?" I frowned, shocked, "What happened?"

"I found her passed out on the floor, blood coming from her nose. The only thing I could do was take her to hospital." Jeremy said, he sounded completely shaken up.

"Oh God, okay, I -- uh, I'm on my way." I replied. I ended the call, "Kol, I need to go."

"I understand, it's important." He said. I got off of him.

I grabbed my dress and pulled it over my head. I turned to Kol, "Will you take me?"

He smiled, putting his shirt back on, "Of course." Kol walked over to me and handed me my phone, "One day, we won't get interupted by all of this."

"And it'll be a bloody great day."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 134 18
It's been two months since I left Mystic Falls. I've spent two months with Klaus, my ancestor and captor, helping him find a werewolf pack for one p...
81.5K 1.1K 67
*The Vampire Diaries ReVamped* What if Stefan and Damon Salvatore have a sister? Mystal Salvatore is back in Mystic Falls and she has a past that eve...
113K 3K 24
[COMPLETE] Edited as of: 11th March 2019 ❝Sometimes the people we should fear the most, are the people closest to us. ❞ Third book in the Fell serie...
1.1M 27.7K 46
❝We choose our own path. Our actions, and our values, they define who we are.❞ If looks could kill, Lyssa and her twin sister, Elena Gilbert, would h...