Shatter ✔ #TheWattys2017

By Wowchilee

HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN WEREWOLF [[*COMPLETED*]] Nova is the daughter of a Beta. And her mate? The Alphas firs... More

➸ 1. Shattered Soul
➸ 2. Sorry
➸ 3. The Pull
➸ 4. Selfish
5. Heart❤
6. Damage
7. Sorrow
8. Homecoming
9. Twisting Knives
10. Skin
11. Matter
12. Desire
13. Home
14. Rules
15. Attack
16. Last Time
17. A Gift
18. Brother, Oh Brother
19. Lying Games
20. Eden
21. Pain
22. Agony
23. Intoxicated Lust
24. Disgrace
25. Savage☠
26. Loophole
27. Thrash
28. Beware
29. Instincts
30. Gracie
31. Night of Terror
32. Discovery
33. Alpha Conrad
34. The Meeting
35. Bitch Fight (literally)
36. Secrets (part 1)
37. Secrets (part 2)
38. Secrets (part 3)
39. Alpha Blood
41. Insidious
42. Heat.
*PRIVATE CHAPTERS*
43. Regrets
44. Broken
45. Proposition
46. Fire
47. Loose Ends
48. Runaway
49. Monster
50. Gone
51. Unsteady
52. Down We Go
53. Strong
54. Pack
55. Warrior
56. Beast - part 1
57. Beast - part 2
58. Alpha
59. Running With Wolves
60. Realities (re-edit)
61. In - Dependence
62. Free As A Bird
63. An Alpha's Command
64. Coming Home
65. Tongue Teeth & Claws
66. Heart & Soul
67. Painful Memories
68. Strength
69. Vicious
70. Undiluted Pleasure (MA)
71. Hot and Cold
72. United Front
73. New Beginnings
74. Scent
75. The Moon's Will
76. Prepare
77. Packs of Wolves
78. WAR p.1. (edited)
79. WAR p.2 (edited)
80. Bloody Meadow (word edit)
81. Gemini Moon ♊
82. Alive
83. Blessings
84. Death
85. Funeral
86. Letters || 86.2 Mates (additon)
87. Fireworks
88. The Change
89. Powers
90. Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde (edited / re-read new material)
91. Savior *[the finale]*
Epilogue I - "I Do"
Epilogue II. Birth-Daze
.:*Cover Contest Right Here!!!*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD. P2*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD P3*:.
Epilogue III - Winning
COVER FINALS!!!
Epilogue IV - All Grown Up
EXCITING NEWS ABOUT SHATTER!
[[rachelle]]

40. Two Roads Diverged

218K 8.7K 3.2K
By Wowchilee

etherral thank you so much for your message :)

I cant believe how much of you like my story! Shoutouts at the end. Look for your name!

Also thank you so much to those of you who comment and vote relentlessly. It means so much xD

------------------------------------------------------

Nova

"That BITCH!" I pulled at my hair, agression pulsating through my veins like acid.

"Nova. Calm down!"

I paused my pacing to send a glare Eden's way. "No Eden i cant. I can't calm down when Grace has gone to her 'daddy' to tell him our business and beg him to take her back! I just cant! Conrad said i should mark Zaryn! That's insane! They alllll need to leave. They gots to go." I crossed my arms, bobbing my head side to side with raised brows.

Eden flopped down onto her bed with a sigh.. she was discharged from Doc's while we were having the meeting.. or what i would like to call the skeleton exhibit. We were now in her cabin, worry free of the healer who was staying next to us because Anita was now down in the cellar.

My eyes snapped up. "Shit."

"What is it?" Eden frowned, leaning up on her elbows.

Closing my eyes, i ran a hand down my face in frustration. "I forgot about Anita being sent to the cellar.. that's where Deacon is..."

Just thinking of them in the same room made my blood hot.

Eden's bright green eyes turned serious. "Seriously? Nova that's not good.. well at least she's chain with silver. Isnt that what you said?"

"Yeah" i nodded in relief as she reminded me of things i was forgetting.

"Nova .. " eden stared pointedly at me. "I think you need to go talk to Zaryn. Before you go find your dad.. and  talk to Nic and your mom." She leaned forward in her oversized paramore band tshirt, giving me that occasasional motherly look.

"I know you've been dealing with a lot and you feel like your in a scooby doo mystery and you feel like they all need you.. but  whether or not you don't want to talk to Zaryn, you need to. Im totally on your side with everything.. he's a piece of shit for having stuck by Grace's side just because she is pregnant but go talk to him. Let him explain things because it will help you. Your wolf needs to be calmed because she's on edge.. i can sense her energy and its darker than yours. Just go, will you?" Her brows shot up in question.

Rolling my eyes, i haulted my pacing and let out an aggravated growl. "Yeah. I guess i need to.. I'll come by later okay? You sure you dont need anything?" I rose a brow at her as she shook her head smiling. Returning her smile only slightly dimmer.

As i opened the cabin door, i squealed.

Standing in front of me was Nic.. a forlorn look on his face. His hand was raised to knock.

"Nic! What are you doing here? You need to talk?" I stepped forward, concerned.

Nic's face flushed as he looked down to hia feet. "Actually.. i wanted to..  check on Eden. We can talk later." He glanced up sending me a small smile.

I rose a brow. He always hated Eden before she left. "Uh okay... talk to you later..."

Nodding, he strode past me as i got a whiff of cologne,  shutting the door as I scrunched my face up, looking back and forth from the door amd where he was just standing.

"Weird..." must be an oracle visit..

Shrugging it off, I left her cabin in the dark of night to go search for Zaryn, number one on my list since he would calm my wolf.

This made my eyes roll considering how much we both couldn't stand him right now... but she needs him to calm her.. the past three days have been so overwhelming, my wolf being gone for a little over 24hours.. all the mind boggling fiascos that have arrised.. i just need to be calm.. i just needed to soothe her. The skin side could wait but once my wolf was okay, then i could continue... find my dad.. figure out Grace's plans.. make sure Anita dies and Grace leaves never to return.. and to make sure my dad was okay.. that he would give mom a chance to explain. And that Deacon would be safe..

I didnt know how things would end considering i doubt Penelope was not very happy with the outcome.. finding out her mate has another son. A first born.. but my mom deserves a chance.

We all deserve a second chance.

Too bad i cant follow my own advice when it comes to Zaryn..

Zaryn.. and Nic.. i dont know who i want to take the alpha posotion.. If Zaryn took it.. it would still be complicated between everyone.. Grace could still have the pup and despite Z professing his love for me and saying he wanted to be with me...i just think its too late now. If Nic takes the position, Zaryn would hate him...he would wind up challenging him out of anger and lose- making himself an outcast or dying in the process... and Grace could very well sink her hooks into Nic.

Shes an alpha chaser..

Furious was an understatement at how i felt when Conrad popped in on our emotional reunion earlier... seeming rather amused with that signature smirk i wanted to knock off his face..

Having the audacity to tell me that i need to go ahead and mark my mate?!

Saying he would take Grace back.. get rid of the 'problem in her belly...' he's disgusting. Even Blake became angry over that comment.. whether he cant stand grace or not, his wolf still sees Grace as the vessel for his Alpha grandpup.

Nic had almost wolfed out on Conrad but you could see the wheels turning in his head. His wolf was thinking about his mate...

She was a dispicable one that one. The worst female aside from Anita i had ever met. I can't believe she ran to Conrad after everything he had said to her and begged him for a second chance! If the man that raised me as his daughter said those things to me, i would never forgive them. I would say good riddance.

I almost felt bad for her after her story..

Almost.

Finding out she had nothing to do with roping Zaryn into sleeping with her.. it was all Anita. That made me feel a little sympathetic but.. then i remembered she poisoned my best friend... making him bend to her will. Yeah she was under duress but still.. she could have said no. She thought she had no options but Blake would have taken her under his wing if she had just came to us in the first place with the truth

But no.. instead she wanted to be Luna of her pack and bag an Alpha but ill be damned if i let her become apart of my pack!

This could work out one of two ways... she has the pup.. if Zaryn gets the title of Alpha, Conrad will want Blake to meet his demands of land and females since Zaryn is refusing to mark her.. Blake would no doubt prepare for war.. or Zaryn would give in to her...

But if she has the pup and Nic becomes Alpha.. Nic's wolf wont be so inclined to take her after all of this. I hope. If he does... then that will make her Luna of two packs one day.. uniting us with theirs.

I wouldn't stay here for either one of those outcomes.

However if she loses the pup, which Conrad apparently wants.. it wouldn't matter if Zaryn or Nic became alpha... if Nic chose to be with her... he could leave Zaryn as Alpha of this pack and go to Grace's pack instead.. him being first born, he can still hold alpha title.

That's not happening!

Over my dead body will Nic choose to be with her. Not after this. Not after everything.

My wolf began to stir inside my mind, sending me visions of Grace's body being torn to shreds as my wolf's teeth ripped into her flesh, drowning. Immersing ourself in her blood.. bathing in it.

So many possible outcomes...

Then there's Deacon..

If no one lets him off punishment.. if challenges are insued once he is done with punishment.. he wont last. Everyone has put so much faith in me.. supported me. There would surely be challengers from my supporters and i couldn't stop them. I could hold a meeting.. tell them Deacon isnt responsible, to keep the challenges at bay.. but honestly what good would that do? Their wolves would need to challenge.. the need to want to move up the totem pole would be too great.

I would have to leave with him. Alpha Blake couldn't promise me his life.

I cant win.

Closing my eyes in attempt to calm my mind.. to cease from thinking so adamantly about the future and possible outcomes of my life.. the cool night air blowing my hair back away from my face as the moon shown overhead with twinkling starts, I stood at the fork in the dirt road.. hearing Alpha Blake on the loud speaker in the distance as he explained what had happened for the member of the pack.  His own version of a pack meeting. .

Standing at the fork in the road... i was alertted by a rustling sound in the forrest to my right. A heavy crunch of sticks that could only be made with a wolf's paw..

Inhaling, i turned to peer through the woods with a frown..

"Dad? Is that you?" I called out, rubbing my arms from the cold.

The air vibrated, crackling sound of bones filling the air. Creeping closer to the forrest edge, i stuck my head out further, adjusting my eyes to the darkness before my dad appeared beneath the moon light, clothed in a pair of shorts. I jumped back, startled as he gave me a weak smile.

"Dad! You scared me!" I ran, leaping onto him as i wrapped my arms and legs around him.. his heavily muscular arms picking me up at holding me tight. He took in a shaky breath before pressing his cheek to mine and kissing my forehead, setting me down.

"Hey pumpkin." His voice strained.. he had been crying for hours it seemed. ..

"Dad.. you can't stay in these woods forever." My sad eyes bore into his own.

Nodding, "i know.. i just.. needed some time."

The corner of my mouth lifted slightly in a grim smile as my eyes found the forrest floor suddenly interesting. Taking a deep breath, i peered up at my sad and broken father.. a strong man who was emotionally broken.

"Come on. Lets go talk.." I grabbed his hand and led him into the forrest a little ways and found a perfectly good stone to sit upon, dad sitting himself on the one across.

His face was expresionless but those darker green eyes than my own said everything. "Dad. You need to talk to mom. I know the entire story. She told me right before the meeting and you need to hear her out. I know you are so mad at her but-"

"No pumpkin.. im not mad at your mom. I remember the time it happened... and.. i... i was awful to her. I've spent my entire life trying to makeup for it but... im mad she never told me. Im mad at Blake for keeping this from me.. and im mad that they had a son together.. one that i raised as my own. My wolf is going insane with jealousy.. I don't hate your mom.. i understand what she was going through.. I found her days later in her heat. I know what a heat can do to an unmated male.. its just...no one told me." He held his face in his hands, body wracking with silent sobs.

My face contorted with torturous sorrow seeing him like this and i began feeling tears drop from my eyes as he broke my heart. "Dad" i reached out, taking his hand. His glazed green eyes met mine, puffy and swollen with agony.

I sniffled a bit. "Mom didnt tell you because Blake asked her not to.. and because she didnt want to ruin your friendship with him. When they realized their mistake.. she felt so guilty that she would be the reason you wouldn't want the beta position.. youd have to see him daily.. dealing with emotions when you could just not know and live happily with your best friend. She wanted to protect you.."

His brows rose in despair and realisation. "To protect me? To spare me? After the way i treated her...  " he seemed stuck in past memories.

"Yes.."

"I.. i was awful to her. So awful. I ignored her.. shunned her.. all because my father made me feel like being beta was number one on my list.. he was so angry when i brought her back.. i resented her for messing up my life but it was hard to fight the bond as well.. when i found her in her heat.. i could stop myself and since that moment.. we had the greatest bond. Its taking all I have not to find her and mark her all over again.. she .. she believed in me.. stayed with me. Even when i treated her so badly." Whispered words as tears flowed.

I lowered my head, catching his eyes. "Then find her. Go to her. Love her. That's all she wants. She has been a wreck since she found out.. she wanted to tell you first.. guilt has eaten away at her.. "

He seemed to brighten. "Really? Even after i was bested in the fight with Blake?" He seemed like a child who needed encouragement.

I nodded, smiling. "Yes. No one thought anything about you losing.. we were alk too worried."

Closing his eyes, his hand gripped mine tighter. "But Nic..." a tear escaped.

Shaking my head with a breath of laughter.. "dad.. Nic loves you no matter. Blake told him today that he was proud to have a son so strong and handsome.. but do you know what Nic said? He said... thank Blake.. but i alread have a dad.." smiling through my tears i watched my fathers face light up.

"He.. he said that?" Unsurety in his voice.

I cocked mt head to the side. "Of course.. you are his dad. You raised him. Blake is nothing compared to you in his eyes." I truthfully admitted.

This made him smile.. a big smile as he wiped his cheeks. He pressed my hand to his lips, kissing it. "Thank you Nova. You are such a smart female.. you would have been an amazing Luna.. you know that?"

My cheeks reddened at his compliment.

He rose slowly, taking my hand and helping me to me feet as he wrapped me in a tight hug, his broad arms practically covering me entirely.

"Im still not sure if i can stay here. If we can stay here. Im not sure what to do about Blake. I understand how he fell into her heat but he told her to keep it from me.. penelope knew too.. i just..".

Pulling away i peered up at him neath my lashes. "Dad.. think about it.. he was ashamed. He didn't want to lose you.. or the friendship you all had. He had bonded with Mom through Nyra.. they were both greiving over their loss.. he didn't want you to hurt..i have your side always.. just think about it their perspectives. And Penelope.. she assumed Blake had an all out affair with another female. When she smelled mom she knew it was her but she was preganant.. with Nic. She didnt want to destroy a happy mated pair. She held onto that for all these years with a haevy heart.. thinking they were in love.. not knowing the truth. You need to forgive... and forgive yourself as well because mom has. Neither mom or Nic are going anywhere. You are what they want." I plead at him with glass eyes.. to understand he is wanted..

He broke out a sob, his face distorting as he cried fresh tears.. his usually angry mask a thing of the past. "Nova" he sniffed. "I feel like you are years beyond your age.. consoling your old man like this. I feel weak having my seventeen year old daughter making me see the light but thank you baby. You are so brilliant.. to see how things affect everyone.. to have a heart so big.. i feel like you are meant for something special Nova." He smiled a watery smile as he kissed my forehead.

If only i could see the other sides of the people who have done wrong by me.. Grace Anita and Zaryn are the ones I can't seem to forgive.. i even forgave my attacker.. i just can't take my own advice.

"Thank you dad." A tight lipped smile. "i love you. No go find your mate and your son." A grin burst through me as he nodded.

"That i shall do." He ruffled my hair before walking out of the woods and running full speed down the dirt road toward our family home.

I shook my head as i smiled, walking out of the woods into the chilly night air.

I was once again facing a decision..

Two paths diverged in a darky starry night..

The path to my left being the one that led through the forrest and up the mountain side to the cliffs where Zaryn and i used to meet.. where i would call him through the bond to come to me and comfort my wolf... to comfort him..

Then the path to the left that led to the pack house where I could sneak in the cellar to see Deacon... tell him of the events that transpired today.. figure out a way to save him...

Two paths in the dark of night....

Which should i take?

Huddling into myself from the cool breeze that shivered my bones, I quickly took the path i had decided on, realizing this was something i had to do for myself.. and my wolf. She benefitted from this as well..

I could take the other path later..

But i needed to do this.

Dun dun dun!

Which path did she take, if it wasnt obvious..

Is she going to Zaryn? Or to Deacon?

It seems Nova has grown from being naive to a girl with knowlege about the things people have had to endure.. her own experience with sorrow making her an expert psychologist.

She even just analyzed her dad.. making him see the truth.

Nova is a character that seems to never stop growing, emotionally.

Next chapter we will see where it has led her. ..

And what does Anita have up her sleeve to ruin Nova one last time?

Will Nic take the alpha position? Will he claim Grace? Where did Grace even go???! She was in trouble as well..

Stay tuned to see what happens next on..

Shatter!

(Like my soap opera narrative? Hehe)

Xoxo
Chilee

I want to give a special thank you for those of you who have commented relentlessly and i have noticed a lot of new commenters as well. Here is everyone that has commented on my last 4 chapters. You guys really help me out with your Comments and VOTES! (I hope you are voting!) I never cared about getting on a hot list but now that im on number 18, i sorta wanna see if i can make it to #1.. so share my story on your profile! Send to a friend! Keep voting and commenting! It would mean the world for me to see something i wrote in the top five at least!!!

So thank you all so much. I love your yelling at the characters. I love how you guys have theories on situations and ideas! Ps im always looking for songs to go with my chapters emotions so PM them to me for which chapter you have!

Heres a game. Beside your name comment your age! I wanna know the depths my story has reached.. young or mature im so grateful to all of you!

Ps: are there any males out there? I only ever see females. Comment if you are! Im curious!

Thank you shouts:

Hey! Put your age/location by your name! I wanna know you guys! If you would rather not put one or the other thats fine too!

_unimaginable
Bloodorkid
BrendaOnaele
camelot35
MonishaAshinom
devilboygotskills25
Bluewolf1234
MarinaSangster
Ndiyah
WhiteMouse40
Rerykhan
Kylie_ri13
BlankJii
puffyprinny
thisgirlisnotonf7re -most comments
RitimaS7
BurgundyCloud
famouslyrejected - most comments
@tellgirlfriend
aprilgirl3
KCBurke
luliua
Ratatoste
dzxo1997
ashley25
savannahpcuevas
TattooedKim
shetearsazz - most comments
lemony1120 - most comments
jazzwynter - most comments
Wanderingcity - most comments
AdlynSmith - most comments
jmgok- -most comments
bkelly1207 - frequent comments
Blackrose_Valentine
GiselleJessie
lindapachia - frequenter
JadeBlk - most comments
aydeeboo73 - frequenter
lovely_reader_96 - frequenter
lovely91
tnested - most comments
MyChocolateAddiction - most comm
mae0723
lexi_augustave - frequent
xoXHaydenXox - most comments
Tyanik
midgexoxo - most comments
trina1010
abymae
jabbot1085
KimberlyBabikPlumb
toniinvt - frequenter
SweetSabotage
Tans_Sanctuary
ForBetterAndForWorst
herriott14
LittleNoor
skylarkay - most comments
The_Literal_Lion
Rere088
rozzie393
JaelKristen
Kylie_ri13 _ frequent
TheresaLugo
Bamagranna - frequent
Arocnightingale
gouawesomeswimmer123
Satereva
savannahpcuevas
MiathraSwan
Ocelli
kpiza944
O1iviaa - you sassy thing
miss_charmz
TaylorLillyRose
Music_romance_lover
drama_monkey
jensenacklesisbae23 _ frequent
lana0324
abymae
shantown
Yairy_ -most comments
Blackmore14
EpicCreativityFail
blakexjohnson
charbo61 - most comments
RosieToovey _ most comments
___Shyla_____ _ most comments
princessgabby27
Ilovecassie _ frequenter
sprinkledcupcake2002
BrookeSmith99
skiesandblues
Dear_Yvette
woods01
Cala2193
Domino66
angelanthony97
topgun_jaz
tyannad1
AbenaaBandele - frequent
@starfireage
Oceanbunnies - frequent
Femates - frequent
ExquisiteBeauty
OmgMagcon10
DaytonaBass
Scord0617
teetah17
Guanajuato
Tinalout
aniejones
foreverluv
ritastark - makes me think of GOT!
crooney
morry121201
ChinellCarter
HiWeiTing - most comments
xXnotagoodwriterXx - frequenter

Whew that took forever. These were based on those that commented most (most comments) and those that commented almost as most (frequenter) and i had some newbie commenters as well!

Thank you all so much!! You have no idea.

If i left anyone out from THE LAST 4 CHAPTERS let me know and ill add but i think i got everyone!

Again thank you. I'll do this again in a few more chaps!

Anyone wanna b pen pals via the mail? I was sorts thinking of that the other day. Id love to write back and forth snail mail to someone from another place. Its so fun! A book i read had me thinking about that. Im silly i know. Haha

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 37K 67
"So here I lay here in the cold, mentally shattered, physically broken, bleeding out and waiting for the sweet silence and darkness of death to come...
4.8K 195 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...
854K 30.7K 39
Highest ranking #14 as of 12/20/16 WARNING: This story is not all lovey dovey, it's raw, brutal, and is filled with plot holes, now don't comment and...
3.3M 117K 86
Mates are found before you turn 22 - that's the rule. If you don't, you are branded. Being branded as an Unfortunate isn't easy, and you can't come...