Second Chances

By dearhearty

"There is no such thing as second chances." That is a what Stephan said to himself every time the word love c... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Can You Deliver A Good News?
Chapter 2: The Sweet Plan
Chapter 3: A Beaver Would Be Nicer
Chapter 4: Both Of Us Are In This
Chapter 5: We Are Doomed
Chapter 6: Where Are We
Chapter 7: Papaya
Chapter 8: Getting Close?
Chapter 9: Under The Stars
Chapter 10: All Confession
Chapter 11: Ring
Chapter 12: Don't Look Away
Chapter 13: Chills
Chapter 14: Let's Start A New Relationship
Chapter 16: The End?
Chapter 17: Today is the Start
Chapter 18: Hello Doll
Chapter 19: Long Time No See?
Chapter 20: Deadly Glares
Chapter 21: Last Minute
Chapter 22: Game On, Asshole.
Chapter 23: The Request
Chapter 24: Bahamas
Chapter 25: Rebirth
Chapter 26: A Cute Encounter
Chapter 27: Wait for You
Chapter 28: Doubts
Chapter 29: Cliff
Chapter 30: Worry No More
Chapter 31: Busted
Chapter 32: Give Me What I Want
Chapter 33: Chillin
Chapter 34: Step Together
Chapter 35: My Girl
Chapter 36: Mine
Chapter 37: Find the Letters
Epilogue

Chapter 15: Two Hearts Combined

36.7K 1.3K 45
By dearhearty

When we got off the ocean, it was already sunset. We didn't even had lunch and we completely forgot everything that we should do. I was too happy and can't think of anything else other than him.

Stephan and I stayed sat on one of the tall rocks and we just talked like we always do. We are chatting about random things that both of us don't have any clues on what's the use of it. Well, as long as we're chatting, I don't really care. I want to make every second counts while I'm with him.

No one knows.. tonight might be our last night together in this island, right?

Unpredictable things will happen in this island and it can happen anytime though.

Stephan is currently finishing the little hut that he was building since this morning while I simply and quietly stayed in the house, reading a book. He said he wanted to finish it as soon as possible meaning he is really serious about it. I'm guessing that he is planning something that only he knows though. No one is stopping him. It's actually nice of him that he has something to keep him entertain rather than sit in the coach all day and wait for the day to end.

Since it's almost evening, I decided to make our dinner. Well, what do you expect? The fruits we picked out are what we are gonna eat. I arranged them in a bowl and put a little salt to add some flavor.

Then suddenly, the door opened revealing a very sweaty and shirtless Stephan. "It's done."

"What's done?"

"The small hut." He answered and grabbed my hand then dragged me outside. My mouth gasped when I saw what he had done.

"Oh my God, it's amazing! I can't believe you also know how to build things like this. " I am really amused and it shows. I touched the bamboos he used and looked inside. How amazing and cute this is.

"Great. Now let's start a new bonfire." He said, rubbing his hands and put some chopped woods on the sand and tried to make a fire.

Seriously, this man knows how to do everything. I watched so many survivors TV shows and Stephan can really be in their group. He makes fire effortlessly in a blink of an eye. And he can catch a fish with just using a spear. But believe it or not, it just adds his charisma.

When a fire finally formed. He sat down and looked at me like he was waiting "Are you just gonna stand there and look at me? I know I'm hot."

I just scoffed, rolling my eyes. "You're so full of yourself."

He let out an husky chuckle then stood up " Wait here. I'll be back." Stephan ran back inside the house.

I smiled and do what he said. I sat down, waiting for him. My attention is now on the moon as I look up to the dark sky. It's the brightest moon I ever seen in my entire life. Feeling like its the one smiling down at me.

What could my parents be doing right now?

Will they really force me and Stephan to get married? Or they might listen to me once I tell them my plan.

I swear, once this island story ended...it's the start of the changes in my life. No more nice daughter.

Stephan finally came back holding a bowl of the fruits I did, some coconut drinks and more...fruits? They are incredible.

The fruits are properly sliced with a design. And I didn't know we have a watermelon because the other bowl is full of them.

"You really prepared this?" I asked, taking the bowl and held it as he sat down next to me.

"Well, I thought maybe we should really treasure everything while we are still together. " he stated, his voice can be dark and manly but there is gentleness that I'm feeling when he told me that.

That kinda take me out of breath. His words made my heart pound. "That is actually what I've been doing." I whispered earning a smile from him.

Then he turned serious in a split second. "Listen, Ariana..."

My eyebrows touched as I wait for him to continue. The atmosphere tonight is kinda different from the previous nights that we have. It somehow feels dark and heavy between us. I can't guarantee if this is a good thing or not so I'm don't want to assume anything. It's been hard for me to say what we are. Are we friends?

I surely do know that friends don't make out. Because I have so many guy best friends and we may care for each other too much but not to the point that I will feel the sensation and delightfulness when I'm with him.

"...Once we stepped out of this island, I still want us to talk to each...see each other. I don't want to end whatever we had here."

I suddenly looked up to see his eyes deeply staring to mine. His mouth slightly opened and I can hear his breathing. "A-after all of these?"

"Yes, let's go out sometimes too...if that's alright with you."

No! Of course not.

"Yeah, I don't see why not." I replied. I don't want to see him again. For what reason? To act like I'm fine.

I will admit it for the first time.

I'm starting like him.

And I can't continue on seeing him if all he wants is to be friends. I don't want to fall for him to the point that I might hurt myself in return. Because I'm sure that he won't like me back.

I tried getting some of the sliced fruits just to turn my attention away from him.

"I don't want to let you go, Ariana. I know I'm asking too much yet I'm the one who is pushing you away but...I really don't know. " he looked down and a pained look went visible flashed in his face. "I just can't let you go just like that because of these few months here with you...you made me realize something. " he continued on speaking.

"You became a huge part of me in just a short time. "

I was really astonished of him. I didn't expect his confusing confession. God, I can really feel my heart pounding.

"Then don't let me go." The words came out of my mouth and even I got surprised of my own words. But all I did is bite my lips and look away from his intense stare.

But his eyes suddenly went disappointed. Instead , he smiled sadly and took a bite of the cherry that I'm about to it. He ate it from my hands as his eyes were still focused on mine. I guess he is really trying to avoid the topic.

"You really did a great job in this." I remarked, referring to the nipa hut he build. "When did you learn in building such things?"

"Me and my brothers used to join my dad when he was building our tree house when we were kids" he answered while drinking his coconut juice.

"You have brothers?"

"Yes. Two older one. " he replied casually.

"I didn't know that. No sisters?"

"Nope. Mom is the only woman in our family. " he stated and then smiled "and the most dramatic one in the family ."

"I know. My mom is always the drama Queen in the house." I agreed, laughing. "I kinda missed my parents already."

"Is this the longest time you were away from them?"

I shook my head. "I studied in Paris, remember? I spend my four years there without the help of my parents...except from financial help though"

"Yeah. And I was there too, remember? I had you investigate when I found out that you're what my parents arranged for me." He mimicked my tone causing me to laugh even louder.

"I really can't believe you had me investigated. " I brushes my face with my hand as I continued eating the fruits.

"Well believe it already and besides, that was years ago. Move on and forget that I did that" Stephan tsked as he drinks his coconut juice in one blow.

Then the silence between us came once again. I don't know what to talk about anymore. We probably have talked everything and there is no way he'll be interested in the things I like.

"When do you think our parents will come and get us out of here?" I asked, changing the topic again.

"Beats me. They are the most unpredictable person I know so they will come here to get us at the time we don't expect them anymore." That's what he answered.

"So, how will I know if we are still gonna keep in touch?" I started asking so that I can avoid him when we got home.

"I'll call you or I will come to your house. Life is easy now, doll. I can quickly get information about you with just a snap of my fingers. So there is no way you can hide from me. " he confidently speaks and I can't help but roll my eyes. "Can I have your phone number?"

"My phone number? Erm, I'll give it to you once we get out." I told him with a weak chuckle. I definitely won't tell him that.

"Then just promises that you will still talk to me."

I just nod my head.

"Promise me"

I crossed my fingers and looked at him straight in the eye "I promise, Stephan" that was surely a lie.

Oh, Stephan. You are clearly making things harder for me. You're pushing me away yet you don't want to let me go. Why is he being so confusing to the point that it's bothering me.

"But still, even if you promise me about it...why do I still feel like you're gonna break it." His eyes hold the disbelieve and hesitation. His mouth was formed in a thin line and his eyes was searching mine if was lying. "And why is that, Ariana?"

I swallowed and cleared my throat. I have to make it believable.

"What do you want me to do to make you believe me?" I asked, softly.

"Persuade me then." He whispered near my ear, his hands ranking down my bare back because I'm still wearing my bikini, making me feel his rough hands. I felt the electricity travel to my body causing me to shiver. Not because of the coldness of the night but at the hotness and warmth of his body.

With that simple gesture, I quickly know what he meant by it.

"Stephan..."

"If something happens between us tonight, are you going to force me to marry you?" He asked, his voice sexy as ever.

I sigh and smirked. We're both adults, I'm not a young teenager who will drag him to the church because we slept together. And this definitely not his first and not mine either so nothing is wrong.

I have to make a decision on my own.

"What happens in the island stays in the island." I bravely replied to him, pushing my face forward to him until our lips are just inches apart. Nothing matters anymore. It's about him and me.

I saw his eyes travel from my lips to my eyes as well. And I can see the desire in them. If I do this, there is no turning back now.

I was the one who closed our gap. I kissed him fully and wrapped both of my arms around him. Stephan didn't waste anytime, he place one of his hands on my back and one below my legs. He's carrying me like a groom carries his bride on their first night.

I don't know how he manages to reach our room without breaking the kiss and to think that our room is on the second floor without even stumbling. He effortlessly carried me up the stairs and I don't know if his eyes are opened, all I care is how his lips didn't left mine.

He slowly put me down on the bed, and I felt its soft blanket already. He deepened our kiss as I felt his tongue battled with mine in dominance. God, no man had ever made me feel like this when being kissed. Stephan's the best kisser ever and all the woman he slept with are freaking lucky to feel him like this.

My hands started to roam around his hard body as I felt him lowering the strap of my bikini until I finally felt naked. There are no more clothes that are covering my body. "Stephan..."

He pulled away for a short time to stare at me. "You're so beautiful, Ariana. The most beautiful of all." He whispered before his lips lowers from my lips to my neck and God knows where.

"Stephan...

There is only one thing that I can say right.

I think I finally like Stephan.

But this is not the right time.

Tonight, we are not just two people trapped in an island.

We are two people whose hearts are combined tonight.

-------

Hey everyone! I badly want to apologize for the wrong grammars and stuff in my story. I hope you all like this chapter so please vote and comment in this chapter.

This is the first time I wrote something like this so I'm not really comfortable. Well, I'm just 17 though. Not in the legal age yet but I'll get there.

Please keep on supporting guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 147 37
#1 EROTIC ROMANCE MATURE CONTENT ⚠️⚠️ He groaned and covered the gap between us, cupping my face in his hands, looking down at me, our lips only few...
2.4M 94.7K 34
BLSC #8 Marco Hastington Cruel and cold, that's Marco Hastington in public's eyes. He's a straight foward person to begin with. He loves his work and...
504K 17.5K 34
"Desperate people are the most dangerous." Miracle Hope Carson has nothing more to ask for her life. She may be a nut-head, anti-social potato and wi...
133K 6.5K 61
------- He loved the girl that can't love him.....And now he can't love the girl that loves him -------- ** "Don't worry.." I say, getting up off the...