Shatter ✔ #TheWattys2017

By Wowchilee

HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN WEREWOLF [[*COMPLETED*]] Nova is the daughter of a Beta. And her mate? The Alphas firs... More

➸ 1. Shattered Soul
➸ 2. Sorry
➸ 3. The Pull
➸ 4. Selfish
5. Heart❤
6. Damage
7. Sorrow
8. Homecoming
9. Twisting Knives
10. Skin
11. Matter
12. Desire
13. Home
14. Rules
15. Attack
16. Last Time
17. A Gift
18. Brother, Oh Brother
19. Lying Games
20. Eden
21. Pain
22. Agony
23. Intoxicated Lust
24. Disgrace
25. Savage☠
26. Loophole
27. Thrash
28. Beware
29. Instincts
30. Gracie
31. Night of Terror
32. Discovery
33. Alpha Conrad
34. The Meeting
35. Bitch Fight (literally)
36. Secrets (part 1)
37. Secrets (part 2)
39. Alpha Blood
40. Two Roads Diverged
41. Insidious
42. Heat.
*PRIVATE CHAPTERS*
43. Regrets
44. Broken
45. Proposition
46. Fire
47. Loose Ends
48. Runaway
49. Monster
50. Gone
51. Unsteady
52. Down We Go
53. Strong
54. Pack
55. Warrior
56. Beast - part 1
57. Beast - part 2
58. Alpha
59. Running With Wolves
60. Realities (re-edit)
61. In - Dependence
62. Free As A Bird
63. An Alpha's Command
64. Coming Home
65. Tongue Teeth & Claws
66. Heart & Soul
67. Painful Memories
68. Strength
69. Vicious
70. Undiluted Pleasure (MA)
71. Hot and Cold
72. United Front
73. New Beginnings
74. Scent
75. The Moon's Will
76. Prepare
77. Packs of Wolves
78. WAR p.1. (edited)
79. WAR p.2 (edited)
80. Bloody Meadow (word edit)
81. Gemini Moon ♊
82. Alive
83. Blessings
84. Death
85. Funeral
86. Letters || 86.2 Mates (additon)
87. Fireworks
88. The Change
89. Powers
90. Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde (edited / re-read new material)
91. Savior *[the finale]*
Epilogue I - "I Do"
Epilogue II. Birth-Daze
.:*Cover Contest Right Here!!!*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD. P2*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD P3*:.
Epilogue III - Winning
COVER FINALS!!!
Epilogue IV - All Grown Up
EXCITING NEWS ABOUT SHATTER!
[[rachelle]]

38. Secrets (part 3)

226K 8.8K 5.2K
By Wowchilee

Nova

One word could describe the atmosphere in the meeting room of Alpha Blakes office.

Chaos.

Thick emotions settled through the air, enough to choke on.

I entered the room with mom right behind me, her hand squeezing mine with the aniety she felt. I gave her a gentle squeeze in return, silently telling her to calm down. The fear was coming from her skin, mixing in the air with the other scent of fear present.

That fear came from Grace.

"Looks like that's all of us then. Nova.. Dahlia.. have a seat." Alpha Blake was all business but his stance along with his expression gave way to how irritated and anxious he was to get this over. I watched closely as his eyes darted from me to my mom, and down to our entwined hands before I let her go, taking a seat beside my dad. I wanted to be between them.

Just in case.

Mom inched her way in beside me, sitting nervously in one of the black leather chairs at the twenty person long mahongany conference table as all the gathered wolves followed suit.

My eyes scanned the room.. Alpha Conrad at the opposite end, his usual amused yet pissed expression visible, eyes zoned in on Nic. Grace sat to his left, her brown eyes flitting around wildly, nervously glancing at Anita every now and then who sat directly in front of her.. looking for comfort.. for direction. Something Anita wasn't giving.

Anita sat on Alpha Conrad's right, her beautiful face a blank mask.. stoic as ever. Eyes not meeting anyone's.

The beta.. of which i havent gotten a name for.. stood behind Conrad, blank faced as a statue.

Alpha Blake sat with Luna Penelope on his left, at the center of the table. The kits laid out before him. Penelope stole a worried glance at my mom,  her hands fisted in her lap. Zaryn was beside his mom.. eyes on me. I dared not to look. But I could feel him watching . I felt his eyes  on me once we entered the room.. locked on me.

The pull of the mate bond was strong.. tingles all over my body from wherever his eyes reached. No doubt in my mind that there would be pain in those blue eyes.. a pain i didnt want to focus on right now.

At our end of the table, it was Nic, then dad, me, and mom in a row. Dad at the very head. He was pissed off as usual.. watching Anita the entire time with clenched fists and a tight jaw. He was ready to cut her down with his knowlege. We all were.

Nic sighed heavily.. his green eyes on Grace as she fidgeted. Rubbing her belly every now and then. It was all too quiet as Blake read the packaging of the blood kits to himself. The air was heavy with agression and fear.. a mixture that made all of our wolves uneasy.

A long sigh "Blake lets get this show on the road. Can't be that hard to figure out. " Conrad grumbled as he folded his arms earning a scowl from Blake as he set two tests down on the table, still wrapped in clear plastic along with two droppers. They looked like tiny pregnancy tests.. the ones that test for he hcg hormone.. not the kind you pee on.

"Alright. Heres the test." He slid one of them down to Conrad and the other to dad. "You two deal with the test because i don't want any interference from another source." He stared pointedly at Grace then Anita. A low warning rumble came from Conrad's chest at which i felt compelled to roll my eyes at.

My mom grabbed my hand beneath the table. Shaking. She was so nervous about this test results.. her skeletons out in the open for all to see.

I cleared my throat. "We should do it one at a time and i think Grace, you should go first. Alpha Conrad.. your daughter has been hiding a lot of things from you and I think its time you uncovered the truth about her. Before she ruins your name any further. She is not your daughter." I spoke matter of factly. All eyes snapped up to look at me.. agression in Conrad's as he glared. Anita narrowed her coal black eyes on me.. her beautiful features striking aside from those eerie black pits. Grace began to tremble as she took a peek at Conrad ..frightened.

Conrad put his fists on the table as he leaned forward. This was the way i would draw attention away from my mom.. from Nic's test. For the time being. I wasnt even totally sure Grace wasn't his but I had an inkling. A very good inkling. Why else would she be so scared? Why try to destroy me? Playing on an Alpha's pride was the best way to keep things going smoothly. I felt my mom squeeze my hand slightly, thanking me. She knew my plan.

"What?" Conrad growled. "Are you calling us liars?" He leered with cold blue eyes.

I smiled simply, showing no teeth as he watched me with a calculating gaze. "Of course. I dont even think you knew about it. She's left bread crumbs along the way. She's embarassed your name long enough dont you think? She cant bring you an alpha mate because shes not an alpha blood. Why do you think she got pregnant? C'mon what male doesnt scent a heat coming?" I dead panned him as i rose a brow, counting down the seconds as i watched realisation set into him.

Telling an alpha he was embarassing himself is the worst thing you could do.

"Daddy dont listen to-" Grace's eyes became large

"Quiet! Give me your hand." Determination was set in his eyes.  He was angry.. but taunting him worked.. he wanted to find out if my words were true.. ready to set things straight. Thinking someone is getting over on you was a males worst nightmare.

Alpha Conrad was a beast of a man.

Grace whimpered, inching her hand slowly toward Conrad before he grabbed it on his own. his canines had decended and he was pricking her finger with the tip of his pointy tooth as she gasped in pain.

We were all quiet as a drop of blood bubbled up onto her finger
Conrad took the dropper, filling it up before dripping it onto the special made testing kit for alpha blood before glaring up at me.

"Guess its your turn now."  He spat at Nic.

Nic was a little more civilized in the situation, taking the letter opener  as he pricked his finger before dropping a sample of his own blood onto the test that my dad held in his hand.

The room went deathly quiet as we waited.

"Well Conrad." Luna penelope spoke. "I believe its time." Her calm demeanor gave nothing away but i knew she knew what i was doing.. she shot a side glance at me, a knowing look.

Conrad peered down at the test, hard eyes concentrating as Grace and Anita shared a look.. one of fear.

"What does one line mean." His gruff voice echoed off the bare walls of the meeting room. He rose to meet Blake's eyes,  jaw clenching.

He knew what one line meant.

"She's not of alpha blood." Blake whispered softly.

"What!?" Conrad stood, his chair flying backwards as his knees came in contact with the edge. A hard fist landed on the table, wild eyes darkening on Grace who began trembling with fear. His beast didn't like that answer.

Everyone's mouths fell open.. Zaryn.. My dad's.. Luna.. Alpha.. I had made the assumption and we all thought it was possible but now we knew the truth. Now i knew why my mate had gotten another female pregnant for sure. A weight lifted from my shoulders.. realizing he actually was trapped by that demon of a female. Now i could be angry... once i began feeling.

One thing i noticed however, was that Conrad's Beta didnt even flinch.

"What is the meaning of this Grace!?! Did you know about this? Anita?" His tone deadly and low, a  death glare had settled on the two females.. his eyes flashing a dangerous gold as he watched the two of them.. Anita wearing a blank mask, ignoring him.. Grace crying hysterically as she rubbed her large belly.

"Daddy I-"

"Im not your father! Who is her father Anita!? I know you know!" He was letting the wolf come out, peering at Anita with a dark hatred. He knew she knew something about this. Anita narrowed her eyes at me from across the table.. staring as her teeth began to descend.

I focused on her.. watching. As everyone in the room sat stunned..

Without warning, Anita lunged at me across the table.. claws and teeth descending as she threw her lithe body over the wooden surface .. growls erupting from her throat,  clawing to get at me. Her claw swiped, catching me off guard as pain erupted from my cheek.

I gasped, lurching backwards out of my seat as it went flying into the wall from the force of my movements. Everyone had gotten up, knocking chairs into walls as my dad and Alpha Blake grabbed anita up by the scruff, subduing her by her wrists, Zaryn standing in front of me protectively, growling.. his wolf ascending.

Conrad watching with calculating eyes.

Anita thrashed, her lip pulled up exposing teeth as she tried to lunge at me again. I stared wide eyed .. those black orbs glaring harshly at me.

"Anita! Stop now!" Conrad bellowed, his wolf out and ready to take over if neeed be. His fists clenched, veins poping up under the skin as rage boiled inside him from the obvious secret she was hiding.

Grace huddled into her chair, crying harder than ever. Conrad's beta gave her a longing look and thats when it clicked.

"Your Beta is the father.." it came out a whisper, my hand going over my mouth as i stepped away ignoring the bloodied marks on my cheek. Nic's test long forgotten.

Just as planned.

Conrad's eyes shot up to meet mine.. a menacing snarl from his lips. "What did you just say?"

Anita screamed out wildly as she thrashed harder.. her secret had been set forth.

Grace peered up at me slowly, hatred in her brown eyes that matched the Betas.. he was her father for sure.

"You little bitch!" His beta seethed, taking a step towards the table, anger radiating through him. Zaryn stepped in front of me, directing the betas eyes at him..

Numerous growls sounded from my side of the table as Conrad whipped to face the beta,  his hand closing around the his neck. He threw him up against the wall in fury, the betas eyes going wide as conrad partially shifted, his claws digging into the soft flesh of his throat.

"You know? Is this true!? I will kill you here and now, Ben! Tell me what you did to my deceased mate!" Conrad roared, spittle dripping and flying. He was a trained killer.. ready to snap the neck of his beta who had betrayed him. He showed no mercy in those dark eyes of his, flecks of gold peeking out as his wolf itched to taste his blood.

So Ben was his name..

The smell of urine filled the air. I maneuvered around Zaryn to see a wet spot forming,  becoming bigger on the betas pants, his eyes bulging from the pressure on his throat.

"Everyone! Stop!" Blake shouted but it was lost on Conrad as his wolf ignored protests from behind him.. Anita thrashing in Alpha Blake and Dads hold. She had been cuffed to the chair with silver while our attention had been on the angry Alpha, forgetting the threat she posed to me.

Anticipation..

thats what i was feeling.

Not anger..  not sadness.. not confusion.. i knew everything would end up badly i just didnt know who's wolf would be the first to react.

I was in a trance.. just watching as Conrad held his beta against the wall.. slowly crushing his windpipe.

"You will die!" He jerked the male, banging his head against the wall so hard it went through the drywall, leaving a gaping hole.

"No!" Grace jumped forward from her position against the wall as she tugged at Conrads arm, his wolfs eyes peeking out of his skin, growling at her.. snapping at her hand. Grace wasnt prepared for this outcome. Im sure Anita assured her everything would be fine.

Mom and Luna were quiet and still.. huddled in seperate corners.. eyes watching.

A hand wrapped around my waist sending chills and shocks through my shirt before a thumb lifted the hem.. touching my bare skin, comforting me. Zaryns hand rose to my cheek, wiping away the blood that had dripped down mt jaw. I inched away from his touch,

"Daddy please no! I'll tell you! Please just dont kill him!" The willoy blonde pleaded with Alpha Conrad , begging all the while his claws were tearing into the Flesh of Ben's neck as he gasped and gurgled.

Conrad scowled down at her. "Im not your daddy, pup."  his wolf's words guttural almost feral like. " but if you want to save his life then you better start talking" it was growled out.

She nodded rapidly, biting her lip as she sniffed back the cries lodged in her throat. Conrad let Ben go and he slumped down to the ground, unconscious.

"GRACE, NO!" Anita cried, " he's going to kill us anyway Grace don't you see that!?" Her once challenging voice was now A desperate plea. I was laughing on the inside at the site of Anita on her knees, metaphorically speaking.

Grace shook her head as her eyes we're glued to Ben, passed out on the floor. "He needs to know. They all do.."

Anita shook her head fiercely desperation pouring from her skin. "Don't Grace! Ben wont live either!" She cried, tears streaming hot down her cheeks. This was the first time I have ever seen her need to express an emotion other than a blank mask. her usually stoic features were now twisted with sorrow.

Conrad let out a rumble from his chest. "Someone shut her up!"

Too many volunteers got up from their seats to carry this order out willingly. Nic was the one who made it out firsr, coming back with a roll of duck tape.

Moments later and Anita was not only bound at her wrists but also her mouth was sealed shut, not able to interrupt Grace again from the mistake she was about to make.

Grace was too naive. I knew as well as did Anita that Alpha Conrad would never let Ben live.

Grace's muddy eyes fell on Anita who was silent for once, quietly crying.

Well.. that worked well.

"Now Grace. Tell me." Conrad commanded in his Alpha tone, leaving her no room to argue.

She sat down gingerly, hands splayed on the tops of her thighs.. eyes closed. She inhaled shakily.

"Well.. i always thought you and mom were my parents. Of course.. that is until my 17th birthday. You had given me mom's journal she kept. When I opened it..." her eyes opened as a lone tear escaped down her flushed cheeks. "A letter fell out.. sealed in an envelope adressed to me on my 17th birthday. It was from mom." Her voice broke.

Conrad remained still, a slight furrow of his brows.

Careful not to look up at the Alpha, who was paying close attention to every detail of her story as we all were. "The letter started off saying how much she loved me and that she was sorry. It said that ... you weren't my true father. That Ben was.. she had had an affair with him because you never showed her the love she needed.. she said when you first found each other you wouldn't mark her. That you thought her unworthy and forced her to train and become strong before you would even think about making her your Luna. She explained how tired and emotionally depressed she was, watching females come and go from your room and she became lonely. Thats when she came to know Ben. They had an affair." She glanced toward the blonde man who lie in a heap on the ground. "It obviously was during her heat.. which is how she became pregnant. She knew she was pregnant after the second day and thats when she seduced you despite being disgusted by the layers of other females scents on your skin.. she let you do it to cover up her affair. Months down the road i was born and  she said you were beyond thrilled.. but that Ben knew i was his.. i guess thats why he has always made a point to be around me.. to get to know me." Her quiet words were heartbreaking.

I never knew this females history..

"The letter said that she didnt want to leave me with someone like you but that you had come to cherish me. Your behavior never ceased with all the other females and she still bore no mark from you so her depression increased.. and thats why she killed herself when I was just a baby.." her tears came on stronger as her voice cracked,  eyes still locked onto the ground.

Conrad's eyes seemed to turn glassy.. as if he felt some sort of emotion with this memory.

"The letter also said that no one other than Ben knew of the truth.. not even Anita, her own sister. That since I was a new shifter, I would be able to find my true mate.. that he wouldnt be an alpha and that you would find out I wasnt yours. She begged me to leave with whoever my mate was.. to get away from you but i didnt want that. After reading the letter it took me days to comprehend it all.. that's when i went to Ben.. i didn't know what to do with the information.. mom made you sound cruel and heartless but you had always spoiled me and treated me like a princess. When i showed the letter to Ben.. he cried.. telling me it was true and that I couldn't tell anyone.. that he had watched me grow and always wanted me to know him.. but my mom didnt want me to know until i was able to shift.. she made ben promise never to tell me until i read her letter. I didn't know how to feel.. Anita treated me most like a daughter than any woman i knew and I trusted her." She peered up at Anita through her wet lashes who was gazing at Grace with sadness..

"Go on." Conrad's tone was soft.

Hope filled her eyes. "So i showed her the letter. Anita wanted to talk to Ben.. once they did, Anita came back to me and said we couldn't leave here. That my true mate could be any type of wolf. Even a low rank.. we wouldn't have a decent life anymore.. she wouldn't have a decent life anymore. With her history of darkness... no pack would take her as well. It was only by chance that these wolves werent familiar with her black irises. Anita said once you found out i wasnt yours by my possible mating to a lesser wolf.. that you would have Anita killed as well as Ben and myself.." her eyes lifted up to see that Conrad wore a mixed expression of sadness and betrayel. He was hurt finding about his mate's affair this way.. just like my dad would be hurt. But from the way Grace spoke... he didnt deserve his mate.

The room was quiet aside from Anita's soft sobs coming through the duck tape over her mouth..

The groaning of Ben who lie on the floor caught our attention, his eyes fluttering open as he glanced around the room. All of our gazes shifted to him and i knew what was going to happen next.

"Da- um. Alpha.. you aren't going to harm him right? I'm still your little pup right? Please..." she begged him with her eyes wide and blurry.

Conrad sat back in his chair, his enormous body making the chair seem so much smaller than it actually was. Gazing at her thoughtfully with a blank expression, he rose.

"What's going on?" Ben croaked as he stood, staggering.. his voice hoarse from being nearly strangled.

Grace sent him an apologetic look, lips pursed.

"It seems Beta Ben..." Conrad turned to face him slowly. "That your daughter here just told me the entire story of how she came to be. Of your betrayel to your Alpha.. of you lover's betrayel to her Alpha. You sleep around with my own mate.. now your banging her sister?" He threw his head back, laughing.

Ben and Anita... oh? Oh!

Ben's eyes widened as they found Grace. "No... Grace why!?" He was hurt..

She sent him a glare. "To spare your life. Daddy ... i mean.. Alpha agreed to spare your life if i told him." Her words were angry, feeling scolded like a child.

Ben shook his head sadly. "You naive little female.."

Without warning Conrad shifted his body towards the table, calming himself.. but in that moment he stood and turned too quickly to register, claws swiping backwards and opening the neck of his beta.

Ben's eyes widened in disbelief, his throat spewing blood in pulses all over the walls as flesh hung in ribbons exposing the insides., spraying blood onto the ceiling and across the table onto the wolves sitting close by as he slumped backwards.

Collective gasps followed my own as he sunk down to the floor, eyes dimming as his soul went to meet the moon.

"Noo!" Grace cried, falling onto her knees, Crawling towards the now dead beta as she bawled. "You promised me! You p-promised!" Screaming up at Conrad.. betrayel in her eyes.

Conrad smirked, leaning down to face her. "I never promised a thing. You asked.. but i never promised."

He took a step away from the carnage against the wall, taking his chair and setting it up right before sitting , eyes looking at each wolf acting as if nothing had happened.. blood covered him.. his skin now in full control.

It was a sight i couldn't cut my eyes from. An Alpha .. sitting calmly in front of a wall dripping with warm fresh blood. A body directly behind him.. slaughtered. Grace in hysterics on her hands and knees beside the former beta as Anita howled through the tape.. her arms jerking in those silver cuffs as the tears cascaded onto the wooden table.

Over the loss of the male she had come to love.

Anita and Ben.. they found comfort in each other.. their main goal being Grace's future, made them a dysfunctional family.

None of us made a move .. too entranced on what had happened.. mom cowering behind dad as he shielded her protectively.. penelope in the same position with Blake. Nic and Zaryn now stood side by side staring in disbelief, mouths hanging open and i leaned against the wall quietly... my eyes locked onto Conrads as he leered at me with a smirk.

"Well." Sighing, he put his hands on the table, eyeing me.. relaxed. "You were right little wolf. And for that i thank you. For making me see the truth.

My heart sped up. This was the moment i had been waiting for.. the moment everyone found out about Grace.. but somehow i managed to feel for her. I felt sorry for the pain she had to endure upon reading the contents of that letter.. discovering she was a bastard pup..created out of a matebond.. out of betrayel. Like Nic.
only.. we still havent heard the story of Anita's involvement... of her trapping my mate.

I wasnt used to seeing death like this. A massacre. We were a peaceful pack.

my eyes slid over to Blake who sent me a short nod, acknowleging he knew what had to be done next. The plan that we had all put in place.

Alpha Blake cleared his throat, wiping blood from his cheek in a non chalante matter. "No matter how she isn't yours.. or who she is.. we still have the matter of the fact she is carrying my son's pup.. upon the discovery of her knowlege of not being of Alpha blood, we can only assume it was Grace who trapped my son into this pregnancy. She works with Anita closely.. she would know about herbal treatments and poisons..."

"Trapping him? I never trapped him into this!" Voice high.. she spoke the truth which meant Anita was involved on that as well.

She looked toward Anita as Blake removed the tape from the witches mouth to allow her to speak.

Conrad walked over to her, leaning over her from behind her chair. Her tears long ceased by now and drying on her cheeks.. the look in her eyes was dead.. empty.. numb.

"Anita? Do you have anything to say?"  Low whispers.. calm and smooth from the blood covered beast.

She peered up at Grace in front of her, glaring. "No. I don't know what you are talking about. "

She wanted to punish Grace now. Our plan may not workafter all.

"Very well.. you will both suffer." He spat as he pushed the back of her head forward before walking back to his seat in front of the blood scattered walls and crumpled body.

No one seemed phased by the bloodbath aside from the females.

Blake sighed. "we also have the charges to go over for punishment of Grace's involvement for entraping my son and poisoning the Oracle." He met Conrad's stare all the while glancing at Anita.

"Punisment? Charges?" Grace's wide fearful eyes landed on Anita who was back to a mask of indifference.

Conrad sat back in his seat, seeming thoughtful. The dead body behind him forgotten. He pursed his lips. "Do what you wish to her. She's no longer my concern." A sarcastic laugh left his lips, eyeing Grace in disgust.

Why wasnt Blake adding the poisoning of Deacon? Deacon didnt do all of those things on his own! My dad was supposed to tell him. Dad avoided me as I looked at him.. knowing the question in my eyes.

"Very well." Blake pulled pulled a paper bag up from under the table and placed it on it's surface as we watched. "This is the evidence from the investigation." Reaching his hand in, his eyes watching Anita as he did so, he pulled out a plastic bag with Red Lockheed inside. Dried and hanging. "This is the poison that was found in the tea Eden our oracle in training had drank. Grace had poisoned her.. given it to my youngest son to deliver." He stated matter of factly. He was diverting all the charges onto Grace.. hoping to get answers and admission from Anita.

Grace gaped up at Blake. "N-No! I didnt!"

"And here.." he pulled out a leather bound journal. "Is my son Deacons journal stating that Grace had forced him into helping her. He wasnt himself. We have evidence of Grace poisoning pack members.. one of which was meant for death. Nova was the one she was trying to poison but Eden intercepted the tea instead. Thats attempted murder on two accounts." He placed the items in front of Conrad who peered down  blanky at them.. not caring.

I was about to rise from my seat and put the teabags i had found in Deacon's room onto the table but Conrad interrupted me.

"Its no longer my concern. She's not my daughter." He shrugged, a smirk on his lips. "She's not my problem anymore. She's yours"

Alpha Blake and Anita frowned as Grace looked up with a hurt expression at Conrad. He stood slowly, sighing. "Tell you what Blake.. our previous arrangement.. cancel it out. She's not mine so she's no longer my problem. She's yours. Do what you wish with both these females because they are banished from my pack lands. They are your problem now." He chuckled darkly before stepping towards the door.

"Daddy! Please!" Grace stood, blocking his path, more fresh hot tears streaming.

His stare became hard once more. "Im not your daddy. I dont know you you bastard pup. Now move." His words held a threat behind him.

"Conrad! You can't do this! They will have us both killed!" Anita panicked, eyes wide as she pulled against her cuffs.

He turned, looking at her in disgust. "I would kill you both myself anyways. I should have killed you once you became apart of the darkness. You're pure evil." He spat.

I thought no one knew of the darkness aside from healers?

Alpha Blake cleared his throat, the rest of us taking in the scene unfolding. "Very well then. But conrad you have caused quite an ordeal in our pack with all of this. If we take the two females into our custody for good.. which will be in the cells.. then i expect retribution for having dealt with your demands these past months." He spoke frankly.

Eyeing him, i wondered what his game was. Now that Conrad didnt care what happened.. he was just going to leave their fate in Blakes hands..

Conrad turned, meeting Blakes gaze. "How about we just call it even. After all... your son couldn't keep it in his pants." He smirked. "Actually..." he leered down at Grace, taking her roughly by the neck. "Lets go ahead and set the punishment for this filthy female." His eyes cut to Anita. "That one too."

Suddenly he was dragging Grace out of the room and into the office towards the entrance as she screamed, kicking and thrashing. Anita tried to jump up but her chains wouldnt let her. Zaryn and Nic both held themselves back with restraint.. knowing that her punishment would be apart of the show.. not going through with it..

but it was supposed to be Blake who was in charge.. not a psychotic unstable alpha dead set on vengeance. We all stood in a panic .. ready to follow Conrad.

Both Nic and Zaryn cared about what happened for different reasons.

"Wait!" Anita yelled out, our eyes turning onto her as well as Alpha Conrads as he stopped.

"Yes?" Conrad cocked his head to the side, waiting.

Closing her eyes, she spoke blankly. "It was me. All of it."

Just as we thought.. she knew what Conrad was capable of.. she wasnt going to let her niece suffer at his hands when knowing she could leave Grace here.. knowing she had a chance to live rather than dying by the hands of Conrad. Anita had already lost everything in this room. She knew she would die anyways. She was using the last kindness in her heart for saving grace.

Conrad entered the meeting room once more, shoving Grace into her previously occupied chair as he fell into his own, waiting.

Sighing, Anita closed her eyes. "Grace didnt know my plans for her. The plans i made with Ben. She only found out what I had done when she was sent here. Ben had been finding the unamted alpha males that would come to training but it was difficult.. most of them had already found their mates.. we had almost given up hope until Zaryn arrived. Ben told me about him so i convinced Grace to befriend him. I knew her heat was arriving so i had her drink a special tea i made.. masking her scent completely. Thats when Zaryn fell into the spell of a heat induced desire. It was the only way for her to have an Alpha mate.. we couldn't risk finding her own mate and discovering he wasn't an alpha. She became pregnant and i knew once you knew.. youd force Zaryn to do the right thing.. therefore she would have an Alpha to mate with, giving you an heir and no one would question Grace's bloodlines.. we could live as we had been.. i could move up and be with Ben... you wouldn't kill Grace.  Only..." her head craned in my direction, eyes narrowing.

"We had a snag along the way. He came home with Grace only to find his mate had just shifted. Grace called you.. hoping you'd intervene.. which you did. But it didnt keep them apart. She called me daily to inform me of the events transpiring. I told her she had no choice but to use the youngest son.. he is in love with Nova.. she could use that to her advantage.. so she fooled him. And he set out to spy on Zaryn.. digging up information. He was quite gullible." She smirked at me.

She's not even mentioning the poisoned tea...she knows of my care for him and she isnt going to admit to it!.

"When i came here... i didnt come just to help her pup survive the mate bond their wolves were creating. I came to push Nova into Deacon's arms. But once i found out Grace had met her mate... I knew I had to work fast. He was sniffing around the cabin... being around her was going to change her mind so yes.. I did use Deacon.. i ... convinced him to  force a mark between he and Nova so Grace could be with Zaryn but it never worked.. i even tried to get rid of her.. sending Deacon with tea to give to Nova for her heat. But he gave it to Eden to give to her instead. Eden wasnt supposed to drink it. But she did.. and that's everything." Her eyes stared blankly up at Conrad whose lip curled back in disgust.

"Anita you are a sick excuse for a female. I regret putting my cock inside you while my mate was still alive. You were the reason she truly died.. not me. You disgust me." He seethed, leaning across the table and backhanding her hard, her head whipped to the side.

No one made a move to help her.

Grace's tears were back. All this female did was cry. She turned to look at Conrad. "What? You.. you cheated on mom with her own sister?" Her voice high.

He rolled his eyes, stepping away.

"please! Wait!  You see it wasnt me. I never wanted to be apart of this. Please. Don't abandon me. I'm not wanted here." She whispered softly to him..

Conrad chuckled, eyes landing on her stomach. "I dont want you. You aren't my blood and this wolf.. " he gestured to Zaryn. "he doesnt want you either. Nor your own mate. Youre damaged. What good are you to me now without an heir?" .

Conrad nodded at Blake. "Do what you wish with them. Kill the witch though. There's no hope for her. Im packing my things and im leaving." He turned his back on us all as Grace cried out.. begging him.

Slamming the door behind him as he exited the office.. we were all quiet

Our other Beta came in a second later, as Blake rose from his chair. He must have mind linked him.  "Take Anita down to the cellar. Make sure she is chained heavily in silver."

The Beta nodded, rounding the conference table as he stopped short.. seeing the massacre before his eyes.. the dead beta with blood dripping down the walls. He paled slightly, stepping over ben and releasing Anita from the chair before cuffing her hands behind her back once more as he led her out. Her eyes lingered on Bens form as she passed his bloodied body. She growled, her wolf peering through as she turned her head towards me as Beta tugged at her.. "I will ruin your life before I die here. I promise you that little pup." Her face contorted into one of pure evil that sent chills down my spine.

"Come on you wretch." Beta pulled her as she staggered along out of the office door but not before promising me again.

"I will ruin you! Do you hear me!?!?"

The door closed behind them and we were all silent.. taking in all of the information.. we got what we had wanted... but Grace was still here.. and Deacon never got his justice. Anita knew what she was doing by not mentioning poisoning him..

The two things i needed to happen never did. I can either convince Blake about Deacon and beg him to send Grace away..

Or i can go with plan B if he refuses.

My eyes landed on the bloodied wall.. smeared and splattered. I had almost forgotten about the dead Beta in the room for a second.

"Lets get everyone out of here so we can get someone in here to clean up the mess." Alpha  Blake's  tired voice was low and his eyes filled with stress.

We all rose from our seats and i felt thankful now that my brothers test was never mentioned. It would be a bad way to let the secret out. My mom needed to do that on her own. I noticed the relief in Luna's eyes as we filed out of the slaughter house.

We were almost out the door when I remembered the test has been forgotten.. left on the table.

Panicking, i turned to see Alpha Blake holding it in his hand, his brows scrunched in confusion..

"Whats this? Nic?" His head raised as everyone turned back to see what Blake was speaking of.

"What is it?" Dad asked as he came forward.

Blake frowned, looking back down. "Nic's test is positive for the Alpha gene... how is that possible?"

Fuck.

Dun dun dun!!!

Hope you liked it. I didnt really like how i wrote it but i was pressed for time!

I might re edit it later on.. make it in front of the entire pack idk.

Next chapter is the family learning about Blake and Dahlia. Oh snap!!!

Comment! Vote!

Vote vote vote please!

Dont forget!

Its this star right  here
\/ 🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 235 21
"You over estimate your importance in my life, Logan. Just because we share, shared a stupid bond does not make me hooked to you." _____ Summer Bella...
460K 13.9K 21
After her mom died, her Dad, who blamed her for the death of her mother, started beating her everyday. She's been told that she's a slut, a whore, a...
8.3K 325 67
Nova is the daughter of Alpha James Doxon of the New Moon pack ranked the 3rd biggest in the U.S. She is a fierce warrior and skilled tracker. She's...
1.6M 43K 50
Clare, a teenage werewolf, must face the darkness of the pack that took her in. Cold Creek Pack, took in Clare only because of their reputation. Othe...