The Lyre: Harry Styles Fanfic...

By sonyafox4

I didn't like being rough with her, but this had to stop. I didn't hurt her, but I wasn't gentle. "Harry, let... More

Say A Prayer And Kiss Your Heart Goodbye
I Could Tell That She Was Curious
That Girl Is A Problem
She's Not Gay
You And I
Run
I'm Leaving You. No You Ain't
Part title
Drunken Kiss
Unbuckle My Belt
Can I Take You Home With Me
He Can't Keep His Wild Eyes On The Road
What Are You Doing, Lila
No Control
Come
Young Lady
Collarbone
On Her Back
Shatter
Stranded
Niall
Barbie
Breakfast Food
I See You
He'll Never Love You Like I Can
Age
Well, technically....
Head
Everybody Wanna Steal My Girl
I Just Can't Get Enough
Spanked
Underaged
Knight
Sneak
Dear Readers
When I Get That Feeling
'Till We Torch It Ourselves
Theo
Prints
In Niall's Arms
Wink
The Waterworks
The Story Of My Life
Rubbing
Just How Fast The Night Changes
Take A Sip
If You Don't Wanna Take It Slow
Dear Most Amazing Readers EVER
Shock and Awe
Liam's
You Get This Kind Of Rush
And I'll Be Gone, Gone Tonight
Did You?
Hit The Pedal, Heavy Metal
Where Do Broken Hearts Go
Don't Judge
The Things You Know That We Shouldn't Do
Someone Like You, Always Be My Baby
Every Corner Calling Out Your Name
I Can't Contain This Anymore
Sweet Dread
That's Alright Because I Like The Way It Hurts
Legs Spread
I Don't Exist If I Don't Have Her
Dr. Payne
Hey, Stranger
Everyone Else In The Room Can See It
We Go Fast With The Game We Play
Passing Notes
Like Toys That He Wants
Savoring The Flavor
Swallows
Hell And Back
Dear Readers
My Turn
Shots, Bail and Dimples
I Know Nothing's Making Sense
Hides Behind A Cigarette
Hips Don't Lie
Meet In The Middle
Anyone In Between Is The Enemy
Hard Liquor Mixed With a Bit of Intellect
We Never Learn, We've Been Here Before
The Way You Light Up My World
Baby I'm Right Here
Grab

The Way That I've Been Holding On Too Tight

1.5K 51 115
By sonyafox4

(Gwen)

The harp music that I set my alarm to on my phone began to play, telling me it was ten minutes past eight in the morning.

Without moving or opening my eyes, I reached over to slap around on my nightstand to find it.

When my hand flew through the air, not making contact with a table, I opened my eyes.

Oh yeah
I came here at Zayn's last night with Lila
And we've got orientation this morning

I turned off my alarm, stretched, sat up and walked into the guest bathroom to pee. The bathroom was set up like a suite, thank God because I had nothing with me.

It was stocked with extra shampoos, conditioners, soaps, toothbrushes, lotions and everything else you'd need.

After brushing my teeth,
I left the room to find Lila. Before I rounded the corner in the hallway, I heard voices coming from the direction of the kitchen.

I walked closer, quietly and recognized Lila's voice.

"Zayn, it's not about earning money. You've always given me everything I've ever wanted. It's about wanting to help kids who need it", Lila said.

"Kaly, not psychology", Zayn said to her.

"A therapist helped me when I was little. I was scared and lost and mute. I'd love to be able to do that, even if I could help just one kid", Lila retorted.

"I'm glad you got the help you needed, Kaly, but what if working with disturbed children triggers something? What if there are things from your early childhood that are best left forgotten? I'm afraid for you. As usual", Zayn said, his voice soft and caring.

"What? Do you think I'll be talking to a little girl and suddenly a memory will surface, then I'll have a psychotic breakdown or go insane or something?", Lila asked, disbelieving Zayn's concern.

"Well....I don't....I mean, yeah, maybe? Something like that. Normally when a person has blocked things out of their memory, it's a survival mechanism.
They're guarding themselves from something traumatic and Kalila, you don't remember a thing from your birth to ten years old, then only a couple of random memories from ten to twelve years old. There's a reason. And it scares me", Zayn confessed quickly, almost nervously.

"Zayn....lets say that happened. Let's say I recollect things from my past and the memories are horrible. That would tell me that I remembered them because my subconscious knew I was finally able to handle them", Lila said back.

"Kalila, your....anxiety attacks have started up again....running when you feel....confronted or threatened like you used to....", Zayn's voice deepened.

"....do you think it's a good idea to add the stress of studying psychological conditions and disorders?"

I heard Zayn take a deep breath and there was silence for a few seconds.

"This is just so out of the blue. You've never expressed any interest in college", he said.

"I didn't have any until now. Maybe I'm just getting older and want to contribute something back to society. Be useful", Lila said, making me love her even more than I already did.

I heard a few footsteps and a sigh.

"I understand what you're saying, Kalila, but the answer is no", Zayn said, flatly.

"I care way too deeply about your wellbeing. I have to put my foot down about this. I have to protect you", Zayn said, softly and somehow I knew he had his hands on her shoulders.

The way he spoke
This man was really intimidating

I decided to make my presence known.
I walked closer to the kitchen, making my footsteps clear and letting out an audible yawn.

I walked into the room and Zayn and Lila looked over at me.

For a second, I was speechless. I saw that he was hot last night, but looking at him awake and the way he held himself.
He was one of the sexiest men I'd ever seen.

Lila forced a smile and Zayn suspiciously looked me up and down.

"Gwen! Good morning! Gwen, this is Zayn", she gestured from me to him.

Zayn walked over to me and politely smiled as he held up his right hand to shake mine, which I did.

He put his hand on my shoulder.
"It's nice to meet you, Gwen. I hope you were comfortable last night", he said, sincerely, in a kind voice.

"Oh, more than comfortable", I genuinely replied.
"Your home is amazing", I said and his smile widened.

"Well, you're welcome here anytime", Zayn said with an absurdly perfect, gorgeous smile.
He looked over to Lila and back to me.

"Ladies, I have to get moving. Gwen, it was a pleasure to meet you. Kaly, I've got to shower and get dressed for a meeting I have in the city, but will be here at six-thirty to pick you up for dinner", he said and Lila nodded as he kissed her forehead.

I watched him as he walked out of the kitchen, observing how confident and strong he was.

Not to mention hot
And about to get in a shower
Not an unpleasant thing to picture

"Hot damn", I looked at her with eyes widened in sheer submission. Lila looked at me, completely understanding my expression.

"I know", she said with a knowing smile that I nodded back to, then looked back at the doorway Zayn had just walked through.

But "The answer is no"?
"I have to put my foot down"?

My phone chimed and shook me from my thoughts.
I read a text from Niall.

Niall: I'll be there in an hour

Gwen: Will you bring me some clothes? And maybe some of that juice you made the other morning?😬
Niall: Already packed both
Gwen: I love you!
Niall: Love you too

"So, Niall will be here in an hour", I told Lila and she frowned.

"Yeah, about the university....I...I've been thinking that I need to work a little longer in photography...", Lila said, "Just for now!", she quickly added.

"Totally get it", I nodded, not pressing her for the truth.

But I'm telling Niall about this
I thought, like a ten year old tattletale, but I didn't care.

It just didn't seem right.

(Niall)

I set my phone down after texting Gwen, started eating my salmon and cream cheese topped bagel and drank my coffee.

My phone rang and I answered, seeing it was Liam.

"You home?", he asked me.
"Yeah, but I'm leaving in a bit to pick up Gwen", I told him.
"From where?", Liam said, his voice sounding scratchy and odd.

"She spent the night with Lila last night. I'm picking her up to take her to orientation".

"Oh, right", Liam said, but there was something definitely off in the way he sounded.

"Liam, what's going on?", I asked him, bluntly.
"I'm not....okay", Liam said, making me sit up straight, on alert.

"Are you hurt??", I asked, fast.
"No, I'm....how soon are you leaving to get Gwen?", he asked and I heard him sniff.

"About ten minutes", I answered.
"Don't leave without me. I'll come with you to get her. I'm about five minutes away", he said and ended the call.

Minutes later I heard my front door open.
"Niall?", Liam yelled.
"Kitchen!", I yelled back.

"Let's take the Ferrari", I told Liam and we headed for my garages.
"Grab Gwen's bag?", I asked him as I put the red mixed fruit juice into a cooler for her and added another one for Lila.

"Thanks", I said to Liam as he tossed Gwen's bag over his shoulder and followed me.

"No problem. I'm relieved to be around you guys", he said as we got in my car.

"What's up?", I asked him on the way to Zayn's.

"Cheryl and I are done", he said, looking straight ahead.

"What?! What hap....why??", I said, truly surprised.

We were all waiting for Liam to propose, which he told us was going to be any day now.

His eyes went to his lap and then he looked out the side window, earnestly.

"She cheated", he said and my eyes went wide from the road over to him.

"What?! No. She wouldn't...she...are you sure??", I looked from the road to Liam, wishing I could keep eye contact, but had to keep driving.

"She told me", he said, erasing any hope that it wasn't true.

"Man. Liam. I...I'm so sorry. I...", I said, sincerely.
"Is there...is there any way you could possibly work it out or is this just "game over" or...."

"I just want to get it off my mind for even just thirty seconds", was all he said.

"Well, I can help you with that", I told him and took a deep breath.

"I had to get Gwen from Theo's house the night before last".

"Are you fucking serious", Liam said, going from sad to pissed in two seconds.

I pressed my lips into a flat line and nodded.

"How did you know she was there?", Liam now leaned in towards me.

"I was at that club near Dani's condo, "Chances?", is it?", I looked at Liam.
"Choices", he corrected me.

"Right, Choices. So, I ran into Lila on the dance floor and we danced for a song. After, she wanted another drink and told me Gwen was there with her. I was surprised at first, Gwen didn't mention anything, but no big deal. But then Lila said Gwen left because she had too much to drink".

I could feel Liam's glare on the right side of my face and wondered if I shouldn't have told him this.

Too late now

"I called her immediately and when she texted she was in bed, I just knew", I told Liam.

"Have you called Cullen?", Liam asked.
"No", I answered, immediately.

"What? Niall, he's going to kill you if he finds out that you knew and didn't tell him, Mate".

"You know Cullen would lose his shit and wind up in jail", Niall said without thinking.

"Yeah. Like somebody else I know", Liam looked at me, referring to what happened that night we were both now remembering.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

838K 33.3K 44
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
663K 31.6K 55
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
339K 7.3K 34
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.5M 51.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...