Beautiful Mistakes {Zayn M.}

By fearless_1D

Rosemary Collins is your typical twenty year old college girl. She has a bright future ahead of her, and ever... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue
Author's note

Chapter 30

1K 40 5
By fearless_1D

Melissa started to prep me for this delivery while Zayn went out in the hallway to call both of our families, as well as the boys and my friends.

First, the anesthesiologist came in and gave me an injection directly into my back, numbing my body from my rib cage down. I was then given this gross chalky liquid that I was supposed to drink. They told me it was supposed to do something to the acids in my stomach or something like that. I didn’t even know what that meant. All I knew was that it tasted gross. The nurses also a catheter in me. I was getting closer and closer to having this baby as they kept adding wires and tubes to my body.

Zayn walked into the room right as Melissa was putting in my IV. “You’re family is on their way down here. My mom is coming down too. They won’t be here for a few hours, but they are coming. The lads are on their way also, and Sabrina is leaving work right now to pick up Cecilia and Alexis.”

I nodded my head as I felt a little pinch in my right arm where my IV was placed. “Okay Rose. We’re all set. We are just going to wheel you down to the operating room now.” Melissa informed me.

A couple more nurses came into the room. They helped push the hospital bed through the hallways. Zayn walked by my side the entire way, holding my hand for comfort.  

We turned a corner, and there were two big swinging metal doors in front of us. The sign on the front of the door said something about only authorized people could go through them. When we entered this restricted area, it turned back into the institutional hospital everyone was familiar with; tiled floors, white walls, doors on both sides of the hallways. I saw a room with a big number ‘3’ on a plaque just outside the door. That’s the room we would be going into. I remembered Dr. Mitchell mentioning that number.

The nurses pushed me into the room, and I saw a few more people. Dr. Mitchell was washing his hands behind a big metal sink. The same anesthesiologist was also in there, as well as, from what I assumed, people to attend to our daughter once she was delivered. I saw a table where they were probably going to set her to make sure everything is okay. I also was an incubator. I’ve seen enough doctor shows to know that it wasn’t a good thing if she were to be placed in there.

“Zayn.” Melissa said. I didn’t even notice that we had stopped and that I was in the middle of the room. People were all around me getting things ready. “I need you to put on these scrubs over your clothes and this mask. And please go wash your hands in that sink when you are done.”

He slipped into the scrubs, and then left my side for a couple minutes. In those few long, agonizing minutes a large curtain was pulled over my midsection, blocking my view from everything involving my lower half.

I started to panic a little. I had no sense of what was going on. Everything was cut off, and all I could do was listen to what was going on around me. There was so much commotion. People we talking, speaking in doctor language. Tools were clanking around. I’m sure one of them was the knife, or whatever it’s called they use to cut me open. The lights were shining bright all around me.

Zayn soon came back to my side. He smiled down at me after he noticed my uneasiness. “It’s all going to be okay babe. The doctors know what they are doing. Our daughter is going to be perfectly fine.”

“I know. I’m just not ready for this. We haven’t even picked out a name yet.” I stated.

Zayn chuckled. “Don’t worry about that right now. We’ll think of something.” He leaned down, and kissed me before putting his mask on.

Dr. Mitchell came over. “You ready Rose?” He had his full surgery gear on. I nodded. “Alright. Let’s get this baby out.” He walked to the other end of the table. I couldn’t see him anymore. All I could see was the damn sheet and Zayn. “Melissa, come over here and help me out.” He said. That was the last thing I wanted to hear from any of them. This was all starting to freak me out.

“Zayn talk to me.” He had been looking on the other side of the curtain for some reason. I needed him here paying attention to me. The doctors had everything with our daughter taken care of. I needed his support right now.

“He just cut you open.” Zayn informed me. I don’t know if he meant to say that or if it just slipped out because he was just as nervous as I was, but it wasn’t what I want to hear.

I pulled on his hand, and made him come closer to me. “Don’t say that. Just….talk to me. Distract me.”

Zayn knelt down so he was eye level with me. “You’re doing great right now. Our little girl is almost here, and you’re going to get to hold her, and tell her how much you love her. And your parents and sisters will get to see her soon too. They are going to love her. My mum will be so happy to see you because she thinks you are the best thing that’s ever happened to me. And I know for a fact that this whole crazy situation is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I get to have you and whoever our daughter is going to be and I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“I need a nurse over here now.” I heard Dr. Mitchell say. I looked in the direction of his voice.

“Look at me babe.” I averted my attention back to Zayn. “Everything is okay. He’s probably just getting ready to take her out.” That made sense to me. Though I couldn’t feel any sort of pain, I could detect some pulling and pressure in the area I assumed was where the incision was.

“Terri, get everything ready over there. I’ve almost got her.” Dr. Mitchell told another nurse.

In that moment I got even more anxious and excited than originally was. My baby was almost here. In a few short moments I was going to hear her cry for the first time. Even though I wasn’t going to get to hold her right away, getting to hear her, and possibly see her was enough for me. I’ve been waiting for this moment ever since I found out I was pregnant.

Zayn was still looking at me, running a hand through my hair comforting me. He smiled at me. I felt as if he had been anticipating this moment just as much as I have. We weren’t expecting her for another ten weeks, but I don’t think either one of us cared at this point. Sure we didn’t know what we were doing, but who does when they become a new parent? He and I were in this together.

“I have her.” Dr. Mitchell said. My heart started pounding when I heard him say that. She was coming. Right now. This was the happiest moment in my life.

I felt one last tug on my body, and that was when everything that was supposed to be happy turned into chaos. I saw some nurses rush over to where Dr. Mitchell was working. At the far end of the room there were more nurses getting ready for when they brought our daughter to them. I assumed so they could clean her up before I, or Zayn got the chance to hold her. I was wrong though.

Dr. Mitchell shouted across the room to the nurses. “She’s not breathing.”

Zayn stood up when he heard Dr. Mitchell’s comment. Worry struck his eyes when he looked over to the other side of the room.

“What’s going on?” I asked Zayn. I took ahold of his hand, but it was like he didn’t even feel me because he was too paralyzed from witnessing the scene in front of him. Tears started to spill from my eyes. I was scared. All I could hear was people talking back and forth. Saying words that I didn’t understand. The only thing I knew for sure was that something was wrong with my daughter, and I wasn’t getting told anything.

I saw someone rush past me with some sort of apparatus in her hands.

“Zayn, babe tell me what’s happening.” I could barely get the words out.

He finally looked down at me, shaking his head. “I don’t know. There’s too many people around her. I can’t tell.” Tears were starting to form in his eyes too. “It’s….it’s going to be okay though. They are working on making sure everything is fine.”

The only thing I could do was nod my head, and just listen for the sound of her. Just so I could know that she was okay. That she was alive.

The next clear voice I heard was Dr. Mitchell’s. He appeared on my side of the curtain with a calm expression, as if nothing wrong was going on. “Rose, I’m going to stitch you up now. The other doctors and nurses are taking care of her.” He disappeared to the other side of the curtain.

I wanted to scream. This isn’t how I thought the delivery of my daughter would go. I hadn’t seen her yet. I didn’t know what her condition was, but the one thing that was hurting me the most was that I hadn’t even had the chance to tell her I loved her. She needed to know that her mommy loved her more than anything in the world.

I feared that the most. I felt like that chance was slipping further and further away.

Until…..

I heard a faint sound of a cry from the corner.

-------------------------------------

A/N: So....we have a baby. Yay! We still don't have a name though. I know what it will be, but you all are just going to have to wait a little longer. 

This chapter is shorter, and I was going to add the next part to it, but I decided against it. I kind of feel like I'm dragging out this whole delivery thing longer than I should be though. I'm sorry if it's boring you. I promise though that it is going to pick up. 

And can you believe it? Chapter 30 already. It seems like it hasn't been that long, but I guess it has. I've never actually gotten this far into a story. This will be my first completed one when it's finished, and I think I'm probably more excited about that than I should be. 

Also, if you celebrate Thanksgiving.....HAPPY THANKSGIVING! It's one of my favorite holidays, so I'm pretty excited. I've been baking and tomorrow is more cooking, and eating, and I just love it. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, then stuff your face anyway. That's always a fun thing to do. 

One last thing, thank you to everyone who has read. Because of you guys, this story has 7,500+ reads. That is a crazy number to me because I never had that many reads without the share your story club. I actually feel like I have gotten reads because I've done a good job, and that just makes me happy. 

VOTE/COMMENT/FOLLOW

XOXO

~Nicole

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80.4K 1.3K 40
What will Lindsay, the girl who models for a living, do when she meets the one and only Zayn Malik from One Direction? All for publicity, the eightee...
460K 6.6K 64
Jade Adelphia. Average brunette in California. Her younger sister, Saidi, is IN LOVE with One Direction, while Jade has never heard of their existenc...
31.1K 770 38
Alexis was a regular 18 year old girl. her life was totally normal. she went to school, had a boyfriend, had family. but what happens when something...
304K 7.9K 40
hana samir is egyptian/british girl , she's 19 years old , her mother died in a car crash when hana was only 12 years old , she lives with her drunk...