Shatter ✔ #TheWattys2017

By Wowchilee

HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN WEREWOLF [[*COMPLETED*]] Nova is the daughter of a Beta. And her mate? The Alphas firs... More

➸ 1. Shattered Soul
➸ 2. Sorry
➸ 3. The Pull
➸ 4. Selfish
5. Heart❤
6. Damage
7. Sorrow
8. Homecoming
9. Twisting Knives
10. Skin
11. Matter
12. Desire
13. Home
14. Rules
15. Attack
16. Last Time
17. A Gift
18. Brother, Oh Brother
19. Lying Games
20. Eden
21. Pain
22. Agony
23. Intoxicated Lust
24. Disgrace
25. Savage☠
26. Loophole
27. Thrash
28. Beware
29. Instincts
30. Gracie
31. Night of Terror
32. Discovery
33. Alpha Conrad
34. The Meeting
35. Bitch Fight (literally)
36. Secrets (part 1)
38. Secrets (part 3)
39. Alpha Blood
40. Two Roads Diverged
41. Insidious
42. Heat.
*PRIVATE CHAPTERS*
43. Regrets
44. Broken
45. Proposition
46. Fire
47. Loose Ends
48. Runaway
49. Monster
50. Gone
51. Unsteady
52. Down We Go
53. Strong
54. Pack
55. Warrior
56. Beast - part 1
57. Beast - part 2
58. Alpha
59. Running With Wolves
60. Realities (re-edit)
61. In - Dependence
62. Free As A Bird
63. An Alpha's Command
64. Coming Home
65. Tongue Teeth & Claws
66. Heart & Soul
67. Painful Memories
68. Strength
69. Vicious
70. Undiluted Pleasure (MA)
71. Hot and Cold
72. United Front
73. New Beginnings
74. Scent
75. The Moon's Will
76. Prepare
77. Packs of Wolves
78. WAR p.1. (edited)
79. WAR p.2 (edited)
80. Bloody Meadow (word edit)
81. Gemini Moon ♊
82. Alive
83. Blessings
84. Death
85. Funeral
86. Letters || 86.2 Mates (additon)
87. Fireworks
88. The Change
89. Powers
90. Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde (edited / re-read new material)
91. Savior *[the finale]*
Epilogue I - "I Do"
Epilogue II. Birth-Daze
.:*Cover Contest Right Here!!!*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD. P2*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD P3*:.
Epilogue III - Winning
COVER FINALS!!!
Epilogue IV - All Grown Up
EXCITING NEWS ABOUT SHATTER!
[[rachelle]]

37. Secrets (part 2)

241K 8.4K 2.9K
By Wowchilee

An: this chapter has been extended into 3 parts. Explanation at the bottom. Kate beckensale has been cast as Dahlia. Angelina Jolie as Anita. Penelope Cruz will play Luna Penelope and Sofia Vergara (my other girl crush) will play Nyra (read the chapter to find out who Nyra is).

Xoxo
Chilee

_______________________________________

☆°¤♡*Nova*♡¤°☆

A thick haze of dread washed over me as I sat on the soft down comforter in my room, staring blankly at the turquoise wall.

The rain was picking up outside, pounding down with so much force as the storm progressed.. wind blew fiercely, howling as limbs from the tree outside my window scraped and scratched along the glass.. dark clouds hanging overhead. No lights on in my bedroom, the only light being from my open curtains, allowing the greyness from the stormy day to brighten my room only slightly.. not far from being pitch black 

It was as if i knew something bad was going to happen.. this dread in my bones cutting me deep.. making me feel on edge.

I jolted out of a trance as a flash of lightning lit the sky followed by a roll of thunder.. the storm coming through with vigor. It had been raining since last night, never letting up, only now, it had progressed to a full thunder storm.

I rose from my bed and went to my closet, slipping off my heels and changing into a pair of knee length brown rubber rain boots. The rain had flooded the land a bit, making it impossible to not get my feet wet on my walk to the packhouse. It was times like these I wish I hadn't wrecked our golf cart in early spring.

i made my way downstairs. It was already about 1:00... i had just been sitting in my room... thinking.. planning my move if things didnt work out in my favor.

I figured out where i would take Deacon if anything went wrong.

By that i mean if Grace was let off scott free and Deacon was facing punishment. I hadn't even thought of Zaryn the past few days.. i know he had wanted to talk to me but I avoided him. Deacon did a horrible thing to me.. one that gave me nightmares but i know that it wasn't him. It was a version of him under the influence of Anita. But Zaryn... he wasn't under influence when he kissed Grace.. or when he fed her from his hand when she first arrived as i watched from my bedroom window when i lived at the pack house. He didnt stand up to his dad for me.. he just said he needed to do right thing.

I understood because I know how parental wolves can be over a pup but it still hurt and i felt salty over being rejected. Even though now i know the letter wasn't  from him... it was rewitten by anita or grace.. but that was the last straw where i truly gave up on him.

That was the last thing that made me numb.

I haven't given him a fair chance but neither has he given me one. Until now. Knowing something was off due to the fact he couldnt sense her heat.. herbal teas only

Just in case things don't go the way i need them to... i have a plan.

Because if she winds up staying here on our land, pregnant with my mates pup still... i couldn't be around for that. My dad assured me that she would probably leave the land with her father... but i think once he finds out about her... he wont want anything to do with her. Alpha Conrad is... well he's mountainous. He is rugged.. and he's a wolf who only cares about himself.

Guiding myself down the stairs, i could hear mom still in the kitchen putting away dishes. Frowning to myself, i walked down to the kitchen and watched as she frantically buzzed about, hands shaking as she finished cleaning up.

"Mom.."

"Oh gosh!" She jumped as she turned, eyes wide with a hand on her heart. "You scared me Nova. I didn't hear you!"

My frown increased. She had been so wrapped up in her own world, she hadnt even heard me come down the stairs?

I have to...

I was going to wait to get this out... but i need to tell her..

"I saw you in the clearing yesterday with Luna P and Alpha B." I deadpanned her. She blanched at my words, mouth parting in surprise

"W-what-"

"Save it mom. I figured out your secret last week. I think its time you atone for your betrayel." I glared, hardening my gaze on her before shifting my eyes towards the door as i moved past her.

"Wait! Nova! Please. Dont leave. Please!" She pleaded with her words, her beautiful face fell in sorrow as she meandered around the island. My hand moved away from the door knob, curious as to what she possibly had to say.

Turning, i narrowed my eyes at her as she stood before me, her green orbs not meeting mine.

"Let me explain..." her voice was soft.

I scoffed. "You mean explain why Nic is not my full brother? Why he's my mates half brother? Please.. im all ears..." rolling my eyes, i crossed my arms over my chest. Waiting.

Exhaling, the dark circles under her eyes seeming darker than usual, she glanced up at me, motioning me to follow her to the sofa. She sat down, looking up at me expectantly. Sighing, i resigned my irritated mood and followed her, taking a seat beside her as i stared down at my boots.. uncomfortable.

My mom and I have never had many serious conversations. She's been a good mom.. but we just dont talk like this. Not about personal stuff. I never even knew how she and dad met. Both she and dad kept things to themselves.

"I want to start off by saying i love you and your brother equally. And i love your father. Very much. As you know.. "

I reigned in the scoff that wanted to come forth. Her hand gently touched my arm at which i flinched, a look of hurt crossing her face.

"your dad and Blake have been friends since they were just pups.. which makes it hard for me to tell this story. I never wanted to hurt your dad... I never thought Nic could be Blake's son at all.. "

Nodding to myself, i motioned with my hand for her to continue, never looking her way.

She let out a shaky breath. "Well..  as you know.. i came from the silver moon pack, one of our northern allies." I nodded in response, still never meeting her gaze.

"Your father found me there. During his beta training. Now its different.. now Alpha's begin training as soon as they have their first shift at 17 and Betas start training at age 20.. both finishing at age 22. But back before Blake was Alpha, Betas started as soon as they shifted as well..  and instead of two years, they trained for four along with the Alpha. So your dad was newly shifted.. seventeen and had come to my lands for training. I was only 16 when he came but i thought he was the most handsome boy i had ever seen. He flirted with me some but that was it. Near the end of the summer, I turned 17 and had my first shift. Afterwards, i could smell the most enticing scent...  i knew instantly it was my mate.. my wolf was going crazy, wanting to get out. She took control of me.. and i shifted, seeking Jack out. When i found him, he was surprised to say the least. His wolf came out as well and our wolves marked each other instantly. It was love at first sight.... for them" She let out a breath of laughter through her nose as i glanced up, seeing the sparkle in her eyes as she stared straight ahead.. stuck in her memories.

"What about the skin side?" I questioned, feeling myself lean in in interest.

A small grimace came over her smooth skin. "When we shifted back into our skins, he was angry at me.. he said he didnt want a mate just yet. That i ruined his life. He told me he wouldn't mark my skin side.. that he had three more years of training and he didn't need to be distracted by a mate. I was crushed inside.. i felt like my own mate never wanted me. He explained he wanted me and would have me.. but not until his training was over." Her eyes seemed sad but her words surprised me.

I thought my dad loved my mom as soon as he found her?

"His alpha, Blake's dad, found out we were mates and forced him to bring me here.. to live within the pack.  you know females go to their males pack. Our wolves had already marked each other so, like you and Zaryn, we could feel the wants and needs of each others wolves.. and sometimes the skin side if it was extreme enough.. then our wolves felt them... when i came back with him, his parents were not happy about him bringing me along."

This surprised me. Nana and papa loved mom.. they always have.

"They had wanted him to finish Beta training and win the challenges when he turned of age before he found his mate... but here i had come with half a mate bond. No friends. No family. I was so alone." Her eyes crinkled at the unpleasant memory.

This all shocked me.. I listened intently, lips parted as i watched her expressions change with each memory.

"They put me up in a cabin.. the one in the forrest a ways away from here. Its deserted now.. grown up. Dilapidated. No one uses it anymore because its so far away from the pack house. That's where i stayed.. Jack never came to see me.. i was on my own. The females weren't kind, as your dad had many fans but he was dedicated to his training. Betas ran in his family.. he had to make Beta. His father put a lot of pressure on him. Blake was the first friend I made. He wanted to meet his best friends mate so one day Jack brought him and his mate out to the cabin. Jack introduced us then just left them with me. He didnt stay around me much because we felt the bond...he didn't like the fact it made him feel weak and he trusted Blake.  Mind you we were all 17 at the time.. but Blake had found his mate as well... she was a beautiful girl.. dark hair... green eyes.. her name was Nyra. She was from Dark Moon pack... the pack no one trusted."

I recall mom calling Penelope "dark moon" as well...

" But she was sweet.. kind..  the two of them were so cute together and they were my very first friends. I became best friends with Nyra. She was so funny.. always mispronouncing english words. Dark Moon speak another language.. their pack members are very.. exotic."

I rose my brows. It made sense.. Luna Penelope had exotic features as well as a slight accent.. her son's had that exotic look as well, only lighter skin.

"Blake would always come check on me.. to see if i needed anything.. they were the only wolves i had.. six months passed. Jack hadn't seen me for three of those. He always made a point to disappear and Blake became angry over the fact he paid me no mind. Nyra was angry as well. Blake tried to talk to Jack but it led to a fight.. so he let it go. No one stood up for me besides Blake and Nyra. They were my friends. My dearest friends." She sniffled, her eyes glazing over with unshed tears. This was a tough memory for her. No wonder my parents never talked about how they met.

My heart clenched at hearing this story.. i had no idea the pain my mom endured with my dad.. i just thought.. they fell in love?

"One day the three of us had gone to the top of the waterfall. It was my special spot i liked to go to."

Ironic.

"Some females had been giving me some problems about Jack.. making fun of the unwanted mate. Nyra decided i should have some fun so the three of us went jumping off the waterfall.. it was an adrenaline rush like no other. The second time we jumped, Nyra went first. She jumped with the fall of the water, but it pulled her within its flow. On the way down, she hit a ledge that sits right behind the waterfall. We didnt know there was a cave behind the waterfall... it isnt visible to the naked eye. But at the mouth of the cave was a stony ledge that juts out.. its not visible either.. "

I felt my brows furrow in confusion. I had never seen a cave or even heard of one and i went to the waterfall often.

Mom closed her eyes as she swallowed back her tears. "She fell. Crashing ontop of it with the force of the water pounding on top of her and died instantly. Blake and I raced to the bottom.. discovering the mouth of the cave.. she was there.. lying there broken and battered. Seventeen.. she was so young.. so beautiful.. so strong.. and her life was snuffed out in an instant from something so ... simple as jumping into water.. " mom met my stare as she continued.

"Blake was broken. He held her and cried... i cried as well.. for my best friend. We didnt find out until after the autopsy that she was pregnant. It crushed Blake even more. Weeks passed and Blake became unmanageable.. Jack blamed me for her death and said some horrible things to me.. leaving me alone for good..  but Blake.. he knew it wasn't my fault. I was there for him as he was there for me. I let him cry on my shoulder.. we cried together. We both loved her so much" i watched as a tear ran down her cheek and i felt my eyes sting.. my emotions slowly peeking their head back through the curtain of numbness i had felt for so long. She kept her eyes locked on nothing particular in front of her.. stuck in her memories.

"A few weeks later, I began experiencing symptoms.. i grew up without a mom so I didn't know then that it was my heat rearing its ugly head. Since i had newly shifted.. my heat was coming. Blake told me he could sense it.. and your father was never around. The next day i turned 18.. it was my birthday. No one threw me a party.. no one gave me a gift.. no one told me happy birthday." Mom's voice broke. "I was in so much pain and Blake was still suffering. He had turned 18 a week before and couldn't celebrate because of how depressed he was. Your dad had turned 18 the month before.. well.. that night, Blake came to my cabin with a birthday cake he had made himself. Candles lit.. and a present. It felt so nice that someone recognized my birthday. My wolf had become depressed over your dad and had recognized Blake as someone to lean on..  a savior of sorts. He was still broken over his loss but still made time to show me i was special. The gift was a bottle of tequila." She laughed lightly, shaking her head. "That.. and a friendship bracelet.. one made of leather that he had woven together himself. We ate the cake and cracked open the bottle.. i had never drank before and never realised until we were already drunk that it had hit me so fast. I told him in my drunken state how glad i was that he befriended me. That he and Nyra were the only ones there for me. Jack had come to hate me for messing up his life.. and i had no one. Except for blake. We began talking about Nyra.. it had been a short time since her death.. two months or so. Still so fresh. We were both crying.. intoxicated.. and that's when my heat came. Full force. Like i said, i had no one to tell me about what happens when you get your heat. I just knew it happened. My hormones were in the air and.. he couldn't resist. He looked at my eyes and told me when he saw them that all he could think of was Nyra.. we had the same eyes. Being a new shifting wolf without my mate around.... I should have been locked up alone. But i didn't know about what happened when you sensed your heat coming. That night we made a mistake that i will forever regret but at the same time i don't because i wouldn't have Nic." She smiled sadly before turning to me, her soft green eyes finding mine.

My heart ached.

" The next morning once the heat induced craze left us, we realized what had happened and he was a mess. I was a mess. He helped me rid the cabin of our scent before Jack found out.. we agreed never to speak of it. He felt as if he had betrayed not only his best friend but his dead mate.. he had to get away. I sat in my cabin as I went through my heat.. alone. No healer was there to help me and the pain was unbearable since Jack would never come for me."

What she spoke of was what I was about to go through.. i couldnt say i understood but i will soon. A female goes through her heat once she has her first shift. During this time, her body is getting ready to create life.  basically you need to be with your mate.. physically.. or you hurt so badly that you it feels as if your insides were being seared from what i have heard.. you spend the week screaming in pain until your heat finally goes away if you have no mate to soothe your pain..

Healers give females herbal pain relievers and sedate them if they don't plan on making new life with their mate or if they haven't found their mate, to keep the pain away. Being intimate with your mate however, is the one true pain reliever. Your body craves the touch of your mate.. or a male in general if you have no mate.. the hormones that secrete through your skin.. making you crave any touch..

it also drives male wolves insane. An unmated wolf can't resist it which is why the unmated females are locked away. They cant be tainted. A mated male wolf however, can resist a female in heat of it isnt their female. A mated female though is only craving pain relief. If an unmated male were to make it in.. there would be no stopping him from taking what he wanted and the female in heat would bend to his will.

So i could understand what my mom went through.

Mom sighed as she played with her mating ring, "i guess Jack experienced my pain from my wolf through the bond. His wolf pressed him.. urged him to go check on me two days after what happened with Blake. I was in so much pain. No one could hear my screams through the woods and Blake had felt too awful to come back to my cabin. When jack came inside, it was obvious i was going through my heat. He found me on the floor, screaming in pain.. sensing my hormones in the air.. he couldn't stop himself and that night we spent the entire night together and we completed the mate bond, marking each others skin sides. He spent the last two days with me.. cooped up in my cabin.. just.. loving each other." Her cheeks turned red as she smiled softly, not looking at me.

I scrunched my face up in disgust. I knew what she meant. They spent the entire time screwing.

"After my heat subsided.. I never hemmoraged.. no blood at all.. that's when i knew i was pregnant. I never thought for once it could be Blakes. Never. Your dad and i... had.. spent so much time together and i was so naive.. i was sure i was pregnant with his pup. The bond made me see inside his mind and him mine.. we forged a different bond.. one of love. We came to understand each other and he told everyone the good news. We had a mating ceremony and from then on we were inseparable. Nic was born and your dad became the best dad in the world at only 18 years old. He became a wonderful mate as well. He built this home for us and He finished his training and became future beta and the rest is history." She smiled sadly, remembering her life as a juvenile.

I didn't hate my mom anymore..

i felt for her.. for what she went through. My dad had treated her so awfully and I had been so worked up about her betrayel that i didnt think of what could have happened.

I didn't think of what could have transpired.. my mom wasn't a bad wolf. She had no knowlege of what was happening before it was too late and for that im thankful i have her. To help me.

"Why did you never tell him?" I whispered curiously.

She bit her bottom lip, looking down at her hands in her lap before meeting my eyes. "Because Blake made me promise not to. And i loved your father. It was an awful mistake and when it happened, i hated Jack because i felt rejected. But i was already pregnant when i was in my right mind again. By then i knew it would only hurt him and i didnt want to hurt him. Or his relationship with Blake.. his best friend. He would be Blake's beta one day and I couldn't let him feel anything but friendship toward him. I did it for your father and for Blake. If i had told him.. we wouldn't have stayed together. Your dad's parents would have made him reject me..  Looking back on it now, they would definitely had wondered if Nic was even Jacks.. i would have been forced to mate with Blake and that would ruin your father. I dont regret not telling him about Blake and I..  because you wouldn't be here. But i regret that Nic was the product of my betrayel. I.. I never even had an inkling." She whispered softly, eyes closing as tears streamed doen her cheeks.

My insides swelling with sadness, i wrapped my mom in my arms and held her to me, pressing my cheek into hers as she cried, arms holding me tight. "Im sorry mom. Im sorry I've been mad at you for all this time of knowing... im.. im so sorry you had to go through that." My whispers only had her crying harder.

My dad should never had treated my poor mom that way.. making her feel rejected. I know that feeling.

Im sure he had his own reasons but i was slowly realizing you should never make assumptions on even the worst secrets without hearing that persons side of the story...

Theres always something more to it.

With mom.. with Blake..with Deacon.. even with Zaryn. Hearing about their betrayels had me judging them harshly.. but hearing their stories had my sympathizing.

I had been so wrapped up in my own hurt.. my own experience with Zaryn, that my pain has blinded me from reading between the lines.. i was connecting my mom and Grace together when i shouldnt have. All because of my own selfishness.

I was beginning to understand now. I was beginning to grow ..

"How did you find out?" She whispered into my hair, sadly.

Pulling away, i smiled sheepishly "I.. I saw your erraric behavior.. saving nics gum out of the garbage.. watching Blake and Nic.. Nic becoming stronger.. so I asked Eden to scry for me.. asked her to look for a secret that you were keeping.. or what you were up to. She told me about her vision and helped me put two and two together. It was hard for me to digest at first but then.. it just.. was. I don't feel differently about Nic. He's still my brother and your still my mom. I love you both. Its just.. weird that my brother and my mate share a dad..." i chuckled lightly through my tears. Her hand patted mine.

"Mom?" looking up into her glassy eyes as she wiped the tears from her cheeks. "What about what you said about Penelope? That she's dark moon? I thought you said Nyra was dark moon?"

She nodded, inhaling as she blinked her eyes, drying them. "After Nyra died.. and about six months after the incident with Blake.... the Dark Moon Alpha, Nyra's father.. he had a niece who was mated to a low ranking wolf.  He didn't want that wolf in his family.. and in Dark Moon, if a mate is of lower rank, they reject them and find another wolf. A horribe practice. But he told Blake that since he couldn't care for his own daughter.. blaming him for her death.. that he must take his niece.. Nyra's cousin, Penelope. Blake was so guilt ridden that he agreed and Penelope was promised to Blake. He traveled to Dark moon and had the ceremony, they mated there. When he brought her back, she approached me. Told me she had scented me on him. Said that she knew of our affair and that i was the one. She was kind. But protective of what was now hers. She told me to stay away from Blake and she would keep my secret.. that she didnt want to destroy a mated pair expecting a pup. We became friends after that but my guilt ate at me and i couldn't be around the two of them much more than was necessary." Her lips formed a tight thin line. "Blake fell in love with Penelope and made me promise never to speak of the unspoken again. I didnt have the heart to tell him Penelope knew.. and he made me promise never to bring up Nyra to Penelope. He knew how awful she felt about being forced to reject her own mate and take her dead cousins instead. It was her own choice to name Zaryn after her. Zaryn is Nyra spelled backwards with an added Z." She smiled slightly.

My eyes widened in surprise.. Penelope did that to honor her cousin?

It all made sense now.. everything was coming to light. The moon had revealed all these secrets that were left hidden.. revealing everyone's truths.

This was the Moon's doing.

She wanted to bring justice to everyone. She wanted to make sure that all these dirty secrets came to the surface and she was using me to do so..

I had my purpose.

Mom peered at me with a longing expression. "Do you forgive me?"

Shaking my head, i let out a breath of laughter. "There's nothing to forgive mom. I understand now. Thank you for telling me." I held her hands in mine as the corners of my mouth lifted up into a grin.

Her smile increased as tears of joy ran down her cheeks, kissing my forehead. "I just hope Nic and your father feel the same way when i tell them..."

We were interrupted by the front door swinging open, revealing my dad as he came through, a scowl on his handsome face. We jerked apart, wiping our cheeks as Dad walked into the room.

Looking at the both of us, he gave a small smile. "We need to go. The meeting is starting early. The kits arrived a few mintes ago so come on my females. Lets go get this over with." He sighed heavily, running a hand over his face.

Moms expression turned down as she rose from her seat. "J-Jack. I.. i need to speak with you first." She stammered nervously. I hated to think of what my father would do once he found out the truth.

It would be revealed at the meeting...

If she didnt tell him first.. if he found out the hard way.. he would hate her for it.

Dad waves his hands, "No time. We will speak later sweetheart." He walked toward us, placing a kiss on her temple. "Everyone is already gathered. They are waiting on us. Lets go."

Mom begin to panic, her eyes wide with fear. "B-but Jack. This can't wait!" Her tone was high as she began nervously fidgeting.. dread washing over her petite form.

Dad's heavy boots thumped as he walked to the door, pulling it openm  He turned his head to face us, forrest green eyes so tired.  "It will have to honey. We have to go. Meet you both there." He gave us a tight smile before walking out the door, my mom's mouth fell open as her lip trmebled.. tears falling down her cheeks once more.

I took her hand in mine, feeling my insides swell with protectiveness.

"Mom.. its going to be okay. You can explain to him after. Ill help you.. he will understand.. tell him what you told me.."

Soft green eyes filled with anxiety turned on me.
"No! You dont understand Nova! That test is going to say Nic is an Alpha.. Nic.. Your dad.. you understand that your dad is going to be so crushed! Blake doesnt know.. Zaryn.. he doesnt know either. Everyone is about to uncover our secret and im not sure whose wolf will surface.. there could be a blood bath." Her wide eyes seemed to become wider.. bottom lip dripping with a tiny drop of blood from her teeth biting down so hard on it.

I paled at the thought. There very well could be a blood bath.. with Dad feeling betrayed by Blake and mom.. finding out the Luna knew this whole time...

But there was also another test to worry about. One i was sure would come back negative. If somehow we could save our family dramatics for last... where it can be discussed privately without prying eyes..

"Mom we just need to make sure that Grace's test is read first.. that its the one we focus on." I stared into her eyes meaningfully.

She seemed to faulter. "But.. Grace isnt the one who has to worry.."

I slight smirk pulled at my lips. "Mom.. if im right.. which i know i am.. Grace's test is going to come back negative. Lets focus on that. We can deal with Nic's last.. once Alpha Conrad has been distracted. Come on."

I backed away from her as she looked at me with question.

"What do you mean?" Her voice broke.

"No time mom..lets go!" I threw on my hooded clear poncho and raced outside into the pouring rain with her right on my tail, snatching her rain coat and throwing it on as we headed toward our final destination.

Shit!

I forgot all about going to see Deacon. I hope he can hold out until the secrets make their way out for everyone to see. I dont know what's going to happen but i do know shit is about to go down.

I patted my back pockets, feeling the tea bags i collected from Deacons room through the material..

Once or IF anita confesses .. I'll bring Deacon to their attention

Holding moms hand tight, we made our way quickly down the flooded dirt road as water splashed with every step.. rain beating down around us and on top of us as well, making it hard to see.

Glancing at her, her eyes met mine and i gave her a reassuring squeeze.

I wouldn't let anything happen to her.

I would protect her if anything got out of hand although im sure she could protect herself.

Anxiety began to step foot inside me.. that nauseating feeling coming back to haunt me once more as the pack house appeared right in front of us.

This was it.

Dun dun dun

Sorry i had to extend the chapter to 3 parts because im sure you guys wanted to hear Dahlias story. I wanted her to tell Nova first beforr everyone found out.. so now you see Dahlia's side. Shes not who we all assumed she was.

Now.. sorry for telling you thr secrets were coming out on this chapter. It was originally supposed to until i decided to break it up into 3 parts so i WILL post it next chapter.. everyone's secrets will be revealed next.

I was originally going to post this chapter tomorrow but decided to give it to you today so i hope you are all happy.

Shatter is #22 now! Its the highest so far! I can't wait to hear all your opinions on the next chapter.

Gonna try to post the next chapter tonight guys!!! If i dont make it then expect it tomorrow (which was the originial post date but hey.. i spoil you guys)

I love you my wolfies!

Thank you to all of you who commented on my chapters! I loved reading them!!!

Especially to those of you who have commented a gazillion times!
You know who you are and i love all of you!

Thank you for reading my story. Im forever grateful!

Promise next chapter shit gets real.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1M 82.9K 49
Highest ranking: #25 in werewolf L- life giving U- useful and strong N- natural care taker A- attractive That's what Luna stands for, all the thi...
1.7M 49.7K 80
Artemis Terry, living in her father's pack- Emerald Guardians located on the edge of the Romanian border. Artemis was an Alpha's daughter and yet she...
1.7M 55.1K 40
Nova Wolfe, an ordinary werewolf. Kaden Clark, a strong Alpha. ~ Kaden Clark, the typical Alpha who has been looking forward to finally finding his m...
854K 30.7K 39
Highest ranking #14 as of 12/20/16 WARNING: This story is not all lovey dovey, it's raw, brutal, and is filled with plot holes, now don't comment and...