Fell In Mystic Falls | TVD [1]

By niailz

[COMPLETE] Edited as of: 3rd August 2021 ❝I've made many mistakes in my life but this will never be one of t... More

001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039
040
041
042
043
044
045
046
047
048
049
050
051
052
053
054
055
056
057
Epilogue
Sequel
100K READS

031

11.1K 340 223
By niailz

Thirty-One | Drinking Buddies

There was a knock on the front door of the boarding house. I furrowed my brows, not expecting any visitors. I walked out of my room, wrapped in a towel, "Damon, can you get the door?" There was no answer, "Damon?!"

I sighed and walked down the stairs, "Stefan?"

Nobody was home. I opened the door, "Hello?"

I was greeted with an empty porch. I poked my head out, I couldn't see anyone. I was about to shut the door when I noticed a box on the doormat. I looked around once again, to see if I could spot anyone hiding or walking away, before picking it up and taking it inside.

I placed it down on the table and opened the lid. Inside was a bottle of water and some vinegar surrounded by tissue paper. I stared at the box, confused. I scanned around the outside and underneath to see if there was a label to say who it was from. I noticed a small card lodged between the bottles and pulled it out;

You can get rid of the stain, but you can't get rid of me that easily
- Kol

I laughed and smiled widely, remembering the ball. I stopped myself, what was I doing? I was with Elijah... or was I? He'd been avoiding me for days. And any kind of feeling towards anyone felt wrong at the moment.

Beside I didn't even know Kol, and I'd just got Elijah back into my life. I noticed more writing on the other side of the card;

Meet me for a drink, today, 4pm.

I held the card against my chin, staring into the box, wondering what to do. Should I have even been thinking about making a decision? I shouldn't go but I wanted to.

▂▂▂▂

After much debating, I walked into The Grill. Surprisingly, there were quite a few people in there. I scanned around, looking for Kol. As I did, I spotted a hand raise into the air and it did a small wave. My eyes fell down to a smiling Kol siting in a small booth in the corner of the room. I walked over to him.

"You came." He grinned.

I sat down opposite him, "Well, I thought if I was gonna day drink, better to do it with company."

"Hm. I remember the other day you said you only drink in the day when something bad has happened." He leant back on the booth sofa, "So, what's happened?"

"Oh, I have a lot of problems but I can't talk about them sober." I told him, "You're gonna have to ply me with alcohol."

He took an empty glass from the side of him and poured in some bourbon, "Well, we have all day."

Kol smiled as he handed me the glass. I returned the smile, taking it and drank some of the burning liquid.

"So, let's start with my brother. Elijah kissed your forehead and cheek several times and then you were dancing very close. Are you two an item?" Kol asked, gesturing with his fingers.

I sighed, "It's complicated." I frowned thinking about it, "Very complicated."

"He's practically been at home for days, which means he hasn't been with you." Kol stated.

"Hm, tell me about it." I sighed again and took a huge swig of my drink, finishing it. I pushed it towards Kol, "More."

He poured some bourbon into the glass, "What's the deal with you two then?"

"I met him in a bar in '05. We fell in love, got an apartment, then your arsehole hybrid of a brother tore us apart. I got bit by a werewolf, then Klaus gave Elijah a choice of me dying or him leaving. He left. Then Klaus compelled me to forget everything about him and Elijah."

Kol handed me the glass, "And then you got the memories back?"

"Hm. Klaus recently compelled them back making me fall unconcious everytime I remembered something. I was out for five days once, missed out on a lot." I replied, drinking from the glass.

"Like?" Kol asked.

"Like Damon kissing Elena. Did I forget to mention I was in love with Damon before I even turned, and over a hundred years after that. Hm." I downed my drink again.

"You live a complicated life, Cassie." Kol said, staring at me intently.

I let out a soft laugh, "And that's not even a quarter of my problems."

It fell silent and then words began to idiotically fall out of my mouth, "How long were you daggered in a box for?"

He remained silent, staring at me in thought. I sucked in an anxious breath and shook my head at myself, "Sorry, that's not my business."

"No, it's all right." Kol responded, "I've been daggered and undaggered more times than I can count. My brothers think they can control my life and usually join sides to dagger me again."

"You don't deserve that. The one thing everyone has is a choice, they shouldn't take that away from you for their own personal games." I replied. He gave me a small smile, knowing I understood him.

"Try telling them that. They do what they want, they always have done." Kol drank his bourbon.

"That's messed up. They should be glad they have family, siblings. Someone to love, someone to love them back. They shouldn't take advantage of that." I looked down at the table, playing with the beer coaster, "They should be grateful for their family because some of us can never get theirs back."

I looked up at Kol. He was looking at me with sympathy in his eyes, "I'm sorry, darling. You're right you know, but let's not let them ruin our night. More drinks?"

▂▂▂▂

"Three, two, one." I downed the shot and slammed the glass on the table. Kol doing the same just a second after. I laughed, "I win."

"I know when I've been beaten." Kol said, pretending to bow down. I laughed again. We had been drinking and talking for at least three hours.

"So, are you finally gonna tell me who Kol Mikaelson is?" I asked, wiping the excess liquid from my lips.

"I already told you." Kol replied, tilting his head.

I drunkenly shook my head and wiggled my finger at him, "No, no, no. You told me you were sexy -- " I furrowed my brows, " -- which is kinda true, but that doesn't tell me who you are."

"You think I'm sexy?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "Kol, don't avoid the question."

He leant forward on the table, his face becoming serious, "I am the sibling that is overshadowed. The one nobody listens to. The one that can never do anything right."

"I'm sure that isn't true." I said.

"Oh but it is, Cassie. You see, my family compete to see who is the best. Mostly Elijah and Klaus. They're more a like than you think. They will do anything to be above everyone and they will destroy anyone that gets in their way."

"Like Klaus did when he told Elijah to leave me." I huffed.

"Exactly. I don't know what happened when you was with Elijah or what you remember, but he isn't always the noble, good guy you see. They torment whatever I do, in their eyes, I'm always the wrong, manic nuisence. The thing is, they never see how bad they are." Kol replied.

I tried to see if I remembered anything that Elijah had done that was bad.

I frowned, "The other night. Before we stopped your mother. Elijah kept Elena hostage in the Lockwood tunnels and made Rebekah keep guard. He threatened to have Rebekah kill her instantly unless Damon told him what he needed."

"He will also kill people himself without even battering an eyelid. Rips their heart right out their chest." Kol said. I furrowed my brows, my mouth ajar, "Bet you didn't know that."

I shook my head, "No. He wouldn't."

But the more I thought about it, the more I realised he would. I remembered before my memories came back, he ripped out those werewolves hearts before the sacrifice and he also hurt Damon and Stefan several times until he got what he needed.

"Oh, he would and he has. Another drink?" Kol asked.

"Uh, yeah, I'll get it." I stood up, suddenly I felt dizzy. My legs began to give way and I started to fall.

Kol rushed to me, holding me up, "Woah, darling. Are you okay?"

I held my forehead, "Yeah, yeah."

"I think you need some blood." Kol said, "Have you had any lately?"

"Not from the vein. Not for months. I just can't." I told him, "But the bloodbags we have are getting old, I'm becoming weaker."

"You need warm blood from the vein." Kol told me.

I shook my head, "No, I can't."

"You have to." He responded, "Vampires need warm blood to survive."

"Maybe I'm better off dead." I said, looking at the floor.

"No, Cassie." Kol replied, holding my chin up to make me look up at him, "Don't ever say that."

"Why? It's true." I frowned, "Nobody cares about me, nobody has even called me today to see where I am. Like they'd ever miss me."

"Then they're idiots." Kol let go of my face, "Come on, you need to feed before you get weaker."

"I let Alaric kill me the other day." I carried on, "I mean, obviously he didn't because there was some sort of barrier over my heart. But I would have let him."

"Cassie..." Kol said sadly.

I tried to walk away but stumbled, "Woah. Fine. I'll drink the blood."

He held me up and took me through the back of The Grill. It was dark outside, probably seven or eight at night. Kol and I walked for a while to find someone to feed on. I didn't want to but Kol was right, I had to feed to survive.

I leant against a wall down an alleyway for support as Kol spotted a woman walking alone. He compelled her to not be afraid. He brushed the blonde hair off her neck to reveal her tempting flesh.

I could see her pulse beating and hear her heart thumping louder as he brought her closer. He stroked her neck with two fingers, "Here, darling. Drink."

"I -- uh..." I was breathing heavy trying to resist the urge. I looked away because that's what I had taught myself to do.

"If it makes it easier, I'll go first?" Kol said. I looked beside me in thought before back to Kol.

I exhaled, nervous, "Please, don't kill her."

He nodded in response. His fangs came out and he sunk them into her neck. I watched the blood dripping down her neck. I felt the veins under my eyes bulge and my fangs grew. I breathed heavily. Kol pulled away from her and looked at me.

He took some of the blood from her neck and sucked it off his finger, "You can do it. Take it easy."

I looked at him for a few seconds before holding onto the womans body. I stared at her neck. Not being able to resist anymore, I sunk my fangs into her neck and drank her blood.

It tasted so good. So warm and fresh.

I kept drinking, feeling it making me stronger. Kol pulled me away, "Okay, that's enough."

"That felt so good." I said, wiping some blood from my mouth.

"You've been missing out on that for a long time." Kol stated.

I smiled, "I feel strong."

I jumped up and down a little, playfully punching Kol. He chuckled, "Calm down, Karate Kid."

I leant against the wall, looking down at the womans body. She wasn't dead but she was unconcious, "Why don't I feel guilty?"

Kol came closer, "Because you know it was right. It's who we are, Cassie."

"I do want to patch her neck up though." I said, furrowing my brows.

He chuckled, "Is that the doctor side of you kicking in?"

I nodded, "A little. But would you like people staring at two big holes in your neck?"

"Fair enough." He smirked. I furrowed my brows, looking around for something to patch the wound.

"You need to stop doing that." Kol said.

"Doing what?" I asked, furrowing my brows as I met his gaze.

"That." He pointed to my eyebrows.

I moved them back to normal, "Why?"

"Because it's driving me insane." Kol was inches away from my face. I looked into his eyes then down to his blood stained lips.

Kol leaned in, "Kol..." He stopped moving and stared at me, "I -- I can't."

"Why not?" He asked.

My eyes flickered up to his, "Elijah..."

"He hasn't bothered with you in days, Cassie." Kol stated.

He was right and for some reason I believed what Kol had told me about Elijah tonight. I stared into his eyes for a while, they were a mix of dark and light brown with almost a golden shimmer across them.

"Maybe this is too sudden, Kol. I like you but -- "

He interupted, "But Elijah."

I shook my head, "But I don't want to do it like this. We're drunk."

"I understand." Kol replied, "You know, I didn't ask you to meet me for sex. I asked you because I felt a connection between us. You understand me, like nobody else ever has. You make me laugh, which I haven't done for a long time and most of all, you listen. You don't push me away like everyone else does. I really like you, Cassie."

I ran my hand down his face and stroked his cheek with my thumb, "The best thing to do is take it slow. Before anything else I need to speak to Elijah about me and him."

He nodded, "Okay. But you can't tell him about us yet, or I'll be daggered in a box for another century."

I leant my head against the wall, staring slightly up at the sky, "God, this town is such a mess, or I am."

"Why don't you get out of town for a while?" Kol suggested.

I thought about it then looked at him, "Would you want to come with me?"

He smiled, "Of course I would. Where did you have in mind, darling?"

"Denver." I replied.

He furrowed his brows cutely, "Denver?"

I laughed, "Now you're doing it." I massaged his forehead, "Yes, Denver. It's where Jeremy has been staying. I wanna check on how he's doing."

"Denver it is." Kol replied with a small grin. I smiled back at him.

▂▂▂▂

My phone buzzed loudly causing me to groan in annoyance. I opened one eye and grabbed my phone from the bedside table. I glanced at the bright screen to see the time before clicking the answer button.

"Hello?" I mumbled, my voice croaky.

"Ooh. You sound terrible." Kol joked.

I rolled over, looking up at the ceiling, "That's because its five a.m, Kol."

"Don't you want to leave town early without people, aka the Salvatore's, questioning it?" Kol asked.

I rubbed my sleepy eyes, "Hm. I guess."

"I'll meet you outside in half an hour."

I smiled, "Okay."

I put my phone on the bed and climbed out. I glanced out of the window while I made my way to my wardrobe, it was still dark outside. I groaned and pulled out some clothes. I picked an outfit and put it on then grabbed a couple of other clothes.

I didn't have a small bag to put the clothes in so I sneaked into Damon's room, knowing he'd have one. I quietly crept to the side of his wardrobe and picked the bag up, constantly checking that he wouldn't wake. I vamp ran out and back to my room, shoving the clothes in.

Around ten minutes later I carried my bag out of the front door, shutting it quietly behind me. Kol was leaning against a small, burgundy coloured car, his arms folded. He smiled as I walked up to him.

"I'll take that." He said. I handed him the bag and he walked over to the trunk of the car. He opened it up and put the bag in.

I examined the vehicle, "Cute car."

"Thanks, it cost me nothing." He said, walking back round to me.

I furrowed my brows, "You stole it?"

"No." Kol replied.

I sighed, "You compelled someone to give it to you?"

"Actually no. It was a gift from someone I know." Kol replied.

"And who would that be?" I asked.

He cocked an eyebrow with a slight laugh, "What is this, twenty questions?"

"No. Just checking if you're lying or not. Can't trust a lot of people these days." I walked to the other side of the car.

"I have no reason to lie, Cassie." Kol walked around and opened the door for me, "Come on, let's get going."

▂▂▂▂

We'd been on the road for a while, enjoying the sunrise, the many different views and having little conversations and digs at each other and for a while I forgot how early it still was.

"So, this thing about your heart." Kol suddenly said, staring at the road ahead.

I looked over to him, "What thing?"

"About a barrier over it." Kol responded.

"Oh, yeah. I still have no idea what that was." I said.

Kol briefly glanced at me before back to the road, "It was me."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"Well, you see. I used to be a witch, you know before all the, aaah -- " He opened his mouth and held his hand in a claw, imitating a monster. I laughed, "And I still keep in touch with some of them."

I furrowed my brows, wondering where he was going with this, "Right..."

"I made them to put a protection spell over that pretty little heart of yours." He told me.

My face softened, surprised, "Why?"

"Because, Cassie Fell, you've had that thing broken so many times I thought it was time to keep it safe from falling into the wrong hands, metaphorically and physically."

He turned to me and smiled. I smiled warmly back, in awe at him. He turned to the road but I kept looking at him, still smiling. Kol Mikaelson was the most honest person I had ever met. He was definitely something else.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 134 18
It's been two months since I left Mystic Falls. I've spent two months with Klaus, my ancestor and captor, helping him find a werewolf pack for one p...
81.3K 1.1K 67
*The Vampire Diaries ReVamped* What if Stefan and Damon Salvatore have a sister? Mystal Salvatore is back in Mystic Falls and she has a past that eve...
81.1K 2K 19
[COMPLETE] ❝Some people don't deserve a happy ending.❞ Fourth and final book in the Fell series. Seven years have passed since The Hollow split the...
507 7 6
Wanting to start anew, her mother and Anna move to a town called Mystic Falls, not knowing what dangers it holds. • • • I do not own the characters...