Mónéy Matters

By cakeyree

Mónéy is a 17 year old girl who has lost herself after the death of her brother. Left to deal with her indiff... More

Chapter One
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Book 2

Chapter Two

41.9K 1.1K 526
By cakeyree

3 hours later

|Mónéy|

I sat up in bed with the worst headache I've ever suffered from in my entire life. I could feel my brain throbbing and I felt my stomach tense up and I knew I had to throw up. I looked around the unfamiliar room and saw the toilet in clear view, I hopped up out the bed and ran to it. I held my hair back as I leaned over the toilet and released what felt like, every meal I've ever ate. I got up and washed my mouth out with Listerine that was on the counter.

"Ooohhhh yea baby just like that." My head instantly flew up from the sink and I wondered where I was and who was fucking. I sat on the bed as I try to remember everything that happened earlier. It slowly came back to me as I remember falling asleep in Icy's Ferrari. I frowned as I heard a loud groan come from the next room. I rolled my eyes as I got up and walked towards the door. I'd be damned if I sat in his house while he fucked the next bitch knowing that I liked his black ass.

I passed the room where all the moaning was coming from and walked downstairs. I was on my way out the door when I heard someone call my name. I quickly turned around and smiled but that was replaced with a look of confusion.

"Wait so if you're down here then whose up st-," Icy got up from the couch looking pissed.

"You need to mind yo business and you shouldn't be snooping around my shit like it's yours." This nigga was being real rude. I didn't want to piss him off because DJ once told me that Icy was deadlier than him but he wasn't about to talk to me no any kind of way.

"First off I wasn't snooping around they were loud as fuck up their. Secondly I didn't ask ya ass to bring me here you did on your own. Lastly you right this ain't my shit so take me home." Icy just stood looking at me and I felt uncomfortable.

"You know what you right let me take yo ungrateful ass home to ya crazy ass moms and crackhead ass aunt." I rolled my neck and places my arms across my chest as he walked to the sofa and slid on his Nike slides.

He was moving to slow for me so I walked outside to his car. When I was about to grab the door handle to get in I heard the doors locked. I frowned as I walked back inside ready to fuck some shit up.

"Look it's obvious that you don't want me here and I don't want to be here, now can you come on and take me home before I end up getting locked out please." I wasn't about get kicked out for his stubborn ass.

"Iight let's go,"he growled before walking out the door. I stood in the middle of the floor as I watched him disappear into the darkness of the night. After a few seconds I walked out and got in the car. Icy was no longer moving in slow motion. I guess all I had to do was say please and that'll get me pretty far. The drive halfway to my house was silent until Icy turned the radio off and started to speak.

"I know DJ taught you better than that Mónéy." I looked over at him confused as hell.

"What are you talking about?"

"Mónéy you know exactly what I'm talking about. What the fuck was you doing smoking, then you was smoking something from Remy's ass I know DJ told you to stay away from her. If that nigga was still here you know he wouldn't approve of this,"he scolded. He was right DJ wouldn't approve of any of the decision that I'm made since he died a few days ago, but he was no longer here so I was going to do whatever I wanted to.

"Yea well DJ isn't here, he left me alone so now I'm doing what's best for me."

"What's best for you? Tell me what you think is best for you. Hanging with Remy's crazy ass and doing coke, that's what's best?" He continue to talk but I was no longer listening. My mind was stuck on him saying Remy and coke in the same sentence. I knew one thing, if that was coke that bitch gave me I'm kicking her ass tonight.

"You heard me Mónéy,"Icy said snapping me back into reality.

"Yea I did but I'm not trying to."

"I'm spitting the real. I'm looking out for you. Sto-," I quickly cut him off because I didn't want to hear shit he had to say. I know he was trying to step up to the plate and watch over me liked DJ would've wanted him to but I didn't need a lecture from him.

"Look not to be rude on some shit but I don't need you to look out for me iight. I could handle myself if I want to smoke that's my decision. Remy's my aunt and yea she's crazy, but she understands me and what I'm going through so if being in her company makes me happy then that's where I'll be." I looked out the window before he could say anything else to me. I knew I had pissed him off because he was speeding.

"Fine fuck it I won't help you or your ungrateful ass moms out,"he said as he drove a few more blocks before stopping at my house.

When we pulled up to my house he didn't pull in the driveway and I was glad because I didn't want to wake Gwen up. I looked over at him as he stared at the road. I wanted to thank him for the ride but I decided not to. If he wanted to act that way then he didn't have to ever see me again after this. I hopped out his car and slammed the door before he quickly pulled off without watching me walked inside.

Since my brother died, the niggas that worshipped him was disrespecting him and his family. I sighed as I slowly made my way to the door. Digging in my pocket for my keys, I realized that I'd left them and my jacket at Icy's house. I cursed at myself for not getting my shit from his house knowing that I'd never see it again. I was about to knock on the door but it had swung open revealing Chauncey, CJ's dad and Gwen's ex. He just stood in the doorway and eyed me as I tapped my foot waiting for him to move out my way.

"Do you know what time it is Money,"he spoke. I rolled my eyes at him. Not only was he questioning me but he said my name wrong. I wanted to deck the shit out of him but I held it in for CJ's sake.

"My name is pronounced Mo-nay not Money, just because it's spelled similar to money doesn't mean that's my name and no I don't know what time it is but if I was inside I'd be able to find out."

"Why should I let you in here?"

"What the fuck you mean why should you let me in here, because I live here that's why,"I semi yelled getting irritated.

He chuckled and shook his head,"That's right you do live here, huh. So tell me Mónéy what are you going to do for me if I let you in here." My heart dropped to my stomach once those words left his mouth. I know damn well this nigga not trying to come on to me, I should fuck him up right here, right now. I was about to pick the flower pot that sat by the door up and do some damage, but a voice came from the top of the staircase getting both our attention.

"Mónéy girly is that you,"Remy's voice called out. I slid pass Chauncey's punk ass and jogged up the stairs to Remy. She grabbed my hand and pulled me into my bedroom before closing and locking the door.

"Girl where have you been,"she asked her New Orleans accent was so thick.

"I was with Icy and I messed around and ended up crashing at his house."

"Oh ok, but let me explain myself to you. That wasn't no coke I gave you that was just some strong ass weed and I'm not no fucking prostitute, Icy's just mad because I wouldn't get booty with him,"she ranted. I burst into laughter at her. Remy was so childish that it was sad but she still was cool to me.

"Yea well if it makes you feel any better I didn't believe him anyways." She nodded her head and smiled at me weakly. I looked over at the clock and saw that it was eight o'clock on dot. I looked over at Remy with a confused expression. Her plane had took off hours ago and she was still here, not to mention dressed in night clothes.

"Hey Re why are you still here shouldn't you be on a train or something like that?"

"Aha very funny, but no I missed my plane honey so I'll crash here for a few weeks until ya mother let me borrow the money so I could get up out of here." I got kinda excited when she said a few weeks, because I really didn't have anyone to hang out with. DJ was the reasoning behind that. He told me to never let too many people in my circle and I listened. I only have one friend, well had until she moved away.

Tiana Ranee Wilson, was her name. I meet her when I was in fourth grade and we've been friends ever since. We were so close until one day when we got into a big argument. After that she just up and moved away and I haven't heard from her since. I kinda feel some type of way at the fact that she just up and left without saying goodbye but at the end of the day it is what it is.

"That's what's up,"I said nonchalantly. I didn't want to show my excitement because then Remy might think I'm a lame or something.

"Say isn't ya last day of school Tuesday right."

"Yea I'm really not trying to fuck with it because they hollering 'bout they gone shoot that bitch up and I'm not trynna die,"I stated honestly. My school was iight but the niggas that attended it wasn't. They'd shoot up the school all year round for merely nothing and since Tuesday was the last day and two of the guys that went there had beef I know they gone get it pooping.

"Moe chill they ain't gone hurt you because I'm going with you." My face lit up when she said that but I turned my back so she wouldn't see.

"Cool,"I simply replied while shrugging my shoulders.

"Yea but I'll have to borrow a few of your clothes because none of my shit is school appropriate. If I walk in there with some tiny shorts they'd probably kick me out."

"Pshhh girl chill, they don't give a damn what we wear at Buchanan High. Especially the juniors and seniors so just wear whatever." She nodded her head and took a seat on the bed next to where I laid.

"So ya grandmother won't trip about you not coming home," I asked. Remy and my mother had the same dad but different moms. When I was younger she and I didn't hang out or be in each others company because she lived far away. I heard stories about her but I didn't get to meet her until I was ten years old.

"Baby I'm nineteen not nine. I'm grown and last time I checked she don't care what I do." I chuckled at her. Remy was something else, especially when I was around her. Her energy and actions would make me forget about all the bad things around me and allow me to live in the moment and I wanted to feel that way forever.

"Listen I'm sleepy so I'm 'bout to crash. You could either sleep at the bottom or whatever makes you happy," I stated. She just looked at me and rolled her eyes.

"What if I told you I can't sleep alone and that I rather sleep right beside you." I turned my head to the side so I could look at her.

"Well if you were to say that I'd tell you that you're nineteen not nine and that if you don't want to get at the bottom there is carpet on the floor." She sighed dramatically and got at the bottom of the bed while I hit the switch on the lamp.

Remy really was a character but I honestly liked her. I know she's no good but I guess that's what draws me too her. I was in deep thought until Remy spoke.

"Mónéy."

"Yea?"

"Aren't you sad that DJ's dead,"she asked.

"Very. Why you asked?"

She sat up in bed and crawled to the top of the bed next to me, I turned around so that we were face to face. Even though it was dark I could see her brown eyes.

"Well I didn't see you shed a tear since I've been here. It doesn't seem like you miss him to me that's why,"she stated. I wanted to smack her but I didn't because she was right, I didn't cry and I won't.

"I ain't the crying type, iight Remy and just because I haven't cried doesn't mean I'm not sad! I've been sad for a long time and I haven't cried. That was my best friend and n-now that he's gone I don't have no one,"I replied as my voice cracked.

"My bad I wasn't trying to offend you Mónéy I'm just a little worried about you."

"Why would you worry about me Remy when you don't even worry about yourself!" I knew I had upset her because she sat up in bed a flick the light switch on.

"You know what Mónéy fuck yo narcissistic ass I'm done trying to be nice to you. Let me shed some light on this for you. You are a crazy motherfucker that no one likes, ya own mami doesn't want nothing to do with you and here I am trying to bond with yo ass,"she yelled. At this point I was getting irritated with her. I needed to get the fuck away from her before we be in here fighting.

I got up and walked to the adjoining bathroom slamming and locking the door behind me. I looked in the mirror and saw that my face was red as hot sauce, Remy really pissed me off. The door to my bedroom opened them closed as I splash water onto my face.

That meant Remy's ass had decided to leave which I was glad she did. Deep down I felt bad for that statement I made but she said a few bad things about me that hurt me, she ain't the only one with feelings. I debated on whether I should go and check on her but decided against it. Not only had I got into it with Remy but me and Icy fell off pretty bad too. What is going on today? Pushing the altercations that happened today out my head I turned on my side and close my eyes as I let sleep take over me once again.

____________

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

Questions

1. Mónéy and Remy's fallout. Who do you think was in the wrong?

2. Damn Mónéy's been pissing everyone off today. Why do you think Icy was mad at Mónéy? Does he have the right to be?

3. Y'all think Chauncey was coming on to Mónéy? Think he going to be a problem in the future?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.1K 31
"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Remember how you felt in this exact moment...
826 25 23
After building the courage to escape her long-term abusive relationship Naomi Banks hits the road running and finds herself back in her hometown for...
3.4K 99 15
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Under her brother's shadow, Ashanti has done everything he's ever asked. She ran the game with him with not even a complain...
7.3K 114 21
"He made me believe I was worthless and alone, I felt I did something wrong, and I deserved it." Those were the quotes to Nia's everyday life while b...