The Redemption of Severus Sna...

Por ShadyGrim

I toyed w/the idea that if Lily could love Snape-albeit in a solely friendly way-then so could someone else i... Más

Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81

Part 43

332 12 4
Por ShadyGrim

The kitchen at 12 Grimmauld Place hadn't seen so much activity in decades. Sirius sat at the head of the long kitchen table with Remus to his right and Harry to his left. An assortment of Weasleys were seated and snacking, taking a short break from housecleaning.

"Anything been going on at school?" said Sirius. "Don't hold back, I haven't heard any decent gossip in ages. Has Snivellus done anything to you? I'd love an excuse to curse his head off."

"Well, there's a rumor that Snape's taken an interest in...um... " Harry's cheeks flushed red, more from nausea than from embarrassment.

"In what, a Hippogriff? No, that's too handsome an animal. His ugly face would frighten it. A Thestral then?"

"A...real...live...giirrrl," purred George.

"That's absolutely a rumor," said Sirius confidently, barely able to hold back laughter. "There's a reason why Snivellus is all buttoned up to here and down to there." He mimed buttoning a high collar and low-buttoned sleeves. "If he undid not more than three buttons the girl would either die of fright or vomit all over him. Has she got dark glasses and a white stick by any chance?"

Remus had been sitting quietly with a wry grin on his face. He leaned his elbows on the table and was looking at the newspaper that was spread out in front of him. A cup of tea sat steaming next to him. "The girl is Lindsay," he said as he casually turned a page.

"The bastard cursed her, Remus!" shouted Sirius as he slapped the table with the flat of his hand. Fred and George roared with laughter. "I'll kill him!"

"Oh, I don't know, I think she might like him," answered Remus, his eyes twinkling with devilment.

"What's in that tea, Remus? Give it here."

An exasperated Molly entered and ordered her children to finish eating and help her or there'd be no dinner. Harry set down his tea cup and looked at Sirius apologetically.

"Go on then," said Sirius and Harry rose and left with all the young Weasleys trailing behind. Within seconds of their departure from the kitchen, a few dull-sounding pops were heard followed by laughter and Molly's annoyed voice. "Fred and George Weasley!"

Sirius silently observed Remus placidly reading the paper. He waited until he was sure no one was lingering too near the kitchen because he didn't want to be overheard. "What's the matter with you, Remus? You're just going to sit placidly by and let Snivellus slither in on your girl?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I think my meaning was plain."

"Lindsay and I are just friends. It's none of my business if she wants to spend time with Severus."

"That's why you're still single. You always step out of the way for everyone else."

"You know perfectly well why I've chosen to stay single," growled Remus, his temper finally rising. "I'm too dangerous--"

"Stop being such a martyr!" countered Sirius. "Lindsay's not a child. She knows the risks."

"We're only friends, Sirius!"

"Only because you're content to let things stay as they are."

"For the last time, I'm not interested in Lindsay!"

"So you do like Tonks!" shouted Sirius as his fist bashed against the table triumphantly.

"Quiet!" said Remus. "And stop looking so pleased with yourself."

"So am I going to be an uncle, or what?" Remus rubbed his eyes and took a sip of his tea. "Well?" prodded Sirius.

"I'm ignoring you."

"You know that's futile," said Sirius with a snort.

"I like Tonks, but--"

"Oh, here it comes," said Sirius.

"But," continued Remus, "I could never forgive myself if I infected her."

"You haven't infected anyone yet and you're....how old are you?"

"The same age as you."

"I can't be that old."

"Sorry to ruin your fantasy."

"You'll take precautions like you always do. Tonks is an Auror. She'll be fine."

"She's too young for me."

"She's not a schoolgirl, Remus."

"How can I support her, Sirius? No one will hire a werewolf."

"You don't need to. Tonks has a job."

"So you think I should just sit at home and wash dishes and darn socks then?" said Remus, his temper flaring again.

"Don't act like you'd be doing nothing," said Sirius. "Keeping up a house is hard work."

"And what would you know about keeping a house?"

"I've been watching Molly and the kids clean up this place. They're a mess by the end of the day. They look pretty tired too so it must be laborious."

Remus shook his head. "No, I won't make her or anyone else feel responsible for me. It's not right. This is my problem."

"I know not having a formal job hurts your pride, but it's not like you're lacking ambition. It's not your fault that you're surrounded by narrow-minded bigots. I swear, if there was anything I could do to kill that thing inside you, I would."

"Don't you think I know that?" answered Remus.

"Some things need to be said now and again," said Sirius. "There's nothing wrong with being a house-husband. You should give it some thought."

"House-husband?" repeated Remus.

"Yes, that's what the Muggles call men who keep house and look after kids and plants and such," answered Sirius.

"What do you know about Muggles?"

"I was talking to Hermione. It came up in conversation. I think it would be a good situation for you, Remus. After you're done doing up the breakfast dishes, you'd have time to work on those academic papers you've always wanted to write."

"I have to admit, that is appealing," said Remus.

"You'd make fools of those idiots who write in to those egg-head journals you're always reading."

"I think you over estimate my abilities, Sirius."

"I think you underestimate yourself, Remus," countered Sirius.

"Oh, this is a silly conversation! Tonks and I haven't gone beyond a handshake."

"A handshake is a start. It's not good to be alone, Remus. Give Tonks a chance."

There were a few moments of silence as Remus studied his half-full teacup. Sirius could tell that he wasn't ready to concede. It would take more prodding, but not today. Remus was a thinker, not an impulsive decision-maker like Sirius. He had to mull things over before eventually arriving at a well-thought-out conclusion. Remus was the first to speak, and he changed the topic just as Sirius had expected. "What did you think of when you first met Lindsay? Did anything odd cross your mind?"

"I thought of Lily."

"Me too," said Remus.

"It must be the hair," said Sirius. "She doesn't really look like Lily."

"No, it was something else, at least for me. There's something about her, a quality she has. I'm not sure. I can't put my finger on it. But I feel both happy and sad when I see her."

Sirius' voice softened. "She makes me think of Lily, which makes me think of James, and that hurts my heart. I miss my brother." He leaned his chair back on two legs, put his hand on his chest, and closed his eyes. "Lily was nice to Snivelly too. Maybe that's what you're seeing in her, Remus—a kind heart."

"Lily and Severus were friends."

Sirius' eyes snapped open as his chair slammed down onto all four legs. "That slimeball's never had a friend! He wouldn't know what to do with one. Lily was just soft-hearted."

"She was soft-hearted, but she was also honest. Lily said she was Severus' friend and she meant it. She wouldn't have lied to him or anyone else about it."

There was another pause in their conversation. The silence between them was broken only by the sound of Sirius' fingers drumming on the table. He stopped suddenly, and his eyes grew wide. "You don't think Lindsay's shagging Snivellus, do you?"

Remus choked on his tea. "How should I know?"

"Ugh, I just made myself sick," said Sirius as he leaned forward and placed his hand on his stomach. "I can't believe I could think of something so horrid."

"I really wish you hadn't said it. I don't need an image like that floating around my mind," said an exasperated Remus. "You haven't told Harry that Severus and Lily were friends, have you?"

"Of course not! He doesn't need to know that slimy bastard was anywhere near his mum. But I did tell Lin to stay away from him. She obviously disregarded my advice."

"Why are you so concerned about Lin?" said Remus.

"Snape is a dangerous man."

"Severus is unpleasant, not dangerous."

"He's still an active Death Eater, Remus."

"He's helping us and at great personal risk. Just give him a chance."

"You gave him a chance, and he outed you as a werewolf."

"Some wounds run too deeply, I suppose."

"Make excuses like you always do, Remus."

"Albus trusts him!" snapped Remus.

"Albus trusts everyone. If Voldemort came to him with a box of chocolates and an apology, Albus would trust him too." Remus' jaw tightened, and his posture stiffened a little. "Don't look at me like that. I didn't languish in Azkaban for twelve years just to turn a traitor. Albus is a genius, and we'd be lost without him. I'm still loyal to Albus and the cause, but I'm not so blinded by that loyalty that I can't see his flaws."

"Albus is the reason you're sitting here and not back in Azkaban at the mercy of the Dementors."

"You think I don't know that?"

"I think you should be more grateful for the risks that Albus has taken for you, for all of us."

"I am grateful, but I'm not blind. Albus isn't a god; he's a man who can and does make mistakes. He's said it himself."

"Albus wants to see the good in people. There's nothing wrong that."

"Mark my words, Remus, Snape will turn on us to save his own skin. He's a Slytherin; it's what they do."

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

29.3K 1K 42
It's been 4 years since (Y/n) graduated from Hogwarts and she is ready to go back to start working there as an assistant for Professor Sinistra. (Y/n...
1.6K 113 23
Shortly after Theda Desmond replaces Professor Binns as Hogwarts' new History of Magic teacher, she learns that she possesses a rare talent known on...
50.2K 1.4K 31
Sequal from Snape X reader -a fine line- (but can be read without reading part one) The war is over. Severus and Y/N survived and she was hoping for...
24.9K 825 24
***COMPLETE*** Can the man who walked the thin line between Good and Evil find his place, and himself, in a Post-war Wizarding world. Will it accept...