The Boss [LGBT]

By katieshakespeare

Meet Emerson Lane. A twenty-two-year-old college drop-out working on the 23rd floor of the most successful bu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Epilogue.
Available on Amazon
The Boss & The Assistant
Bonus Chapter #2
Children of the Boss [Sequel]

Bonus Chapter

58.6K 1.8K 298
By katieshakespeare

Hello there! I decided to write this bonus chapter for you all! It's basically random scenes of the Boss in Lafayette's point of view. It might get a little slow, but for those who wanted it here you go!

And be sure to read the sequel!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scenes of The Boss from Lafayette's View Point.

I sighed, something I constantly did. It was August. I had gotten back from vacationing on my yacht, even though I still basically just worked from there. It felt like a new year, one that would be just as long and frustrating as every year. I leaned forward onto the desk, scrolling through files on the computer. Folders within folders within folders. All I was doing was looking through company files that were looked at once probably. I found the company employee database, which just had information about everyone in the building. I got bored and decided to scroll through every name and company picture. I was the first one. Then Donald and Vince, then Michael and Emilio. After that it just went from oldest employees to youngest. Everyone's pictures were the same. They were just staring at the camera, either with a blank face or doing one of those awkward smiles. I kept scrolling, going fast because they were boring me, but then as I flashed through the dull pictures something 'bright' caught my eye. I scrolled back up and came to one employee whose picture was quite different.

He was giving a genuine smile, like he was just so happy to have his picture taken, or almost like he was laughing. He had a great smile, and a great face overall. He looked young, but something about him made me see that he was smart. His eyes held understanding. Below his messy, light brown hair were his bright blue eyes ad beaming smile. Everything about him was bright. He illuminated the picture. His name was Emerson Lane, so the company profile said. I got curious, so I went to Facebook. I didn't have a Facebook, but luckily his profile was very open to public. It didn't say his address or who his family was, but he had lots of photos and basic information available. He was gorgeous. Lanky, but slender, with an incredible ass. There was one photo where he was standing next to a group of people around his age and they were all soaked for whatever reason. It looked cloudy in the background so it might have been raining, but he was wearing shorts that were probably too short for the stereotypical male, and a white shirt that was hugging his torso because of how wet it was, so it was also quite see-through. He looked sexy, and I could imagine having great nights with him. Though there was something else about him in his photos. He just made me smile, because he looked so happy.

A thought came into my mind, about how Donald was going to retire. I mean, if I'm going to replace him, then I would have to hire someone very trustworthy. Emerson gives off that he's trustworthy, and he's sexy and cute and nice to look at. I could easily stare at that ass all day. It might cause problems because I would really want to throw him onto the couch and just screw him so hard, but I'm certain that can be overlooked.

I pressed the button on my phone and said, "Michael, Emilio, get in here."

Soon, my best friends appeared. "What?" Michael asked.

"I think I found someone who's going to take Donald's position," I said.

"Who? Is he cute?" Emilio asked.

"He's incredibly cute. And he has a nice, fat ass."

"Big but firm?"

"Exactly. The perfect ass. Come look."

They came around the desk and we stalked his profile. They agreed that he was absolutely gorgeous.

"You don't think he's going to be arrogant because he's so hot do you?" Michael asked.

"If he is then I'll just put him back in his old spot."

"Alright," Michael said. "Welcome to the 24th floor, Emerson Lane."

"He has no idea what he's in for."

-

-

-

When I went down to the 23rd floor to tell everyone that Donald was retiring, I first spotted the lovely backside of Emerson. He was leaning over a cubicle wall and his pants should've been tighter so his ass could leave no imagination. I told everyone about Donald, and the Michael fetched Emerson for me. When I asked him if he wanted to be my assistant, he was stunned, and he has a cute shocked face. He took a moment to answer, though, and I was nervous. I really wanted Emerson to work for me. So when he said "of course" I was very pleased.

Later on, when he was moving all of his stuff to his desk, I found him looking out the window, and I was mesmerized by the way he looked. I wanted to know what he saw, and as he stood there, the sun shining on his face, he looked beautiful, which is really the first time I saw him other than "hot" or "sexy."

"Nice view, isn't it?" I asked. I was talking about him, but he had no way of knowing that.

"Uh yeah, lovely," he replied. He was so nervous. I knew he'd eventually come around, though.

Emerson was entertaining. He fell asleep on the couch, and since I hadn't given him any tasks then he probably would be bored out of his mind. I gawked at him for a while when he slept, because he looked really desirable when he slept. His arms were over his head and his shirt was pulled up so I could see his lean torso. It's like he was just asking me to take him right then and there. I started to wake him up though so we could go to Donald's retirement party. I discovered he was an extremely heavy sleeper, so it took a while to wake him. He was embarrassed out of his mind when he woke up, but I tried to reassure him that he wouldn't get in trouble. He failed to realize that I was not a regular boss. I quite enjoyed his nerves, but I wanted him to open up, too. He did open up, by accident. He told me about his coming out story and how he was still basically a virgin. Sure, he had sex, but clearly no man had given him what he needs, which just tempted me more. He reminded me of Julliard, though, and new ideas formed in my head. I had to thank him for that in the end. Once we went to my shrink, he fell asleep on the couch again, looking incredible again. After that first day, I could really get use to him.

-

-

-

I decided to pick him up the next day. Then I took him shopping. I told Marion to give him my sexiest line of clothing to try on. Tight pants, skimpy shirts. I could tell Emerson knew why I made him wear these clothes, but he surprisingly didn't say anything. I took the liberty to stare at his ass as we left. A person shouldn't be able to have that perfect ass.

Unfortunately, even though he was looking incredible, my father called, and I guess Emerson would have to learn about my family strains sooner or later. I didn't tell him the whole ordeal, but he could tell there was something up because I didn't look happy. So he offered to rub my feet. I decided to show him first, because I was just tempted to. I learned that he's very ticklish, and he has the nicest laugh I had ever heard. It was just so full of joy, it made me smile. He rubbed my feet for a little while, but I was already in a better mood. I took the chance to touch his hands by rubbing them, and they were very warm, contrasting with mine because my hands are constantly cold. They felt wonderful.

After Emerson left, I was alone in the office for hours. I finished my work, and I just sat around for a while. I worked out, but then I just stared out the window, doing nothing. I got a phone call and sighed. I didn't want to answer it, but I did anyway. To my surprise and delight, it was Emerson, and I was shocked because he offered to come and help me since he wasn't tired. It wasn't often that people called me to help. I usually called for help, or they called for my help.

The next day he got me a flower for my vase, and the small gesture just brightened my day. I found myself staring at the rose, thinking of his exuberant smile. And yet, I ended up being an ass to him. I was thinking about the family dinner, and how annoyed I was going to be. All he was trying to do was help, but I snapped at him. After I told him to leave, I saw his face. He was turning red, obviously hurt, and the pure sadness on his face made me feel like the piece of shit I was. It's like I just kicked a puppy and I felt horrible. I followed after him before he left, and the fact that he was about to cry made me hate myself even more than I already did. I didn't mean to, but I called him Emmy, a name I had only called him in my journals and in my mind. It got him to turn around, though. I pulled him back to the office, and told him everything. He opened up to me about his family, and he got emotional thinking about them. Not only did he laugh at anything that was remotely funny, he cried at anything remotely sad. I liked that, though. No, I didn't want to see him cry. I preferred his laugh, although his eyes did look much bluer when they were wet. It's just that his crying shows how much he cares, and that's so nice to me.

After talking on the phone with my dad, I really needed a massage. I figured it was the best time to teach him. He was nervous about it, blushing. Once I saw him shirtless I was immediately out of a bad mood. That body made me think of so many dirty things. Then to rub my hands all over him made me horny as hell. I wanted to mount over him and screw him into the table. He then gave me one and man I got in the mood. I didn't regret hiring

-

-

-

I ended up becoming closer to Em in a horrible way. His aunt passed away, and he was so sad. I let him stay the night in my home, the secret room I had. He didn't ask much about it, he was too emotional. Even though he was in mourning, and even though I was worried about him, I couldn't help but think that he looked gorgeous getting out of the shower, wearing my pajama pants. They looked like they were about to fall off they hung so low. I could see his v-line, and since he was wet they clung to him more. Then since they were silk they didn't hide much either. He fell asleep, and I got in bed without him knowing. I gawked at him, his sprawled out body, the drawstrings on the pants becoming undone more. I knew he wouldn't wake up if I touched him since he slept like a rock, so I grazed my hands over his long torso. He was so gorgeous, and yet as he slept I thought of how beautiful he was, too. He was self-conscious for some reason, even though he was so attractive in every way possible. I fell asleep, though, and I woke up to him cuddling me. I loved that. The feel of his body against mine, the smell of his hair in my face, the slow breathing. He had his arm firmly around me, his hand grabbing my side. I got up, even though I didn't want to, and changed.

I drove him to the showing, comforting him through out. I met his family, and they were the nicest people I had ever met. I was shocked by how wonderful and loving his family was, because mine was not like that. I returned to the city that night, and I couldn't sleep at all. I was worried about Em, knowing he was sad. I missed him more than I had ever missed anyone, which took me by surprise. I didn't just want him to come back and work. I wanted him to stay the night again. I wanted to hold him against me and wake up to his sleeping body. I wanted to stare at him more and see his smile.

He called me late at night, asking to be picked up, and I felt so relieved because I could finally see him again. I was waiting for him at the train station when TMZ came up to me. They were asking me what I was doing and I told them how I was waiting on my assistant, Emerson. They were always very nice and I never had a problem with paparazzi. It's not that I liked attention. In fact I was very selective with the press I got, but I just liked appearing as a good person and answering their questions. Once Emerson arrived we went back to the office. I told him about my criminal ways, and I had a sudden feeling of relief when he didn't think I was a monster. Hell, he even found it kind of hot I broke the law.

I only slept for a few hours that night, getting up early and sitting in the office, writing in my journal all my puzzling thoughts about Emerson. To my surprise he woke up at about eight. He was wearing my pajama pants again, them hanging dangerously low on his hips again. I didn't feel guilty for flat out staring at him, especially when he stretched his body. That's when I made my decision. Em was going to move in with me. I told Michael and Emilio, and Emilio thought it was great while Michael was skeptical.

"So you're going to have an affair with him?" he asked.

"Nonsense," I said. "He's just going to stay with me so I can stare at him more and it'll just be more convenient anyway. I like waking up with him next to me."

"You're the stupidest person I've ever met," he suddenly exclaimed, looking angry. "Be in a relationship with him, Lafayette."

"You two fight way too much," Emilio groaned.

"But I'm being serious, Emilio. Stop being such a whore and stop leading Em on. One of these days you're just going to sleep with him but you're too scared to be in a relationship so you'll ruin your friendship. If you're going to treat him as your boy toy then be with him. You know you want to."

"Michael why do you always do this?" I asked.

"Do what? Point out the truth? Have you ever thought that being in a relationship could be good for you?"

"But would it be good for the person I'm with? I'm constantly working-"

"Even though you don't have to. You just choose to."

"And I'm always stressed-"

"As if someone caring for you couldn't stop your stress."

"Damn it, Michael. What do you want from me?"

He sighed, shaking his head. Sometimes I thought Michael knew what was wrong with me, knew that I was depressed. I hated admitting it, but I was, and there was no reason why I was. Michael was a great but blunt friend, and he just wanted things to change for me. He could see I wasn't happy, but I wasn't sure if he knew how sad I was. "I just want what's best for you."

I sighed, hating how often we fought. "Take him shopping today, for pajamas and intimates."

He rolled his eyes, not saying anything. "You're just using him, you know?"

"Just do you job," I snapped and went into my office. I woke Em up and after he showered him and Michael went shopping. I moped around in my office during that time, cancelling a meeting I had. I called my shrink, something I did when I was feeling so low. She was a very nice woman, very patient. She made me feel better, not happier, but less shitty. When Em came back I debated on whether or not to ask him to live with me, but I wanted him to so badly live with me that I did. He was flabbergasted, but he agreed. He moved his stuff in quickly because he didn't have much, and that was that. When we went to bed I realized that there was a lot of room between us, and the idea of getting a new, smaller bed sounded nice. He caught onto what I wanted, and he gladly moved closer to me. I could get use to this, just as long as I stop thinking about it.

-

-

-

Since Em knew about my second business, I took him to one of the underground business meetings. We met with Rick Solanzki. I had briefly met him on numerous occasions, and I had never cared for him. There was a group of us, business owners and CEOs and billionaires who did shady things together. We were spread out all over the world, but I was the one who kept us out of trouble. Rick was the one who liked to dance with danger. He'd try to push people to their limits and would nearly get people caught. I really despised the guy. Em was nervous, but I knew nothing bad was going to happen to him. I started to despise Rick more as the meeting went on. When he looked at Em, I knew he wanted to sleep with him, but no. I refused to let that happen. I sure as hell didn't want to sleep with Rick, but he was off limits. I grew extremely jealous at the thought of anyone touching Em. I didn't ponder on why I was so jealous, but the feeling was there. So I sent Em out to find my lighter and I said I would take Rick out and sleep with him. So, later, I took him to dinner and I got him hammered. I took him back to his room, stalled around until he passed out, and left him on the bed, removing some clothes so it made it seem like I slept with him.

The next day, I was forced to think about why I was jealous. Em had gone out, and when he came back he told me how he had given some guy oral and didn't get any in return, which is rude. Though I was so jealous. I wanted him to blow me and I was tempted to give him one right there. I didn't, but he did tell me about his dream date. It sounded lovely, and I wrote it down later after he was asleep. I figured I wouldn't take him on the date, but just in case I ever got the courage.

Em found out about Marcus, and I properly told him what happened. I should never have dated Marcus. I just wanted to make him feel better, but I ended up dating him. I just should've been his friend, because I knew a relationship with him wouldn't last, and now he's in the hospital because of me. Some how, I just manage to make things worse. Things will be fine for a while, but then they go downhill. Em told me everything I needed to hear, though. He created a beautiful story that put me to sleep, and I got more sleep than I ever had because of him. It made me realize just how amazing Em really is.

-

-

-

I got the spend the holidays with Em's family, and they are just the greatest people. They didn't care that I was rich and famous. They didn't ask me about that at all. I had never been around such a family, but I was jealous my family couldn't be like that. No wonder Em is so great and I'm so screwed up. I mean, I'm screwed up because it's my fault, but maybe if my family were nicer then I wouldn't be as screwed up. He bought me an ocarina, a green one, and it was a wonderful Christmas present. He was a great gift-giver, but I made a mistake that night. I kissed him. It's just that he was saying how he didn't think he was attractive even though he's definitely a ten and just so beautiful and gorgeous. I kissed him to show him that some smug jerk like me only kisses attractive people. It was a mistake because after I kissed him, I knew.

He liked me.

Yes, he liked me more than a boss or a friend. He wanted to be with me, and I was just leading him on. I felt guilty, but I had no idea what to do. I'm stupid, so of course I don't know what to do in situations like that. I just ignored it, and that ate at my conscience even more.

I forgot about it when we went and visited his family. We all exchanged nice gifts, but the best gift was being in Em's incredibly small bed with him and taking advantage of that. Let's just say as he slept soundly I let my hands wonder. I couldn't help it. I got closer with Em the next few weeks. In a drunken state, he told me about his friend Kenneth, and he had blocked his friend for so long he forgot about him and never mentioned him before, but now he did. When he was sober, we had one of those wonderful talks that you always remember.

Another way I got closer was by getting into a fight with him. It sounds odd, but we of course made up. It's just that he was getting frustrated and annoyed with the way I treated him. He didn't like that I made him wear skimpy clothes or that I would get so close to him in bed. I was confusing him. He said he didn't want to be with me, but I could see that in a way he did. Maybe just not now? I wasn't sure, but I was acting stupid and snapped back at him. I made him cry, proving that I was a piece of shit. We didn't talk for a good while, and he was of course the first to apologize, even though he didn't have to. We made up, and I agreed not to make him do things he didn't want to. Even though I didn't like it when Em was mad at me, it was kind of a turn on when he was getting feisty with me. It only made me imagine what he could do in bed, but I had to force myself to stop thinking about him like that.

I had told Em that I was going to change a lot of things in the new year. I wasn't sure how serious I was, but I suddenly was determined to. I figured if I could change a lot of things then I just might take Em on a date. That terrified me, and so even if the time was perfect I could be scared to, but I still needed to change things, and maybe if I did then it could motivate me to actually make a move on Em.

-

-

-

I was working harder than I ever had before, and not just with the company. I was trying to fix everything so quickly. It's just I would look at Em and I wanted to be with him. I couldn't bring him into a relationship when I have so many problems, when I'm so screwed up. Deep down, though, I figured that once I even made everything better I would be too scared to let him know how I feel about him. I was even more stressed, but I would look at Em or he'd smile at me and be there for me and it would be okay. I was doing it for him anyway, even if I didn't ask him out on a date it was still for him. He's the perfect friend, and if he does so much for me and lots of other people, then there's no reason why I shouldn't. He was there for me when I told my parents how I truly felt, which took a toll on me that he didn't see fully. Then, I decided to visit Marcus. I found out he was doing okay, and that he was getting better. It worried because I had no idea what I would do if he woke up.

That got me thinking, and it got me more stressed, and more depressed. I started to think that I would never find someone who could ever love me, even with all my flaws. I was having an anxiety attack on the way back to the office. I ended up getting in a fight with Em, and I was using the whole Marcus things as a reason to fight with him, but it wasn't that. It was so much more than that. I was in love with Emerson Lane, but in my mind I believed that once he found out who I really was he could never love me. It all came crashing down, and I was a wreck. I was screaming at him, just so angry at how horrible my life was. I was being stupid, and he had every reason to be mad at me. Hell, maybe if I make him hate me then I won't have to constantly worry about him and realize that he could never feel the same way. After I kicked him out, I realized that if I didn't have him in my life then I wouldn't want this life. I wouldn't feel the need to work hard or do anything. I did everything with the purpose of finding someone who could just bring me back on my feet and make me smile, and Em did that. I shook my head, knowing that I needed him in my life. I passed out from exhaustion, and then drove to get him back. We made up, and to have him back with me was the best feeling.

However, things got rocky for the next few weeks. Em made a new friend, Owen Brave. He was sexy and incredibly nice. I knew I could be friends with him, but jealously overtook me and every thought I had about him was scornful. I vented this to my friend Liam, who I met at a party once. We had slept together once, but after that we just became friends and he was just someone to talk to because he listened to people. See, Em listened to me on everything, but when I wanted to talk about Em then I talked to Liam. He gave the advice I knew I should follow, but I was too much of a coward.

I threw Em a surprise party, and his reaction to it was the best. I knew he would love surprise parties. He loves weddings and banquets and all sorts of social events. He was just ecstatic, and we finally slept in the townhouse that night. It felt nice, because if we ever got together then I would much rather live in the townhouse than in the flat. It was just another reason why I was changing things. I could ask him out, I would just have to keep on pushing myself. He was worth it, after all.

-

-

-

Summer came, and things picked up speed again. First there was going to NYC Pride, which was incredibly fun and Em looked sexy as hell in his short shorts, and then we started traveling. I had traveled before and I wasn't really that excited about it, but then Em made it exciting. He made me worry less about the work part, and it became a vacation. Traveling with Em was one of the greatest experiences ever. He made everything too fun. He had this thing with aliens and so we'd go to ancient places and he'd tell me all these alien theories. We went to Brazil and I got to see him naked, which was a memory I constantly thought about. Basically, when we traveled, we did all the must-do's. Honestly, it was the happiest I had ever felt, because Em was so happy and he made me smile so. He took pictures of everything we did and tweeted them. I didn't have a twitter, but I would get on and look at everything he tweeted. In every photo he was in he was smiling. To my satisfaction, I was smiling, too. His pictures ended up being used in news articles, too, when they would explain what I was doing around the world. There was a photo of me playing with kids in Africa, and that was the most popular one as of recent.

Australia was my most favorite place and my least favorite place. We did plenty of fun things, and then we went to the outback because I always wanted to go. I showed Em the curvature of the Earth and we watched the sunset. We got to see all the stars, and it was really the perfect time to confess my feelings. I was lying down with my eyes closed, thinking of whether or not I should tell him. He started to say something to me, but I guess he thought I was asleep. For some reason, I pretended to be asleep. Gently, he kissed me. His lips barely touched mine, and as I remained still, my head was spinning. He felt the same. It might not be love, but he liked me more than just a friend. It was going so well, but then it just went downhill.

Em was in the shower and I was in one of the bedrooms with Michael and Emilio. Michael couldn't handle it anymore. He knew I was depressed, and it was about time he let me know. Em had asked me what I was afraid of, and I didn't tell him my biggest fear. My biggest fear was people knowing I was depressed. I didn't want them to know I was so pathetic. A part of it felt good, because they cared, but there wasn't anything they could do about it. I didn't know what to say. I stormed out of there and went up to the roof instead.

Michael was right. All I wanted was to be happy. Em made me happier than anyone or anything, but something was stopping me. Fear. I was just such a coward. What if he realizes he doesn't want me? What if we get together but he dies? There were so many what-ifs, and it was stressing me out. I knew I had to do it, though. I had to tell Em. I was just procrastinating so much. Em came out, trying to find me. He cracked a joke, and I slowly became less stressed.

Things went on like normal after that. We finished traveling, returned home, and I actually felt great. It's like I knew things were going to be fine. With Em, of course they were going to be fine.

-

-

-

When Em visited his family, I got a visitor. Daniel Shipley. He was my neighbor when we were younger, and we had been friends for quite a while. As we grew up, we got curious. We'd sneak into my shed and would kiss, curious. Dad caught us, told his parents, and they sent Daniel away. I had only made contact with him about three times since then. So now it was a nice surprise. He had been in the military for a while but his service was over now. He followed Em on twitter, and wanted to stop by. We caught up, and then he met Em. I didn't think about the fact that he might possibly want to go on a date with Em. I mean, not only is Em gorgeous, but he's so nice and charming and makes everyone smile. I tried to persuade him not to go on a date with him, and I could see it in his eyes. He knew I didn't want him to go on a date. I got annoyed, and let them go on a stupid date. Luckily, when Em came home, he said Daniel wasn't his type.

That was the final push I needed. Daniel was awesome. He could win anyone over, so I had to make a move on Em. I was so annoyed, thinking that Em could be with someone else, and I finally felt the need to just make him mine. So, I decided to take the day off, and take him on his dream date.

I got up before him, made him breakfast, and set it to the side. I had a new pair of clothes for him and hung them up in the bathroom for him. We spent the entire day together, and it was just perfect. I was glad I took him on this date. Later on, after we made our fort, he said he loved me.

Yeah. He loved me.

I didn't think his feelings went that deep for me. I was shocked, and I felt nothing but pure bliss. So I kissed him, lovingly, longingly. We made love until the sun was breaking over the horizon, and I had never had such great sex. It was true. There was a difference between sex and making love, and I completely preferred making love with this amazing person that I just loved so much. He was beautiful, and he kept saying he loved me over and over again. It was truly the greatest night of my life.

-

-

-

I was running late for a meeting the next morning. I saw the time, jumped out of bed, tripped over Em, and started getting ready. The meeting was with a few other companies and we were all going to discuss some bullshit I knew I wouldn't take part in. One reason why my companies work is because I try to limit the amount of change. Many other companies change their products and that annoys customers. I only change it when they want me to. I told Em goodbye and went down to the car, where my driver drove me to the airport. I was in such a rush I didn't even think about what happened last night with Em. I was on the phone with Bill and he was saying how people were getting impatient. I told him to tell them to calm their shit. I made it to Boston quickly and went up to the conference room. It was a funny sight, really. All the top businessmen and women in one room. They always wanted to try and work together, but we were competition. So no. I was forced to come to these meetings, but I just sat around and zoned out.

In the middle of my zoning, I finally thought about Em, and a smile formed on my face. I had never been in love, and now I was, and he loved me back. I was happier than I had ever been. To kill time, I started to draw pictures of Em naked in my planner. He was great in bed. He was loud and scratched me and clenched himself. He rode on top of me and the way he moaned and screamed was so sexy. That was the best sex I ever had. It lasted so long and felt so good and we just did it over and over again. All I wanted to do was go back and make love some more. So on the way home, I was excited to see his beautiful face again. I was in good spirits, entering the door saying, "Lucy! I'm home!" Though once I saw his crying face my smile disappeared. I went to him, asking what was wrong.

I never told him I loved him.

He was afraid I didn't love him, which was ridiculous to me because I was afraid he wouldn't love me. So I told him, and I kept on telling him how much I loved him. I couldn't believe he thought I didn't love him. I've practically loved him since the first time I saw his picture on the company website. Michael was smug after he found us on the desk, about to have sex. He later kept giving me that look that he was right. He had always been right. I never argued with that. I was just a pussy, but then I grew some balls.

Things were just perfect. I had Em, my family and I got along, the underground business was gone. The last thing I had to do was take care of Marcus. I just had to leave him a note, sit with him, ask the doctors what was going to happen. Em came with me, and I recalled all the good memories we shared. Em said he really wanted him to wake up, because he wanted to be his friend. He just wanted to be everyone's friend and make them all happy again. I decided to go to Taco Bell across the street because we were hungry. I never thought I would miss so much just by going to get a quesadilla. When I returned, Marcus had awoken. I talked to him.

"Hey," is the first thing I said.

"Hi," he replied, his voice hoarse.

I sighed. "I'm glad you're awake."

"Really?"

"Of course."

"It's just I know you didn't actually want to be in a relationship with me. I was afraid you didn't actually like me."

"Of course I did, but you're right. I didn't want to be in a relationship with you."

"I just wanted to be in a relationship with anyone. I'm glad you were the guy I jumped on, though. You're a good guy. So is your boyfriend. He seems wonderful."

I smiled faintly. "He is, and he's very eager to be your friend."

"I do need friends, I guess. Can he come in here?"

"Of course."

So Em came in, and he was the best friend everyone needed. He helped Marcus get back on his feet by introducing him to people, being there for him, helping him in every way. Luckily I knew Em wasn't Marcus's type. to my satisfaction, Em set him up on a date with Daniel, and that couldn't be more perfect.

Like I said, things were going perfectly, but when things seem to be going the way you want them - the world comes crashing down.

-

-

-

Rick Solanzki is a horrible man. For whatever reason, he felt the need to stalk me. He was in the building across from the office and would use binoculars to look into the office. So he saw Em and I, and he finally had something to hold against me. I still, to this day, don't know what he wanted from me. He blackmailed lots of people, like Michael Shumacher, Bill Gates, a bunch of us. He got off on having control over powerful people, there was a thrill to it. He always liked testing the waters, pushing people to their limits, testing the laws. He liked breaking rules, liked the suspense. As the most powerful man in the world, I was the top level of his game. He finally had the chance to blackmail me, and he took advantage of it.

I received a phone call from him.

"Hello Lafayette," he greeted.

"Rick, what can I do for you?" I replied.

"Lots of things. Break up with Emerson, will you?"

I paused, taking in what he said. "Excuse me?"

"Break up with him or else I'll kill him."

"Rick, what do you want?" I asked slowly. "You don't have to threaten me to get things from me."

"I just want you to break up with him. I will gladly kidnap your pretty boy, have my way with him, and kill him. Do it."

I sighed. "What will you get out of this?"

"Replace him with me. He's always in the spotlight with you. That sounds fun."

"How the hell am I suppose to break up with him?"

"Oh I'll come up with something. I really enjoy creating stories, you know? Give it some time and I'll tell you when. For right now, act distant from him. Pull away. Be a dick. Maybe he'll just dump you before you can get to it. Do it. I'll be watching." He then hung up.

I was forced to act distant from Em. I didn't kiss him as much, talk to him, smile. I knew Rick was somehow watching me. It wasn't a camera. He was in the office across the street, hiding and watching. Behind the door of our home, I didn't act distant. I didn't say much, but I made love to him, wanting him to know I still loved him. I tried to give him hints. I constantly told him I was a great liar, and that I would forever love him. Rick said I could throw him a bone and act nice. I had to go to Rick, though. I lied and said I was in London. He let me go home, though, to see Em. His parents were awake, and they told me to hide in the garage until Em came down. I moped around in the garage, smoking a cigar since I was in a horrible mood. When Em came through the doors, I wanted to find Rick and punch him. How dare he mess with me? I was going to make sure he never fucked with me again, especially when it came to Emerson. We celebrated Christmas together, something I was relishing in for the time being.

Rick told me to break up with Em finally. I had to have him talking to me through my ear piece, telling me what to say. I overheard Em talking with Emilio, Marcus, and Michael. They were talking about me proposing. I had planned on proposing to Em on New Year's, nation wide on TV. I even had a ring. I felt so sick, knowing his hopes were getting up. He came into the office, and it took all I had to not cry. I was trying to protect him. If I didn't do this he would die. The story Rick came up with was elaborate, and he was blackmailing Michael Shumacher, too, so he was bringing him into my mess. I wanted to die, just seeing the depressed and torn face on Em was torture. He left, and I threw the ear piece, closing the curtains. I sobbed uncontrollably for the longest time, missing Em. My life felt so empty without him, but I knew I would get him back. I followed what Rick said for the time being.

Em's father visited me, and he was a very strong man, stronger than me. He beat the shit out of me, and I deserved it. I was in the papers because of it, but I wouldn't call the cops on anyone. Emilio and Michael found out, and they were furious, screaming at me. I felt so helpless. I just wanted to tell them it wasn't true. I finally came up with my plan when I saw Rick carrying a gun on him on New Year's. I knew what I had to do, but I had to wait for it to happen.

I got a call from Em a few days later, and Rick rolled his eyes, saying I could throw him another bone. So I tried to smooth things out without saying anything Rick wouldn't like. Em surprised me. He forgave me, and I felt even worse because of it. It made me want to end this shit, though. I was getting sick and tired of Rick.

We were planning my birthday party, so I knew Rick would be carrying a gun on him. It wasn't at the party, but before it. He still had the gun so he wouldn't forget it later at the party. I alerted Michael and Emilio, and put on my bullet-proof vest. I ended it, and he shot me. He went to jail, and I went to the hospital.

Thus, things returned to normal. I had to propose to Emerson on live TV, and I ignored any comments the press asked. The wedding was beautiful. Em was beautiful. Life was simply beautiful. We decided to move to his hometown a year after the wedding. I built I giant house for us, down the road from his parents' house, building a nice fence in the small grove of trees where our house was. Eventually, my parents moved to town, too, because they were tired of city life. My siblings remained in the city, but we all still visited each other often, since I still worked in the city. I didn't go to the office everyday, though, because I could just do a lot of work from the computer. A year later, we had our first son, and it was one of the most magical moments in my life. We had four more kids within the next few years. I only went to the office on Mondays and Wednesdays for a few hours, so that way I could help with the kids. My parents and Em's parents were always glad to babysit, too, if need be. Em started to publish stories, a lot of them being bestsellers, some of them being gay smut that he couldn't help but write. When Dean was only fifteen, I decided to retire. Em had retired a long time ago but still wrote. Michael and Emilio decided to watch over the company until Dean took over it. I still basically ran the company, but I just didn't show up to meeting or anything like that. I just told them what to do over the phone.

Things were great. Life was simply perfect.

Just as long as I had Emerson Jeff-Lane with me, nothing could ever go wrong.

_____________________________________

If you like my work, consider saying thanks by buying me a coffee :)

https://ko-fi.com/katieshakespeare

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/katieshakespeare_/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 19.6K 19
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
1.7M 110K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
664K 33.9K 33
1ST BOOK OF BRIDE SERIES✨✨ Don't do this, leave my parents, don't ruin my life, I will die. She was begging infront of him joining her both hands. Th...
378K 14.1K 91
"Leave, you're free. Don't ever come back here again." She said, hoping he wouldn't return and she'll get to live Hael was shocked, "Are you abandon...