Fairy Tail - The Dark Days [A...

By Infinite_Warrior

When a great danger threatens Fiore, certain mages from Fairy Tail are called to go investigate. Unfortunatel... More

Chapter 2- Training Days
Chapter 3- Painful Days
Chapter 4- Fearful Days
Chapter 5- Criminal Days
Chapter 6- Confessing Days
Chapter 7- Reuniting Days
Chapter 8- Ordinary Days
Chapter 9- Destruction Days
Chapter 10- Confusion Days
Chapter 11- Cruel Days
Chapter 12 - Possessed Days
Chapter 13 - Helpless Days
Chapter 14 - Discovery Days
Chapter 15 - Doubtful Days

Chapter 1- Dangerous Days

16.5K 235 36
By Infinite_Warrior

Happy Birthday prettykitty280! Update 1/5

Chapter 1 - Dangerous Days

"Listen up, everyone!" Master yelled, causing everyone to turn and look at the short man, "I have some important news, so listen carefully." 

"Is this about the meeting you went to yesterday?" Mira asked.

"That's right." Master replied, nodding. The entire guild stopped their chatter and turned to face Master Makarov, who began, "Guilds have been disappearing, one by one."

"The whole guild?" Levy asked, shocked.

"The whole guild." Master confirmed, "The people, the building, everyone. The disappearance of guilds is becoming more common, and whoever - or whatever- is doing this, is now posing a threat to Fiore."

"Are you basically telling us to be careful? Because I got somewhere to go." Laxus grunted impatiently.

"Yes, and I volunteered our guild to investigate. This is a chance to make a good impression on the council, so I'll be counting on you all." Master explained.

"Alright! I love mysteries!" Lucy yelled, throwing her fist into the air.

"Only one team will be going to actually investiagate the scenes; a powerful team incase the person responsible for this decides to return. Everyone else will stay in Magnolia and research from here." Master finished.

"Who's on the team?" Cana asked, sitting up straight and setting her cup down.

"Natsu, Gray, Erza, Mirajane, Gajeel, Wendy, Laxus and Juvia." Master said. Lucy, who had been expecting her name to be in the team, deflated a little, surprised.

There were some cheers and some groans, but Lucy stayed silent. She cursed herself for being weak, that's probably why she wasn't on the team. 

"That team is leaving now. Go!" Master exclaimed, and the group of eight mages exited the building, discussing a plan.

Lucy, crestfallen, sat down at the bar beside Cana. 

"Levy, you organize a team to help you research at the library!" Master yelled. Levy immediately ran to Lucy, who gave the petite blue-haired girl a small smile.

"Want to help me?" Levy asked.

"I'm sorry, Levy-chan, but I'm a bit tired right now. I think I'll go rest." Lucy lied.

Levy frowned slightly, but said, "Okay."

Lucy smiled again and got up, pushing open the door to the guild. She was greeted with a cold wind, immediately making her shiver. She wrapped her hands around herself as she walked back to her apartment.

Lucy took a warm bath, using the time to think. She was slightly upset that she wasn't in the group that was investigating, but she wasn't as confused as to why. Lucy was obviously weak, and everybody knew that. 

Her thoughts began to turn darker, as she began to question why she was in Fairy Tail if she was so weak. Lucy had only caused trouble for them, right? Why were they so kind, to keep in her the guild? Why did everything seem like her fault?

Lucy sighed, stepping out of the bathtub and slipping on some comfy clothes. After making herself some dinner, she headed to bed.

I want to become stronger. Lucy thought, pulling the covers over her body. I'm going to show everyone that I can become strong. I'm always useless on jobs anyway. This way, I can actually help by becoming strong. I won't cause trouble for everyone anymore. 

Lucy fell asleep, deciding that she would train hard until Natsu and the others returned. She would become useful.

***********************************************************************************************************************

"Good morning!" Kinana greeted as Lucy walked into the guild. The guild was just as lively as before, except there wasn't a huge fight going on. Natsu and Gray were always the cause of that, and since they weren't here, there weren't chairs and people flying around.

"So you're taking place of Mirajane until she comes back?" Lucy asked as she sat down at the bar.

"That's right." Kinana said, smiling, "Can I get you anything?"

"It's okay, I already had breakfast." Lucy said politely, "Where is Master?"

"In his office." Kinana replied. Lucy nodded a thanks, sending her a grateful smile. Lucy walked to Master's office and knocked on the door.

"Come in!" 

Lucy opened the door to find Makarov sitting on his chair, reading a book that seemed to be in an ancient language.

"Can I help you?" Master asked.

"Uh, yes," Lucy said, "I'd like to take leave for a few weeks."

Master sat up straight, frowning, "Leave?"

"Yes. I got a call from my childhood friend, and she wants me to visit her for a while." Lucy lied, trying not to stumble on her words.

Master narrowed his eyes, looking uncertain. Lucy held her breath, trying not to show any signs that she was lying. 

"Normally, I would say yes, but at a time like this, I'm not so sure. You must understand you could be in danger." Master explained.

"I can handle myself, Master. Please, do I have permission?" Lucy asked, keeping her face impassive.

"Very well." Master said, folding his arms and leaning back on his chair. Lucy smiled thankfully, and exited the guild. 

First, she returned to her apartment and packed up a few things. She didn't plan on coming back for some time, not until she was much, much, stronger. She wanted to show everything that she wasn't as worthless as she seemed.

Lucy slung the backpack over her shoulder, leaving a letter on the doorstep for her landlady as she left.

"I'll be stronger when I return, I promise." Lucy said softly, before turning on her heel and leaving Magnolia.

*********************************************The Dark Days *********************************************

She headed to the forest, deciding to go on her journey on foot. Where she was going, she had no idea.

When Lucy was sure she was lost, she stopped walking. It was too dark for her to keep going without getting even more lost, so she decided to do a little training.

"Gate of the maiden, I open thee! Virgo!" Lucy chanted, holding a key out in front of her. A large magic circle flashed in front of the key, and a pink-haired girl appeared in front of her.

"Time for punishment, princess?"

"Gate of the Lion, I open thee! Loke!" Lucy exclaimed.

"You asked for my assistance?" Loke asked, bowing in front of her.

Lucy was already sweating heavily from the strain of keeping the two doors open, but she took out another key, "Gate of the Golden Bull, I open thee! Taraus!

"Moo! I'm going to protect your body, Lucy-san!" Taraus yelled as he poofed into existance before her. Seeing no threat, he turned to her in confusion.

"Lucy, what are you doing?" Loke asked in worry, catching Lucy when she nearly fell in exhaustion.

"Training." Lucy answered weakly. She could feel her magic power at it's limit, but she fumbled out another key.

"No, princess! You'll hurt yourself!" Virgo yelled, trying to stop Lucy.

"Gate of the Giant Crab, I open thee! Cancer!" Lucy yelled before Virgo could stop her!

"Ebi!" Cancer said, appearing before her.

"Four gates open, Miss Lucy? You're going to kill yourself with all this strain!" Taruas scolded, staring at Lucy's shaking body.

Lucy grunted, "We're going to train and become stronger, Taraus. Come on Loke, attack that tree!"

"But-"

"Just do it!" Lucy snapped.

Virgo flashed, like a static on a television. "I can't stay any longer, princess. By-"

Virgo disappeared. Instantly, Taraus and Cancer vanished, but Leo stayed with his own magic.

"Lucy, what's wrong with you? What are you doing to yourself?" Loke asked in concern, holding Lucy's body.

"I'm going to become stronger. I'll show everyone that I'm not weak and helpless! I'm going to stop being the cause of everyone's problems!" Lucy exclaimed, a fire of determination and anger burning in her eyes.

"L-Lucy..." Loke managed to say before disappearing.

Please comment and vote; and let me know how you feel. This is actually a much older idea; just published now. So sorry for the weird planning and stuff.

~Infinite_Warrior

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.1K 298 20
What did I do to deserve this. I wish I didn't love him. Then I wouldn't be hurt as bad. But why did he have to go and say he loved her. Yeah they we...
223K 4.7K 21
Natsu and Lucy get trapped in a cave and their only way out is to kiss. About a week or so later after their kiss, Natsu starts to ignore Lucy. Lucy...
1M 27.5K 43
It was her dream to be able to join Fairy Tail, the strongest guild in all of Fiore. But now, was she really all that joyful that she joined that gui...
83.9K 3K 35
Cover by @NyxAbsol (She's amazing!) xx Lucy is disturbed when Virgo appears. She warns her of a silver key spirit that has been changing things aroun...