Shatter ✔ #TheWattys2017

By Wowchilee

HIGHEST RANKING: #1 IN WEREWOLF [[*COMPLETED*]] Nova is the daughter of a Beta. And her mate? The Alphas firs... More

➸ 1. Shattered Soul
➸ 2. Sorry
➸ 3. The Pull
➸ 4. Selfish
5. Heart❤
6. Damage
7. Sorrow
8. Homecoming
9. Twisting Knives
10. Skin
11. Matter
12. Desire
13. Home
14. Rules
15. Attack
16. Last Time
17. A Gift
18. Brother, Oh Brother
20. Eden
21. Pain
22. Agony
23. Intoxicated Lust
24. Disgrace
25. Savage☠
26. Loophole
27. Thrash
28. Beware
29. Instincts
30. Gracie
31. Night of Terror
32. Discovery
33. Alpha Conrad
34. The Meeting
35. Bitch Fight (literally)
36. Secrets (part 1)
37. Secrets (part 2)
38. Secrets (part 3)
39. Alpha Blood
40. Two Roads Diverged
41. Insidious
42. Heat.
*PRIVATE CHAPTERS*
43. Regrets
44. Broken
45. Proposition
46. Fire
47. Loose Ends
48. Runaway
49. Monster
50. Gone
51. Unsteady
52. Down We Go
53. Strong
54. Pack
55. Warrior
56. Beast - part 1
57. Beast - part 2
58. Alpha
59. Running With Wolves
60. Realities (re-edit)
61. In - Dependence
62. Free As A Bird
63. An Alpha's Command
64. Coming Home
65. Tongue Teeth & Claws
66. Heart & Soul
67. Painful Memories
68. Strength
69. Vicious
70. Undiluted Pleasure (MA)
71. Hot and Cold
72. United Front
73. New Beginnings
74. Scent
75. The Moon's Will
76. Prepare
77. Packs of Wolves
78. WAR p.1. (edited)
79. WAR p.2 (edited)
80. Bloody Meadow (word edit)
81. Gemini Moon ♊
82. Alive
83. Blessings
84. Death
85. Funeral
86. Letters || 86.2 Mates (additon)
87. Fireworks
88. The Change
89. Powers
90. Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde (edited / re-read new material)
91. Savior *[the finale]*
Epilogue I - "I Do"
Epilogue II. Birth-Daze
.:*Cover Contest Right Here!!!*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD. P2*:.
.:*COVER CONTEST CONTD P3*:.
Epilogue III - Winning
COVER FINALS!!!
Epilogue IV - All Grown Up
EXCITING NEWS ABOUT SHATTER!
[[rachelle]]

19. Lying Games

280K 8.9K 3.2K
By Wowchilee

Allo lovies. Make sure you read the AN at the bottom!!! Loves!

Nova

The sun was bright on my face and birds were chirping outside my window. a beautiful song that made me fantasize I was in a meadow, surrounded by wildflowers, breathing in the fresh cool spring air that wasnt to come for anoother two seasons, as i lay, basking in the sun.

Wild. Carefree.

That's how i wished i could be... A carefree seventeen year old shewolf with no problems.

But currently I was anything but that. The damning affect this mateship had on me from the very beginning was proof of that. The nights I cried in my room at the pack house.. the days i went without showers, just to lie in my bed and fester in my own misery..

But that part of my life was over now. This was a new chapter.. the old memories i have of myself could become a reoccuring mess, but I'd do anything to make sure it didn't happen that way.

After Nic had left on his mission, I decided to eat breakfast first then have a shower and devise a plan. Since i couldn't actually see Zaryn, I was going to write him a letter and put it in our spot in the tree house for him to retrieve. I would check it daily until i discovered a reply because not knowing the answers to my quesrions was eating at me.. and when I say that, i truly mean it. My nervousness anxiety had me chewing my nails over not knowing the truth.. i know how i am supposed to feel.. and i know how i feel. Both of which are black and white, opposite of each other. I just need truths.

My heart was fine.. for now.. but the gut feeling someone was conspiring, that main someone being Grace, had my stomach in one huge knot. Why else would she be so confident of Zaryn marking her? He needed to know this as well. Its one thing to lie but its another to play a game with it.

I wonder if..... if this has anything to do with...

Nahh... she couldnt be that manipulative..

Could she?

I took the time today and actually dried and straightened my hair. something i haven't done in a while.. i even put a little makeup on and picked out a pretty black and floral patterned sun dress that curved along with my chest, a pair of black flip flops to match, letting my locket hang out over my dress down to my breastbone.

I felt like looking nice today...

i had a new found source of energy. Perhaps because my stomach wasnt in a state if turmoil, just anxiety. and my heart didn't feel like pieces of it had started to push through my organs, begging to purge out of my skin.

I sat at my vanity all fixed up, my hand flourishing out letters rhythmically against the wooden surface as I wrote my letter to Zaryn. I had to make sure i put every detail that Nic told me in it. Nic didnt say for me not to tell, but i still felt like i was betraying my brother... he trusted me enough to tell me but at the same time if Grace has something planned, Zaryn needed to know.

Thats my mate she is screwing with regardless if I wanted to be with him or not.. which i dont.Not right now. 

Shrugging it off, i ended the letter with  a command to burn it after he read it. I didnt want this information loose.. out there somewhere for someone to discover under devious pretenses. Not yet. Nic would kill me if he found out i told Zaryn. As far as he knows, i don't and wont communicate with him.

I sealed the envelope of the unique stationary I've  never gotten to use until today, and tucked the letter betraying my loyalty to my brother in my dress pocket for safe keeping.

Deciding it was time to get out of the house despite how tired i was, i chugged a glass of sweet tea for the extra caffeine and headed out toward the pack house in search of Deacon. He acted so strangely last night and said he needed to talk to me... He didn't get all ... weird, until he saw the necklace.  Which meant he had to know where it came from and he was disappointed. It took me a while to pick up on that seeing as how i figured the scent masking trick took care of the scent factor. But i didnt think about the fact perhaps he had already seen the necklace before.. I dont know how or why.. but i just felt like he knew.

Thinking on that, i pulled the necklace over my head and slipped it in my pocket with the letter that seemed to weigh a metaphoric ton. No use in getting Deacon all ralled up because obviously he hates to see me waste my time with Z. He doesn't want me to get hurt and i understood... but he needed to trust that I know what i am doing.

Outside, the warmth i expected wasn't there. The sun that had shown brightly had hidden behind grey clouds filled with moisture. The air blew softly, taking the heat from the suns previous rays along with it. Overcast and slightly windy.. A good kind of day. My lips drew up at the ends forming a soft smile as i moved about the breeze, the wind gently blowing my straight hair.

Its amazing how even the smallest of things can make you happy.

Once at the pack house, i ventured into the always unlocked front door and through the barren foyer. There were always usually wolves around.. getting food or even watching TV in the den. Not today.

Rounding the den, i climbed the stairs up to the third floor and went directly  to Deacon's room. There was no scent of him.. not even a lingering one. As i came back down the polished wooden stairs, i saw that some pack members had come inside the front. I asked the other wolves if they had seen him, the females of which who were excited to see me, pressing their cheeks into mine upon greeting me... it had my wolf puffed out with gratitude. We had a lot of females on our side now, wanting to be in their rightful future Luna's good graces.. and because they knew it was wrong for me to endure what I have. But none of them had seen Deacon.

I left out the side door of the mud room, looking all around, sniffing the air for his scent. i decided to try the woods near my favorite spot. He liked to run and hunt in those woods a lot because of the uphill forrest. He says its more of a challenge.

Instead of going straight through the woods, walking the path i always took to get to my spot, i veered off the dirt road that led to the path to the right which also led towards Alpha Blake's family home and a few others. The road stopped at a dead end, nothing but forrest beyond but i knew Deacon would start there if he did in fact shft and want to run or hunt.

As i past Alpha Blakes home, I could hear harsh whispering in the distance. Curiously, i sniffed the air as it brisked past me.. it was Deacon.. and a sickening sweet gardenia scent i have come to loathe.

Grace.

I walked as far as i could without rounding the bend where they would have noticed me. They wouldn't pick my scent up since the wind us blowing north today. My direction. The harsh words became louder which peaked my curiosity even more. My wolf however, was feeling cagey.. wanting another go at her.. pacing in my mind.

I crouched down and hid behind the trees along the side of the path as i got closer, peering between the limbs as they swayed gently.

There Deacon stood, Grace in front of him with her arms crossed over her chest and an angry scowl as she whisper-shouted something else. I noticed her bandaged neck and felt a pang of guilt but my wolf gloated at this. She was proud of another accomplishment.. that female would never willingly fight us.

Deacon finally sighed at whatever she said, seeming defeated. Grace stomped her foot like a child, her long blonde locks tangling around her face from the breeze as she flailed around wildly to get them out. She pointed her finger at him, mouth moving before turning on her heel and marching back the opposite way, towards the dead end. The oracles home where she was staying was close to the end.

I grew suspicious as Deacon groaned, rubbing his face. He seemed weary.. tired even. Watching his every move, calculating it, he trudged back towards my direction. I bit my lip in hesitation.. he was going to see and smell me soon.. i couldnt hide.

But i can question him..

Getting close to the space on the path even with the tree i hid behind, i stepped out causing him to jump back. His eyes widened, heart picking up .. swallowing hard. Nervous.

"Nova!? What are you doing here!? You scared me to death!" He put a hand over his heart. He was nervous .. not scared.

I rose a brow, crossing my arms. "So.. what was that about?. Why are you whispering and socializing with Grace now?" My voice held accusations that i couldnt back up, but i stood by them, tucking my hair behind my ear.

His blue eyes shifted around, rolling to the heavens with an exasperated sigh. "She wants information about you and Zaryn. Dont worry. I didnt tell her anything. Especially about you being near him or him giving you a necklace." A sly smirk appeared.. eyes playful.

The little son of a... i knew he probably knew where the necklace came from but he was taunting me again.. like last night.

I wouldn't have this. I stepped up to him with two strides, looking up into his blue eyes just shades darker with determination.. He smelled bitter. My wolf surged wanting out to nip at him, but shes done enough of that. I showed my teeth at him causing him to back up in shock.

"Deacon you keep your smart ass comments to yourself. I know what you're doing ... taking jabs at me? You have stooped to a low i never thought possible. My business is my business. If i wanted you to know i would tell you. Stay the hell out of my life if you are against me. Got it?" A rumble left my chest and his eyes widened in surprise as did mine. I turned, leaving him standing there, walking back toward the pack house. Rubbing the place the growl emitted from, i stared down at my chest, confused. I've growled before, but nothing like what i jusy experienced in my chest..

What was that?

Before I could reach the point where dirt road ended and grass began, Deacon had ran up behind me. "Wait Nova!"

Turning, i watched him come to a slow jog before stopping.. taking more careful steps toward me, eyes darting around my face. "Look.. im sorry. I didn't mean to do that... its just.. i feel protective over you.. and ever since Zaryn has ruined your life and they forced us not to be friends.. you've shut me out. I dont want that. I just want to go back to how we were. I just... i just want to see you happy.. without my brother." He gazed down at me with saddened eyes.

The pile of pieces of glass heart in my chest sunk and i did the one thing i always do in these situations.. I felt sympathy. He noticed the change in my reaction and proceeded to put his arms around me, drawing me into a hug. "I cant bear to see you hurt like you were before Nova. I dont want to walk into that again..." His breath fanned my neck and i felt a momentary shiver of pleasure.

My eyes widened in realisation as he held me in his embrace.

My heat was going to come soon.

The mood swings.. the emotional feelings.. the wanting to be around Zaryn.. it was my heat.

I patted Deacon's back carefully as i pulled away, eyes not meeting his. "It... its fine. We can just forget it." I finally looked up at his triumphant smile. "But dont do it again." My glare had his smile deflating like a balloon. He nodded, releasing me. I needed to get out of there fast.

Stepping away, before I could say or do anything else, I ran all the way toward the packhouse without stopping. The clouds overhead seemed to grow more condensed.. darker .. just like my mood. Despite what Deacon said, I didnt feel comfortable with him talking to Grace. I dont like her asking questions. She wont sink her claws into another member of my people.

The wind whipping my hair across my face felt wonderful. I reached the packhouse just in time to spot Nic leaving from his meeting with Alpha Blake. Brows furrowed, his hands clenched in fists. The veins in his forearms bulged along the the muscles that surrounded them.

The need to comfort him grew strong, along with my curiosity.

"Nic! Wait !" My words were carried on a gust of air as I ran toward him. Eyes flashing my way, he didnt stop to wait for me. He only slowed to a walk.

"Nic what's wrong? What happened?" My voice was ragged as I tried to catch my breath. Glancing around, we saw three boats coming up to the dock with pack members inside. That's where everyone had gone. Fishing.

"Not here Nova. Wait until we are home." He grabbed my hand, pulling me with him as we walked home together briskly. I felt a cool drop of water hit my face, then another as we kept on up the dirt road toward our house. The sky above was a swirling mass. Dark clouds hanging low with rain drops in its belly, ready to fall.

He was silent the whole way until we arrived at our home, his agression being taken out on that beloved turquoise front door when it got stuck. He growled, kicking it as he turned the knob making it fly open. If mom was home she would have flew off the hinges over it.

He huffed, the veins in his neck throbbing as he made his way to the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water out of the fridge. I closed the door with ease and carefully approached him, sitting at the island, waiting for his words.

"Well." He began, wiping the sweat from his angry red face with a clean dishtowel. His eyes couldn't meet mine just yet. "I went up to Alpha Blake's office..  sat down, told him I wanted to get to the bottom of why Grace is my mate.. maybe she isnt who she says she is ya know?" He glanced up at me, Green mossy eyes steadily trained on mine now. I nodded for him to continue.

"Blake agreed.. thats when he pulled out his phone and said it was time we got some answers. I was ready.. figured Alpha Conrad would be relieved to hear Grace found her real mate.. Blake called and talked to him.. told him we had a problem. Said Grace found her mate.. that it was Zaryn's mates brother.. a beta blood. Conrad was silent for the most part. Until he accused us of lying! Said there was no way his daughter would be mated to anyone but an Alpha.." his eyes grew dangerously dark.

I put my hand on his arms, smoothing his ruffled fur. Nic took a deep breath, calming himself before he went on. "Alpha Blake said he knew, thats why we called. Asked if maybe Grace isnt really an Alpha blood. Well.." he laughed sarcastically. "That pissed Alpha Conrad off. He accused us of being the liars.. said perhaps im the one with the wrong blood." He shook his head in disbelief.

"Alpha Blake calmed him down and assured him that he has known me my whole life.. as well as our family. He told him he wasnt accusing him of anything but that we needed to figure it out. Conrad agreed and said he would come to our pack soon to discuss the matter and to see about Grace. He sounded sure.. as if there was no way anything was amiss on his part but Nova, there has to be. There is NO way Grace would be an alpha blood and be my mate. Something isn't right with it!" He pounded his fist on the table angrily, shaking the contents on top.

I jumped a little from surprise but managed to soothe him again, rubbing his back. Nic's been more agressive lately.. which i understand why, but its worse than just being in a bad spot.. He is acting unlike his usual carefree self. I can smell more testosterone coming from his as well.

"What else happaned Nic? Did he say anything about you and Grace?" My voice was soft.

A sarcastic scoff left his lips. "No. Infact, you wanna know what he said? That if i wasn't alpha then i wasnt Grace's mate.... and its too late anyways because Grace is pregnant and set to mate with Zaryn. Alpha Blake said Zaryn has his right to refuse but he will still do the right thing by her aside from marking her unless he changes his mind. Well that pissed Conrad off.. told Blake to make sure i stay away from Grace and he will be up here soon to have a discussion with all of us present.. to get down to the bottom of things. He thinks we are lying Nova! The nerve of that cocky arrogant bastard!" He yelled out in a rage.

I sat there in disbelief.

Grace's dad was so sure of himself and his daughter that he had decided to come up here?

"Nic. Its going to be alright. We are going to find out why the two of you are mates, okay?" I brought him into me for a hug, squeezing him lightly as i felt him relax. Contempt for Grace flooded through me. Meeting her dad would set everything right.

"But now i have to stay away from her. I can't ask her anymore questions.. wear her down to tell me why she is so caught up with Zaryn.. aside from him being next Alpha" his words came out muffled from his face being in my shoulder.

Pulling away, my eyes met his. "Maybe that's the only reason Nic. Because he is an alpha. Did alpha Blake order you not to talk to her?"

A sly smirk pulled up at the corner of his mouth as everything clicked. "Well... no he didnt."

I grinned. "Which means that... you can do what you want." My smile fell when I actually thought about it.. "Nic. What is your goal out of all this? Do you want all of this to go away so you can be with her? Even if there are some dark secrets she is keeping?"

Eyes staring blankly into mine, "I don't know Nova. I dont know what I feel... i just know i want to see their union fall apart. I dont want her.. but i feel something when I catch her scent or see her. She's been tainted... I dont know if I could accept her. I just know i want the truth."

I nodded my head, giving him a tight smile. "Well, then i guess you will get your chance to talk to her. Get in her head."

I didn't know how i felt about that.. the woman that ruined my life... is mated to my brother.. If he wanted to be with her, i dont know if i could handle that. My stomach knotted up with the anxious feeling that Nic might actually want to be with her despite his words. I just hope he keeps his witts about him.

"Thanks sis. You know, to be so young... you do give good advice." He grinned down showing his perfect white teeth before kissing my forehead and disappearing up the stairs.

My stomach rumbled, wanting lunch but the thought of eating made me sick. I still had this letter in my pocket too. I needed to get it to its destination before dinner.. all these questions building up in my mind were stressing me out and eating a hole in my stomach.

Im slowly putting peices of the puzzle together... But i cant seem to think when im like this.

A knock at the door had me returning back to Earth, jumping out of my daze with anxious thoughts. A frown made its way onto my forehead as I went to open it. We weren't expecting anyone...

I opening the door, my eyes went wide when I saw who it was. I felt excitement as butterflies beat their wings against my stomach... my heart speeding up ready to jump out of my chest. Confused yet relieved and excited.

"Eden." I breathed

_________________________________
Wow!

So many things are happening all at once .. Grace seems like she is off her rocker but we shall see!

Maybe Nova needs to take a break from being detective in order to have some fun now that her old pal Eden is back!

Eden was mentioned only once in passing... in the first chapters

Guess we will find out about this Eden character!

Any speculations????

And who could be lying about what? Hmm? Conrad seems so sure.. but does he know his daughter well? Does anyone know Anyone that well anymore????

Ps: if any of you have an idea you want put in the story that i like, ill do a ch and dedicate it to you!

I think we need some different POVs and maybe a little sex..

Alright! What POV would you like to hear from?

And dont forget to VOTE!!!! follow me for updates on updates!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 193 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...
854K 30.7K 39
Highest ranking #14 as of 12/20/16 WARNING: This story is not all lovey dovey, it's raw, brutal, and is filled with plot holes, now don't comment and...
1.7M 49.6K 80
Artemis Terry, living in her father's pack- Emerald Guardians located on the edge of the Romanian border. Artemis was an Alpha's daughter and yet she...
10.1M 325K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...