Senior Year

By shipping_oncers

CaptainSwan fanfic Emma Swan is new to Storybrooke, and starting her Senior Year at the local high school. Be... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 - Part 1
Chapter 14 - Part 2
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33- Part 1
Chapter 33 - Part 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sequel - Growing Apart
Sequel is up!

Chapter 5

2.7K 130 15
By shipping_oncers

(Emma's POV)

It's now the Thursday of the second week of school. Graham and I got together yesterday to finish the school project, and we've gotten pretty close. It's not a crush exactly, but he is fun. Last night, once we were done the project he kissed me goodbye, which is exactly what I was hoping he would do.

I'm woken up, not to my alarm that I've snoozed 3 times, but to a text from Lily.

Em get up, I know ur still sleeping – L

How does she know? She knows me so well.

Then y are u waking me up? – E

Cause I'm a good best friend and don't want u to get detention w/ Mr. Jones – L

I groan, but know she's right. I need to get up.

Fine I'm up - E

Elsa and I maneuver around each other in the bathroom, we have it down to a science at this point. We are both ready, but just in time to run to the bus stop.

I meet up with Lily and Ruby in the hall, and we walk around the school, we still have 5 minutes.

"Graham told me you guys hung out last night," Ruby says.

"It wasn't anything really, he is a sweet talker though," I tell them.

"Aww," the both sigh cutely. I roll my eyes. I don't think Graham and I are going to turn into anything serious, but it's nice to see them so happy for me. The first bell rings, but we all just keep talking as we walk towards the class.

"So do you like him Em?" Lily asks.

"He's nice," I say simply.

"That's not what I meant and you know it, come on," she insists.

"All I know right now is that he has soft lips," I say remembering the feeling of his lips briefly on mine.

"I know right?" Ruby says. I turn to her in shock, but surprisingly not with jealousy. I guess I know that what Graham and I have is just fun, nothing serious.

"Oh we never went out or anything, just kissed, a while ago. He's just kind of a flirt."

"I know, and maybe it's for the best we stay that way. I'm not really good at relationships. Plus it's more fun this way," I say. The class bell rings, and we see the door starting to close in front of us. We run a few steps, and I stick my hand out to keep the door from closing, a pretty risky move actually. My hand could have gotten slammed! Thankfully he stops, opening it back up to see the three of us. He looks at me as we walk through the door, well more like glares.

"Pop quiz," he announces loudly, getting everyone's attention instantly. I look to Lily, whose seat is right across the small isle between the desks, and roll my eyes. She looks down awkwardly, and I can sense why because when I turn my head, Mr. Jones is towering in front of me, handing out the quizzes. Shit, did he see me?

"See me after class Miss Swan," he says to me while handing me a quiz. That would be a yes. I nod, but that doesn't seem to be enough for him, he just raises his eyebrow at me and waits.

"Yes sir," I say embarrassed. Everyone is looking at me now after being scolded by the teacher. Great start to the day Emma.

After the quiz, he handed out a worksheet. The quiz left about 20 minutes to work on the worksheet, and I talked to Lily for most of it. We did some of the work, but most of the sheet is blank when the bell rings. I start to get up, and gather my stuff, but then I hear;

"Sit," in a firm voice from the front of the class, and I remember that I have to stay after class. I stop packing my stuff, and stay in my seat as directed. Mr. Jones walks towards me, and sits on the desk of the person in front of me. He waits for everyone to leave the room before he speaks, just looking at me. How can someone be so attractive, yet so intimidating at the same time? "You weren't the finest student today Miss Swan. You haven't been coming to class early anymore, nearly late today." I look at the floor trying to avoid his eyes knowing that if I look into them, I could easily get lost in them.

"I know."

(Killian's POV)

She's not looking at me.

"Then you roll your eyes in my class, something I've already told you that you won't get away with here," I say. She still doesn't look up. No this won't do. "Look at me," I say in a quite commanding voice. She does as I asked. Her eyes are so beautiful, a blue/green, I'm not sure which just yet. "You then continued to chit chat with Lilian for the rest of the class."

"Why does that bother you so much?" She responds. I'm taken back. Is she testing me?

"I expect the things I assign to be completed, and priority, not small talk with your peers."

"Why can't I do both?" she asks, less timid each time she speaks.

"Because I don't think people your age can,"

"I can," she replies strongly.

"How about this Swan? You show me the paper from today, and if it's done I won't give you detention," I say standing up, gesturing for the paper. "Come on take out the paper," I instruct, because she's hesitating. She pulls the paper out of her binder, and hands it to me. It's mostly blank, as expected. "There's your answer Swan, see you in detention." I say handing her back the paper. She takes it from me, quite roughly, and leaves the class. Shit what am I going to do about her?

~ ~ ~

(Emma's POV)

Ugh what was that? I wasn't the only one talking, and certainly not the only person not finished the worksheet. He's singling me out, but why?

I met up with Lily in Creative Writing, and told her about what happened.

"I'm sorry Em," she says.

"Don't be, it's not your fault, it's mine,"

"How? You didn't even do anything," Lily said getting defensive of me. "And you should tell him that too!" she said getting riled up. The teacher gave us a look to quiet down.

"Shhh. And yeah ok," I scoff, "I'd rather not get detention every day for the whole semester."

"Well it's true Em, and if he was so mad about it why did he only give you detention? We walked in together, we were talking. I don't get it," she says writing a bit in her notebook as she spoke.

"Well he already kind of warned me about the eye roll thing, and the being late," I admit, and look down to my paper realizing that I'm starting to blush. Why am I blushing? Look how he's treating you Emma! Lily definitely notices the blushing.

"Wait, when?" she asks, "Do you mean on the first day?"

"Technically it was after the first day, it was after school."

"What? Why haven't I heard about this? You saw him outside of school. What was he like? I bet he was really weird."

"He wasn't, he was fine. We ran into each other at a gymnastics studio, he was his taking niece." I explain.

"So your story is that you walked by each other and he just happened to mention, out of the blue, not to roll your eyes in class? Come on Emma, you're leaving things out," she pesters. I roll my eyes without even realizing the irony to the conversation we are having. "Oh, I see. You totally rolled your eyes at him didn't you?"

"I might have," I tell her, my cheeks burning as I thought back on it. She smiles seeing me. "Can we talk about this later?" I ask.

"Yes, but then you're telling me everything,"

"There's nothing else to tell Lily."

~ ~ ~

At lunch Lily asks a couple more questions, but leaves it alone after that. I don't know why I am so nervous to tell her about it. It's not like anything happened, and it's not like anything is going to happen. It was still so uncomfortable to talk about. I'm glad she dropped it.

In Mr. J's class we watched a historical documentary about the war of 1812. Everyone pretty much slept, or scrolled through their phones all class. He told us that we would have a written assignment on the movie tomorrow, but that's what Wikipedia summaries are for.

"Phones away, I can see the screens," he warns the class, but no one seems worried.

I'm texting Lily when my phone is plucked out of my hand. I look up and see Mr. J holding not only my phone, but a handful of others too.

"Miss Lucas please walk theses down to the office?" Mr. J asks Ruby. She surprisingly wasn't on her phone, just trying to sleep. She stands up, and nods. Dammit now I don't even have my phone. This day just keeps getting better!  I lay my head down of the desk, and watch the documentary. It was just as boring as I thought it would be.

~ ~ ~

After last period, which I had with Elsa, I had to get to detention. I heard that he is even stricter about being on time for detention than his class.

"Hey I'm not going home right away ok," I tell Elsa while in the hallway. She looks at me strange.

"Why?"

"Detention, ok just tell Ingrid I'm studying with a friend."

"Ok sure, but you do the same for me if I need you to deal?" she asks with a smile, and her hand out for me to shake on it. I do.

"Deal, thanks, got to go," I say speed walking toward Mr. Jones' class. Ugh the next hour is going to suck.

I walk into the classroom, and so far it's empty except for Mr. Jones. Great... I sigh as I walk in, and take a seat in my normal seat near the back.

"No, over here Swan," he calls out, and pats the desk he's standing at. It's right in the front row, in front of his desk. Why does he want me there? I walk towards him, and sit down.  His eyes burn into me, but I look down at the desk.

A couple more students walk in within a few minutes, Mr. Jones closes the door behind them.

"I see the regulars are back today, Jack, Pat," he nods to them. I barely know either of them, but I know they are both seniors too. They walk to the back of the class, and sit beside each other. Pat puts his feet up on the desk in front of him. I wait for Mr. Jones to scold them. He walks to the back of the room, and holds his hand out, they hand him their phones. Without a word about getting his feet off the desk, or moving to the front Mr. Jones walks back up to me. He holds his hand out like he did for the guys. What was that? He's letting them get away with that, but I have to sit in the front row?!

"No phones in detention Swan, come on hand it over," Mr. Jones tells me.

"I don't have my phone," I say, still in a little shock over what I had just seen.

"Lying is bad form Swan," he keeps his hand out, waiting for the phone that I don't have.

"I'm not lying, I don't have it," I tell him. My phone is still at the office thanks to Mr. J. Having both the Jones on my ass at the same time really sucks.

"I saw your phone in your pocket this morning Emma," he insists. Wait, I keep my phone in my back pocket... he was totally checking out my ass. I knew his eyes were on me! I wonder if he knows mine are always on him. I know that I'm starting to blush a bit, but bring myself back to reality. It's not happening Emma.

"It's at the office," I say looking down to my fingers, and tapping them silently on the desk.

"Ah I see. My brother?" he asks. Just the way he says it I know there's a smirk on his face. When I look up, that's exactly what I see. I give him a cheeky smile back.

"Yup," I say popping the p. He raises his eyebrows as a reaction to that. Damn he's attractive.

"Let's get started with the worksheet yeah?" He says sitting down at the desk beside me. I look at him strangely. "You didn't think you'd get detention for my class, and just sit here mindlessly did you? No, that's for the big gits in the back. We're working."

"Yes sir," I groan getting my math sheets out.

Long chapter. The chapters in the story will be pretty long. Vote and comment 👍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 253 21
Amelia Reyes, a city girl who traveled from the life she left behind to start a new one but her car breaks down on the side of the road in rural Ariz...
1.1M 37.4K 63
π’π“π€π‘π†πˆπ‘π‹ ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 π–π‡πˆπ‚π‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
4.8K 86 9
Maci Carter a 15 year old freshman part tom boy and party girly girl loves to hanging out with her 3 best friends and their boyfriends. Maci has know...
572K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...