Beautiful Mistake | ✓

By Lexy_VLover

❝how would you feel if i told you i loved you? it's just something that i wanna do❞ When Violetta's parents'... More

• foreword •
• 1 •
• 2 •
• 3 •
• 4 •
• 5 •
• 6 •
• 7 •
• 8 •
• 9 •
• 10 •
• 11 •
• 12 •
• 13 •
• 14 •
• 15 •
• 16 •
• 17 •
• 18 •
• 19 •
• 20 •
• 21 •
• 22 •
• 24 •
• 25 •
• 26 •
• 27 •
• 28 •
• 29 •
• 30 •
• 31 •
• 32 •
• 33 •
• 34 •
• 35 •
• 36 •
• 37 •
• 38 •
• 39 •
• 40 •
• 41 •
• 42 •
• 43 •
• 44 •
• 45 •
• 46 •
• 47 •
• 48 •
• 49 •
• 50 •
• 51 •
• 52 •
• 53 •
• 54 •
• 55 •
• 56 •
• 57 •
• 58 •
• 59 •
• 60 •
• afterword •
• Part 2 • Diego •
• 2.1 •
• 2.2 •
• 2.3 •
• 2.4 •
• 2.5 •
• 2.6 •
• 2.7 •
• 2.8 •
• 2.9 •
• 2.10 •
• 2.11 •
• 2.12 •
• 2.13 •
• 2.14 •
• 2.15 •
• alternate ending 1 •
• alternate ending 2 •
• epilogue •
• afterword •

• 23 •

459 20 10
By Lexy_VLover

When I woke up, I was alone again. I hurriedly got out of bed, brushed my teeth, and ran to the living room. I let out a breath of relief when I see Diego sitting on the couch, one leg over the other tapping away on his phone. He laughed.

"Morning, what's up?" I ask him, gesturing to his phone.

"Camila and Marco parenting me," Diego chuckles.

The doorbell rings, and I walk over. I straighten my pyjamas before opening the door, the welcoming smile on my face vanished instantly.

Lara.

Why did she always seem to appear when I was in a good mood?

"Hi Lara," I say trying to be cheerful.

"Is Diego here?"

Alright then, we just won't be civil.

"I'm here," Diego says getting up.

Lara smiles, and pushes past me to get to Diego. I roll my eyes and close the door softly.

"Why are you here?" Diego asks, running a hand through his hair.

"I wanted to talk...alone," Lara motions to me. I put my hands in front of me in defence.

"Alright alright. I can see when I'm not wanted," I hiss.

Lara smiles in satisfaction. I headed for the kitchen when Diego spoke up.

"Actually, Lar, you and I will go talk in my room," Diego says hastily.

I bit my lip to stop myself from speaking. Why didn't he want to talk in the living room? Was it too close to me? Did he not want me to hear his confessions about how much he loved her.

I internally rolled my eyes. Diego Hernandez was too confusing for me, like a puzzle that I couldn't solve. I had tried very hard to at least try and figure out at least a twentieth of what went on in his stupid head.

Lara nodded, and she and Diego went further into the penthouse. So they're going to have a heart-to-heart.

I was a very curious person.

In fact, it was probably one of my worst traits.

So I stood there for a few seconds before deciding to eavesdrop. Obviously, Diego thought that I would never eavesdrop on his conversation. A few days ago during one of our very few civil conversations, Diego had called me a goody-two-shoes.

Which I objected to quite angrily but peacefully. Okay, violently. But of course, Diego was a rock that wouldn't budge so even through all my pushing and punching he didn't move.

Not an inch.

It was unbelievable!

I crept further. To my advantage the door was slightly open. I could see Diego and Lara. There was some space in between them, but Lara was slowly moving closer, almost unnoticeable.

"We've been here for a few minutes. Aren't you going to tell me why the hell you came here?" Diego asks annoyed.

"Where were you the past few nights? We both know you've never found anybody better than me," Lara asks, with a slight smirk on her face.

"Ha ha funny," Diego says sarcastically. "I've been busy, and besides maybe it's you missing me," Diego wonders and she scoffs.

Of course Lara and Diego we're seeing each other every night. The only reason he missed was because of. . .me. I suddenly felt self-conscious. Maybe Diego was using me just like he was using her.

And he said he said to his father that we could never actually be in love.

Oh my. Why did I have to waste my time thinking about him.

Suddenly, realisation crossed Lara's face. Lara's smirked widely at Diego.

"Oh Diego what did you do? Are you turning your little innocent fiancé into one of your play toys? Hah, I never thought you'd ever stoop that low. Is she good enough for you? Or do you prefer me?" Lara said, and my jaw dropped.

How did she figure that out? He barely said anything!

Diego said nothing which made Lara squeal. Lara moved closer to him, and he put his arm around her waist. They were about to kiss when I barged in. Diego moved away from her quickly. Though I wasn't sure if it was out of embarrassment or if he just didn't want me seeing.

"I just wanted to know if you were staying for breakfast," I say sweetly.

"Yes please," Lara spat.

I nod, and walk out.

"I really don't like her," I hear her say.

"Does it matter?" Diego asks, his tone had a hint of boredom.

Diego wasn't much of a talker. I would hate to go on a date with him, he would probably just hide behind the menu— but no he is not shy, he is using his phone because he's anti-social. And he would probably make me pay, unless his pride got in the way and plus he loves showing off his money.

He would probably order everything in the restaurant for the fun of it.

I shake my head, and go to the kitchen. I tried to not think about what they were doing in his bedroom but as you can I'm not doing very well. Diego consumed my thoughts recently.

I mean even insulting him in my head was still thinking about him.

I simply made eggs and toast, so sorry to Lara who may have wanted some extravagant breakfast. I'm not a professional. I call them, and a minute later they walk into the kitchen, there was barely a millimetre of distance between them.

I wanted to tell her to get her hands off my man, but I'm not sure how that would play out.

I wasn't sure if Diego had told her that we were a scam, or not. But if not than why did she come and throw herself all over Diego.

"The eggs are good babe," Diego comments.

"They're eggs," I shrug rolling my eyes.

"Can you not just take a compliment? Or is it not good enough for you? Your eggs are brilliant!" Diego tells me sarcastically.

"All I meant was don't flatter me. They are normal eggs with salt and pepper. Don't be dramatic Diego," I scowl.

Lara just watched the scene unfold before her eyes amused. I hated how satisfied she was with all of this. She probably thought that we would be getting a divorce a week after our marriage. Oh if only.

"Well I'm full. Thanks for the. . .food. Bye," Lara kisses Diego's cheeks and sends a stiff wave to me.

When I hear the door close, I finally let out a deep breath that I had been holding. I lean against the counter, and looked at Diego who continued eating the breakfast silently.

"So? Aren't you going to tell me what was so urgent that she had to pay a visit early in the morning?" I ask him crossing my arms over my chests.

"There's not much to say." Diego shrugs, before he look up smirking.

"Is my angel jealous? Aw it's okay. Don't be jealous," Diego pats –rather slaps– my cheek, and I pushed his arm away.

"Oh please. We both know whatever happens to us at night is just night. It means nothing," It took everything in me to say that.

And I really really wish it didn't.

Because this meant Diego was winning this battle. This imaginary battle we were fighting, or rather me. Who would fall in love first. And personally, I was veering too close to the edge for my approval, whereas Diego was very much still far away.

Diego wasn't easy to crack. And unfortunately I had zero experience in this department. Due to my lack of knowledge I couldn't tell if he liked me or wanted to stab me. There's a thin line between the two when it comes to him.

"Stop zoning out," Diego clicks his fingers in front of my face. I snap back into reality.

"I'm going to my room," I tell him, putting my dishes in the sink.

I'm about to walk out, when his hand wraps around my wrist, pulling me back to him. I groan. I really wish he didn't have to hold my wrist with such a strong grip. It's really starting to hurt. His lips were by my neck.

"You'd tell me if something was wrong right," Diego says, and I nod meekly.

I could hardly breathe. I hated that Diego had this affect on me. He knocked the breath out of me every time he touched me. Even a light brush made me shiver. I hated it almost as much as o hated him.

You'd have thought that after all the time we had been spending together. . .in the night would've brought us closer. Well you're wrong. Every time I thought we took a step forward, I realised we took another hundred steps back. Diego lets go of my hand in a sudden movement and I stumble.

"You couldn't have let go in a gentler way?" I ask him, massaging my wrist.

"Even if I did, we both know you're a klutz no matter what I do," Diego sneers.

"I fell a few times!" I argue and he shrugs.

"Aw, you're getting defensive," Diego teases.

I push him backwards, and because of the shock he actually fell. The chair was just a stool, so he started falling towards the floor. I shrieked and tried to grab his hand. But due to my lack of strength, Diego ended up pulling me down with him.

Diego landed with a grunt, whereas I landed with a small yelp. My hands were on Diego's -hard- chest, and he was breathing heavily. Diego arched an eyebrow and I smiled innocently.

"Sorry?" I say in a questioning tone.

"You are an idiot," Diego shakes his head, leaning his back lightly on the floor.

"Takes one to know one," I whisper, and he lets out a throaty chuckle.

His throaty laughs, were the best. It was when he was carefree, and I almost forgot that this was an arranged marriage. It was crazy what a laugh could do to to me.

"As much as I'm enjoying this position, could you please get off me. You really aren't that light. I'm sure I've told you this before," Diego groans, and I roll to the side next to him.

"If you want me to tell you everything, you have to do the same," I remind him.

"It's hard," Diego finally says.

"Can't be too hard. Trust me,"

Diego left ten minutes ago. I called Francesca and Leon to keep me busy. They were my best friends so who else would keep me entertained.

"Okay, repeat that last part please," Francesca says, and I blush.

Leon and Francesca leaned their bodies closer to mine. They even pulled their ears to show they were listening intently. I take a deep breath before I speak.

"We slept together. A few times. In like two days," I repeat.

They scream, shriek, squeal, and jump up. They start jumping on the bed, and I laugh watching my two childish best friends. They jump again, and land on the bed in a sitting position.

"So tell us all about it!" Leon demands.

"Is he as good in bed as everybody says?" Francesca asks.

"Was he gentle? I mean it was your first time,"

"Did he even know it was your first time?"

"Oh my god you gave him your first time! That is so romantic!"

"Well we both saw it coming,"

"The chemistry between you two is undeniable,"

"Okay now I definitely need the details! Details Violetta do you hear me! Every single thing!"

"Yeah, we don't mind,"

"Um I do," I interrupt their rally of shouts.

"What why? But it's your relationship! You two are going to fall in love soon! You have to tell us," Leon pouts.

"Are you kidding? We are never falling in love. He hates me too much. . .and I hate him too," I say, and they nod unconvinced.

Who was I kidding? I couldn't believe myself either. I mean I knew that I didn't like him, but I didn't hate him as much as I used to. I just dislike him now. Which is as big of a step forward as any other.

Francesca and Leon left a eleven pm, but Diego still wasn't back. So I was sitting on the couch, watching television. I surfed the channels looking for something nice to watch, already changed in pyjamas. But I soon found myself falling alseep.

When you're asleep, you lose track of time.

Diego came in, but my eyes were still shut. I wasn't asleep, I was very much awake, but I pretended. I felt my body getting lifted up bridal style. Diego entered my bedroom -I could tell by the smell of my soap and lotion which filled the room-.

Diego was some superhuman because he somehow made the bed without dropping me. He lay me down lightly, pulling the blanket up to my chin. He presses a kiss on my forehead, before walking out.

It was a kind thing for him to do this, but I just wondered why today he didn't put me in his bed.

Where we had been for the past few nights.

Something must have changed.

And it had to do with Lara.

<~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~>
Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! And tell me if you are enjoying the longer chapters, or if I should cut them down again? And I really don't know when the wedding chapter is coming! Hopefully it will be soon!

Sorry that it only came after two weeks! I feel really bad for making you wait so long but it took me two weeks to write one chapter! Stupid school! And, Happy Diwali! I am so excited! We're celebrating today instead of tomorrow bc of school! But anyhow, it's fine!

. Well, thank you for reading! I love you all very much! Thanks for reading 🙈 ! Sorry for any errors 💚

~Lexy 😈

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 5.4K 64
Fanfiction ~Jorge Blanco and Martina Stoessel~
89.5K 2.6K 45
(Based on the show "Violetta") Violetta can't help feeling bad after leaving Leon for Diego. She realizes she needs Leon more than ever. When Violet...
16.3K 265 30
Leon works in a company that is opposite Violetta' s company but violetta works with her brother Federico and Diego is the boss of them both and forb...
9K 423 28
❝and that's the thing about illicit affairs and clandestine meetings and longing stares. it's born from just one single glance but it dies and it die...