Palinoia

Door rebellious-royalty

I frowned. "If insanity is a mental illness then madness lies within us all. Think about it. We develop... Meer

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 7.5
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11: Nightmares
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Author's Note: What Next?

Chapter 30

12 0 0
Door rebellious-royalty

Sensation. Freedom. Power. Strength. Determination. Choices. And most importantly, fate.

Everything was white. I was surrounded by white.

It was so white that I almost thought I was turning blind.

Was this a dream?

I couldn't believe that everything was just white so I looked around. I was on a surface but it was also white. So it seemed as if I was floating on nothing.

"Where am I?" I thought.

I started walking. I could do that at least.

I kept walking. I had no idea where I was going either. Everything felt so strange to me. The more I walked, the more things grew faint.

I kept walking further until I saw a black area.

I assumed it was my way out so I started running. As I kept running, I noticed that the black room was incredibly far away.

The more I ran, the more it seemed that it was further away.

Actually. The room kept shifting back each time I tried to go near it.

I closed my eyes. I was trapped in this place. It didn't seem like I was going to escape.

Suddenly, I opened my eyes and sent a sharp glare towards the black area. I was going to leave whether it was the last thing I do.

I resumed my running. This time a voice in my head began to question my actions.

"Are you sure you want to leave? There will be no going back if you do."

I held no emotion on my face as I continued running.

No more second thoughts, no more turning back.

I ran into the dark room and everything surrounding it turning black also.

I soon felt something wet and warm on my hands

I stared down and saw the blood that had started to drip. Instead of trying to clean my hands dry, I began to rub the blood all over my face.

It was still fresh and so warm against my skin.

I started to chuckle. That chuckle soon turned into a full blown laugh and I stood there. Laughing my head off in the dark abyss and that's when I was certain that my new life was going to promise me something worth living for.

I stared at Peter's now dead body. One, two and three. I managed to kill three very important people in my life. Well, who had been in my life.

Yes. Everything that had happen was now in the past.

I had no moral code, nothing holding me back and the two people I cared about were no longer a setback for me. Nobody was tying me back, making me feel.

I no longer had to stare into Peter's innocent eyes and have mixed feelings. Regret was no longer in my books.

I was a new person. I single handily eliminated the first in command, Thomas Wilford. I got rid of Mari, the level three Demolisher with my charm. And Peter...

I also murdered my best friend clean off the earth.

The question that needed to be asked was: Why?

Why did I do all that? Well I finally had an answer. It was no longer a struggle to answer all the difficult question that used to run through my head.

You see, I've always lived my life struggling to find my purpose. As a child, I could never fit in well with other kids nor could I figure out what I wanted. Most children knew what they wanted. Whether it was from a parent or companions, they had no worries because they never lacked. I was the one who put stress on myself. I was a troubled six-year-old.

When I was thirteen, a growing teen, my life was even more confusing. My parents finally divorced after years of ongoing fighting and since then, they began to pay close attention to me. I didn't understand it. During the times they fought, sometimes they would forget that I was still present in the room next door. It made me wonder why they had become so secretive.

My high school years were no better. Sure, I had made a friend but the people I was surrounded by were always so happy with their life while I wasn't. I thought I was just being selfish so I kept my thoughts to myself.

The reason I applied to University because I thought it would make me feel normal. That was where I made mistakes.

I've always been trying to imitate and copy what others did just to see if it would have a drastic change in my life. I was trying to hide who I really was, what I really was.

Being forced to join TSN actually revealed the truth I had not seen before. And it was thanks to the war that I was able to see what had escaped my vision.

In the world we lived in, there was always going to be problems. And people needed to see those problems and understand that life is not some bed of roses that you can lie on and all your worries disappear.

The people of this world had been trying to sugar coat the reality of life with pretend happiness. Peter pretended to be happy because he couldn't see the reality of life so I had to show him.

He didn't believe me when I told him that there was madness inside of me. He also didn't accept my contradictory that everyone had madness.

In fact, I was actually the sanest person of all because I accepted my madness. I didn't try to push it down with a fake smile and follow the clones of this world who believed everything was normal. I accepted what was there and went through with it because my fate was locked there the whole time.

I just had to find the key.

Another reason I did what I had to do was because of another truth I had discovered.

The reason the war between humanity and Demolishers carried on was because humanity believed they were the victim of the war. They believed that it was the Demolishers who were the evil ones, the ones who were causing suffering and hardship.

They were wrong.

Little did they know that the very Demolishers that they despised were as much as a victim as they were. They weren't born Demolishers. It was the result of a human that made them the way they were. And because of humanity's downfall, it caused to resent humans and strike back. They were really just lonely inside and hurt. They were hurt because they were treated like monsters and they didn't deserve it.

They were both victims of the war. They couldn't see what I saw which also led them to endure such pain.

As I stood in between of Peter and Mari, I couldn't help but find the position quite fitting.

I wasn't the saviour of the world and I was no hero. I also wasn't a victim.

I wasn't the protagonist that everyone wanted. I wasn't the chosen one people needed.

I was still chosen for something. I was chosen to reign over this world has the antagonist people would one day come to fear. Because I knew the truth that would end everyone's suffering. Soon they would be begging for me to reveal the truth to them in a desperate cry.

Well it would take more than them to bow at my feet because as long as I was still standing, I would make sure to rid all the selfish people in the world who didn't want to accept themselves.

There was no one in this world I cared for so getting rid of people: both Demolisher and human, would be a walk in the park.

People would really know what fear was because of me.

It was time to make a change, to make a stand. Especially since I found the person.

I laughed as a thought came to my head.

This wasn't a real war but child's play. I was going to have to teach them that.

Showing no emotions at all, I uttered the very words that needed to be said before I started my journey.

"I am War."

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

6.6K 326 6
"Well, I didn't have much of a choice." ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ "We all have choices." "Yeah, well some choices are taken from you while others leave you w...
1.6M 24.5K 76
Love. As 'beautiful' as love can be it hurts and bleeds. If you're unlucky you may even love the very person you know you can't have. The best friend...
129 59 25
The world was peaceful for a long time and it was maintained that way because of one sacrifice of a large family. Harmony was prevalent, and peace se...