Revelations to an Alpha

By Harmless

Cathy is back. And so is the queen. And this time, it’s serious. No playing around anymore. It’s a game that... More

Chapter 1, Revelation: privacy is gone
Chapter 3, Revelation: no faith
Chapter 4, Revelation: two negatives
Chapter 5, Revelation: I could
Chapter 6, Revelation: I couldn't
Chapter 7 Revelation: I was bait
Chapter 8, Revelation: nothing at all
Chapter 9, Revelation: Love is a weird thing
Chapter 10, Revelation: everything pointed to me
Chapter 11, Revelation: You've already killed me
Chapter 12, Revelation: two children
Chapter 13, Revelation: she killed Tate.
Chapter 14, Revelation: plan.
Chapter 15, Revelation: dead ends
Chapter 16, Revelation: That's what I'm scared of
Chapter 17, Revelation: everything was remarkably fine
Chapter 18, Revelation: I deserved the blame
Chapter 19, Revelation: Welcome to the team
Chapter 20, Revelation: Cure... or... not?

Chapter 2, Revelation: I can't stop them

1.1K 68 4
By Harmless

{ a/n : hellooo again<3 So I had four chapters completed of this story when my computer decided to die. I lost that and all my plans, so yeah, I was super happy about that. Anyway, here's chapter two, a day late because I was lazy yesterday and still mourning the loss of my baba computer.

Also, the trailer is on the side of the first chapter, I'd love it if you watched it. Sorry, it's a little sloppy but we can all deal with that and there is a picture of the British virgin islands, who can find Necker and Eustatia Island first?<3 }

Chapter two, revelation: I can’t stop them

“What?!”

WHAT?!

Oh god, oh god.

We’re all going to die.

My first thoughts weren’t all too optimistic. No one replied as my voice echoed and then fell flat from the walls, I looked around in frustration. How did they let this happen?

“Well, not the islands. The island. She only knows about Necker.” Lupa pointed out, trying to ease my nerves.

“Because that’s any better.” I said sarcastically. The links between the islands were unbreakable, she wasn’t an idiot.

She scowled back at me. “Well, yes, it is.”

I closed my eyes and sighed. So we were all going to die, but my pack expected me to come up with some genius plan that would save the whole damn world.

“How?” I asked without moving, sharply instructing someone to tell me the truth.

“They picked up our signals.” Vinny said pathetically, I fluttered my eyes open and the rubbed my forehead. There wasn’t anything to do. We were going to die. She would attack by the end of the week.

“What are we going to do?” Phoenix looked at me, and I looked at Lucas. Lucas looked back at me, and I realised that it was all on me. He couldn’t do this.

It was my fault we were all here anyway. I nearly threw up, I had to grab my throat. I’d heard of being sick with guilt, but I’d never imagined it would be so literal.

“I…” I DON’T KNOW I wanted to scream at all their expectant faces. What did they want me to do?! I inhaled and turned to look at the door behind me. Maybe if I ran away they’d all stop staring at me with their big eyes that wanted more than I could give?

“Ou priority is keeping Eustatia safe.” Lucas said, placing his hand firmly on my back so I didn’t go anywhere. The empty, sick feeling in my stomach must be present in his too. Sometimes I enjoyed being connected to someone, so they knew everything you were feeling.

The room nodded, “So how do you think we can do that?” Nelly span on her chair and faced her computer, typing all sorts of things onto the screen. A bunch of pictures came up on her computer and then she looked back at me like it was meant to mean something.

“We break the links.” I said, in the dullest tone I could manage. They all acted so dependent on me and Lucas it was pathetic. We weren’t the only ones with brains.

The room stared at me blankly, and I nearly walked around and slapped every one of them.

The original Warvick pack were all sat in this room. The people who had come to save me from the queen. They were the ones playing hero, I had nothing to do with it.

But I did now, and it was my turn to play hero.

Then I looked to Lupa, who was the Alpha the last time we were in a situation like this. I saw Marrock in her eyes, the way he might’ve smiled at the pack and told them they were going to save their omega. I imagined the pack looking at him in the weirdest way, and the way he would’ve stood tall and persuaded them I was something useful.

As much as I hated being his personal punch-bag, I missed his authority. I missed his leadership. I missed following rules. I missed not having to make the rules. I missed having no pressure, and I missed being an omega.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, ridding myself of the past. I had to stop wondering off back there again, it wasn’t exactly the best thing to do.

“Call the whole population to a gathering tonight on Eustatia.” I said, and the room of confused faces just seemed to get worse. “I’ll tell everyone the plan, and then, when we return to Necker we will clear the connections and make no new ones.”

The room of frowns seemed to transfer into shock at the same time, like they’d planned their reaction all together. “What are you saying?” Fi said quietly in the back.

I softened my tone for her, and for her only, “The volunteers who return to Necker tonight will fight the queen, whenever she may come, and only when I say it is safe will we return to Eustatia.”

“What if you don’t live to say it’s safe?”

“Then you don’t return.”

As I stood in my little beach house I felt a sense of sorrow. I’d lived here for three years, sleeping in the bamboo bed, and prancing around the kitchen. I gulped down the memories and made my way through the house to the phone.

I stared at it for a while, and I knew it had to be done. I picked it up and dialled the number.

“Hello?” Answered Ronan, in his usually miserable tone. Things hadn’t gone well yet for him. So far, he’d found no cure for his immortality, and as his mate was growing, he was staying the same.

“Ronan.” I sighed, leaning against the wall and finding comfort in his voice, despite the last time I saw him was when he’d been trying to kill me.

“Cathy!” He replied, his voice a little lighter now, “To what do I owe the pleasure of your call?” He asked, and I smiled at his words. It was funny how he always managed to confuse me with the simplest sentences.

“Do you want the good news or the bad news first?” I asked, knowing all too well there wasn’t any good news.

“Oh dear.” He sighed, knowing exactly the same as me. I didn’t know how I managed to be so transparent through the phone, but he always seemed to figure out what I meant. “Go on, spill.”

“The queen knows about Necker.” I said slowly, trying to get used to the words on my lips. I’d have to repeat them to the population in a few hours. I heard Ronan’s sigh.

“Is everyone ok?” He seemed genuinely concerned. I almost felt tears in my eyes, because it always surprised me when Ronan played a part of the Warvick pack. He was the queen’s son.

But then again, I was her daughter too.

“Everyone’s fine. But I need you to promise me something.”

“Anything.”

“If I die, will you lead Eustatia.” The words seemed more logical in my head, but now they were out.

Ronan didn’t respond for a while. And I heard voices in the background, his mate and the girl who wasn’t quite against the queen.

“What about Necker?” He asked without agreeing.

“If I’m dead, Necker will be long gone, including the people fighting.” I said quickly, trying not to focus on the meaning, “But Eustatia is a peaceful place, they’re not fighting, they’re just living. You wouldn’t have to do much.” I wanted him to agree so much I was almost on my knees begging.

“Cathy-”

“You could still search for the cure, you’d just have to visit them a few times a year. They need a leader, Ronan. Please.”

He sighed again. “Will you promise me something too then?”

“Anything,” I said desperately.

“Promise me you won’t die.”

“I can’t do that!” I exclaimed down the phone, waving my hands, despite the fact he couldn’t see them. I paced back and forth around my hallway.

“Then I can’t promise anything either.”

“Ronan!”

“Cathy, I know you love your islands, and your little rebellion. But there are people on those islands relying on you. They love you like you love the islands. I love you like you love the islands. There is no way you can abandon them, not now. Not ever.” His words were heavy through the phone and I found myself sinking to floor.

“Ronan, you’re right. I love my islands. And if one of them is going down, I am inclined to go down with the ship. I will not watch as my soldiers fight to their deaths against something that has no mercy.” My words ended and silence fell down the line.

“Fine, I’ll be your damn leader. But promise me at least this,” I felt a small smile tug onto my lips. Eustatia had a future, even if Necker didn’t. “You’ll do everything you possible can to survive.”

“If it’ll make you feel better.” I agreed, “Fine.”

“Thank you.” He said softly down the phone.

“Ronan, I love you. Thank you.” I leant my head against the wall in relief. “Oh, and I need you to break your connections with Necker. And do not contact me until I contact you.”

“Ok.”

“Goodbye.” I said, carrying so much weight on my tongue the words were hardly audible.

“I’ll see you soon.”

I stood, stared at the phone again as I placed it down, and after another few seconds I picked it up again.

“Hello?” Chloe chirped. The normality she brought to my life was the only thing that kept me in reality.

“Chloe,” I smiled through the phone.

“Cathy!” She squealed, and then I heard her voice again, but muffled, “Laura, Georgie get over here!”

I laughed, remembering the trio of human friends I’d missed the most out of everything from my old life.

“You’re on loudspeaker,” Chloe informed me.

“Cathy!” Laura cheered through the phone.

“Hi,” Georgie said.

“Hi! Hi?!” Chloe exclaimed, “You haven’t seen this girl for three years and all you say is hi?!”

I laughed, imagining the scene evolving on the other end of the phone.

“Guys,” I said, but the bickering carried on at the end.

“What did you want me to say then?”

“I don’t know, more than hi!”

“Laura, come on, stick up for me here?”

“You’re on your own, lover-boy.”

Guys.” I snapped. I loved listening to their fights, but this time was different. This wasn’t just some how are you call. It was a I’m probably going to die soon call.

“Sorry.” They said in unison. Silence fell on the line and I felt a little guilty already, but that didn’t stop me.

“I didn’t call for no reason, I need you guys to know something.” No replies yet, still hanging off my every word. “The queen is going to attack one of my islands, and I need you to know not to contact the islands again. At least not until I contact you.”

“Attack?” Georgie asked down the phone, the war being more of his interest than the girls.

“Yes.”

“Will you be alright?” Laura asked sheepishly down the phone.

“I’ll be fine, just promise you won’t call.” I said quickly, hearing footsteps outside.

“We won’t, but Cathy-”

The front door opened and I saw Lucas’s figure entering.

“I have to go, bye guys.” I said urgently, slamming the phone down and hoping he hadn’t seen me.

As he strode forwards, the look in his eye told me he had. He raised his eyebrows to ask who I was calling, but I avoided the question.

I ducked down and unplugged the phone, throwing it in the bin to my right carelessly.

“Cathy…” Lucas sighed, stepping closer to me so I could avoid him. My eyes darted everywhere, looking for an excuse.

I’d promised I would stop calling home, and Ronan. He’d told me it’d do no good, and I guess he was right.

“I had to say goodbye, ok?” I pleaded with him not to lecture me again.

“I know.” He stepped even closer now and his arms folded around me. I found myself using his chest as a pillow, and he found my head as a place to rest his. For a moment we stayed there, entwined. But after I’d regained myself, he spoke again. “The original Warvick pack have all volunteered to stay on Necker Island.”

“No,” I gasped, about to argue when he stopped me.

“I tried to persuade Nelly and Fi to stay, but they wouldn’t have it. Everyone agreed as the founders they must have a part in fighting for the island.”

“But Eustatia needs someone!”

“Cathy, there are enough people there to find at least one person capable of reassuring them.”

“So you agree with them?” I asked, surprised he wanted to send his pack to their deaths.

“No!” He held my shoulders and stood back to look at my face, “Look Cathy, they are entitled to do what they want, and if they want to fight for their island, they can.”

“No!” I cried pulling away from him, feeling nothing but anger. How could he let them all die? Someone had to stay! “I am their Alpha, and if I say they can’t stay then they won’t.” I gritted my teeth, knowing I had some power over them.

“That’s not how it works!” Lucas replied, grabbing my shoulders again and forcing me to look at him. Although he was shouting, his eyes were pitying and soft. I let out a straggled noise, trying to keep my tears back.

He pulled me to his chest again.

No one had to say anything else, but we both knew that I couldn’t stop my pack from fighting. And that killed me.

Not only was Necker Island going to die, my remaining pack were going to too. And I didn’t realise how much I actually cared about them until now. I cared about them a hell of a lot more than I should’ve.

{ a/n : hi hi hi! how was that? it was a tad long wasn't it? Or do you like longer chapters? Are you worried for Cathy or Ronan or everyone or or or, tell me what you think in a comment, even if it's a one word comment! Come on, it'll only take two seconds<3 Anyway, thanks for reading, I love youu see you next saterday! }

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 7.1K 52
Book 2 in the Rootbridge Pack series. You DON'T need to have read book 1 in order to enjoy this. You'll find a plot summary for An Alpha's Alpha (Boo...
92.7K 3.1K 25
***BOOK 2 OF HIS AND HIS ONLY SERIES*** "Who are you?" I seethed glaring into his auburn eyes. "I think you've caused enough ruckus on my Land." He...
96.1K 3.1K 51
Rosalie Brookwood , Queen of all wolves and magical creatures Born in the Medieval time era . Half Werewolf ,Half Vampire. Her mother died in a ro...
219K 7.4K 49
"Who are you?" She stopped just when her hand made contact with the door knob. "Alpha Isabel Martinez" she replied in a voice that wasn't hers. Dylan...