Darker Blood

By ImogenScott5

Highest rating (06/01/2016) - #920 in FanFiction Massive thankyou to Radiant3 for this cover, I could never h... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
My message to u
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
My message to u part 2
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
My message to u part 3
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
My message to u part 4
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty-one
Chapter twenty-two
My message to u part 5
Chapter twenty-three
Chapter twenty-four
Chapter twenty-five
Chapter twenty-six
Chapter twenty-seven
Chapter twenty-eight
Chapter twenty-nine
Chapter thirty
Chapter thirty-one
Chapter thirty-two
Chapter thirty-three
My message to u part 6
Chapter thirty-four
Chapter thirty-five
Chapter thirty-six
Chapter thirty-seven
Chapter thirty-eight
Chapter thirty-nine
Chapter forty
My message to u part 7
Chapter forty-one
Chapter forty-two
Chapter forty-three
Chapter forty-four
Chapter forty-five
Chapter forty-six
Chapter forty-seven
Chapter forty-eight
A message to you all
Chapter forty-nine
Chapter fifty
My message to you part 8
Chapter fifty-one
Chapter fifty-two
My message to u part 9
Chapter fifty-three
Chapter fifty-four
Chapter fifty-five
Chapter fifty-six
Chapter fifty-seven
Chapter fifty-eight
My message to u part 10
Chapter fifty-nine
Chapter sixty
Chapter sixty-one
Chapter sixty-two
Chapter sixty-three
Chapter sixty-four
Chapter sixty-five
Chapter sixty-six
My message to u part 11
Chapter sixty-eight
Chapter sixty-nine
Chapter seventy
Chapter seventy-one
Chapter seventy-two
Chapter seventy-three
Chapter seventy-four
Chapter seventy-five
Chapter seventy-six
My message to u part 12

Chapter sixty-seven

1.3K 48 2
By ImogenScott5

Inori pov~

The nibbling of Jungkook's teeth against the skin of my neck startled me awake, and I would have probably flown into shock if it weren't for his reassuring hands holding me tight. I breathed out in relief, clenching and unclenching my fists as a tingle ran through my wrists in memory of Xierro's devilish binds.

"You're safe, love."

I frowned, trying to angle my head towards his face as his hands held tighter, claws starting to dig into skin. That doesn't sound exactly like Jungkook.

"Go back to sleep."

His tone was cold and devoid of love, and the sound only made me more worried, desperate to see his face. A sinking feeling settled in my stomach, and I almost sobbed at the mental realization that something wasn't right.

His claws started to really dig into my skin and I whimpered for him to stop, the burning melting through the thin frost layer hiding just under my skin, and I could feel myself start to bleed.

"Jungkook, please let go-"

Instead of speaking, he dug his nails in harder and I whimpered under him, all the strength in my body proving useless against his supernatural hold. In a moment of panic, I let out a frustrated cry, using my own ice to sting into his fingers, and his hold finally retracted while he cursed in a gravelly voice, a tone I've never heard him use before.

I took advantage of the freedom and spun around on the bed, looking up at what I thought was my boyfriend.

His hair was fading from black, turning into a bright red like fire itself, angry snarl on his face as he looked at his claws, the fire from within him slowly expelling the ice I'd pushed into him.

But Jungkook isn't born from fire.

His face morphed into the demon's and I screamed, frozen on the sheets. This was it, it was all over, I was fucked.

Just as Xierro reached down to grab me back into her grip, a strong pair of arms caught me from underneath, pulling me through the bed like a ghost, taking me away from the dream and into reality.

He held me tight, rocking ever so slightly, arms wrapped around my stomach, forehead pressed to the back of my head. I was on my side, and when I opened my eyes, the screaming finally stopped as did the vision that felt more real than reality itself. I felt emotions there like I hadn't for a while here, which only prompted me back into panic.

"Sh, it's okay."

His voice was exactly like it should be, comforting and warm despite the winter permanently etched into his soul. I stayed completely still, thinking about what just happened.

"I took the dream away, it's over."

I turned to face him and he let me, bright green eyes scanning my still face for something behind an injury on skin.

I wanted to start crying, to curl into a ball in the corner until I learnt how to deal with everything, but I couldn't even bring the thought into my head. It was as if I'd used up too much feeling, and my emotions now weren't charged enough to perform any acts like that. So, instead of nuzzling into the real Jungkook for comfort, I stayed exactly where I was, face blank and unblinking as the emptiness within me seemed to consume everything, every thought and feeling until I felt like I couldn't move anymore.

"What did they do to you in that place?" He murmured, lips brushing against mine and I tilted away, panic starting to wash over me again.

What if this was all just the dream, and Xierro still had me?

As soon as I moved away, he tried to pull me closer in reassurance but I only panicked more.

"It's okay, you're safe, love."

My anxiety shot through the roof as my ears washed over, unable to let any more sound through and I tried to wriggle away from his insistent hold, but he wouldn't budge. I lost control, my cry breaking through the wall of silence as I felt an intense burst of ice leave my body, and Jungkook's body vanished from beside me.

After a moment, I looked at what I had done. I looked at him as he rose from the ground, frost stinging into the skin of his face and down his neck, his skin contorting over and over as it tried to heal the damage I had done. I curled into a ball on the bed, looking through terrified eyes as he picked himself up from the ground, already reaching out to comfort me once again.

"Don't touch me," I sobbed, holding my knees tighter, burying my head into the shame my own body could provide.

He panted, the ice finally disappearing from his face, skin coming back even more flawless than before, the freezer burns vanishing from his neck and down his chest almost instantly.

"Why?"

He was hurt, sounding weak by his voice alone. I felt something in my chest, a painful twinge that made me want to apologize, to accept him again, and to stay close to him again.

But I can't do that. I can't have him. I was a weapon, and I could kill the boy I loved.

What's even worse, is the thought that I might not feel anything after I did. No sorrow, no regret, no loss. It was that mere thought that kept me anchored in place, refusing to answer him or let him close to me again.

"Inori," he started again, slowly stepping towards me. "You are not a weapon. You're just the girl I love."

"You're not real," I cried. "This is the dream, this is why I can't feel things right anymore."

"Inori, you're coping with a lot right now, but I promise this is real."

I couldn't even say that I hated exactly how I feel right at that moment, because I couldn't feel anything. All there was, was this disconnection that distanced me unexplainably from the whole world, even from Jungkook. The sobs that tumbled from my lips were from the pity I had for myself, the tears surely as cold as my heart.

What on earth is wrong with me?

He was sitting on the side of the bed now, right beside me but not touching me in any way, and his presence was enough to offer a ray of light through the darkness in my mind.

"Do you want to hurt yourself again?"

I thought hard over everything about the way he had asked me that question, the tone that was quiet and prying at my deepest insecurities, the words themselves that stabbed deeper than any knife could. And after an even longer moment, I nodded, and he stayed silent.

'Depression.'

"So," I laughed purely out of bitterness. "This is what depression is like."

Jungkook's lips sealed shut tight. "I never said that-"

"You didn't have to." I unwrapped one of my arms from the death grip around my legs, tapping it against the side of my temple a couple times. "I could hear it, what you were thinking."

Hearing thoughts is new, which means I'm only falling deeper into the endless crevice of my own demise. The boy beside me didn't speak or think anything else, trying to provide silent comfort with worried eyes and broad shoulders open and waiting for my hold.

"I just want to feel something again. I want to stop feeling so far away."

He waited for a moment before his hand held the side of my cheek and I let him, the cold blending with my own skin now. His eyes were searching for something in my face, and my hold around my legs slackened as I started to relax in front of him.

"Are you going to go flying off into space on me, love?"

I half smiled against his lips, leaning my head down slightly so that his hand rested more comfortably in my hair. I stayed silent deliberately, waiting for him to clarify as his own smile brushed against my lips.

"I'll have to be the rocket that pulls you back down, won't I?"

The only answer I had for him was the press of my lips against his as I kissed him gently, my movements becoming feverish in desperation for more.

The boy who had taken away my pain, even if it was only for a few moments, gave me one last loving peck before he pulled away, uttering a delicate 'I'll be back in a minute with food'.

"I love you," I spoke out after him and he froze for a second in the doorway, instinctively turning around to face me before he stopped himself, looking back as far as the floor beside his feet with the biggest smile I've seen him wear for a while.

"I love you more than a book loves a library, more than a bird loves to sing, and more than the stars love the sky."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 91 24
Taehyung Vampire Fanfiction 🧛 COMPLETED ✅ My eyes bulged out of their sockets. My mouth opened wide. My throat became dry. My breathing stopped. My...
192K 6.8K 35
vam·pire \ˈvam-ˌpī(-ə)r\ noun : a dead person who leaves the grave at night to bite and suck the blood of living people 「...」 I hugged my knees even...
7.3K 347 20
"What?" He replied back quite harshly. "Who is she?" I asked calmly. He didn't reply and kept on walking. "What is she doing here?" I asked, this t...
410K 16K 53
[COMPLETED] "Who is he?" I asked Ji Eun as I eyed at him. "He's Jungkook. He's really mysterious, don't go near him. Some girls even came back actin...