Speak-Adopted by 5sos

SmileyxLuke tarafından

In which an ordinary girl, finds her voice in an extraordinary way. Daha Fazla

Chapter 1 (Ella's Story)
Chapter 2 (First Day)
Chapter 3 (New Hair)
Chapter 4 (I think im falling for you)
Chapter 5 (Confused Ashton)
Chapter 6 (Bonding with Bryana)
Chapter 7 (Expressing Feelings)
Chapter 8 (Accident)
Chapter 9 (In Between)
Chapter 10 (Hospital)
Chapter 11 (Girlfriend?)
Chapter 12 (Arzaylea)
IMPORTANT!!
Chapter 13 (gone girl)
Chapter 14 (Found)
Chapter 15 (Almost Kiss)
SORRY
Chapter 16 (Amnesia?)
Chapter 17 (Pizza)
Chapter 18 (Home Alone)
Chapter 19 (Moving Out?)
Chapter 21 (First Day of School)
Chapter 22 (Bad Boy)
Chapter 23 (Bye Bye Luke)
Chapter 24 (Concert Day pt. 1)
Chapter 25 (Concert Day pt. 2)
Chapter 26 (Stuck)
Chapter 27 (Sounds Good, Feels Good)
Chapter 28 (Normal...ish)
Chapter 29 (Rumor has it)
Chapter 30 (Choir Class)
Chapter 31 (Caleb and Pizza)
Chapter 32 (Hair Change)
Q&A (Answers to your questions)
Chapter 33 (Spoken)
HEY PRINCESS IS UP!
Sequel?
Sequel is up

Chapter 20 (Masquerade)

3K 105 22
SmileyxLuke tarafından

Pictured at the top is Ella's outfit for the masquerade. I'm sorry if you don't like it, I'm not like a fashion designer here.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
E L L A

Bryana had finally explained the entire Arzaylea situation. Honestly I just want her out of our lives.

Tonight we have to go to a huge gala type thing. It's supposed to be very fancy and we've been informed to act with our best manners.

It's only two hours away and I haven't even picked what I'm wearing. As I said, it's very fancy so I have to look really nice. The theme of the gala is a masquerade.

Bryana had already bought me a mask but I still needed a dress to go with it.

"Ella!" I heard Bryana shout up the stairs.

I got up and walked out of my room. I looked over the top of the stairs to see Bryana with a long white bag and a big grin.

I shook my head, a smile forming on my lips as I walked down the stairs.

"Look what I've bought for you too wear at the gala!" She said excitedly.

The pulled the zipper down the bag to reveal a beautiful white dress. The skirt was flared out and the back had bows on it.

I stood in awe as I looked at the dress in front of me. She set the dress down and pulled out a pair of red heels. The outfit matched my mask perfectly.

My mask was white with red jewels. I was completely in love.

I hugged Bryana really tight and grabbed the dress and shoes and went to get ready.

I put the dress on first. I had covered my full mirror with a sheet because I didn't want to see myself, well at least my entire self, until the look was done.

Once the dress was on I curled my hair and did my makeup. The makeup wasn't anything special considering there would be a mask covering half of my face. I put mascara on and red lipstick.

I slipped on the red heels and put the mask on. I pulled the sheet away from the mirror as u stood looking at myself.

The dress rested mid-thigh and the heels went up to my ankles. My curled hair cascaded down my back and my red lips stood out against my skin.

In that moment I felt beautiful. I didn't feel insecure.

This was a moment to remember.

-------------------

I adjusted my mask once more before walking down the stairs. As my heel clicked onto the first step, all heads turned towards me.

Michael wolf-whistled in a joking manner, while Calum yelled in a high pitched tone.
I started blushing and giggling when they started doing this.

On the last step, Ashton took my hand as I stepped down.

"M'lady" he said chuckling while I smiled at him.

But the real star of the show was a Bryana when she started down the stairs.

She had a gorgeous blue, frilly dress on that got longer in the back. She had a gold mask and a pair of heels that matched.

I watched Ashton grin as she made her way down the staircase. When she got to Ashton, he twirled her and dipped her down, planting a kiss on her cheek as she giggled.

Luke wasn't downstairs. Ashton had informed me that Luke and Arzaylea would be meeting us at the gala.

Ashton grabbed Bryana's hand delicately as he led her out the front door. I linked arms with Calum and Michael as we skipped behind them.

-------------

The cab ride was certainly enjoyable as jokes were thrown around. When we finally arrived, I looked out the window to see a very tall and luxurious looking building. When we got out, we were guided to a huge room by the door man.

The room was bustling with music and laughter. Some people were seated at tables, with delicious food in front of them. Others were on the dance floor. But everyone had masks and fancy attire. At least I didn't feel out of place.

We were lead to a table with place cards that had everyone's names on them. Luke and Arzaylea's seats were yet to be filled while everyone sat down where their card was. I was sat between Bryana and Michael.

We were served a salad first. Usually salads were pretty bland, but this one was surprisingly tasty. Luke and Arzaylea arrived shortly after the salads were placed in front of us.

Arzaylea was dressed in a emerald cocktail dress with black heals and a black masquerade mask. She didn't actually look that bad, but it didn't change the fact that I wasn't too sure about her.

She was sat next to Luke, and the entire dinner portion, all she did was whisper things into Luke's ears and grab his hand while simultaneously twirling her hair with her fingertips.

Eventually when we were finished eating, it was time to move to the dance floor. Everyone had found a dance partner. Except for me.

I sat alone at the table, aimlessly playing with the fabric, until a slow song came on. I puffed out some air, knowing if be here for some time.

All of a sudden, someone cleared their throat. I looked up to see a boy with fluffy brown hair, dressed in a nice suit.

"May I have this dance?" He asked holding out his hand to me.

I smiled and nodded, taking his hand. We walked to the dance floor, hand in hand. I placed the arm that wasn't holding his hand on his shoulder, as he placed his hand on my waist. We slowly started dancing.

I melted into his touch as we glided around the dance floor. He spun me around and picked me up a few times.

The song ended and we were looking at each other intently. He leaned in and gave me a quick kiss, before looking down at his watch.

"I-I'm sorry, but I have to be leaving." He said quickly as I felt his grasp loosen.

I hadn't caught his name, so I weaved in and out of the people, trying desperately to catch up to him. I ran into Michael instead.

"Whoa! Slow down there Speedy Gonzales." He chuckled.

I peeked over his shoulder just in time to see the boy disappear through the exit. I heavily sighed and trotted my way over back to the table, waiting for this night to be over.

As I started thinking about it, it kind of felt like a twisted Cinderella scene. Except it wasn't a girl. And it's 10 at night not midnight.

--------------------

I had been texting back and forth with Caleb a lot lately. We had made plans to meet with each other next week.

I was currently sat on the couch, anxiously waiting for the boys to get back from their meeting. This was it. The final decision was made today about whether or not Luke would be living with us.

The front door opened and I jumped up from my spot to see the boys walked in with glum expressions. But there were only three boys. No Luke.

They all sighed and looked at me.

"Well," Calum started, shaking his head.

"We're stuck with him" Michael finished.

Luke then skipped into the house, a wide grin on his face. Everyone else broke into big smiles and laughter at Michaels comment.

"But this also means the tour got pushed back. This also means Ella starts school in the fall and goes for the entire year." Ashton said.

I scowled at the thought of having to go the full year. I would have preferred that Bryana tutor me.

"Hey dude, I'm sorry you have to go to school but you still have a month right?" Michael said, clapping me on the shoulder.

I nodded and grinned at the prospect of one more month free from my personal hell.

So you might be thinking that the reason I absolutely despise school is because of the boring lessons or the endless homework. But really, it was just another place for me to be made fun of for not talking.

I was always the one that had to write down an answer on a sheet of paper and hold it up to the class in order to answer a simple question. I never had any friends because it's not like I actually talk to people. And to top things off, everyone, including the teachers, think I'm some sort of alien freak.

I guess I don't blame them. Being mute isn't exactly a cup of tea, but at least try and be nice.

It's not like I don't want to talk. It's just that I have this constant knot in my stomach when I think of what happened when I used to talk. It scares me. I hate being so awkward and anxious around everyone I meet just because of my past.

I want to get better, but I don't know if I ever will.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Helllloooo! Yes I know this is kind of late and probably not as long as you would have liked, but I'm trying to get some chapters posted. Also please don't go and point out all of my spelling mistakes, I know it's crappy but I didn't have time to revise it.

So yah, sorry.

Anyways I hope you're enjoying your week:)

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

492K 7.9K 80
In which a boy dreams about a girl he's sure he's never seen before
199K 11.9K 19
; the one where calum is mute but michael loves him nonetheless.
411K 7.6K 53
It was one night that decided their entire future without them even realising it. • "But where is he?" "He's away saving lives babygirl,"
325K 5.6K 35
She'd dealt with it before- everyday in fact. The words were thrown around as much as the beer bottles. But no one could know. She told people she...