My Aching Heart

By chpyyy

Adeline Fay is the daughter of an Alpha. She doesn't know a thing about her father. So Chris, her mate, walks... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue

Chapter 25

3.6K 27 3
By chpyyy

Vote&Comment&Fan! : ) 

Chapter 25 

 After our meal, we decided to check into the Hotel Danieli. Luckily for us, Jonah knew Spanish like his first language. We checked into the hotel and got into the suite the receptionist gave us. "Phew! I'm so tired!" I said, plopping down on the large king-sized bed. "Oh, who takes this bed? Three people can fit, I think," Rach said, frowning, wondering about something. 

     "Hm... you and Jonah can have it," I said. "Me and Chris can take the couch. Or do you want the bed?" I asked Chris. 

     "Sure. I'll sleep with you on the couch. No biggie. But where are Maria and Josh going to sleep?" Chris asked. 

     "The floor," Jonah replied, earning a punch on the shoulder from Josh. "Good question. Oh! I know!" Maria said, and got down on the carpet floor. She pulled out an extra mattress from underneath the bed. I frowned. 

     "How did you know it was there?" I asked. 

     "I didn't," she shrugged. "I just guessed. Most hotels have extra mattresses under the beds."

     "I think it's kind of creepy. What if someone was murdered under there?" Rach asked, wide-eyed. I laughed. "Nonsense," I said, and rolled my eyes. "Alright. It's now in the evening. Wanna go have dinner? Or something?" I asked, checking the clock beside the bed. "It's already 7.30pm! Gosh, time sure flies!" I said. 

     "Yes, now I'm hungry. And I need a workout now," Chris grumbled, and Jonah and Josh nodded along.

     "Alright, let's go eat," I suggested. 

     We went down to the lobby, and spotted a small cafe there. Well, we nearly gobbled everything down in a minute. Well, the guys did. The girls remained spotless and clean. I laughed when Jake's nose had whipped cream. Rach rolled her eyes and said that Jake was a pig.

     "Hold your horses!" I said, and Jake widened his eyes for awhile. "Where is the bathroom?" I asked, and Jake heaved a sigh of relief. What was wrong with him? Was he like, sick or something? Or maybe he's hiding something.... nah. 

     "I think it's that way! I need to go too!" Maria said, and Rach led them back to the hotel room. 

     "I think Jake is acting weird lately," I said, and Maria looked at me, while fixing her hair in the mirror. "Why do you say so?" She asked. 

     "Because he's been acting all alert, and I don't know... weird lately. Maybe it's his time of month...?" I said, and we both burst out laughing. 

     "Right. Or maybe he's actually a girl in disguise!" Maria gasped. 

     "Or maybe it's someone from our pack and secretly telling our pack where we are!" I said, becoming paranoid. What if he really did tell my dad and mom where we're staying at? What if we were found? 

     Or worse... what if Chris and I cannot be together ever again? 

     "Hey, Adeline? Chill," Maria said, petting my shoulder. 

     "Okay, I'm chilling," I said. 

     "Don't worry, no one will find us," Maria said. 

     "How would you know?" I asked skeptically. 

     "Because if someone in our group would have already told our pack, they would have aleady found us," Maria said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

     "Maya was arranged to marry Chris," I sighed. 

     Maria almost ripped her hair off her head when she heard that sentence. "Say what now?!" She exclaimed. 

     I shook my head in amusement. "Shh. People can hear us. And I said that Maya was arranged to marry Chris," I said. 

     "Right," Maria snorted. 

     "I'm serious!" I protested. 

     "And pigs fly." 

     "Pigs walk..." 

     "And what's your point?" She retorted. 

     "Acutally, I think pigs - " I was interrupted a loud crash. "What was that?" I asked, widening my eyes. I opened the bathroom door, and held up my hand while I checked for the crash. Nothing. Everything was clean. Nothing - 

     "AH!" Maria screamed loudly, her ear-piercing shriek filling the bathroom with echoes. 

     I quickly turned around, and she was pointing in front of me. 

     I sucked in a breath, and slowly turned around. 

     "Oh my god? What the hell are you doing, Chris?" I asked. 

     "Oh! Adeline! Maria! Hello!" Chris grinned at us sheepishly, and Jonah and Josh poked their heads out of Chris's back. 

     "What are you guys doing?" Maria demanded. 

     "And why are you dressed up in a bear suit?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

     Standing tall and mighty, were three guys who looked embarrassed right now. "Well, we wanted to scare you," Chris said in a small voice, sounding like a child.

     I laughed. "Well you succeeded in scaring Maria! You heard her scream, didn't you, Josh? I bet she screamed louder just now, in the bathroom, than during your se - !" My mouth was covered by Maria's hand, and she glared at me. 

     "Than during our what, Adeline?" Maria asked lowly, glaring playfully at me. 

     "During your... time in the bedroom," I choked out, and Jonah and Chris started laughing uncontrollably. 

     "Hey! There you guys are!" Rach called out, and ran towards us. 

     "Rach! Hey! Long time no see. Well, not since the bear attack, actually," I said, and she rolled her eyes. 

     "I tried to talk them out of it, but they wouldn't budge. Jonah, you should've backed me up on this," she frowned at him, and Jonah smiled at her nervously. "Well, I didn't see the harm on scaring them," he said. 

     "She almost fainted," I pointed out, and Rach glared at him.

     "Lies!" Chris objected.

     "Whatever," I snorted.

      Josh and Maria shared a knowing look with each other, obviously having a communication running through their own minds. 

     "Chris, why did you think you guys needed to scare us?" I asked. 

     "Because it's fun," he shrugged. 

     I rolled my eyes. He's such a child at times. 

     Josh and Jonah both laughed. 

     Wait a minute... Josh, Jonah and Chris... "Uh, guys? Where is Jake?" I asked. 

     Everyone stopped and looked around.

     "No clue," everyone said in unison.

     "Well, find him!" I said, and everyone scattered around outside. I left the bathroom, with Chris behind me. What we saw at first made Chris look shocked, then amused, then he looked angry. 

     "What the hell?!" Chris said through gritted teeth. 

     I, on the other hand, was kind of surprised, then angry as well. 

     "Jake, what the hell are you doing with Maya?!" I shouted. 

     Jake pulled away from Maya, and looked like he was a deer caught in the headlights. "Gross! You two were making out?!" Rach's voice sounded from behind me. 

     "Exactly. What are you doing here, Maya?" I asked coldly. 

     "I - I'm sorry for intruding but - " Maya got stopped by Jake. "She's my mate, guys," he said. 

     "WHAT?!" Everyone yelled. 

     "And why did you decide to tell her where we stayed? I thought I could trust you, Jake!" I yelled, and Chris wrapped his arms around me comfortingly. 

     "I'm sorry, but... I needed her," Jake explained. 

     "What the hell? Couldn't you just do without her for a few more days till we found an apartment?! I mean, what if she told everyone where we are?" I demanded from Jake, who was looking at the ground.

     He snapped his head up almost instantly, and the look from his eyes gave me the impression that he was angry. Really angry. Livid, even.

     "You think I wanted this? You think I wanted to make her come here? I didn't ask her to come here! She followed us! Yeah, make sure you hide your scent well enough next time before you leave a place. Judging from the trail we left behind, it's no surprise that your dad and mom will be able to find us! And I didn't even want to follow you! I only followed you because I thought that you needed help. This is useless. You're useless!" Jake snarled.

     Chris scowled at him. "Don't you dare talk to her like that," he snapped.

     "Everyone! Just shut up!" I exclaimed. You're useless... you're useless... 

     Those painful words kept echoing in my mind slowly, as if I was being punished for something I didn't do. I'm useless. 

     Jake's eyes softened at me when he saw how upset I was. 

     "Della... I'm sorry. It didn't mean to come out that way," he said, trying to reach out to me. Chris snarled at him, and blocked him from touching me. 

     "Don't touch her," he said slowly, and pushed me behind him. 

     "Just stop," Rach said, and led Jake away with the rest. Maria smiled reassuringly at me. I smiled back weakly. "It's okay, Adeline. It's okay. He didn't mean those words," Chris soothed, his soft and gentle words making me smile. 

     "No, it's not going to be okay, Chris. Nothing will ever be the same again," I said, and he shook his head. "That's when you're wrong, babe. Everything will be same again, if you just choose to embrace the beauty of it," he said. 

     "But Jake is right. I've been too careless about about our trail. I'm useless," I said, my voice hoarse, and sad. 

     "What if they are already on their way here? Going to get us back? Then we'll never be together, and - " I got cut off by his lips crashing down on mine. The kiss was slow and passionate. It sent delightful tingles down my spine. I shivered when he entwined his fingers with mine. He pushed me gently back against the wall, and locked his hands with mine. His other hand on my cheek, and trailed down to my waist. 

     "We will be together. No matter what," he said, and I smiled. 

     "But what if - " Again, I was interrupted by him. 

     "No what if's. Don't be stubborn. Now come on, you're not useless. People say stupid things when they're angry," Chris said, attempting to soothe me. 

     "Yeah, you're right," I said in order to let him not worry about me. 

     He looked at me blankly. He didn't believe that I was okay. 

     "Okay, fine. It still bugs me that he said that I was useless, okay?" I said, and he sighed. "You shouldn't always worry," he chided, and I frowned. "Well, if someone said that you were useless, what would you do?" I asked him. 

     "Don't care about that person because I'm not useless. Don't be so negative, Adeline. There's always sunshine after rain," he said. 

     "Are you just quoting Justin Bieber's Pray?" I asked, looking blankly at him. 

     He smiled sheepishly. "The world is a rainbow?" He said, and we both laughed. 

     Chris was the only one who could make me feel this way. 

     "Let's go back to the room. They should be there," I said, and he nodded. 

     We both made our way back to the hotel room, and I knocked on the door once. The door opened slowly, and I frowned. What the hell? 

     "Guys?" I asked. 

     "Well, well, well. Look who we have here," an unknown dark voice sounded from the corner of the room. 

     I turned, and Chris was immediately shielding me from in front. 

     I gasped at the sight I saw. 

     Rach, Jonah, Maria, Josh, Jake and Maya were tied up, and all placed in chairs. They were asleep, or unconscious. Their hands were fitted into tight knots of ropes. I gasped again, and saw that they failed at the attempt to get away from these strangers. 

     "You're friends are nice people," the man said, a smirk playing on the corners of his lips. "Let them go!" I yelled, and pushed Chris away gently, but he held me back, keeping me in place, holding my hips tightly. 

     "Don't do that. The more you do this, the more the man would want to keep them tied," Chris whispered in my ear. 

     "This officially sucks," I muttered to myself, hoping no one heard what I just said. I mean, what the hell are these two people doing here? 

     "Who are you and what do you want?" Chris demanded. 

     "Ah, the billion dollar question," the man all dressed in black said darkly. He was scary, but he wasn't scaring me. In fact, the woman on his right was busy fixing his tie. 

     "Darling, don't scare them. We're just here to clear up some misunderstandings," a woman dressed in black said reassuringly with a warm smile, while trying to get his tie to work properly. I laughed a little. 

     I decided that I liked the woman better than the man. 

     Chris relaxed a little, but he was still tense. 

     He wrapped an arm around my waist, and scowled at them. "Who are you?" He asked once again. "Who are you?" The man asked. 

     "I'm from the Echoing Leaves territory," Chris said, as if choosing his words carefully. "I'm from the Dark Moon territory," I said as well, and the man widened his eyes. 

     "Dark Moon, you say?" The woman questioned. 

     "Yes," I confirmed. 

     "Welcome to the Gianni Falls territory!" 

WOO WOO! THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE VOTES, COMMENTS AND READS EVERYONE!!! :D :D :D I'm like, 160+ in the werewolf category! WOOTS!!! :D :D :D So, please continue to support!!! ^^v Vote&Comment&Fan!! :D :D :D HappyGirl98! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 57 40
Misery, confusion, passion and fear. Stella Beckett, a young she-wolf that lost her father at a young age. Determined for greatness, she sets out on...
77.5K 1.9K 24
Trying to keep her pack safe, Brooke Summers, daughter of the Alpha, leaves her pack. Now, she finds herself in a place she never thought she'd be in.
205K 7.8K 18
When a male werewolf turns eighteen he can choose a mate. Mostly they choose she-wolves, but sometimes they choose a human. Six years later Brooklyn...
4M 107K 55
****Currently published and available for purchase, therefore this is an incomplete copy!**** Adeline has had grace and formality shoved down her thr...