Selfish

بواسطة Joan0324

Isabella was raised to become a strong, determinate women. To the eyes of the rest of the world Bella was swe... المزيد

Sunday; November 22, 2015
Monday; November 23, 2015
Friday; November 27, 2015
Monday; November 30, 2015
Saturday; December 5th, 2015
Sunday; December 6th, 2015
Wednesday; December 9th, 2015
Saturday; December 12, 2015
Wednesday; December 16, 2015
Saturday; December 19, 2016
Thursday; December 24th, 2015
Sunday; February 14th, 2016
Monday; February 22nd, 2016
Friday; February 26th, 2016
Friday; March 11th, 2016
Friday; March 11, 2016
Wednesday; March 16, 2016
Thursday; March 24th, 2016
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue

Chapter 27

1.2K 69 22
بواسطة Joan0324

Edward P.O.V

I'm probably hallucinating but it felt so real. It probably still is hallucinating, I couldn't focus right but she was here. She sat right next to me on my bed and her hand softly stroked my hair as everyone rushed around me. I couldn't focus on anything else but her. Her hair made a perfect curvy curtain around my face.

She's so beautiful and she's here with me. She wore a white dress, her face looked so angelical. I love her and she's here with me.

Edward, she whispered as she ran her hand through my hair. Let's go. Come on, baby. Come get me, she laughed. Come on. Let's race... She got up from the bed, biting her lip trying to hold back a smile. Catch me if you can... She began to back away from me.

"Bella..." I said with a cracked voice. My throat was so dry. "Bella... Where are you going?"

You'll have to catch me to find out, she giggled as she continued to back away. Come on, baby. Let's go like we said we would. You promised...

"Bella... Don't... Go," I groan.

"Edward... Edward!"

When I open my eyes, I meet the eyes of Esme and Carlisle both staring at me with worried expressions.

"Oh, honey, I'm so glad that you're awake," Esme said, running her hands through my hair. "How are you feeling?"

"Where is she?"

Esme looked at Carlisle and back at me. "Edward, how about you tell us how are you feeling?" She insisted.

"Mom, where is Bella?"

"We'll talk about it later," Carlisle said. "You've been out for quite a while. You scared us, Edward. What you did was very reckless."

I glare at him. "Wouldn't you have done it for her?" I asked. "If someone tried to take Esme from you, would you have just sat there and done nothing?"

He shook his head. "It's not about that, Edward. Right now what matters is that you get better."

"What matters is that you tell me where Bella is," I snapped. "Where is she?"

"We don't know, Edward," Mom said. "Please, can we talk about this later."

"No!" I snapped. "We talk about this now! Where is she?"

"Edward, please!"

"If you're not going to answer my question then leave!" I yelled. They both sat there stunned at my sudden outburst but I couldn't care less. What matters right now is that they tell me where Bella is, how is she, is she hurt?

"We can't answer that," Carlisle said, taking Esme's hand in his and gave her a squeeze.

"Why?"

"Because we don't know where she is," Esme said with a sad expression. "I'm sorry, baby. We don't know where she is."

"What do you mean you don't know where she is? I got her out of the car..." Then I remembered everything. I remember pulling her out of the car. I remember setting her on the ground and the sudden sharp pain that knocked me out. I remember just as I was fading away two people took her and placed her in a car. "What have the police men said so far?"

"What do you mean?" Carlisle asked confused.

"I mean what have they said on her search so far?" They both kept quiet. "You are looking for her, right?" No answer. "Right?!"

"Edward, she's with her father!"

"She's not!"

"Edward, calm down!"

"Don't tell me to calm down!" I snapped. "She's not with him, someone else took her!"

"Who else would take her?" Dad snapped back. "Edward when they found you and Jacob there was no Bella there. There wasn't even another car that Jacob claims you hit."

"What do you mean there was no other car?" I asked confused. "Jacob hit the second car where Bella was. They crashed right across the road from where we did. The two men in the car were dead! What do you mean there was no car?"

"Edward, they found you the next day. You almost died!" Esme cried. "You almost died from blood loss but for some reason you lived. You weren't even in the middle of the road."

"Esme!"

"What?"

She sighed. "When they found you, they found you on the side of the road and you had a blanket wrapped around you waist where they stabbed you. Someone did that."

"And someone anonymously called the hospital to inform where you were," Carlisle said. "We don't know who it was."

I stay silent for what seems a really long time just thinking about it. I don't think Charlie took her because there was only two cars, where did the third one come? And that also doesn't explain how or why the second Audi wasn't there. How? Where is she?

"She's not with her father," I said looking at my hands. "I know she's not."

"Edward, who else could have taken her?"

"I don't know!" I snap looking at them. "I don't know but I will figure it out. I'm going to find her and I'm going to bring her back."

"You cantr," Esme whispered. "Let the police do it."

"You said there was no search!" I sit up, ignoring the pain on my side. "I'll start one. I'll be the only one if I have to but I will look for her, I will find her and I will bring her back. I don't care what she's done, she's mine! And that man or anybody can keep her from me!"

They didn't say anything. After a while in silence a nurse came to check on me. My anger just grew once I learned that I've been asleep almost a week and I in that time the search for Bella hasn't even started. How stupid can they be? Weren't my parents there when her father made perfectly clear that he was going to kill her? Couldn't they see that someone took her?

Later that day as I ate for the first time in a week Mr. Hale and officer Easterwood walked in. I glare at Mr. Hale, another reason why Bella was so impulsive was because he wanted her gone too.

"Edward, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"Oh, I'm great," I said sarcastically. I drop my fork and look at him. "What can I help you with?"

"I want you to tell me what happened the night Isabella Bennett disappeared."

"Why?"

"Your parents said you wanted to start up a search for her. I need to know what happened in order to begin."

"This would have been a lot easier if you started the day you all found me."

"I kind of agree with him," officer Easterwood said.

Mr. Hale sighed. "We all thought she was just hiding."

"Hiding? You thought she was hiding? Where the hell would she hide?" I couldn't believe what he was saying and by the looks of it, he didn't want to be here. "You don't even want to look for her, right? Of course. Since you exposed you for the pig you are."

"Edward," he snapped. "I never liked this girl, neither did Rosalie and we were proven right. Why can't you see that she manipulated you?"

"Stop!" I yell. "I don't want you here and I certainly don't want you in charge of her search. I want you out of my room and leave me the hell alone."

He sighed again. "Edward, in my honest opinion I don't think you should do this."

"Mr. Hale, in my honest opinion I don't think this concerns you. Now thank you for your visit, but please feel free to leave and don't let the door hit you on your way out." I said this in the coldest way anyone could ever speak and it didn't bother me.

He nodded. "Well, I'm sorry for upsetting you." He nodded toward Officer Easterwood and they both walked out of the room.

I push my tray away and look down at my hands. I just couldn't she was gone. I just couldn't believe I failed her, I couldn't protect her like I said I would. Like I promised Jacob I would.

My mind flashes back to the day after the dance when Jacob and I talked about Bella.

December 20, 2015...

"So, you and Bella, huh?" Jacob kicked the ball toward me. "Since when?"

I shrug. "We only just started going out." I kick the ball right back at him. "I thought you were taking Lauren to the ball last night."

He shrugged. "I changed my mind. She was my second option, my first one rejected me."

Oh, yeah. Bella rejected him when he asked her. She didn't tell me when exactly did he ask her but it must have been around the same time I asked her. I chose not to say anything else and kick the ball that he kicks back at me.

"You know, Edward, I really like Bella." I look at him. "She seems a little mysterious, yeah. And it's obvious she's hiding something major, don't you think?"

I nod. "Yeah, I've noticed and she seems pretty involved with that James guy. He's probably more than just a lawyer or whatever he is to her."

"I have a feeling he's her partner in crime," he said. "I don't think she'd be involved with an older man." He paused. "She's up to something, right?"

"Yeah, she is." It's pretty obvious she is.

"Can I ask you for something?" I look at him. "Don't let anything happen to her, whatever it is that she does, protect her. She probably never had anyone to do such a thing for her."

I nod at him. "I will. Don't worry about that, okay? She's good with me."

He nodded, kicking the ball back at me. "Good to know."

I failed her. I made them both a promise that I would protect her and I couldn't keep it.

I was let out of the hospital two days after I woke up. I asked for my car but then they reminded me my car was crashed. So I took Carlisle's car and drove it to Seattle where with the help of their investigators will help me find Bella and bring her back home where she belongs.

Author's Note:

I'm debating whether making Edward Hate Bella? Should I?? I think that'd be a little interesting 😁

Vote!

Comment!

~Joan0324

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

241 31 6
Please, let me make your world spin around. Let me tell you about Bella, her best friend and her brother Ben. Let me make you question everything. Th...
11.6K 340 29
(I wrote this like a year ago and my grammar was literally beyond the worst and the storyline was horrendously written. Beware.) Luna had just been d...
1.1K 121 29
Isabella has never belonged to a pack. Her father, Alpha Charles, sent her away to his Brother's pack after her mother's death, enraged she never gav...
3.7K 123 19
(EDITING PLEASE RE-READ!) Isabella Adrienne has just turned 18 and must now find her true mate. In a world where being marked by anyone but your true...