Chapter 26

Edward P.O.V

It was in the matter of two seconds that everything happened. Bella attempted to sprint toward the door but one of the big men in suits grab her before she had the chance to reach the door. He lifted her in the air and she trashed around, trying to get him off her.

I get up but the second gorilla pushed me back down on the couch.

"Let go of me!" Bella cried out.

"Hey, Luke, watch it with my daughter," Mr. Swan said with a serious tone. "We don't want her to get injured yet."

Luke places Bella on her feet and pushes forward toward Mr. Swan. Bella pulled her hair away from her face and glared at Mr. Swan, who smiled at her and opened his arms to her.

"Are you going to give your father a hug?"

Bella huffed. "I'd cut my own arms off with a knife." She looked at me with a look that said how sorry she was before she turned back to her father. "How about we leave right now and leave them out of this?"

Mr. Swan chuckled. "No, I don't think so. I'm still waiting for my hug, little girl and I don't like waiting."

Bella didn't say anything at first. She just glared at him before standing taller and mutters, "And I'm a germaphobe, I guess your out of luck."

"Okay. Luke."

Luke stepped closer to Bella and kicked her so hard, she fell on her side and her head hit the glass wall so hard it cracked right where she hit. Jacob, Carlisle and I stand up at the same time but both Gorillas point their guns at us.

"Leave her alone!" I yell as I watched Mr. Swan approach her. Bella groans in pain and pushes herself against the glass wall, away from Mr. Swan.

Mr. Swan picked her up in his arms and pressed her against his chest. Bella tried to push him away but he wouldn't have it. He squeezed her tightly and ran his hand to the back of her head and pull her head back. The simple act made my blood boil.

"I've missed you," he repeats.

Bella glares at him but it's obvious she hit her head very hard. She looks numb and like she's about to pass out in any moment. I look over at Carlisle, who looks back at me. He knows what I'm thinking. He steps forward with his hands in the air. Mr. Swan looks at him and glares.

"Please, I just want to check her. She hit her head very hard," Carlisle said.

He nodded, looking down at his daughter. He took his hand away from his hair and looked at it covered with blood. He chuckled to himself.

"Well, will you look at that." He then just threw her on the ground. She falls right in front of me, hitting her head again and letting out a groan.

"Bella!" I kneel down by her and pull her in my arms. She begins to shake in my arms as if she's cold and clings to me until I feel her nails through my clothes.

"Why..." She choked out, tears begin to form in her eyes. I know what she means. I brought her here. I technically brought her to her doom. She probably hates me now.

"I'm sorry," I say with a cracked voice. "I'm so sorry, Bella. I love you."

She shakes her head as her tears begin to pour down her cheeks. She clings tighter and her body won't seize its shaking.

Carlisle makes an attempt to kneel down but they push him on the couch. Mr. Swan then pulls a needle out of his pocket, takes its lid off and taps the top of it making small drops of the liquid inside it drip.