Chapter 30

Edward P.O.V 

I walk up to my sister and take the picture from her. She stands there waiting for me to answer her question as I look down at the old picture of her. I look at the book and see the other three pictures of her and I together are there as well. 

"Was she a girlfriend or something?" Lily asked. 

"Oh, she was something," I said in a low tone. Lily gives me an annoyed look and crosses her arms over her chest. I place the picture down on the table. "Let's go for a drive." 

"No, I want answers," she snapped. "Who is she and does it have anything to do with the little fight between you and Jacob?" 

I sigh. "Lilian, let's go for a drive." I take her hand and walk out of my apartment. She follows me with a not so happy look on her face. Once we are on the road I take the highway that takes us out of Seattle and to Forks. "I'm going to tell you what happened, okay? I just need two things from you."

"And that is?" She asked.

"One: don't interrupt me, unless I pause or something you can say whatever you want to let out. Two: no questions until I am done." 

She sighed and leaned back on her seat. "Alright. But I want the truth, Edward. If you are telling me this, brother, I want nothing but the truth." 

"All you're going to get, sister, is nothing but the truth," I replied without taking my eyes off the road. I have to prepare myself, I never told anyone about her ever since it happened, but Lily had to know. She was just brought in between it. "Six years ago while I was studying my last year in high school and still lived with Carlisle and Esme a girl came. I remember two nights before she came the entire family, including Emmett's wife and her brother-"

"The Hale twins?"

"Yes, the Hale twins. Well, we gathered in the afternoon and Carlisle told us about this girl that had recently lost her mother due to breast cancer and had no other known relatives so the state decided it was best for her to live in a foster home until she was eighteen and legally an adult." 

"How old was she?" I give her a look before looking back at the road. "Sorry."

"She was sixteen. We all understood she needed the help and support because her mother had just recently died days ago, but when she arrived she looked in no state of grieving. She looked normal... What am I saying?" I chuckle. "She was far from normal. Her name was Isabella Bennett. She was... the absolutely most beautiful girl I've ever met. Her skin was soft and pale white, her lips made a incredible contrast because they were naturally red. Her eyes matched her hair with this beautiful chocolate brown color. Her hair was naturally curled, it was sometimes hard for her to tame. She was fun, she definitely knew how to spend her time but there was another side of her that I did not see for a very long time.

"When she arrived, she arrived with her lawyer and the moment I laid eyes on her I knew that she would be the death of me." And I was  right. "Everyone instantly liked her, she had these sweet manners and flirty attitude. She was really cute. Of course the only person that didn't like her was Rosalie, she claimed she saw something in her that she didn't like..." 

"I don't know, it was the way she simply looked. The moment she stepped out of that car there was something in her eyes that told me she is going to be trouble for all of us," Rosalie said as she paced the room. "I'll certainly keep an eye on her, for sure." 

"I didn't really listen to Rosalie, I was captivated by her that I couldn't care less if she turned out to be a witch. Jacob met her that day as well. I was so happy because I asked her if she wanted a tour of the grounds and she said yes. She held my arm the entire time until Jacob came. He liked immediately as well and for a second I thought she liked him too. He flirted with her and she flirted right back. I was jealous," I chuckle, "I only had just met her and I was jealous because she was flirting with my best friend."