Chapter 27

Edward P.O.V

I'm probably hallucinating but it felt so real. It probably still is hallucinating, I couldn't focus right but she was here. She sat right next to me on my bed and her hand softly stroked my hair as everyone rushed around me. I couldn't focus on anything else but her. Her hair made a perfect curvy curtain around my face.

She's so beautiful and she's here with me. She wore a white dress, her face looked so angelical. I love her and she's here with me.

Edward, she whispered as she ran her hand through my hair. Let's go. Come on, baby. Come get me, she laughed. Come on. Let's race... She got up from the bed, biting her lip trying to hold back a smile. Catch me if you can... She began to back away from me.

"Bella..." I said with a cracked voice. My throat was so dry. "Bella... Where are you going?"

You'll have to catch me to find out, she giggled as she continued to back away. Come on, baby. Let's go like we said we would. You promised...

"Bella... Don't... Go," I groan.

"Edward... Edward!"

When I open my eyes, I meet the eyes of Esme and Carlisle both staring at me with worried expressions.

"Oh, honey, I'm so glad that you're awake," Esme said, running her hands through my hair. "How are you feeling?"

"Where is she?"

Esme looked at Carlisle and back at me. "Edward, how about you tell us how are you feeling?" She insisted.

"Mom, where is Bella?"

"We'll talk about it later," Carlisle said. "You've been out for quite a while. You scared us, Edward. What you did was very reckless."

I glare at him. "Wouldn't you have done it for her?" I asked. "If someone tried to take Esme from you, would you have just sat there and done nothing?"

He shook his head. "It's not about that, Edward. Right now what matters is that you get better."

"What matters is that you tell me where Bella is," I snapped. "Where is she?"

"We don't know, Edward," Mom said. "Please, can we talk about this later."

"No!" I snapped. "We talk about this now! Where is she?"

"Edward, please!"

"If you're not going to answer my question then leave!" I yelled. They both sat there stunned at my sudden outburst but I couldn't care less. What matters right now is that they tell me where Bella is, how is she, is she hurt?

"We can't answer that," Carlisle said, taking Esme's hand in his and gave her a squeeze.

"Why?"

"Because we don't know where she is," Esme said with a sad expression. "I'm sorry, baby. We don't know where she is."

"What do you mean you don't know where she is? I got her out of the car..." Then I remembered everything. I remember pulling her out of the car. I remember setting her on the ground and the sudden sharp pain that knocked me out. I remember just as I was fading away two people took her and placed her in a car. "What have the police men said so far?"