Round The Way Girl [BOOK 1]

By AimlessThoughts

He is the CEO of one of the biggest companies in America. He's all about his work and business. He doesn't ha... More

Author's Note.
Intro
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Epilogue

Chapter Fourteen

75.3K 2.5K 651
By AimlessThoughts

Chapter Fourteen: "Act On Your Feelings -- Part One"

Akira:

I didn't speak one word the drive back to the hotel. I mean, who is he to say such a thing about my family? Have I insulted his family even once? I wouldn't dare to do such a thing. Maybe I should have kept my thoughts to myself. I know Kyle wants him to attend the event, but maybe we're pushing him too much.

I sighed, catching Chresanto's attention. He looked over at me with blank eyes. I didn't dare turn to meet his gaze. I kept looking forward, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Akira, how many times do I have to say that I'm sorry?" He spoke softly, looking away from me for a moment. I didn't reply. That left us in an odd type of silence. He was the one to break it again.

"I'll make it up to you, alright? I got you." He said, mocking me from earlier. I couldn't hold in my laughter. I slight chuckle escaped my lips, making Chresanto smile.

"Alright, you make dinner tonight." I said grinning widely. I watched as Chresanto's eyebrows furrowed.

"Okay, you'll be getting burnt food than." He replied leaning back in the seat. I shook my head, smirking to myself. How did he survive? He just got take out the whole time? I noticed at that moment, that he didn't have his seatbelt on. I narrowed my eyes at him before reaching over and unlatching my own belt. I scooted closer to him, capturing his attention quickly. He didn't question me, but I reached over and began to pull his belt forward. I was leaning across him, my arm stretching to the belt. I kept my breathing even and his hand rest on my back, making me freeze.

I quickly pulled the belt around him and clicked it in. I moved back over to my spot, having his hand drop from my back. I clicked my belt back on and exhaled slowly. I closed my eyes and threw my head back. He's throwing me into a frenzy. I can't even think straight. When he first walked into the office, when I was looking at the designs, I was so happy to see him. I kept my cool though.

"Oh, you're here." Was all I said. But that definitely wasn't how I was feeling. I looked back over at him and he was looking down at his phone.

"Instead of having me make dinner, we go out and eat?" He suggested, keeping his eyes on his phone. When he was finished speaking he looked at me, waiting for an answer.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, that'll be cool. We should go to a movie too! I want to see that Gravity movie!"

He nodded his head, "Okay, then it's a date."

I scoffed playfully, a date. That word. This is the first time I've heard him use that word when we go out. Not once, has he called it a date. Yet, I guess I could consider this a date. All the other times we went out, it was for an event. This time, it's gonna be us; just the two of us alone.

"Nowhere expensive," I added, "We don't need to eat somewhere fancy. I mean I know you have the money...but I wouldn't mind getting something from Chipotle or McDonalds."

Chresanto continued to hold me gaze. He raised an eyebrow at me before looking away swiftly. I looked away from him and back at the window, just as we pulled up to the hotel. I opened the door and stepped out, closing the door behind me. Chresanto walked around the back and stood with me. He quickly grabbed my hand, pulling me forward with him. He didn't say a word and neither did I.

"Chresanto!" A female voice called as we walked into the lobby. I spun around quickly and my eyes focused on someone. Well, two people.

"Chresanto...I think that's Sally and some other lady." I said and stopped walking. Chresanto followed my gaze as he spotted the two.

"Oh god," He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. I looked at him in bewilderment. What's Sally doing here? Yet, I don't think it was Sally that Chresanto was groaning about. It was the other woman. Yet, her attention wasn't on Chresanto. Her brown eyes were burning into mine. I looked right back at her with a friendly smile. I can smell her stank attitude from here. I'm about to kill this bitch with kindness.

"Sally!" I chimed, greeting her as she and the woman got closer.

"Hey Akira, how have you been?" She asked beaming at me.

"I've been good, I'm here with Chresanto on a business trip." I explained, looking up at Chresanto.

"Well, how nice for you two. I'm here on business also. This is Mia Knocksford, CEO of Nixs Inc." Sally said introducing the woman. I turned my eyes to her and smiled. I stretched my hand out, hoping to get a handshake.

She shook my hand tightly, a bit too tight for comfort. I didn't complain or even show a bit of pain. That's when the grip on my other hand became tight. Chresanto squeezed my hand a bit. I sighed as I dropped my hand to my side.

"Well, it's weird seeing you here. This is where Mia chose to meet up," Sally said before looking at Chresanto, "Mia told me that she had lunch with you today."

My neck snapped up to Chresanto who was looking right at Mia. Of course he was having lunch with her. I'm dumb to believe it was a meeting. She finally tore her eyes from me and looked at Chresanto. His facial expression was blank. I can't tell what he's thinking...but the way she smiled at him, I got the deal. A meeting. Yeah right. You're dumb Akira. You're real dumb. Just cause you're supposed to be marrying Chresanto doesn't mean he made some sort of promise to you. He's still a man. Stop being so butt hurt. My smile wavered and I slowly slipped my hand from Chresanto's.

He looked over at me with confusion coloring his once vacant eyes. I looked away quickly and smiled at Mia.

"It's nice to meet you Mia." I spoke.

"Nice to meet you too. It's nice to finally meet the woman that captured Chresanto's heart. I tried it, and I guess I just wasn't what he-"

"Mia what is the meaning of this?" Chresanto raced out.

"What?" Mia asked shrugging, "I don't know what you mean? Don't be nervous. The long term ex-girlfriend meeting the fiance is a bit nerve racking." My smile fell.

Ex-girlfriend. She was in an actual relationship with Chresanto? I picked my smile back up and sighed.

"If you two want to catch up, I'll go-"

Chresanto interjected quickly, "--No, we have nothing to catch up on." He wrapped an arm around my waist and started pulling me to the elevator. I didn't fight him. Yet, a sort of reality hit me.

He's Chresanto August. Billionaire Player.

He's not going to stop doing what he does because of you. His fake fiance.

I need to get these feelings together. He's not even thinking of me in that way, he's just playing the part. I mentally face-palmed myself. I've set myself up for heartache. When we stepped into the empty elevator, I didn't say anything to him. We stood there in silence and all that was heard were our breaths. I kept my eyes down on the floor as I played around with my fingers aimlessly.

"Mia is so stupid," Chresanto said to himself, a chuckle caught in his throat. I looked up at him curiously. He looked down at me, smiling a bit.

"She planned the business meeting here on purpose, after I rejected her for the third time-"

I cut him off quickly, my voice filling the once silent space we stood in, "Reject her? For the third time?"

He nodded his head slowly, "Yeah, she was just a friend with benefits I had a year ago. She told me she had feelings for me and I rejected her. I didn't even know she was who I was having lunch with. I rejected her there, again and she wasn't happy about it. Poor girl, catching feelings and everything. I told her, no catching feelings and now she's in pain. Some girls just don't listen. They end up heartbroken while I'm perfectly fine."

I didn't want to say anything. I kept my mouth quiet, and kept my eyes away from him. So she lied? She wanted me to be jealous? She wanted to freak me out? Has Sally told her about the doubts she has when it comes to Chresanto and I? The silver doors opened and we stepped out, not making any conversation as we got to the suite. He was the one to open the door, letting me walk in first. I thanked him quietly and strolled in.

I walked into the bedroom and threw off my jacket, sighing. I sat down on the bed and plopped down. I just want to rest. I shut my eyes and took in the peace and quiet I was having. It wasn't tell I felt the bed sink a bit that my eyes snapped open. I looked up a bit to see Chresanto. He was sitting on his side of the bed, and he was on the phone. I wasn't sure who he was talking to till I heard the topic of the conversation.

"Kyle, who do you think you are to put out my business like that?" Chresanto argued, glancing at me for a short second.

"Kyle? Tell him I said hi!" I chimed sitting up and turning to face Chresanto. I ignored the glare he threw my way. It's clear that he wasn't happy at all. It was probably seeing Mia that ruined his mood. I can't blame him, she ruined my mood too. It's clear that she's still hung up on Chresanto. I wonder how long it takes girls to get over Chresanto. It must be hard, seeing how his face is everywhere now a days.

"He said hi." Chresanto responded after some time. I grinned and nodded my head, listening in on his conversation.

"I'm not going alright? Don't even think about it, forget it okay?" He nearly hissed. I found myself.

"Why are you neglecting your family like this..." I thought out loud.

Chresanto's head snapped up as we locked eyes. He stared at me blankly before rolling his eyes and looking. He's such an asshole sometimes, I swear. I got up from the bed and walked out the bedroom moving to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and grabbed a water. I shut the fridge and opened the water bottle, taking a few sips before closing it.

"Akira," Chresanto's tired voice called to me. I turned around just as he walked out of the bedroom. His arm stretched out and in his hands was his cell phone. I walked forward, meeting him halfway. I took the cell phone from his hands and put it up to my ear.

"Hello?" I spoke into it.

"Akira?" Kyle's almost childish voice whispered.

"Hey Kyle!" I exclaimed spinning around and gacial walking back into the kitchen.

"Akira, you have to find a way to get him to go to the reunion. He listens to you!"

I chuckled amused by the statement, "He doesn't listen to me."

"That's right, I don't." Chresanto suddenly hollered. He hadn't left his spot.

"He listens more than you think! Just find a way? Please?" Kyle practically begged. I looked over at Chresanto and sighed.

"Don't worry, I got you." I responded.

"Thank you Akira! Well, I got to go. Adios!"

"Bye Kyle." I hung up the phone and set it on the kitchen counter.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He questioned taking slow steps towards me.

"Let's go see Carrie!" I suggested smiling at him. He grinned.

"Scary movie huh?" He inquired, "You're not just looking for reasons to hold on to me?"

I let out a small titter, "I'd rather drink gasoline then, smoke a cigarette."

He put his hand on his chest and acted with fake pain, "Oh, that really hurt my feelings Kira."

I opened my mouth to say something back but quickly stop, "What did you just call me?"

"Kira." He answered, dimly.

"That's not my name. It's A-kira." I corrected, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I thought I'd give you a nickname." He explained.

I giggled, "Well then I'll give you one too!" I mocked back, pausing for a moment.

"ChreBear!" I cheered. His smile fell.

"Absolutely not."

I giggled, "Why not?"

"What kind of nickname is that?"

"An amazing one!"

He shook his head before grabbing his phone and turning around to walk back into the kitchen. I wasn't quick to go after him. I walked at a slow pace back into the bedroom where he was now sitting on the bed, looking down at his phone again. I didn't say anything as I leaned against the wall with my hands behind my back. He glanced up at me once and looked down at his phone again.

"I didn't even ask you if you were single, before getting you into all this." He muttered, a bitter chuckle leaving his lips. My brows furrowed, why is he suddenly thinking about this? I wasn't sure how to respond. I mean I wasn't seeing anyone.

"Were you seeing anyone before this stupid plan I came up with?" He questioned, keeping his gaze on the phone screen.

"No," I answered, "I wasn't seeing anyone. I wanted to be single for a while, and focus on myself."

"Focus on yourself while you cleaned houses?" He interrogated raising an eyebrow at me. I ignored how rude the statement sounded and answered anyway.

"I was trying to figure out what to do with myself, I wasn't sure where to start with everything. I don't want to live off my sister the whole time." I spoke candidly.

I cast my eyes down on the nice carpet floor as Chresanto spoke again, his voice filling the once silent air we sat in.

"At least you're trying right?"

I shrugged and looked up, our eyes locking.

"I guess, but what about you Chresanto?" I asked.

"What?"

"The fact that you're busy...is that the real reason you haven't been in a relationship."

He fell silent at that moment, just staring at me. His eyes searched my face for some type of emotion. He sighed and looked away abruptly. He stood up from his spot on the bed and started for the bathroom. He's probably gonna take a shower. We are still going to dinner and a movie?

I strolled over to my suitcase and started pulling out random pieces of clothing. I want to be casual, but not too casual. I settled on a simple short sleeve white V-neck, and some dark blue skinny jeans. I'm going to add a nice gold chain and some black jordans. I laid the outfit out on the bed just as the bathroom door opened.

I turned around, ready to throw a rude remark his way when I froze. Chresanto stood looking at me, in only a towel that was wrapped around his waist.

Don't stare Akira, don't stare.

I averted my eyes suddenly, casually turning around to face the bed.

"You're done?" I asked, trying to sound cool. I didn't get a response. Instead I heard footsteps on the carpet as he stepped closer to me.

"Yeah, I'm done, you can go ahead now." He finally said, snickering the slightest bit.

"Alright," I said grabbing my outfit and walking into the bathroom, which was humid and hot, from the hot shower that was being taken prior.

I shut the door quickly and locked it just to be safe. Living with him is becoming harder and harder to do.

*~*~*~*

After taking a shower I dried off and lotioned my body before getting dressed.I straighten my hair, and put on some light make up. I walked out the bathroom to see Chresanto standing there, with his back facing me. He wasn't aware of my presence. I closed the bathroom door behind me, making him jump slightly.

He turned around and I got a good look at him. He wore a simple black Tee with some blue jeans and Jordans. He cleaned up nicely. On his wrist was a nice Rolex watch that made the outfit look so much better. He smiled slightly as he took in my outfit. He didn't say anything, but grabbed his jacket off the bed, throwing it on.

"Are you ready to go?" He questioned, raising an eyebrow. I nodded my head, almost scared to speak. I followed behind him as we made our way out the bedroom and into the living room. I shut off the lights, not wanting to leave them on. We walked out the suite, having him lock the door beside us. I'm nervous. I can feel it and I'm sure he can feel it.

Yet Chresanto doesn't get nervous at all. He's always around women, he's always going out with women. He's probably a pro at this.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asked me suddenly. I looked up at him as we walked down to the elevator. It wasn't till he pressed the button that I shrugged, not really sure what to say.

"I don't have anything to say," I muttered softly. He chuckled, as if my answer brought him some type of amusement.

"That's funny!" He exclaimed. "You, Akira Washington having nothing to say? I better savor this moment. It may never happen again." The elevator doors slid opened and we stepped in, about two more people already standing there.

"What do you mean that will never happened again? Are you trying say that I talk a lot?" I turned, facing him. I pointed a finger in his face, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Don't make me get ugly!"

"Akira, it's a little too late for that!" He jeered back. My brows furrowed and I poked his forehead as roughly as I could. THat only made him laugh. He wrapped an arm around my waist, glancing over at the other people on the elevator. He brought me closer to me, and I continued to poke at his forehead.

"You're. So. Annoying." I basically hissed, getting a reaction this time.

"You two are very much in love," A fragile voice spoke. Our heads turned to the two people standing with us. One of them was an older lady, looking as if she was in her late 60's. She had white hair and pale white skin to go with it.

"I can see the love in your eyes. Don't lose that okay? I think you two are very cute together." She finished folding her arms over her stomach. We stood there in silence for a minute before I felt my cheeks heating up. Chresanto looked away from me and dropped his hand from around me.

"Thank you for the wise words." I practically whispered back to the woman. She smiled widely and nodded her head before looking over at the older man who stood beside her. I'm guess he's her husband. He looked about the same age as she did. I watched a cheeky smile pull up at the corner of the man's lips. He stretched a hand out to the woman and she took it gladly.

I smiled at the sight, but was quickly pulled out of that trance as the elevator doors opened to the lobby. Chresanto took a hold of my hand and pulled me with him through the lobby. We passed the front desk and Natasha wasn't there. Instead there was a young guy hispanic man. He gave me a friendly smile when we made eye contact. Before I knew it we were walking through the revolving doors and out to the front of the hotel.

"You walk too slow." Chresanto remarked, keeping his eyes forward. We were walking towards the car.

"Is today, 'point out Akira's flaws' day?" I spit.

He replied with a stiff chuckle. He opened the door to the black SUV for me, and I muttered an annoyed thank you.

I stepped in and slid down to the end. Chresanto then climbed in himself. He closed the door and nodded towards the driver. I reached over and grabbed my belt, clicking it in. I looked up to lock eyes with Chresanto.

"Are you going to put your belt on?" I inquired. He put both hands up, as if he was afraid.

"Well," He sneered, "I didn't know I was riding with a police officer."

I rolled my eyes at his comment, yet he listened. He reached over to his side and pulled the seat belt around his body, clicking it in the buckle. I smiled widely and nodded in approval. I turned to my left and started looking out the window at the dark night sky.

I leaned my head against the cool glass, causing goosebumps to appear all over my body. When the car came to a stop, I sat up quickly. We ended up settling on just a movie, no dinner. I was alright with that. Instead of my original request, we're going to see Thor: The Dark World. The door was opened for me by Chresanto. I said a small thank you and walked around the back of the car, and met the sidewalk.

Chresanto followed behind me as we walked towards the line at the booth. Of course we caught some attention, our faces have been seen in magazines a lot lately. Well, Chresanto is always somewhere in the media.

"Mr. August," A high pitched voice called. It was a girl, looked about our age and she had beautiful olive tone skin with light brown eyes. It was clear that she doesn't know Chresanto. But, I'm sure she'd like to.

"I am a such of big fan of yours!" She hollered clapping her hands together. She shuffled forward as the line moved up. We did the same.

"You are?" Chresanto sounded really surprised. She nodded her head and grinned widely. My presence wasn't acknowledged.

"Yes! I'm majoring in Business right now! I want to start my own business like you did!"

Chresanto nodded his head slowly, listening to what she was saying. "Well that's good. I wish you the best of luck."

She opened her mouth to speak again but stopped; because Chresanto had turned his attention onto me.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I nodded my head slowly and looked over at the girl again. She was now glaring at me. I simply smiled and looked away. I'm not going to let these girls get to me.

"What movie are you going to see?" The girl spoke shuffling forward a bit. We followed her actions. She was up next. She went up to the booth, glancing at Chresanto.

"I'll have one ticket to...Gravity." She chimed. It was like she wanted Chresanto to hear.

"I heard that's a good movie," I finally spoke up, "We'll have to see that next time."

She turned around to meet my gaze. She held the ticket in her hand, realizing how stupid she looked. She was trying to go see the same movie as we were. I chuckled a bit as she walked off, clearly pissed off. Chresanto went up to the booth, asking for two tickets while I stood off to the side. When he got the tickets we walked inside. After getting some drinks and snacks we proceed to the theater.

*~*~*~*~*

"That movie was great!" I shouted as we walked out the theater. Chresanto had his hands in his pockets as we walked out, snickering at my childish behavior. His rude comment went unheard or at least I acted like they did. I started going ahead of him, skipping. My stroll came to a stop as I realized that the car wasn't there. I turned around to Chresanto, a slight pout on my lips.

"Where's the car?" I seek, crossing my arms over my chest.

"There's a chipotle around the corner. I told him to meet us there." He explained, turning away from me and walking down the sidewalk. I jogged a bit to catch up to him. We walked at a very slow pace and kept to ourselves. We turned the corner, spotting the shopping center not too far from us. We continued to walk down the street, standing pretty close to each other.

"We're heading to London in the morning. We'll be there for about two days and then we're heading back home." Chresanto informed me.

"Just in time for your family reunion." I noted, keeping my gaze on the pavement.

"Akira," He groaned, "Please stop with that. I'm not going to go."

"Why?" I almost whined.

"You can't force me. I'd like it if you didn't bring it up again." His voice was gentle, and it took me by a big surprise.

"Too bad! I'm going to keep bringing it up. Don't you miss them?"

"Of course I do!" He raised his voice.

"Then act like it." I almost whispered. he stared at me for a long moment before walking ahead of me.

"If you don't act on your feelings, you're gonna regret it later!" I called out after him, before slowly trailing behind him.

-------------
VOTE & COMMENT!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

829 10 30
Forced to marry him in order saving her father yet at first sight she falls for his brother Right or wrong ???? Yet the heart want what it wants rig...
786K 20.2K 25
" Love is two people playing pretend in order to have an excuse for being stupid." Landon Marks is CEO of the Fortune 500 company "Mark It". He has...
111K 3.6K 37
Katalina Jade can try to be a normal teenager and try to live a normal life, but that just isn't the case. Still recovering from a traumatic experien...
660 64 37
This story is about an arrogant CEO and an employee a girl who has a lot of dreams and a boy who is a master minded in business they both live their...