Epilogue

Epilogue 

KYLE:

I doesn't seem right. There is no way I am going to let this slip. I parked the the car that was once Akiras'. She left the car keys in the conference room, along with other things. I took the keys after trying to speak some sense into Chresanto. I stopped by the house to see all her things gone already. I was a bit disappointed. I called her phone, only to hear it ring from what used to be her room.

It's been 6 days since that awful conversation in the conference room. Chresanto has been acting like he's okay, but anyone can see he's not. It's still weird not hearing Akira's voice when he comes home from work. Her sassy comebacks whenever he gets out of line. The whole house just seems empty.  Chresanto acts like he was the only one who had some sort of relationship with Akira. She was my friend. She was like a sister to me, and because of all this foolishness, I can't see her anymore.

I went to her sister's house, hoping to see her. They both told me she wasn't there, though it was hard to believe. Chresanto would often ask casually ask if I stopped by Joy's house again. He'd ask if I saw Akira, and I would say no, like always. He was pressed on taking legal action towards Akira, which I felt was a bit much. I told him to hold out on it. I had to get to the bottom of it.

Chresanto was also putting all his focus on work, trying to rid his mind of Akira. He is working with Sally on the final touches of the deal. He was planning on having a party tonight, to celebrate the deal. When it comes to all the things that were said in the conference room, every single person that was there to witness such a thing; was sworn into silence. Chresanto is already threatening.  He told Sally that Akira had gone out of state to visit family. She wasn't suspecting anything. Kaela has been around a lot more. I don't like it. I don't like it at all. she's a snake and I know that for sure.

She has been trying to get closer to Chresanto. She's even been at the house one morning when I stopped by. When I asked Chresanto about it, he told me that she did not sleep over. She stopped by  to go over work stuff. If you ask me, work stuff should be handled at work. He's gone back to his work crazy self. Without Akira here to tell him to relax, working is all he has been doing.

Another thing, I have no idea what he did with that ring he bought for Akira. When I asked him about it, he ignored me. Speaking of ignoring, he has begun ignoring the family again. Not for the reason I thought. He is avoiding calls from the family because he is worried they will bring up Akira. He has spoken to his mom twice. Each time she asked for Akira. Chresanto managed to come up with excuses.

I wonder what Akira is doing right now. I wish she would come back. Kaela is trying to slide her way back into Chresanto's life. I'm scared that Chresanto will let her. She's nothing like Akira. I can barely hold a conversation with her. She also asked Chresanto if he could take her to Kimmie's grave.

The nerve!

Akira hasn't even been there before, so what gives you the nerve? God, I'm so tired of her. She knows I'm onto her, and on top of that, she doesn't even call me by my name.

"Hey boy!" Is what she referred to me as many times. Ugh, I need to get rid of her quick.

I stepped out the car, shutting the door behind me. The parking lot was practically empty, seeing how early in the morning I have arrived. I stared at the building for a moment, before sighing.

Claywood Publishings.

This is one of the many companies to receive the information from whoever leaked it. I approached the building, entering the glass double doors to see a girl at a desk. I say girl because she looked about the same age as me. She had short black hair that was curled. She looked up from her computer to meet my eyes. She smiled right away.