Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen: "Act on Your Feelings - Part Two"

Akira:

The plane ride to London was quiet, and I really didn't mind it. I liked the quiet for a bit. Well, that was till I wanted to make conversation. I wanted to speak my thoughts, and Chresanto was the only one with me. He wasn't in the mood for speaking at all. He was looking down at some files, making faces that didn't look too happy. Every once in a while he would look my way, no expression touching his face. He'd scoff with a slight smile on his lips.

I want to know what he's looking at! I have the right to know! I found myself glancing towards him more than before, hoping he'd say a word to me. Yet, I got nothing. I sighed and fell back in the nice leather seat. A few minutes passed.

"Akira," he called, making me look his way. I didn't reply, I just stared at him as he keep his attention on the files. "Why aren't you talking? I've been sitting here waiting for some random comment, like you always do. I don't like how quiet it is."

"Oh," Was all I could fathom. he was waiting for me to say something. He looked up at me raising an eyebrow.

"I thought you wanted silence, so I was giving you that, I don't want to distract you." I admitted, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Just your presence is a distraction." He confessed quickly. Before I could question him on the statement he stood up from his seat and started walking to the back of the plane. I looked after him as he walked off, disappearing behind the curtain. My brows furrowed as I turn forward again, left in confusion. That's when my phone began to ring. I looked at it as it sat in the empty seat beside me. I reached over and brought the screen to my face. My lips fell into a frown as I read the caller ID. Chresanto said not to answer, but I need to tell her off just once more. She needs to stop calling for whatever reason.

"Hello?" I said softly, looking around for Chresanto.

"Akira, how are you darling?" She questioned, sounding very cheerful. I felt like I had to fake a smile just being on the phone with her.

"What do you want?" I hissed laying back in the leather chair.

"I just wanted to see how you and Chresanto were doing. We had a misunderstanding at Joy's party and I'd like to clear it up."

"So you can get your business deal back right?"

There was a long silence, which was all I needed. I narrowed my eyes and scoffed.

"You're unbelievable you know that? You're not getting that dumb deal back, so stop calling me."

"Akira, what makes you think you can speak to me like that?" She snarled, "I'm your mother. I gave birth to you, I'm the one that changed your diapers. I'm the one that took care of you."

I sighed as tears burned my eyes, "You're also the one that ignored me for about six months, you're the one that let Marcus hit me-"

"That was Marcus's actions, not mine!" She almost yelled. I bit down on my lip, looking down at my lap for a moment.

"But you didn't do anything did you?" I question back to her. We sat there in silence. For a moment I thought she hung up. I wasn't going to check, I was frozen with anxiety. She causes me so much pain, and yet she expects me to forgive so easily.

"I'm just glad you found someone," She muttered, "Even if that person is Chresanto, I'm glad you found someone who can take care of you." There was no sincerity in her voice. I rolled my eyes, scoffing.

"Stop with the bullshit mom!" I exclaimed, finding myself rising to my feet.

"You can hate me if you want, but you can't tell me I don't care about you. I just need you to understand that without this business deal...Marcus will lose a lot of money." Her voice was almost pleading.