Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight: "Perfect for You."

Akira:

"What's next on the list?" I called out to Kyle as he pushed the cart slowly. He groaned clearly irritated.

"I can't believe he made me go grocery shopping with you." He muttered, loud enough for me to hear. I spun around on the ball of my feet and looked at Kyle who had his attention on something else. He looked up at me with curious eyes and raised an eyebrow.

"Why'd you stop?" He questioned standing up straight and clearing his throat. I simply shook my head and reached my hand out for the list. He pulled it from his pocket, having it become crumpled up and ripped slightly. I didn't say anything about it, yet he didn't hesitant to apologize about it.

"Bacon, we need bacon." I said to myself as I looked at the list. I turned back to glance at Kyle. I waved him forward and started to walk ahead. I wasn't checking if he was following behind me or not. I turned the corner and walked into the next aisle. I quickly grabbed some bacon and tossed it behind me listening as it fell into the cart. I looked behind me to see Kyle standing there with an amused smile.

"And if I wasn't here and there was an old woman?" He muttered before pushing the cart forward some more. I didn't reply to his comment but I looked at the list once more before walking out the aisle, yet my eyes stayed on the list. Of course that cause me to crash into someone, having both of us nearly fall to the hard tile ground.

Whoever I bumped into grabbed a hold of my waist and pressed y body closer to theirs. The person caught their balance before standing there silently for a moment.

"I am so sorry," I said as I looked up at the person, only to quickly take it back. I groaned and rolled my eyes as I met Chresanto's grin.

"You're so clumsy." He said plainly, though his voice didn't meet his facial expression. He released me from his grip and stepped back, clearing his throat and straighten his suit. He looks so much better when he smiles. I mean he looks much more attractive when he smiles. He has an amazing smile. I didn't realize I was staring at him till he looked up to meet my gaze. He raised an eyebrow at me a slight smirk pulling up at the corner of his I swiftly moved my eyes away and looked down the aisle to see Kyle who was slowly approaching. He really wasn't too thrilled to be here with me. I couldn't suppress a chuckle as he looked away from the tile ground to see Chresanto and I.

"What are you doing here?" Kyle questioned as his brows furrowed, his attention focused on Chresanto. I turned back to face Chresanto. I was wondering the same thing. I looked at him waiting for an answer. I don't think he was aware of my gaze on him.

"Don't play dumb with me Kyle. Those texts you've been sending me for help didn't go unread. I'm here because there wasn't much to do at work any ways, so I took off early." He explained his eyes flickering to me for a short moment.

I spun around on the heels of my feet to give Kyle a stern look, though I was ignored. Kyle's once confused expression melted away into a smile.

"You never leave work early, why do so all of a sudden?" He questioned leaning on the cart and smiling even wider.I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed but wasn't interested in the conversation. Yet, Chresanto wasn't replying. I turned around and walked around Chresanto snapping my fingers, hoping Kyle would get the memo to follow behind me.

No one asked him to come here. I was doing perfectly fine by myself, though this does ruin the surprise. I was planning on cooking dinner. I'm tired of take out and i'm sure he is too. I started walking on my own looking for the spices. I wasn't sure which ones to get. I kept my eyes on them as I stood there by myself.