Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: "Act On Your Feelings -- Part One"

Akira:

I didn't speak one word the drive back to the hotel. I mean, who is he to say such a thing about my family? Have I insulted his family even once? I wouldn't dare to do such a thing. Maybe I should have kept my thoughts to myself. I know Kyle wants him to attend the event, but maybe we're pushing him too much.

I sighed, catching Chresanto's attention. He looked over at me with blank eyes. I didn't dare turn to meet his gaze. I kept looking forward, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Akira, how many times do I have to say that I'm sorry?" He spoke softly, looking away from me for a moment. I didn't reply. That left us in an odd type of silence. He was the one to break it again.

"I'll make it up to you, alright? I got you." He said, mocking me from earlier. I couldn't hold in my laughter. I slight chuckle escaped my lips, making Chresanto smile.

"Alright, you make dinner tonight." I said grinning widely. I watched as Chresanto's eyebrows furrowed.

"Okay, you'll be getting burnt food than." He replied leaning back in the seat. I shook my head, smirking to myself. How did he survive? He just got take out the whole time? I noticed at that moment, that he didn't have his seatbelt on. I narrowed my eyes at him before reaching over and unlatching my own belt. I scooted closer to him, capturing his attention quickly. He didn't question me, but I reached over and began to pull his belt forward. I was leaning across him, my arm stretching to the belt. I kept my breathing even and his hand rest on my back, making me freeze.

I quickly pulled the belt around him and clicked it in. I moved back over to my spot, having his hand drop from my back. I clicked my belt back on and exhaled slowly. I closed my eyes and threw my head back. He's throwing me into a frenzy. I can't even think straight. When he first walked into the office, when I was looking at the designs, I was so happy to see him. I kept my cool though.

"Oh, you're here." Was all I said. But that definitely wasn't how I was feeling. I looked back over at him and he was looking down at his phone.

"Instead of having me make dinner, we go out and eat?" He suggested, keeping his eyes on his phone. When he was finished speaking he looked at me, waiting for an answer.

I nodded my head, "Yeah, that'll be cool. We should go to a movie too! I want to see that Gravity movie!"

He nodded his head, "Okay, then it's a date."

I scoffed playfully, a date. That word. This is the first time I've heard him use that word when we go out. Not once, has he called it a date. Yet, I guess I could consider this a date. All the other times we went out, it was for an event. This time, it's gonna be us; just the two of us alone.

"Nowhere expensive," I added, "We don't need to eat somewhere fancy. I mean I know you have the money...but I wouldn't mind getting something from Chipotle or McDonalds."

Chresanto continued to hold me gaze. He raised an eyebrow at me before looking away swiftly. I looked away from him and back at the window, just as we pulled up to the hotel. I opened the door and stepped out, closing the door behind me. Chresanto walked around the back and stood with me. He quickly grabbed my hand, pulling me forward with him. He didn't say a word and neither did I.

"Chresanto!" A female voice called as we walked into the lobby. I spun around quickly and my eyes focused on someone. Well, two people.

"Chresanto...I think that's Sally and some other lady." I said and stopped walking. Chresanto followed my gaze as he spotted the two.