Why Won't You Stay

Galing kay ilovesteggy

Steve had just done something amazing: saved 400 men from a Hydra base, including Bucky. Unfortunately Red Sk... Higit pa

Just the Beginning
Little Late, Huh?
Proving Himself
Three Long Days
Star-Spangled Man Back In Action
Taking out the Man Himself
The Main Priority Doesn't Always Come First
Why my own Brother?
Ending the War
He's Back, Again
Running out of Luck
D-Day
Dreaming Unrevealed
A New Setting
The Office Guys
Why Must He Always Go Missing?
This Time it's Forever

Assignment

945 20 25
Galing kay ilovesteggy

"Steve wake up!" She threw a pillow at his head.

"What? I thought I was waking you up." He was half asleep and he had a tired voice.

"That's what I thought too. You overslept and missed the meeting!"

"What time is it?"

"Eight o'clock."

"I'm sorry babe I just got home really late."

"Steve I was counting on you to be there when I wake up."

"Why is this so important to you?" Steve rubbed his eyes.

"Because it is Steve!" She plopped down onto the bed and crossed her arms.

"Listen baby, you've had a rough day and it's fine if you want to take it out on me." He put his hands on her arms and she calmed down.

"I'm sorry darling. It's just been so hard." She began to tear up. "It's just that-"

"Shh. Don't worry." He rested his chin on the top of her head and held her.

Peggy has been known to go off on Steve even if it's not about him. Work had been getting to her lately and really needed Steve. He was her pillow that she could relax onto.

*

The war was basically over. A few groups needed to be taken down but overall it was over. Music played through the speakers as a little "celebration." Steve ran to Peggy.

"You know what this reminds me of?" He used his winning smile again.

"What?" She was laughing about how excited he was.

"Follow me." He grabbed her hand and ran to his room. "Our dance."

Peggy was so impressed by this. It was cute, he remembered, and he did it in the sweetest way possible. A slow song came on. He put one hand on her lower back and the other was holding her hand.

"Is this ok?"

"Anything is ok as long as I'm with you." She leaned her head on his chest and closed her eyes. He closed his too.

*

They danced for what felt like minutes but was actually an hour. The song changed to a bunch of different genres but they didn't listen, they just danced.

Nothing else mattered.

*

"That was lovely." They pulled off each other.

"Is it me or do you also feel tired?"

"I feel like I've been snapped out of a trance." Steve put both his hands on her lower back and pulled her into him. As close as possible. There was no breathing room.

"I'm crazy about you." They kissed. Peggy pulled back so they were about an inch apart and smiled.

"I think I ought to put you in a mental hospital." They pecked again. Peggy held on to Steve's biceps.

"You ought to." He whispered. They kissed, longer this time. As if it was the last. It got more intense until the moment was ruined, again. Peggy's pager went off. They held their kiss for a few seconds longer then pulled back.

"Ugh this bloody thing. Phillips needs us. Time to go darling." They didn't move yet.

"I wish we could stay like this forever." He rested his head in the crook of her neck to kiss her collarbone.

"Steve we really should be going." Neither of them moved yet. She started laughing again. "I know you're crazy about me but have you gone mad?"

"Completely." They still stood in the same position and began to sway a bit. Steve removed his head from her shoulder and looked into her eyes. Then he planted a tender kiss on her lips. Sparks flew. Kisses like this that they shared felt like dropping onto a soft bed at the end of a long day. It literally makes you melt. It sends tingles down they're spines. It's mesmerizing. Peggy stopped it and removed Steve's hands from her waist.

"Don't start something you can't finish Mr. Rogers." She raised her eyebrow and walked out the door leaving Steve in the room alone.

"Yes ma'am." He whispered under his breath then followed her out the door.

"Mr. Rogers, glad you can finally join us. Please sit."

"Call us in to yell at us again?" Steve said innocently.

"No actually. I called you in to address a mission that might be coming up." Peggy tensed up.

"This one is also going to involve you Ms. Carter. You'll finally get a chance to kick some ass."

"What's the mission?" She asked.

"I'll be sending you and a team to take out a few Nazi groups.

"Will I be going sir?"

"No Rogers you won't be. I called you in for another mission. It's different and we're going to need your help on that."

"Ok. Will our missions be on the same day?"

"Fortunately yes. Kills two birds with one stone. Steve you'll be going after the leader himself. Hitler is your target." Colonel Phillips smirked. Peggy and Steve were shocked.

"D-do you think I'm ready for something like that?"

"Mr. Rogers you've handled everything we've thrown at you and some things we haven't asked you to do. You put the country's needs before your own. No other soldier could do that, even with the serum. You are a brave man Steve and I need you out there."

"Understood. Where are our assignments?"

"Agent Carter, you'll be going to northeast Germany and Captain Rogers, you will be going in the northwest. Both of your trips start tomorrow at 0800."

"Yes sir." Steve and Peggy said.

"Dismissed. I'm going to hold a briefing conference in 30 minutes. You don't have to go."

They left and headed back to Steve's room. Steve entered first and sat on his bed while Peggy shut the door.

"So you're going after the man himself and I have to kill his rejects." Peggy said.

"I-" He took a deep breath and laid flat, rubbing his eyes. "Oh Jesus."

Peggy laid down on the bed next to him on her side while Steve lay on his back. "I'm sure you'll do great darling." She rested her head on her hand.

"Yeah I'm sure I'll do fine but just...wow." He put his hand on his forehead and stared at the ceiling. "This is a big responsibility."

"Come on Steve he's just a man. A very powerful man but he isn't immortal like you."

"I'm not immortal."

"You are if you believe you are. And if you do believe then you're as dumb as a rock. Thinking you're invincible won't help in combat. That was a test, and you passed." She smiled then lay her head next to Steve and her hand resting on his chest. Her lips were a hair away from his ear. "I believe in you."

Steve's breathing turned uncontrollable. There wasn't a pattern. Peggy kissed his cheek long and slow to let the tension build. For Steve, the kiss was burning hot. Her lips felt so warm pressed against his cheek. Her next kiss was on his jaw. This one was quicker but was as passionate as the last. Another kiss on his jaw, closer to his chin this time. Her lips were followed by her fingers which tilted his head to the side so Steve was now looking at her. The next kiss was his lips. It was burning hot. If the heat was real, Steve would have 3rd degree burns. He looked into her dark, charcoal eyes that seemed to keep the fire going.

They pulled away but the tip of their noses were still touching. The fact that they didn't need words to have a conversation showed how much they knew and cared about each other. Steve's blue ocean eyes against her black coal eyes. It was magical.

They eventually went to sleep but Peggy would need to use makeup on her neck in the morning to cover up Steve's marks.

*

They woke up at about six in the morning.

"Steve are you awake?" She whispered.

"Barely."

"Good it's time to get up." Steve kept his eyes closed. Peggy got up and put her pants on. Steve had on sweatpants because he still wanted to be respectful. His shirt was across the room in a wrinkled ball. Peggy stood there looking at him and he turned over to talk to her.

"Ready for your mission?" He yawned.

"A child could do my assignment. I was expecting more."

"Oh come on don't be like that."

"I'll act however I want Mr. Rogers." There was that fiery Peggy Steve loves.

"So sassy." Steve joked. She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"You're a child stuck in a man's body."

"You're the one that fell in love with me."

"That may be true." Steve started flexing his muscles as a joke. Peggy took a deep breath and tried to look somewhere else.

"That's right I've seen how you look at me when I don't have a shirt on."

"Yes Steve it's magnificent. Now put on a shirt." She had her hands on her hips and was being sarcastic. Sarcasm was a tell tale sign that Peggy wanted to go over and kiss Steve until the next morning.

"Come here." Steve sat up and held out his arms. He flexed one pec then the other and went back and forth. Eventually Peggy started laughing and crawled onto Steve. She laid on his lap and her legs were on his sides. She grabbed his neck and kissed him. Things started to get heated. Steve's hands wandered. Peggy ended it while she was still on top of him.

"Think that's enough to get you off your ass?"

"You're such a tease." He rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah now put on a shirt." She grabbed his shirt from across the room and threw it at his head with perfect accuracy.

"One last look?" Peggy looked him up and down and took a deep breath. Steve put on his shirt and shoes then followed Peggy out there. "Peggy wait!" He whispered.

"What is it now? You're rather needy today Mr. Rogers."

"Your neck."

"Damn you're right."

They quickly walked to Peggy's room to hide Steve's marks.

"Hopefully I can pass these off as bruises when we get back."

"Sorry Peg."

"For what? They remind me of you." They caught each other glances in the mirror. "Now go get a seat in the breakfast hall. I'll be there soon."

"Ok." Steve left. Peggy stand there smiling in the mirror. She doesn't notice she smiles now. She's been so happy lately that she doesn't even notice. Steve is the one. The one to make her happy and the one to be her hero. He's it.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

84.2K 1.4K 46
Day after day in HYDRA Y/n also known as the Red Soldier, she is HYDRA's #1 assassin. One mission the Avengers save her. She doesn't know how to feel...
1.6K 72 3
Reader and Steve have been dating for some time. One day Steve leaves for a mission. A moment between Bucky and reader might disturb the order of thi...
445K 13.9K 45
Bucky Barnes had found refuge on a small farm in Montana two years ago. It was there that the Winter Soldier seemed to disappear from his mind and B...
363K 8.6K 33
A story of how Captain America finds his daughter. Or rather, how she finds him.