Sold to the Highest Bidder

By NishaNayy

Keegan James was just a normal woman living a normal life at the age of 23. She owned her own restaurants. Sh... More

waking up
it's been three days
don't give in
hands off
dinner
surprise!
first day i saw her
he's complicated
never ending problems
just let me go
taking it back a bit
i understand
something is missing
on business
lets talk about space
lets talk about space pt 2
the morning after
it's not over
just leave me alone
failed plans
you need saving too
help is here / i have to save myself
the pain is still there
stay a little while?
tell me you love me
it's a family affair
everything's alright
the wedding
hello there
The Big Day
Epilogue

then there was nothing

33.4K 856 86
By NishaNayy

I rolled over and looked at the alarm, it read 6:20 am.

I always woke up much earlier than my alarm clock. I was that excited to set up and get things ready for my staff.

This was the location I currently worked at until I went to my next stop in Chicago. I had a few set up in different states. I tried to visit as many spots as possible and connect with my employees and the customers.

I had more to come in Texas. Chicago. Connecticut. Virginia and many more places. I was ready to be international and be known for my great restaurants. 

I was probably one of the youngest to open up a chain of restaurants and I loved it. Culinary arts was my life. I don't know what I would have done without my love for food.

I can't even begin to explain my love for food and my love for the people working with me. If it weren't for the people who supported me I don't know what I would do. 

My brother was actually running the one in Chicago at the moment and we've been keeping in touch for the most part. Everything has been running smooth for the most part and the employees were perfect. 

My brother is 3 years older than me and he supported my dream. My parents on the other hand were big shot lawyers and they didn't like my career path.

Now imagine how happy they are that I had chains of restaurants everywhere and I did it on my own. Unfortunately that wasn't the case. 

My brother Kenneth was a business major so he was another reason I've been able to open up everywhere. He was also a minor in Architecture so he was a lot of help to with where exactly to put my restaurants and what were the perfect designs. 

He was a busy man. He was now married with two beautiful girls and one handsome boy. My nieces and nephew. Although we rarely visit each other we never missed a facetime call to one another throughout the day.

I was now dressed as I hopped out of the shower and began to do my morning routine. Brush my teeth. Comb my hair. Apply on makeup. Get lotioned up and smelling good. Dress.

I stared at my figure in the mirror. Yup I see you girl. I laughed as I did a little dance.  I was pretty much in shape and had curves here and there. I was now putting on my blacks slacks. God I loved these comfortable slacks. I put on my light grey blouse and my black 3 inch heels.

I grabbed my keys and was out the door. I literally skip breakfast just to get to the restaurant.

Arriving at the restaurant, I unlocked the doors and everything looked new. Just like I left it last night. I flicked the lights on so there would be a little light.

It was now 8am as my employees walked through the door. I knew each and every one of their names and it took such a short time to do so. I wanted to connect with them and know who was working for and with me.

I always kept in friendly here so that there would be no problems and since then everyone seemed to have liked it here. I won't lie at first it was rough but things have come together quite nicely.

"Hey Ms. James" Elliot said walking towards me. "Please. Call me Keegan for the last time" I said smiling. Elliot was nice and he was one of my first employees. He was in some bad business before but I saw that he was a good person and decided to hire him.

He was a sweet guy that had rough edges but ever since he started working here he's been better. When I first looked into those beautiful green eyes I wanted to hire him on the spot. He would definitely keep the female customers coming back. That was just a bonus.

"I was wondering if I could get the next Tuesday and Wednesday off. I have an important appointment to go to" He said smiling. "Yeah sure. I'll find someone to cover you" I responded. "Great. Thank you" He said walking off.

More of the employees were coming in. "I've already heated most of the stations so you guys could just relax and get a chance to really wake up." I said. "Plus. I made a few treats in the breakroom" I said winking at them. More like a mini buffet.

I always did it on fridays and they loved it so I felt like it should be a weekly thing. The day was going great. Busy as usual. I was running from the kitchen cooking. To waiting. To hosting. I was just about everywhere.

"Hello Welcome to KJ's Place. How many?" I said asking this man who seemed a bit nervous. "Uhh seating for two" He responded looking around. "Alright. Right this way" I said leading him to the empty table for two in the back.

"Umm. What's your name so I can direct your party to you when they arrive" I said smiling down to him. He gave me a nervous smile," Uh Chuck" He said. "Ok Chuck. Can I get you started with anything or would..."

"Yeah a beer would be nice. Any beer honestly. Just bring it" He said cutting me off. "You got it" I said going to fetch that beer.

I looked back and he gave me another nervous smile. "Hey Dave can you give me a flat tire or whatever is good back there" I said sitting on a bar stool. "Yes boss. Drinking on the job?" He said amused. "Oh no. I don't drink. It's for a customer" I chuckled.

I haven't touched a drink since my 21st birthday. I got so fucking drunk it made me sick. From there I vowed to never drink again.

"Thanks" I yelled to Dave as I walked away. There was a man standing at the hosting desk looking around. "Looking for Chuck" I said smiling at him. I don't know what had been going on with my previous host but she hadn't been showing up as of late.

"Yeah." "Follow me" I said leading him to the table. "Here you go. I found your party as well" I said sitting the beer down.

"Thank you" Chuck said. "Is there anything I can get for you" I questioned the man who just arrived. "Yeah. Water" He said with an attitude. "Right away sir" I said getting someone to fetch the water to the man.

"Tiff can you take a water to table 7 please" I said as I was checking on the food and my workers. I always made sure my workers were good before I worried about myself. I wanted to make sure they were getting the adequate rest and breaks between different meal times. 

"We're good KJ go ahead and take your break. Kenneth should be calling any minute now" Carl said waving me off. "Thanks. You're the best" I said giving him a thumbs up and winking at him.

Sure enough as I entered my office my laptop was chiming and so was my phone. I hurried to answer it. "Hey Kenneth" I said smiling hard as hell. One thing I know is I loved my brother. "Hey KJ" He said smiling back.

"I meant to call earlier but the kids were sleep well they still are so they won't be around" He said making me pout. "How's Liz doing?" I questioned. Liz was his wife. They've been together for over 5 years now. My nieces were 3 and Kenneth was 4. 

"She's great. Just taking care of business with these crazy kids. She just got done dealing with that big headed boy Kenneth" "Don't be talking about my baby" I heard Liz yell from the background.

"Tell him Liz" I yelled and laughed. "I miss you guys. Ima take off next week and come to you guys in Chicago" I whined. "We miss you too KJ. I hope we do see you then. The kids would love the surprise" Liz said coming into view.

"Hi Liz! I miss you!" I said pouting. "Yeah whatever sis. We'll talk to you later though" Kenneth said. We all said our goodbyes and love you's before I went back to work.

The day went by faster and became much slower. "Ok team. Kitchen is closing. Take last orders and then that's that" I said smiling to them all. As usual there were late customers and I served them myself.

We turned the stoves off and let the last customers leave. We all cleaned which took very little time since we were already doing so.Everybody was leaving. I was last as usual. This was a daily routine.

I put all the money in the safe. I locked all doors and checked the place. Then finally shut off all the lights.I really loved this place. This had to be my favorite so far. I loved my loyal customers and my loyal employees.

I locked the front door and headed to my car. My heels clacked on the pavement as I walked to my car. I stopped and I heard more footsteps and they stopped too. I moved a little faster this time without stopping.

Nobody better fuck with me today. Was all I was thinking. I was a licensed carrier. I got to my car and dropped my keys. I hopped up quickly with my gun aimed at the person following me. "God! Elliot. I could have killed you" I breathed putting my gun into my purse and throwing it in the car.

"Sorry Keegan" He chuckled nervously. "I... I just wanted" He stammered out. Oh lord this guy better not ask me out. He was pacing and walked to the other side of my car. "What is is Elliot? You can tell me anything." I said following him to the other side of my car. 

"Fuck. I can't do this...Keegan listen..." He said. He was cut off when two familiar faces popped up behind him. Chuck the mysterious guy and the man he was meeting with.

"What's going on?" I asked as I inched closer to my car. "Sorry Keegan. I have to" Elliot said looking sad."What Elliot?" I questioned as the man with Chuck stepped forward to me.

I had to make a quick move. My door was already shut where my gun was. I just needed to get to the driver side and pull off. Push to start. Push. Start and go. I chanted to myself.

I ran to the other side but I never had a chance. The man pushed me up against the car. I looked at Elliot with wide eyes.He had a pitiful look on his face. A cloth was placed to my mouth as I tried to fight him off and hold my breath.

I held my breath so long I began to panic. My fight was over now and I couldn't resist breathing in. I had no choice at this moment so I inhaled deeply and everything was going black as I became weaker.

"What did you do...." I groaned and then there was nothing. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69 2 9
Sarah has it all. The dog, house, perfect job, loving family and friend, and even the perfect guy. Only problem is he is married. She knew James was...
234K 6.7K 59
MATURE CONTENT !!!! 18+ UNEDITED ... PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT, SHARE, & LIKE 🥰😘 Riley is a good and innocent girl never been through anything in...
1.1K 143 41
Keegan Maye wasn't your typical girl. She wasn't girly but yet not full tomboy. She doesn't take any crap from anyone. Adam Green was your I guess yo...
42K 2.3K 29
You can't turn no hoe into a house wife. Monica is a 23 year old woman who ain't never had a man. A real man. Her own man. Love. Maybe she doesn't e...