So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 |...

By omgchele

Between juggling the struggles of being a teen parent, going to a new school in a new neighborhood, being rid... More

So Far Gone (Urban) Book 8 {Synopsis}
Copyright Notice
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Update PLEASE READ!!
Chapter 12
Leaving?
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Author's Note
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Published Book Covers
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 - THE END

Chapter 48

11.6K 461 833
By omgchele

Theodore III

Later that night, I found myself sitting across from Mama and her boyfriend Jayvion. Princess was sitting beside me in a booster seat but it felt awkward. I don't know if it was just me but I could feel the tension at the table. I know I'm not the only person hung up on what happened between Jayvion and I a few months ago since he's barely said anything to me. The only time he really speaks is when Mama's around, and even then, it sounds forced.

"So, Theodore," Jayvion began as he cut into his steak. "Tell me about yourself. Your Mom talks about you kids but I wanna know from you. What are you majoring in, in college?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't know." To be honest, I really haven't given college much thought. The only reason I'm going is to make King happy but I know I won't have any time for it once I get down to Atlanta. My main concern will be working and managing the clubs. College will just be a big distraction, and I have enough distractions as it is. I don't need another one. "I guess I'll figure it out when I get there."

"Why don't you go into law? Take myself, for example, I was done with my undergrad in four years then I went on to law school and now I'm just barely 30 and I'm making big money. You should consider law or some type of law enforcement. The police academy is always looking for new members."

I scrunched up my face. What do I look like getting involved with the police? The only police I want to be worried about are the dirty cops on my pay roll but the police academy has nothing to offer me. Why would I want to be involved with a system that's killing my kind every single day? "I'm good on that. I don't want to be a cop and I don't want to be in school that long."

"Yeah, I said the same thing but all the years you put into school will pay off eventually, especially when you see that first check. If one of my cases is big enough, I could be charging a couple hundred an hour and the person has to pay me even if I don't win their case.

"I'm good," I mumbled, causing him to sigh.

"All I'm saying is, going into law will pay off in the end."

"And all I'm saying is that I got a plan set out for myself. I know what I'm going to do when I go to school."

Mama smiled, finally jumping into the conversation that was soon to be heated. "Well I want him to go in and get a feel for the school before he starts making any major decisions. He has two years until he has to declare a major, so just take your time but I want to hear about this plan you set out for yourself. Who helped you with this plan?"

"King did," I commented, making Mama's eyes widen.

"King?"

I nodded my head. "Yup, King."

Jayvion scrunched up his face. "Who's King?"

Mama sighed, shaking her head. "No one." Clearly Mama knows the type of plan King and I set out for myself but what did she expect when he gave me everything he owns? Did she think I was just going to be living off of the money and never doing anything to replace the money I'm spending? I need a way to make the money back, and right now, the trap houses and the clubs are how I'm going to make my money back. "How long has King been helping you with this plan?"

"Since he took me under his wing. He says he wants me to be a mini King, you know, like a Prince," I smirked, making Mama frown.

"Alright well remind me to have a talk with you about the way King's taking you under his wing when we get back to my house because I have a few questions to ask you."

I nodded my head. "Alright, sounds fine to me."

The rest of dinner went by smoothly since none of us talked to each other. Mama was pissed, to say the least, but it's nothing I can do to change what I've gotten myself into. And what's the big deal working with King? After all, that is her Father and she should know how he rolls. He wouldn't let me get into any real danger, and in the event that I am in real danger, he's trained me to protect and defend. All I'm doing is making money so my family can be set for the rest of their lives, even if that means dipping into some illegal business. King's set up ways to clean the money so I won't get caught. It's virtually impossible to get caught doing what I'm doing.

We were back at Mama and Jayvion's crib within an hour and Jayvion went straight to the back without saying a word to me or Mama. I turned to Mama, who was locking the condo down for the night.

"So where are me and Princess gonna sleep?"

"There's an extra bedroom in the back but I need to speak with you about this thing you have going on with my Dad first. What the hell are you thinking going into business with him? You're going to get yourself into a world of trouble, but most importantly, you're going to get yourself killed!" she whispered. "My Dad's a lot of things but I didn't think he would be that stupid to allow you to go down the same destructive path he went down."

"It's not even that bad. I can protect myself."

"The same way you protected yourself when Ava stabbed you?"

"I didn't know how to protect myself back then but I do now. Look, you don't even need to worry about me Mama. I got it under control."

"No you don't. I don't even know why he'd introduce you to the life he used to live. He never wanted any of his kids in it for a reason and that's because it's dangerous. Messing around with my Dad, you could die or you could be in jail. Why can't you just go down the good path and make your money legally?"

"Because doing the right thing hasn't gotten me anywhere in life Mama. Every time I try to do the right thing, somebody always stabs me in the back. I'm tired of getting hurt by people that I think are loyal to me. I'm tired of it Mama and I'm ready for a change. I'm taking over the clubs in Atlanta and what comes with the clubs is everything you're afraid of. And it's not like I'm even gonna be selling dope. All I'm acting as is the distributor. I get my product from the connect and distribute it throughout the state. The rest is up for the people working with me to do. They move the weight how they want to but I'm getting my money regardless and the money will be cleaned through the clubs. I got this under control Mama."

She sighed, folding her arms. "And what if the police raid your place? You know if they catch you, you could go to jail for the rest of your life. That means no more Princess, no mo--"

"I know what it means Mama," I cut her off. "I already had this conversation with King and I know that I've got a lot riding on me, that's why I'm trying to make things as easy as they can be for everybody. And that means you being on board with what I'm doing."

"I can't be on board with you throwing your life away Theodore."

I sighed. "I'm not throwing my life away. I'm just simply making money my way."

"But your way isn't always best. And one thing will lead to another and you won't just be making money. Next thing you know, you'll be lying, cheating, stealing and God forbid killing people. There's more to that life than what meets the eye. I guess it's all fun and games until you or somebody close to you gets killed, right?"

I took a deep breath. This is one thing I didn't miss about Mama: her nagging. It's like she can't ever just agree with what I'm doing. I know she won't agree with everything but the least she can do is support me and I have my back. Instead, she's constantly on my back about something I'm not doing or something I should be doing and that's annoying.

"Look, if you can't agree with what I'm doing, at least make an effort to support me and have my back."

She sighed, shaking her head. "I don't even think I'll be able to do that. Supporting you is just like telling you to go out and find danger. You're going to get yourself hurt and I refuse to be apart of that."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Fine. You not supporting me is nothing new so I'm not shocked about it. I'll just keep on with my life since you don't want to be apart of it as usual. Good night Mother."

I wrapped my arms tighter around Princess and started to walk to the back but she pulled me back. "Don't guilt trip me Theodore. I mean what I say when I'm telling you I'm not supporting you on this. I don't agree with you doing all of this illegal stuff with my Dad when you have so much potential."

"You were never around to know if I even have any potential. Look, I get you went to college and I'm glad you did and made a career for yourself but I can't see myself going down the same path. I can't be stuck at a job working for somebody else when there's an opportunity already available for me where I'd be making ten times more than I'd ever make getting a degree. And I'm already reaping the benefits of it, so I might as well be apart of it. I like making thousands of dollars a night and I don't even have to do anything."

Mama scrunched up her face as she tightened her grip on my arm. "Thousands of dollars? What the hell are you doing Theodore?"

I sighed. "There's three clubs down in Atlanta that are live and booming. I don't even have to go over there and do anything. All I gotta do is sit back and make money off of the clubs. Each club is pulling down at least 90k a night but that's just on a slow night, so how can I pass that money up? Then you gotta in the money for the extra stuff we do."

"Extra stuff y'all do, as in what?"

I slightly shrugged my shoulders. "The usual that I'm sure you know about."

"Actually, I don't know. What the hell are y'all doing?"

I couldn't help but laugh at her. I don't know why she's playing dumb. She knows exactly what King used to do. "Mama, you already know what King used to do. You know, pushing weight, pimping, that kind of stuff."

Mama's eyes widened. "Pimping? Theodore, you can't be serious. I know my Dad used to pimp out females but that doesn't mean you have to do the same thing. How would you like it if a guy pimped out Princess? You'd be pissed off."

"Princess would never get pimped out because I care about my daughter. Females only get pimped out when they don't have anybody that cares about them or wants to protect them. And it's not like I'm forcing any of the girls to do anything they don't want to do. They're free to go whenever they please, so it's up to them to work with me. Just like the strippers at my club. I'm not forcing anybody to do anything."

"It's still not right Theodore."

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay, and whether it is or isn't, I'm already involved in it and I'm not running away from the money. I need this for me and Princess to be set. I don't want my daughter growing up looking for hand outs from niggas like her Mom. I want Princess to be independent, and if she has to be dependent on a nigga, I want it to be me. I don't want her looking for handouts from anybody."

"I understand that and I can support you on that but what you're doing right now isn't right."

I opened my mouth to talk but stopped when I saw Jayvion walking into the kitchen. "I'm not listening to you guys' conversation," he said as he pulled the fridge door open. "I'm just looking for something to eat. Y'all can carry on with the conversation."

I scrunched up my face. "Why you looking for something to eat if we just came from dinner less than an hour ago?" I asked him because I knew he was just being nosy. He was just trying to be all up in me and Mama's conversation.

"Because I'm hungry, damn. I didn't know I had to have a reason to eat," Jayvion laughed but Mama and I stayed silent and I think he could feel the tension in the room. "Look, I heard you guys yelling and I know you guys are working on your relationship but it's late. How about we all just call it a night and go to our separate rooms for the night to cool down?"

Mama sighed. "I think that's a good idea. Theodore, do you need help getting Princess to bed?"

"Nah, I got it."

I grabbed Princess' diaper bag and threw it over my shoulder before walking to the back. I don't know who Mama thinks she's fooling but she knows the type of business King used to deal with and is still dealing with. And she doesn't have to admit it if she doesn't want to but she knows he was never truly done with the streets. Nobody can ever be fully done with anything that's making them that much money and Mama's a dumb ass to think otherwise.

I pushed the door open to the room Princess and I were staying in and flipped on the lights. This room was completely furnished just like every other room of the condo, which surprised me. As soon as I walked into the room, my feet sank into the plush white carpet but nonetheless, I made my way over to the bed and laid Princess down since she was just about sleep.

I changed clothes, changed Princess' diaper and laid in bed beside her, not even tired. Princess was fast asleep but I couldn't go to sleep. I can never sleep in a place where I'm not comfortable or wanted. I know Mama wanted me to visit so we could start to work on our relationship, but based on our previous conversation, I don't know how long we'll be mending this relationship. Things are already strained but once Mama caught wind of my profession, she wasn't happy and I don't think there's anything that'll change her mind. But the funny thing is, there's nothing that'll change my mind either.

I watched the sunrise the next morning with Princess. I guess she could sense me up because she was up majority of the night if she wasn't taking five or ten minute naps. The two of us stayed up all night not doing a damn thing. I was laid back on my phone just thinking all night while Princess laid on my chest looking around the room, watching me, looking at my phone with me and babbling all night long. What was she talking about? I have no clue but I just played along since Lindsey said I needed to keep her stimulated even if I didn't know what she was talking about. We didn't get any sleep last night but I figured I wouldn't.

I walked into the kitchen the next morning with Princess on my hip and frowned when I saw Jayvion standing at the counter making himself coffee. He was dressed in this cheap, tacky looking suit that he probably got from an outlet store. It was a baggy gray suit that looked worn out and old. I thought he'd be making big enough bucks as a lawyer to buy a better suit but I guess not. I guess if you're a basic nigga you can't expect anything more than sub-par.

"Rough night?" he asked me.

"Something like that."

He stepped to the side, revealing the coffee pot. "Well you're in luck. I just made a fresh pot of coffee. There's mugs in the cabinet."

"No thanks, I don't drink coffee. What else y'all got for breakfast?"

"Well I'm normally out of the house early in the morning and Victoria doesn't really eat much breakfast besides coffee but you can check in the fridge. There should be something in there."

I nodded my held and pulled open the refrigerator door. The refrigerator was full of takeout boxes from restaurants. I scrunched up my face. For a rich nigga, he sure is living poor. They don't have anything in here but white, foam containers. They don't even have a gallon of milk or any fruit. Damn. This is the nigga Mama left Pops to be with? I know my Dad is all types of fucked up but at least he'd cook sometimes. This nigga can't even cook for my Mama.

"Uh I think I'll pass on breakfast," I mumbled, realizing why Mama doesn't eat breakfast. There's nothing here.

"Alright, suit yourself but I'm heading out to work. Will I see you when I get back?"

"Probably not."

"Okay well have a nice day."

With that, Jayvion walked out of the condo, leaving me sitting in silence. I guess Mama's still asleep since I don't hear anybody up so I stood up and started doing some investigating for myself. Mama says she's living this wonderful life with this nigga so I'll be the judge of that. They already have a strike against them for not having any food in the refrigerator. I pulled open the first cabinet but it was filled with cups. Then I want over to the second cabinet but it was empty. Next I went to the third, the fourth and the fifth cabinet and that was empty too. Damn. Where's the food and shit at?

I walked back over to the table and plopped down. Damn. I'm starving. I barely ate at the nasty restaurant last night so I had to take things into my own hands. I looked down at Princess who was still sucking on her bottle and I grabbed it out of her hands. "Princess, I just need a sip. Daddy's about to die right now. Okay?" Princess watched on with wide, glassy eyes as I twisted the top off of her bottle and took a sip of it. The milk was fucking gross but I needed something to eat before I died.

"Ah! Ah! Ah!"

I looked over at Princess who was screaming and swinging her arms in the air all because I took some of her milk. Damn. I guess she wants me to starve too. "I'm sorry Princess. I'm sorry." I twisted the top back on the bottle and handed it to her so she could finish her bottle without crying and screaming.

I sat back against the seat, looking around the quiet and empty condo, sighing. Is this really what I've come down to? Mama begged me to come out here, and now that I'm here, all she wants to do is nag me and not spend time with me. I didn't come out here to be insulted by her, starved or have to talk to her crazy ass boyfriend. Mama knows I don't like him, and I definitely don't like them together and I knew I should have left last night when I saw him.

Since Mama feels like I'm such a burden to her, I'll just go and take Princess with me. Last night was probably the last time Mama will ever see me. I'm tired of fighting with her. I'm tired of giving her, her way to keep the peace. I'm tired of it all and I'm done!

Jaz

"So what did you talk to them about?" I asked Willie as he walked into school Monday morning.

"I just talked them about how I felt about my Dad being killed and how it effected me. I was completely honest about it. I basically told them everything I've been telling you about me and Theodore's friendship. We used to be cool and we're still family and we need to stick together. I apologized for the shit my Dad did to their Grandma but I had to tell them it was their Uncle that killed my Dad so we're even."

"Damn," I mumbled. Theodore has really been leaving me out of the loop with a lot of the issues going on with his family. "So how'd Lindsey and Isaiah take that?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I guess they were sympathetic. I don't really know too well since none of them wanna show how they truly feel. They always hide their emotions but they did cave in and invite the both of us to his birthday party next Friday and I'm thinking, why hold off until Prom night? Let's just get it going there."

"That doesn't sound too bad but do you think we'll be able to pull it off in time? I mean, I don't want anything to go wrong on Friday. I need everything to go perfectly or our whole plan will be fucked up and Theodore will never talk to us again."

"Yeah, I'm sure it'll go perfectly. There's not much you can fuck up with Jaz. The two of us can show up, bring him his gift and wish him a happy birthday and tell him that we're coming in peace. We can take him to a private room or outside so the three of us can talk in private. I know you're kind of nervous about telling him you love him so I'll be right there with you and then I'll try to make my amends with him. Things will go smoothly on Friday if you just stop over thinking it."

"What if they don't let us into the club though? Like what if Theodore sees us and tries to kick us out? Because knowing his family, there's going to be a strict guest list and he's going to have an entourage with him. We're not gonna be able to get to him without his approval and he honestly doesn't want anything to do with us right now. So how are we getting through his crew?"

"I'll be easy," Willie smiled. "Lindsey and Isaiah have already put us on the guest list so we're gonna be able to get into the club. The hard part is remaining in the club once we get in. But I'm thinking, as soon as we get in, we go right up to Theodore and tell him how we're feeling right there. He might not want to go somewhere privately wish us so we'll just do it right out in the open. I don't give a fuck. Everybody will be able to see I came to amends with him and if he doesn't accept my apology, he'll look like the jack ass. And he'll look like the jack ass turning you down."

I nodded my head. "Yeah, I guess you're right. I have a question for you though Willie."

"What's good?"

I took a deep breath. "I know you told me you have good intentions for Theodore and part of me believes you b--"

"But you think I'm lying?" he cut me off.

I nodded my head. "Yeah. It's just kind of weird that you would want to be friends with him all of a sudden, especially after everything that happened between you guys. I know you guys are growing and maturing but it just seems weird to me and it was out of the blue. And something you said the other day caught my attention and it hasn't been sitting well with me."

"What did I say?"

"When you said he'd be bleeding with joy. Bleeding with joy doesn't sound like a good thing to me. I'm just trying to see where your head's at because I'm not trying to come up to him on Friday with some stupid shit. I already stuck my neck out there and confronted him last week about everything he's been doing, and like you said, he's probably got a hit out on me right now. I just don't want to get fucked up because you're not serious about this. I like my life Willie, I'm not trying to die at the hands of somebody who I thought was my best friend. Just tell me you're being honest with me and be truthful."

He took a deep breath. "I'm being honest Jazmine. I know how I was a few months ago, and honestly, I wouldn't trust myself either but I've changed. I'm different and you can see that but I'm not trying to hurt Theodore. He's some of the only family I got and he put me on, so how else will I be able to repay him other than my cordiality and my friendship? I want to see him happy just as much as you do. And I know you stuck your neck out for me but you gotta trust me Jaz. All of this thinking I'm doing something behind your back is what's driving a rift in our entire plan. You gotta trust me."

"I know, it's just hard to do. I really want to trust you Willie but I've got this gut feeling that something it's gonna go right Friday night and you're gonna be the cause of it. I'm not trying to call you out of anything, I'm just trying to tell you how I feel because I'm very serious about what I'm trying to accomplish. I've been holding in these feelings for months and this is something very special and important for me and if you mess it up with your shenanigans, I won't ever talk to you again."

He smirked. "I promise I won't mess it up Jaz, seriously. Just like you, this is special and important for me to and I'm trying to take it serious. You just need to trust me and believe I won't do anything to hurt you."

"And what about hurting Theodore?" I asked, making him smile.

"I won't hurt your boyfriend."

I slightly smiled, still unsure about trusting Willie. I know he wants me to trust him and I did at first but after the comments he's made, I don't trust that he'll do the right thing but I plan on keeping him close to always know what he's doing. Right now, I'm drawing the line and shutting this plan down. I'll still go to Theodore's party to support him and I might possible tell him how I feel about him but I won't be showing up with Willie to conduct this plan because I don't want to be apart of anything he's doing.

"That's good," I told Willie. "Look, I'll catch you later."

"Alright, bye Jaz."

I quickly turned away from Willie and made my way to the girls' bathroom down the hall. Theodore probably hates me right now but I need to warn him about Willie before it's too late. I walked into the empty bathroom and walked straight down to the furthest stall before stepping inside and closing the door behind myself. I pulled out my phone and called Theodore's phone but it didn't even ring before going straight to voicemail. I sucked my teeth. Damn. I know he blocked my number so I sent him a voicemail instead of a text since I knew he wouldn't get my text.

"Theodore. It's Jaz. I know you hate me and don't want to talk to me but I have a perfectly good reason for acting the way I did the other day. It was all a plan because I had a surprise for you at Prom. I wanted you to have the perfect Prom, Willie and I both. I thought Willie was on board with what I planned on doing for you but now I see he has ill intentions. Please call me back because Willie is going to do something to you at your birthday party and I want you to be safe."

Gosh, I hope he gets my message because it'll be just my luck for Theodore to get hurt over some more of Willie's dumb shit.

Aubrey

Within three days, I was made stable by the hospital, had my cast on my arm secured and was released from the hospital, only to be put on to a bus that drove me up to Pelican Bay State Prison. I was pissed off, to the say the least. I sat on the bus for hours with a bunch of criminals who kept starring me down but I held my own with them. I starred back at them and even checked a few of them since they had something to say to me. I'm sure they'll all gang up on me when we get into our cells but I don't even care. If these niggas kill me, then I guess it'll just be my time to go.

It only took two hours to get up to the prison but it felt like two minutes. I was really dreading coming here today and none of this seemed real until I got to the prison, was booked and taken back to my cell.

"Welcome to your new home inmate," he began as he unlocked my empty cell. There was no one inside of it now but I knew I had a cell mate. The person had their stuff on their bed but my bunk was empty. There was an off-white mattress which turned me off. I could tell it used to be all the way white but it looked like somebody pissed, shitted and bled to death on it. The officer shoved me into my cell and locked the doors behind me. "Have fun with the big boys!"

I sucked my teeth as I listened to him walk down the hallway laughing at the top of his lungs, as if his joke was funny. Theodore's joke wasn't funny when he said the same exact thing so I didn't even laugh. I walked over to my bed and plopped down on it but it wasn't even any cushion to it. As soon as I sat down, all I felt was the cold steel holding the bed together.

"Fuck it," I mumbled, standing up so I could make my bed up. I can handle this. What's six years gonna do to me? I can finish high school in here, learn a few things from some of the inmates and live life casually. I don't have any bills and I don't have niggas like Theodore that like to ride my d*ck. It's easy living in here. The only issue is, there aren't any girls around so I have to guard my booty hole with my life.

I quickly turned around when I heard the gates opening behind me. An officer was holding a big guy by the arm before he pushed him inside. The guy wearing the orange jumpsuit walked into my cell with a smile on his face and stitches to match. He had stitches above his right eye that was covered with an eye patch while blood stained his jumpsuit.

"Ohhh, got you some new, young meat Bruce," the officer laughed as he locked me in the cell with this guy named Bruce.

Bruce smiled. "Yeah, I see they bought me a little cute nigga."

I sank back into my bed once I heard how deep and manly his voice was. His deep voice radiated off of the walls in here, sending chills down my back. How could the state set me up in a cell with this nigga? I'll never stand a chance against him.

"Place nice Bruce," the officer warned him. "You just got back from solitary. We don't need another incident like last time."

Bruce smirked. "It ain't my fault the little nigga wasn't giving me no dome right. He should've listened to me instruct him since he was gagging on my shit but that's what his ass gets. That's why he's dead."

"And that's why you gon' be in here for the rest of your life big fella. Good luck kid. Bruce likes to attack when the lights go out."

I swallowed hard as the officer walked off down the hall with a smile on his face. I kept my head low but my eyes up as I watched Bruce lay back on his bed.

"What'chu in for?" he asked.

"Drug charge. I got six years," I mumbled, making him laugh. 

"It figures a little sissy like you would be in here for drugs 'cause you ain't cut out to do anything else."

I scrunched up my face. "I can do whatever the hell I want my nigga. What'chu in for?"

The smile on his face grew wider as he cracked his knuckles that looked like they had been through hell. "I killed two niggas with my bare hands. Nothing major."

My eyes widened. I think they got me on the wrong side of the prison. I'm not supposed to be sleeping with killers around me. "Uh what'chu mean nothing major, fam? How long you in for?"

"My ass ain't getting out, so the way I see it, any nigga that gets in my way ain't coming out of here alive. And if they are alive, they gon' be begging for somebody to kill them. You know, I kill a nigga, they put me in SHU for a few months to a year possibly, I get out and I got a clean slate. I don't have nothing to waste, so with that being said, don't fuck with me nigga. As long as you listen to me and do what I say then we ain't gon' have no issues."

"Look, I don't want issues with you but I'm not gay."

"I'm not either."

"You had a nigga sucking your d*ck!"

"That don't mean I'm gay!" he growled. "You gotta get it how you get it."

"Well you ain't getting shit for me."

He smirked. "Why? You got'cho self a little bitch back home? 'Cause whatever relationship y'all got ain't gon' last."

"No. I don't keep bitches for long. I kept a bitch for three years. I thought she was the one for me but I found out she was fucking around with my best friend. So now it's fuck bitches, get money."

"Yeah, I know that," he chuckled. "I had a wife but she's dead."

"What happened?"

"I caught her fucking around on me with one of my co-workers and I killed the both of them mother fuckers with my bare hands. That was fifteen years ago and I've been in here ever since. I'm cool staying in here though 'cause maybe I see some potential in you kid."

I scrunched up my face. "Potential for what?"

He sat up in bed with his face twisted up. "Look, you ain't all that my nigga. You a cute lil' number but you ain't my type. I don't need no bitch looking ass nigga like you. You're too skinny and I know if I fuck you the way I fuck my other bitches that I'll rip you in half. So I'll spare you the loose asshole you'll have in the future and I'll shape you into the nigga I once was."

"Who said I wanted to be like you?"

"Something wrong with me?" he asked.

"Nah."

"Good," he smiled. "See, I like you kid. You got some potential and I'm willing to make you a deal since you're getting out before me."

"What's up?"

"Let me mold you and shape you. 'Cause I know you won't get out of here alive with the mouth you got on you."

"What's in it for me?"

"You get protection. Every nigga in here is afraid of my crew."

I scrunched up my face. "What's the catch?"

"The catch is that when you get out, you put money on my books. You know, a nigga gets hungry in here and the food they giving me ain't cutting it no more. I'm a big ass nigga and I gotta eat. And I didn't get a chance to finish school, and I can tell you got some type of education so I need you to teach me some of that school shit."

I nodded my head. "I feel you." Shit, if putting money on his books and tutoring him will get him to protect me in here then I'll do it. I need as many people on my side as I can get, and based off of the reputation this nigga has, I know I'll be protected so I agreed to it. "I'll help you out when I get out of here in exchange for my protection."

"Good," he smiled, rubbing his hands together.

~~~

Comment. Vote. Add to your Reading List. Share.

300+ Comments.

How was this chapter? How do you guys feel about Victoria's reaction to Theodore working with King? Should Victoria be upset about it? How do you guys feel about Jayvion? Should he stay out of Theodore's business? how do you guys feel about Theodore just walking out of Victoria's condo? Does he have the right to be upset with her? How do you guys feel about Jaz being on to Willie? Will Theodore ever get her message if he blocked her? What will Willie do to Theodore at his birthday? How do you guys feel about Aubrey being in jail? Will he survive long?

Jayvion is in the MM.

I came straight to you guys because I knew you guys would know but what happened with Lucas Coly? I woke up this morning to somebody messaging me on SC about he's missing, his IG was hacked and everybody's looking for him. What happened??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 275 56
"You're supposed to be my best friend, but all I can think about is kissing you again." TEDDY: I somehow got stuck in the unfortunate "one of the guy...
615K 23.2K 57
After inheriting every last dime from his wealthy Grandfather, Theodore Reed has a lot to handle at such a young age. He's picked up and moved his fa...
298 1 33
She's the daughter of a dangerous Mafia leader and the CEO a Resort owner Someone to not be messed with, she's crazy would shoot anything that ticks...